Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Brady's_feet

Toby Gerhart is making me uncomfortable..

Short bench leagues: Is he droppable?

I have no faith in putting this guy in my lineup, but will things drastically change when/if Bortles gets his shot?

Will dumping Gerhart come back to haunt me? Doubtful.

one more dud, which I fully expect this week, and he's cut. The beauty of cutting players like that is not just that you feel good cutting ties, but it's quite amusing watching someone else play the fool, pick him up and start him for a week or 2 before he gets tossed out with last nights muff cabbage...

He's a mudder. Loves the mud....eats mud. In fact, his father was a mudder...and his mother was a mudder.

His mother was a mudder?

That said, I saw Gerhart rated stupid-high on my cheatsheet, something outrageous like top-10. I had a big red X next to him indicating not to touch him in the auction unless he went for $1.

one more dud, which I fully expect this week, and he's cut. The beauty of cutting players like that is not just that you feel good cutting ties, but it's quite amusing watching someone else play the fool, pick him up and start him for a week or 2 before he gets tossed out with last nights muff cabbage...

Yeah, well my starters are Joique Bell, Ryan Mathews and Zac Stacy. I'd kill for some muff cabbage right about now.

It wasn't amusing to watch when I dropped Alshon Jeffery after 3 weeks last year

I did exactly this as well! Im ecstatic to find someone else that did this!

MUFF CABBAGE is muff cabbage. The fact that you have other muff cabbage on your team doesn't change this turd being a muff cabbage!

HTH

I did exactly this as well! Im ecstatic to find someone else that did this!

Me too.

Thinking T West is starting week 3 for me over Toby.

Me too.

Thinking T West is starting week 3 for me over Toby.

I'm definitely doing this. Toby's still a "Hold" in my book. You aren't likely to find another RB on waivers (especially after this week's bloodbath) that will be the primary ball carrier. But I can't trust him until he shows me something, and I suspect that won't happen until Bortles gets to start, which is imminent. But West over Toby for Week 3, unless I get a better option through waivers.

I'll be starting L. Miller or J. Hill over Toby this week. I need to see something before I can start him.

I put in waiver-wire claims for K. Davis and/or D. Brown. With Toby going in my rear-view mirror if I win either WW bid.

I took a two-week vacation in August, and was kind of scrambling before my draft this year. Most everyone had Toby ranked high, as he would see 20+ touches a game. Right... :cry:

I hope a QB change is forthcoming. Oline playing terrible and QB holding onto the ball too long.

A QB change would benefit Gerhart some.

I hope bortles starts this week. colts defense has been pretty poor against the run...I might consider him at flex if none of my waiver claims work out.

Think Cecil Shorts return might help at all? Maybe having a legitamate pass catching threat might keep a defense from stacking the box so much?

I can't trade him for anyone meaningful and have a Robinson bid on waivers, but after Forte, I'm very thin at RB.

Think Cecil Shorts return might help at all? Maybe having a legitamate pass catching threat might keep a defense from stacking the box so much?

I can't trade him for anyone meaningful and have a Robinson bid on waivers, but after Forte, I'm very thin at RB.

pretty confident no one is stacking the box against the jax saying, hey Toby's the guy we gotta stop! His woes have not been due to facing 8 in the box. His woes are tied to him being a mediocre back playing on a horrible offense. That might change with bortles coming in, not with cecil coming in. Teams aren't magically going to triple team Shorts leaving the rest of the guys more room to operate. The way Jax plays, all any D needs is to throw their base D out there, some blitzes, and go home with a 21 point win...

I hope bortles starts this week. colts defense has been pretty poor against the run...I might consider him at flex if none of my waiver claims work out.

Cecil Shorts (hamstring) says he will return to practice Wednesday.

Advice: The Jaguars could use Shorts after Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee both laid eggs in Sunday's loss to Washington, dropping several passes and blowing assignments. "I'll be practicing Wednesday," Shorts said. "It felt good running around today. I sprinted, so I'll give it a go on Wednesday." With Shorts back, either Lee or Hurns may lose his job. Allen Robinson is also on the rise after turning six targets into four catches and 75 yards the Skins.

More: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I also saw a post that Henne is on a VERY short leash sunday. I can't find where I read it though...

Cecil Shorts (hamstring) says he will return to practice Wednesday.

Advice: The Jaguars could use Shorts after Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee both laid eggs in Sunday's loss to Washington, dropping several passes and blowing assignments. "I'll be practicing Wednesday," Shorts said. "It felt good running around today. I sprinted, so I'll give it a go on Wednesday." With Shorts back, either Lee or Hurns may lose his job. Allen Robinson is also on the rise after turning six targets into four catches and 75 yards the Skins.

More: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I also saw a post that Henne is on a VERY short leash sunday. I can't find where I read it though...

No citation needed, anybody with a brain figures that. Only thing keeping Henne on the field is the Jags not wanting to Carr their promising young draft pick.

pretty confident no one is stacking the box against the jax saying, hey Toby's the guy we gotta stop! His woes have not been due to facing 8 in the box. His woes are tied to him being a mediocre back playing on a horrible offense. That might change with bortles coming in, not with cecil coming in. Teams aren't magically going to triple team Shorts leaving the rest of the guys more room to operate. The way Jax plays, all any D needs is to throw their base D out there, some blitzes, and go home with a 21 point win...

I know you're right, I'm just trying to find some sort of silver lining with wasting my 4th round pick on Gerhart....

I didn't think their line was such a travesty.

At least Bortles gives the entire offense a little upside.

