Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

***OFFICIAL A's v Royals Wild Card Thread***

Guess I'm going for the Royals, since I hate the A's. Would be nice for people who live in such a shithole to have something to celebrate.

It's cute that any of you think you have a chance against the Angels though. :)

Anything can happen in one game which is why I'm glad the Tigers won the division. But I like the story in KC and hope the Royals' season continues.

Good luck, KC :thumbsup: Going up against Lester in October is really tough, but I think they will be able to scratch across a few runs.

I have the Royals winning 3-2 :doublethumbsup:

It's 2-2 after 7, of course the Royals throw out Davis and Holland to shut down the As, and Bill Butler hits a GW RBI single in the bottom of the 9th to walk off :shocking:

is Don Denkinger going to be one of the 6 umps?

Hoping for the trifecta

1.Mizzou goes on road and beats S. Carolina....check

2.Chiefs beat Pats....check

3.Royals advance....

Royals/Orioles vs Nats is all I want and what baseball needs in the World Series

Royals/Orioles vs Nats is all I want and what baseball needs in the World Series

I'd take the Pirates as well

That's the kind of stuff that can kill a young pitchers confidence for the future. Why bring Ventura in at that point? Why not a veteran reliever? Dumb dumb dumb. KC has a great bullpen, yet they bring in a starter??????

Ned Yost makes lots of unconventional managing decisions. He must have convinced himself that he's the smartest man in baseball.

baseball needs the orioles nats? id like to see the o's in it but who the fock would care about that series

hmmm, if im a KC fan i can live with pulling shields a little early, though why trade for him... isnt this it?

but when you have one of, if not the best bullpens in the game, why don't you use it?

mind boggling

With the tying/go-ahead run in scoring position. Too bad those two dipsh*t KC batters both struck out on pitches about two feet out of the strike zone. Just a sac-fly there would have been golden.

baseball needs the orioles nats? id like to see the o's in it but who the fock would care about that series

Exactly. Baseball has a hard enough time drawing ratings in big market teams.

This has been a pretty good game though. I'm pulling for the Royals.

Gotta hand it to him. Not everything Yost does is focked up. He just pulled extra innings out of his ass.

This is a heck of a game. I had no idea I'd be as into it as I am. I seldom enjoy watching a game this much when one of my home teams isn't involved. I'm really puling hard for the Royals.

This is a heck of a game. I had no idea I'd be as into it as I am. I seldom enjoy watching a game this much when one of my home teams isn't involved. I'm really puling hard for the Royals.

Agreed it has been a great game. The story on this Finnegan kid is great -- pitched for TCU this June in the CWS, here he is in his 3rd (?) inning?! I'm kinda sick of the Royals though: leadoff man on... bunt him to second... groundout advances him to third. Out.

I grew up rooting for the A's so I'd marginally like to see them advance.

Agreed it has been a great game. The story on this Finnegan kid is great -- pitched for TCU this June in the CWS, here he is in his 3rd (?) inning?! I'm kinda sick of the Royals though: leadoff man on... bunt him to second... groundout advances him to third. Out.

I grew up rooting for the A's so I'd marginally like to see them advance.

They remind me of the Japanese little league teams. Nobody can hit, so they just bunt and steal bases.

Even if we lose I feel a lot better now

Hahaha.

Wonder if a healthy Crisp would have caught that ball off the wall?

It looked like a routine fly ball off the bat, I was amazed it carried so far.

:clap: What a game. I was thoroughly entertained.

Congrats to the Royals, great game. For the record, I was totally ready to man the suicide hotline for cmh. :thumbsup:

Hey @MikeFFToday can we get a pin?

Dumb

Fock you fockers that can't appreciate this should have been pinned!

Looks like if the Athletics could have held runners on base, this wouldn't have even been a game...