Sign in to follow this  
DuckStupid

Anybody want to talk fishing?

I'm thinking after the 2 inches of snow we got today, it's done. The boat is basically ready to go. I'll start her up in the driveway tomorrow evening. The weather man callls for warmer temps starting Friday. One of my buddies offered free tix to the twins game Friday night, but I'm thinking it's time to get the rods back in the water if you know what I mean. We can't fish for real fish yet in MN, not until the 2nd weekend of May, but I'm thinking I'd like to get on a limit of panfish for the frying pan. What says you?

I'm thinking after the 2 inches of snow we got today, it's done. The boat is basically ready to go. I'll start her up in the driveway tomorrow evening. The weather man callls for warmer temps starting Friday. One of my buddies offered free tix to the twins game Friday night, but I'm thinking it's time to get the rods back in the water if you know what I mean. We can't fish for real fish yet in MN, not until the 2nd weekend of May, but I'm thinking I'd like to get on a limit of panfish for the frying pan. What says you?

Babe Winkleman. He'll show you where to go.

I loves me some pan fish. I was fishing for bass in the ponds in our neighborhood with minnow baits and big bluegill kept hitting them. I put on a smaller minnow bait and naturally a big bass murders the thing and I lose him because the hooks are too small.

When the Bluegill get on the beds, I can catch 50 of them in 30 minutes with my fly rod. I throw them back. Just fun to catch. :mad:

I used to live in little Morristown Minnesota, 8 miles from Faribault. Damn I miss the fishing in the Cannon River, below the Dam. "Best Little Town by a Dam Site" Next time you batter and fry some fish, use Sprite or 7up :blink:

My fishing bud called yesterday talkin some jive about "stumbling" into some catch n release pre spawn bass. I'm always a little hesitant to fish them early because you traumatize those little fockers. However, my biggest fish have come after the initial winter thaw which is now.

Guest Black Label Society

I used to live in little Morristown Minnesota, 8 miles from Faribault. Damn I miss the fishing in the Cannon River, below the Dam. "Best Little Town by a Dam Site" Next time you batter and fry some fish, use Sprite or 7up :cheers:

I've been drunk in Morristown more than a couple of times. :dunno:

end of may 1st of june im going to (oh) canada just norht of the dakotas on a fishing trip with my uncle :banana:

Eagerly awaiting the weekends where I get to stand in river for several hours and pull some nice trout out....and then the painful walk back to the car as my knees are sore as a mother focker.

Rockfish season starts April 21st, already have a trip scheduled... :dunno:

If you want to go fishing just head north. They are still taking 4-wheelers and snowmobiles out on Upper Red Lake and the crappies are still biting!!!!! Now for you that dont know URL the crappies are not your normal 10" crappies. The small ones are 12+ and most are in the 14 to 15.5" range. Powder them in fry'n magic and fry them in butter. Yummmmmmmy.

PS drink beer with the above :dunno:

If you want to go fishing just head north. They are still taking 4-wheelers and snowmobiles out on Upper Red Lake and the crappies are still biting!!!!! Now for you that dont know URL the crappies are not your normal 10" crappies. The small ones are 12+ and most are in the 14 to 15.5" range. Powder them in fry'n magic and fry them in butter. Yummmmmmmy.

PS drink beer with the above :dunno:

Been there done that, but I'm not looking for a roadtrip. I'm thinking I'll head over to Tonka. They won't be as big on average, but there are slabs in there.

Been there done that, but I'm not looking for a roadtrip. I'm thinking I'll head over to Tonka. They won't be as big on average, but there are slabs in there.

Cool, I'm waiting for opener back on URL. Hopefully the ice is out by then :wall: Last report was over two and a half feet :shocking: and its the middle of april!

Good luck and here's to landing one for the wall :cheers:

I've been drunk in Morristown more than a couple of times. :dunno:

At the VFW, or Dam Days, or both?

It was pretty neat. When we lived there, our daughter was born, and they added three people to the population sign for us.

end of may 1st of june im going to (oh) canada just norht of the dakotas on a fishing trip with my uncle :dunno:

Aug. 4th-9th http://www.eaglelakeislandlodge.com/

Gonna be a major Fishing Show feature shot here in Late June according to the What's new link. http://www.eaglelakeislandlodge.com/whats_new.html

It was pretty neat. When we lived there, our daughter was born, and they added three people to the population sign for us.

Gonna be a Fishing show feature shot here in Late June according to the What's new link.

Nice place :banana:

My self I'm sticking to fishing here in MN. Too many regulations in Canada like two fish limits and no beer in the boat. Mostly the no beer in the boat :banana:

I'm in Central Florida and I've got a bass tournament on Sunday (in Lake Gentry), so I'll be out there practicing on Saturday too. The weather has been pretty hot all week, but it's supposed to rain on Sunday and winds are going to pick up to around 25 mph.

So during the practice day, me and my fishing partner will be looking for wind free areas holding fish. We mostly throw carolina rigged Senkos, curly tails, trick worms, etc... at whatever cover we can find. I've never fished this particular lake, so I don't know what to expect.

My club has 25 boats and this is the 4th tournament of the year. So far me and my fishing partner have finished: 1st, 4th and 9th. Always in the top ten!!! Hope to keep the streak alive.

I'm in Central Florida and I've got a bass tournament on Sunday (in Lake Gentry), so I'll be out there practicing on Saturday too. The weather has been pretty hot all week, but it's supposed to rain on Sunday and winds are going to pick up to around 25 mph.

