Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

How many times do I have to watch Napolean Dynamite

Before it gets really funny?

The first time gets a big, fat -meh- from me, but everyone says it's much better after multiple viewings

3 - 4 per my friend who thinks it's the best movie ever.

I watched it once, and can't see myself watching it again, let alone 3 - 4 more times. I give it the big :mad: MEH :mad: as well.

3 - 4 per my friend who thinks it's the best movie ever.

I watched it once, and can't see myself watching it again, let alone 3 - 4 more times. I give it the big :mad: MEH :mad: as well.

I watched about half of it before I got tired of it and changed the channel. :mad:

EM you're just jealous, because I've been talking with hot chicks on the internet, all day.

If you don't find funny, it must just hit a little too close to home.

also, after all the hype, it easy to see how it could be disappointing. I think you had to get out early and see it before you heard your ten year old nephew repeat all the jokes a million times.

after all the hype, it easy to see how it could be disappointing.

I think that's a major factor. Everyone telling me how hysterical it is for months - nothing could live up to that hype.

You must watch it only once more my friend.

(under the influence though) :rolleyes:

I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw it - mildly entertaining at best. But a few weeks later I happened to flip past it on HBO and watched parts of it again. I thought it was a lot funnier the second time.

:rolleyes:

I think it has a cult following of people that have watched it multiple times and now they get it. I watched the first time and thought it was blah. But then I watched it a second time and it was ha!ha! :rolleyes:

Never watched it and never will.

hth

WOW, you must be WAY cooler than the rest of us that HAVE seen it ;)

;) Seed planted in my haid. :blink:

Ugh. I guess I am going to watch it again this weekend.

Before it gets really funny?

The first time gets a big, fat -meh- from me, but everyone says it's much better after multiple viewings

Just once.

I watched it once and also though "That's it?" Was really disappointed. Then a few weeks later I found myself quoting it, or going "Idiots!" when somebody at work did something really dumb, and gradually realized Napoleon Dynamite burned itself into my brain. ;)

I never want to see it again. I'm enjoying it more in hindsight. HTH!

"Look at me. Look at how I dress. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the head while I'm wearing these pants?"

:first:

:wacko: :lol:

i laugh at this crap.. what an awful movie..

i hate that everyone says you have to watch it twice or 3 times for it to be funny..

Why the hell do yo have to watch a movie 2 or 3 times for it to be funny.. If it was crappy the 1st time why waste another 2 hours watching it again.

this movie is the suck

I liked it the first time.

It's heavy on sublime absurdity. I dig that.

"Look at me. Look at how I dress. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the head while I'm wearing these pants?"

:doublethumbsup:

You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

I spent like three hours doing shading the upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.

Deb: I'm trying to earn money for college.

Kip: [from the background] Your mom goes to college.

Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.

i laugh at this crap.. what an awful movie..

i hate that everyone says you have to watch it twice or 3 times for it to be funny..

Why the hell do yo have to watch a movie 2 or 3 times for it to be funny.. If it was crappy the 1st time why waste another 2 hours watching it again.

this movie is the suck

Agreed, this is the biggest, overhyped POS ever made.

Agreed, this is the biggest, overhyped POS ever made.

They're pretty good, except for one little problem. That little guy right there. He is nipple number five. A good dairy cow should have, like, four.

incredible movie

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills"

I got a kick when Uncle Rico whipes the steak and knocks the kid off the bike. Other than that the movie was largely forgettable.

yea, the movie is ok...like a 5 outta 10.

But with all that hype, it sucked any coolness from the movie

Just finished watching it for a second time.

The subtle humor is very good. Good movie. Not great, but pretty good.

I've watched it once and I thought it was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen! What a waste of my time!