Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

So... Does Jeff Foxworthy have a point about R's and D's

From Jeff Foxworthy

Which side of the fence?
If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
If a Democrat is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
A Democrat demands that those they don't like be shut down.
If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
If a Democrat decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

:dunno:

Somewhere RP has his pants around his ankles reading this. :lol:

This is about the level of political commentary I'd expect out of the redneck Carrot Top.

Republicans and Democrats both complain when things don't go their way. :dunno:

Republicans and Democrats both complain when things don't go their way. :dunno:

I think Republicans complain but Democrats protest :dunno:

From Jeff Foxworthy

:dunno:

This is about the level of political commentary I'd expect out of the redneck Carrot Top.

Only an idiot would believe Foxworthy actually said this...

Snopes

The only real common link is that both groups are populated with the most gifted of liars, bought and owned by coporate greed, devoted only to staying in office.

If you think Jeff Foxworthy has a point,

you might be a redneck.

Still comes off as bitching to me.

The only real common link is that both groups are populated with the most gifted of liars, bought and owned by coporate greed, devoted only to staying in office.

:thumbsup:

So all that Tea Party stuff was just "complain(ing)" not "protest(ing)"?

IRS scandal? That my friend was outrage :)

IRS scandal? That my friend was outrage :)

What does this have to do with my question? :blink:

Generally speaking, the GOP speaks for the 'haves' and the Dems for the 'have nots', so Dems come across as whiny while GOP comes across as bullies. Also any fringe group is associated with a party to make arguments more appealing to the base. Just as PETA = Democrat, KKK = Repub. It makes for easy mob approval.

If Repub thinks slavery is wrong, he doesn't own a slave
If a Dem ", he fight for their equality
etc
etc
rinse
repeat

and before every says Lincoln was a repub, by today's standards he was a RINO

I've seen that list, or some variation thereof, a million times. I've never heard it associated with Jeff Foxworthy.

Aside from that, the list is generally accurate.

Just as PETA = Democrat, KKK = Repub.

Only wasn't one of the senior Senators a former KKK leader? he was a DEMOCRAT!

and before every says Lincoln was a repub, by today's standards he was a RINO

And JFK would be republican by today's standards -- whats your point?

Not to derail this Fox.Worthy type thread. :pun: :giggle:

However we've been having weekly protests in my state at the legislative building every Monday for over a month now. 300 + arrests in total, as people are showig up peacefully, but in places they are not allowed or not leaving when asked etc. They are doing it peacefully but still breaking laws.

The Tea Party for the most part would go out to designated area, of which somebody obtained a license to do so, and assemble together. They'd have music and signs and guest speakers come up and rile up the masses. However it more of a pep rally than a 'protest'. As many tea party conventions and what not they had there was rarely laws broken or mass arrests.

It seems to me that the liberal side does in fact 'protest' more by getting in the way of government, to be heard. Camp out in front of the govt buildings or chain themselves to a door or show up at a government event and boo. Whereas the right likes to get people together at rallies and get the word out and rally the voters. I'm sure it's happend before, and any group has their crazies, but on the whole I rarely do read about a Republican cause being protested by folks chaining themselves to a door or showing up in the middle of a government vote and trying to take over the building etc.

Just my observations.

Only an idiot would believe Foxworthy actually said this...

Snopes

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for Snops'ing.

Pretty sad when you have to try and use Jeff Foxworthy to lend any sort of gravitas to your beliefs. :lol:

Pretty sad when you have to try and use Jeff Foxworthy to lend any sort of gravitas to your beliefs. :lol:

I'm a former Redneck you bastard! :mad: He is next to Larry the cable guy, Andy Griffith , and The Duke brothers in credibility

On par with going to Comedy Central and using Jon Stewart as a news source.

This is the same party that thinks Ben Stein and Ted Nugent are a-list celebrities.

If Repub thinks slavery is wrong, he doesn't own a slave

If a Dem ", he fight for their equality

if a dem would do his homework, he would learn that it was the democrat party that filibustered the civil rights act. dems didn't fight for equality for black people in the late 50s and early 60s. he would also learn that algore's father and bill clinton's mentor were the leaders of the filibuster, along with the only KKK member to be in the senate. if a dem would do his homework, he would also learn that lyndon johnson voted for civil rights for black people exactly zero times while he was the leader of the senate. it would be best if dems didn't take up the cross for black people since white dems seem to be the least educated about their party, though black dems are still dumber. a dem would also learn that his party has no fight for equality even today. the plight of black people in america has gotten worse since the token black dem president was put into office by the guilty-feeling white democrats. pat yourself on the back for your obama vote. you've set black people back 50 years.

if a dem would do his homework, he would learn that it was the democrat party that filibustered the civil rights act. dems didn't fight for equality for black people in the late 50s and early 60s. he would also learn that algore's father and bill clinton's mentor were the leaders of the filibuster, along with the only KKK member to be in the senate. if a dem would do his homework, he would also learn that lyndon johnson voted for civil rights for black people exactly zero times while he was the leader of the senate. it would be best if dems didn't take up the cross for black people since white dems seem to be the least educated about their party, though black dems are still dumber. a dem would also learn that his party has no fight for equality even today. the plight of black people in america has gotten worse since the token black dem president was put into office by the guilty-feeling white democrats. pat yourself on the back for your obama vote. you've set black people back 50 years.