So during the practice day, me and my fishing partner will be looking for wind free areas holding fish. We mostly throw carolina rigged Senkos, curly tails, trick worms, etc... at whatever cover we can find. I've never fished this particular lake, so I don't know what to expect.

My club has 25 boats and this is the 4th tournament of the year. So far me and my fishing partner have finished: 1st, 4th and 9th. Always in the top ten!!! Hope to keep the streak alive.

Goodluck! New personal favorite http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...p;currentPage=0

Quarter stick of dynamite is the only good way to fish in fresh water. :ninja:

I've never had much luck with crawfish type plastics. Although my fishing partner used to throw them C-rigged and loved them. I think he primarily used them in post spawn times, when the bass were trying to fatten up and are looking for relatively large sized baits.

Also, I think he'd jerry-rig them with alca seltzer tablets to make them bubble.

I've never had much luck with crawfish type plastics. Although my fishing partner used to throw them C-rigged and loved them. I think he primarily used them in post spawn times, when the bass were trying to fatten up and are looking for relatively large sized baits.

Also, I think he'd jerry-rig them with alca seltzer tablets to make them bubble.

These bubble too from scent compartments.

Gonna be a major Fishing Show feature shot here in Late June according to the What's new link. http://www.eaglelakeislandlodge.com/whats_new.html

Dam Days :dunno:

Plus some other softball tourneys in FBO and we'd go out there because he sponsored our team.

I have no idea what bar it was...I was blasted by the time we got there anyway. :cheers:

i never catch fish... especially if i'm using lures... even "good" ones my friend (who catches lots of fish) uses...

basically i just get a bucket full of minnows (sp?) and a case of keystone and get lit up... occasionally a bullhead or god willing a walleye will come my way and i'll reel em in.

hey... at least bullheads are fun to catch right???

i never catch fish... especially if i'm using lures... even "good" ones my friend (who catches lots of fish) uses...

basically i just get a bucket full of minnows (sp?) and a case of keystone and get lit up... occasionally a bullhead or god willing a walleye will come my way and i'll reel em in.

hey... at least bullheads are fun to catch right???

Uh...no. ;) Unless you enjoy digging the hook out of his asshole while he's growls at ya the whole time and ends up pissing on your leg.

Fishing has been awesome around Detroit. Limits of nice eyes on the river, along with some monster perch. The weather has been horrible, high winds and low temps. The perch have shut down a bit, we only got like 25 a couple days ago, all of them were over 10" though, these are some slobs we are catching. Once the temperature starts to warm, the fishing will get even better. It's nice to be able to launch at a launch just a couple miles away for an evening and bring home a 2 man limit of nice eyes, enough meat for 4 or 5 really good meals.

Fishing has been awesome around Detroit. Limits of nice eyes on the river, along with some monster perch. The weather has been horrible, high winds and low temps. The perch have shut down a bit, we only got like 25 a couple days ago, all of them were over 10" though, these are some slobs we are catching. Once the temperature starts to warm, the fishing will get even better. It's nice to be able to launch at a launch just a couple miles away for an evening and bring home a 2 man limit of nice eyes, enough meat for 4 or 5 really good meals.

I didn't know it was safe enough to fish in Detroit?? :doublethumbsup:

I don't fish until the Chinook Salmon are ready to go!!!!!

What month is that? I've never fished for Salmon, but I've seen those pictures of 'em swimming up-stream by the thousands. Looks like easy fishing. I'd like to throw a topwater lure out there.

But unlike everyone else catching Salmon, I'll throw mine back. Fish meat should be white - not orange! And any fish living in a lake or creek is nasty. Gimme Mahi Mahi... clean fish living in the ocean blue!

:doublethumbsup:

Anyone ever fish for Artic Grayling?

Why no! I've never caught Artic Grayling!

Waiting for punchline... :dunno:

Why no! I've never caught Artic Grayling!

Waiting for punchline... :dunno:

Sorry..........no punchline.............I saw a show on them and it looked like a blast. I will go away now :wall:

I didn't know it was safe enough to fish in Detroit?? :wall:

What , you think the gang bangers sit at the banks with sniper rifles picking off unsuspecting fisherman???

We usually fish the lower end of the river, a lot of deserted islands and marshland. ALOT of people fish right off the Ambassador bridge and off the Ren Cen and kill the walleye, it's crazy being right in the city like that and having a world class fishery litterally right there, also tremendous bass and musky fishing, sometimes even steelhead.

Yeah, most people don't know, besides fisherman that fish around here, that Detroit is, IMO without question, the best urban freshwater fishery in the world, maybe the best freshwater fishing period. I have never heard of a fishery( referring to St.Clair/Det river/Lk Erie) where you can, in a couple mile radius, get your limit of nice eyes, get your limit of jumbo perch, then maybe go for some big pike or bass(large or smallmouth), or even musky, in St.Clair, it's not uncommon to catch 12-16 muskies in a day, most musky fisherman would be lucky to get that in an entire year. Now the steelhead and salmon, even lake trout, are returning to the area.

Don't you guys have northern pike way up there? Why would you want to catch panzie arse pan fish (other wise known as brim) when you have huge big boys in the water? Walleye would be great fun also. Pan fish are only good for eating I suppose. Are you going for the sport of fishing or for food would be the better question.