It was pretty awful last year. I thought it would get a little better, though, with Joeckel returning from injury, along with a few other changes. But so far, it's arguably been worse. Football Outsiders has them dead last in both run blocking and pass protection:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

I don't know, I'm thinking I may cut Toby. I wanted to hold onto him, but Ben Tate is available to pick up in my league, and I've already got Terrance West on my bench, so if I grab Tate, I've probably got Cleveland's starting RB for the rest of the year, whichever of those two guys it will be from here on out (I'm assuming Crowell never gets more than backup carries, primarily due to his pass protection deficiencies). I had somewhat high expectations for Toby this year, I thought he'd be a mid-to-low RB2, but I'm starting to think that awful Jaguars team will prevent that from happening.

Told everyone I know that he is horrible. Dude at my draft took him in the 3rd round and I just started laughing. People buy into hype way to much instead of thinking for themselves.

Told everyone I know that he is horrible. Dude at my draft took him in the 3rd round and I just started laughing. People buy into hype way to much instead of thinking for themselves.

he was drafted late 3rd-early 4th in most drafts. Dude in your draft wasn't alone.

I need a bigger sample size than two games before I do anything with Toby. I'm not saying he's going to bust out or anything, but he definitely isn't this bad. At least I hope not anyway.

I dropped in 2 of 3 leagues - for K Davis and S Ridley (short bench in each league). In deeper bench I'm stuck with him, but he's "earned" a spot way down there!

In the league with Ridley, I drafted him, but dropped him after that pitiful week 1. I was able to pick him pack up this week.

I need a bigger sample size than two games before I do anything with Toby. I'm not saying he's going to bust out or anything, but he definitely isn't this bad. At least I hope not anyway.

It would almost be impossible for him to be worse.

I admire your optimism :cheers:

I play in one league with less-than-savvy owners. They just don't pay much attention and draft heavily on names and team-loyalty.

And every year, I know the not-so-sexy RBs will fall. in years past, guys like:

2013, Trent Richardson, David Wilson, Lamar Miller

2012. Ryan Matthews, Shonn Green, Cedric Benson

2011, Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Jahvid Best

the in-the-know fantasy community is full of hope and optimism over these players - increased opportunity... or fast/exciting new, young guy... kinda like Toby this year - and more often than not, they don't pan out. Sure, there's an occasional gem, but the odds are not great.

Yes, I have Toby on my roster in that team... I held my nose and took him in about the 4th or 5th round... I'll hold onto him. But maybe the not-so-smart fantasy players are better off for not over-analyzing.

I am stuck between him and McKinnon.........gotta roll with Toby at least one more week I think, pray for me

I bid 14 on him in my auction league and was surprised when the bid took him. I still am with all the hype surrounding him leading up to the season. I wasn't nearly as high on him just as I am not as low on him as most now. If he was completely healthy I guess I would be less optimistic and just drop the guy because he really doesn't have much trade value. However I am almost certain he will hit flex value soon and might even reach RB2 territory depending on matchups at some point in the season. I am interested to see how he produces when he gets healthy. I would have preferred Jax to sit him out for a couple of weeks to get right but one of the reasons I believe he still has value is the fact that the Jags don't have anyone to plug in for him. I full expect him to get over 60 yards and a TD this week. We will see.

I play in one league with less-than-savvy owners. They just don't pay much attention and draft heavily on names and team-loyalty.

And every year, I know the not-so-sexy RBs will fall. in years past, guys like:

2013, Trent Richardson, David Wilson, Lamar Miller

2012. Ryan Matthews, Shonn Green, Cedric Benson

2011, Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Jahvid Best

the in-the-know fantasy community is full of hope and optimism over these players - increased opportunity... or fast/exciting new, young guy... kinda like Toby this year - and more often than not, they don't pan out. Sure, there's an occasional gem, but the odds are not great.

Yes, I have Toby on my roster in that team... I held my nose and took him in about the 4th or 5th round... I'll hold onto him. But maybe the not-so-smart fantasy players are better off for not over-analyzing.

Well put. New comers in our league have done pretty damn well not dwelling on every bit of data like some of us do.

Well put. New comers in our league have done pretty damn well not dwelling on every bit of data like some of us do.

might be working out this year. guy in my league who brought nothing but a magazine is 2-0 and amongst the lead leaders in scoring so go figure.

might be working out this year. guy in my league who brought nothing but a magazine is 2-0 and amongst the lead leaders in scoring so go figure.

I just lost to the same guy in my league and he has AP!

The Jags announced on Twitter Wednesday morning that rookie Luke Bowanko will start at center and Sam Young will start at right tackle this week against the Indianapolis Colts.

Somewhat oddly, the team felt obligated to point out it won't be swapping out starting quarterback Chad Henne.

Hope?

This was the EASY part of the schedule. He's done. He never should've been drafted in any league.

Bortles would end up destroyed behind that o line. Why ruin your future behind that crappy o line?

I cut bait today and traded him before his value, if any, sunk any lower. I traded Gerhart/F.Jax for Olsen/Mathews.

if anyone cares about the details:

I picked up d.brown in waivers last night so I am locking up the chargers run game long term which has to be more valuable than Jacksonville's. plus I upgraded at TE...I had witten but i'm worried about him and his situation I couldn't take any more 2 point weeks. The owner I traded with had gates so olsen was expendable and they also had AP so they lost 2 rbs this week and needed a couple. Fairly even trade IMO for both our struggling teams. fwiw, I was high on olsen coming into the season I think he'll be top 5....just for some dumb reason I took witten ahead of him in my draft.