Yes, but you don't understand.

Back in the '60s all the Dems would now be Reps, and all the Reps would now be Dems.

That is how the party of racists try to explain away their racist history.

Oh, and Robert KKK Byrd. :banana:

This is the same party that thinks Ben Stein and Ted Nugent are a-list celebrities.

I'm from Michigan, Ted Nugent is an A-list celebrity in my book. :headbanger:

Ben Stein is pretty good as well, especially when he's going after the educational system.

Some great revisionist history and cherry-picking here. Anyone who really does their homework will understand the Southern members of the House and Senate, both Rep and Dem, were Byrds of a different color, holding tight to segregation. Southern Democrats actually voted for the Civil Rights act at a rate greater than Southern Republicans. In fact not one Southern Republican in the House or the Senate voted for it, whereas 8 Southern Dems did. Northern Democrats also voted for approval at rates higher than Northern Republicans.

The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

• Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
  • Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
  • Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Some great revisionist history and cherry-picking here. Anyone who really does their homework will understand the Southern members of the House and Senate, both Rep and Dem, were Byrds of a different color, holding tight to segregation. Southern Democrats actually voted for the Civil Rights act at a rate greater than Southern Republicans. In fact not one Southern Republican in the House or the Senate voted for it, whereas 8 Southern Dems did. Northern Democrats also voted for approval at rates higher than Northern Republicans.

The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

• Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
  • Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
  • Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Unlike you, I will provide a link that shows a higher percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than did Dems.

Apparently, you are unaware Bills are passed by a vote of the entire Senate and House. They are not passed by region.

Vote totals[edit]

Totals are in "Yea–Nay" format:

• The original House version: 290–130 (69–31%).
  • Cloture in the Senate: 71–29 (71–29%).
  • The Senate version: 73–27 (73–27%).
  • The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289–126 (70–30%).
By party[edit]

The original House version:[16]

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[17]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:[16]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[16]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Unlike you, I will provide a link that shows a higher percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than did Dems.

Apparently, you are unaware Bills are passed by a vote of the entire Senate and House. They are not passed by region.

Vote totals[edit]

Totals are in "Yea–Nay" format:

• The original House version: 290–130 (69–31%).
  • Cloture in the Senate: 71–29 (71–29%).
  • The Senate version: 73–27 (73–27%).
  • The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289–126 (70–30%).

By party[edit]

The original House version:[16]

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[17]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)

The Senate version:[16]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[16]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

I'm aware enough how bills get passed, just demonstrating that the Southern bias was present in both parties. I think the non-grossly-partisan posters here will be able to understand that.

The Senate was 67-33 Democrat controlled. If they didn't want it to pass, it wouldn't have.

The House was 259-176 Democrat controlled. If they didn't want it to pass, it wouldn't have.

:rolleyes:

The Senate was 67-33 Democrat controlled. If they didn't want it to pass, it wouldn't have.

The House was 259-176 Democrat controlled. If they didn't want it to pass, it wouldn't have.

:rolleyes:

Nice rationalization.

Why did the Dems filibuster it?

Why did Owlgore's dad vote against it?

Why did your party have a Grand Kleagle of the KKK as their Senate leader for years?

Esquiring minds want to know.

Nice rationalization.

Why did the Dems filibuster it?

Why did Owlgore's dad vote against it?

Why did your party have a Grand Kleagle of the KKK as their Senate leader for years?

Esquiring minds want to know.

Because they were racist segregationists clinging to the ugly past. Luckily for blacks they were not reflective of the general attitude of the whole Democratic party who had overwhelming majorities in both houses and allowed it to be passed. As you astutely observed, bills aren't passed by region. :thumbsup:

HTH.

More proof that politicians from America's toilet region being idiots isn't a recent phenomenon. They've been at it all throughout history.

More proof that politicians from America's toilet region being idiots isn't a recent phenomenon. They've been at it all throughout history.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ someone from Detoilet talking shiot about ANY other part of the U.S. :doh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ someone from Detoilet talking shiot about ANY other part of the U.S. :doh:

I lived in the suburbs. Not the good suburbs, mind you, I lived in a cr@p one. But that half mile, that two minute jog from outside of Detroit city limits insulates me from these accusations.

Who did that?

Actually, he couldn't even get the analogy right. It'd be like some moron writing his own facile screed - then attributing it to TDS.

I lived in the suburbs. Not the good suburbs, mind you, I lived in a cr@p one. But that half mile, that two minute jog from outside of Detroit city limits insulates me from these accusations.

so you lived on the other side off 8 mile. You say hi to Eminem