Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

FFToday Board on Draft Day

For the past three years, we've pinned two dozen threads on Draft Weekend, giving fans of each team a chance to voice their opinions on their particular team and on the draft itself. Most of the threads were like this "Official Draft Weekend Thread: Green Bay Packers" or there were also general threads like "Official Round One, picks 1-10 thread".

I know many of you have participated in the Draft Day discussion before....do you like the way it's been organized on the Board these last few years or do you have suggestions for something different. Let me know....I'm open to whatever would make the Board the most fun for people on those two days.......

I prefer the Official Round 1 pick 1-10 way, but anyway you want to run it is cool with me.

It wasn't one way or the other......we had both types of threads.

It wasn't one way or the other......we had both types of threads.

I guess I posted mostly in the style I mentioned most. Either way, its always good stuff. :blink:

I never knew this happened on these boards. I'll be logged on from my laptop while the draft is going on. Sounds pretty cool.

I would imagine (or hope) some of the top picks (1-15) may deserve their own thread?

Otherwise something like, picks like 15-25, etc could be rolled into one.

How about a heavy mod presence and you guys start booting peeps that screw it up for everyone else.

How about you just fold it up before it even gets started and save everyone a lot of grief? That's my idea!

:first:

How about a heavy mod presence and you guys start booting peeps that screw it up for everyone else.

I do try to check in quite a bit on Draft Weekend. I also set up the Pinned Threads...usually on Friday night.

I can't promise anything, but I will try to be around to help out.

How about you just fold it up before it even gets started and save everyone a lot of grief? That's my idea!

Excellent idea! You are very wise.........

This is the one thing that pisses me off the most. Draft day, kickoff weekend, any other periods of high traffic and this site tends to crawl.

Definitely keep the individual team threads.

I know I will be complaining up a storm at Seattle's picks. :first:

FWIW, I think the entire 1st round is deserving of its own topic.

Additionally, each team should have its own topic for team fans (and hecklers) to discuss/debate the nuances of each pick for the whole draft.

All should be pinned.

This is the one thing that pisses me off the most. Draft day, kickoff weekend, any other periods of high traffic and this site tends to crawl.

Perhaps it's time to upgrade from that TRS-80 and 14.4 modem? :lol:

I do try to check in quite a bit on Draft Weekend. I also set up the Pinned Threads...usually on Friday night.

I can't promise anything, but I will try to be around to help out.

If you can't be here the entire day than what the hell are we paying you for?

Oh wait a sec.... :thumbsup:

We are taking steps to rectify this. Whether these things will be in place for draft weekend remains to be seen, but hopefully we notice major improvements come July, August, September, etc.

If you can't be here the entire day than what the hell are we paying you for?

Oh wait a sec.... :banana:

:P

Round #1 through #8ish

Then definitely each team has its own thread to discuss draft picks.

That sure would take up all the space though.

Each team having it's one thread should continue.

And I would break the round/picks down by 10s (i.e. Rnd1:1-10, Rnd1,11-20, Rnd1, 21-32, ...)

Also, I think we had this last year, but if not, how about a separate "Trade" thread, to help keep track, rather than mixed in with the Round threads.

Just my 2¢

TIA Fumble

Definitely keep the individual team threads.

I know I will be complaining up a storm at Detroit's picks. :mad:

Fixed & :thumbsup:

FWIW, I think the entire 1st round is deserving of its own topic.

Additionally, each team should have its own topic for team fans (and hecklers) to discuss/debate the nuances of each pick for the whole draft.

All should be pinned.

Perhaps it's time to upgrade from that TRS-80 and 14.4 modem? :blink:

:thumbsup:

I Love this Board as much as anyone....

but i wont be here on draft weekend as usual...

Draft = Party with local Football fanatics...it'll be like a tipical Sunday for me but with a lot more :argue:

The official team threads, plus the additional threads for round 1, round 2, etc were great. :argue:

ETA: Here's to adding 500 to my post count again this draft weekend. :cheers:

ETA: Here's to adding 500 to my post count again this draft weekend. :cheers:

I think I added 400+ plus during that time as well. :argue:

I think I added 400+ plus during that time as well. :argue:

Hey Mike(s), in the least, make sure you have Eagles & Bears topics pinned...with two teams to keep track of, Phillybear is going to be awfully busy on draft day.

:cheers:

Hey Mike(s), in the least, make sure you have Eagles & Bears topics pinned...with two teams to keep track of, Phillybear is going to be awfully busy on draft day.

:banana:

I have also just decided that I feel compelled to invade the San Francisco thread.

I agree with CA7, Jscott, others that we should break up round 1 a bit...whether 1-16, 17-32 or 1-10, 11-20, etc.

Would save us alot of scrolling and we can all really focus on the picks we're interested in.

I agree with CA7, Jscott, others that we should break up round 1 a bit...whether 1-16, 17-32 or 1-10, 11-20, etc.

Would save us alot of scrolling and we can all really focus on the picks we're interested in.

Hey Tony! Great to see you around......... :huh:

Just make sure to give that guy Bush another thread.

Why? Texans fans can slobber all they want on their thread. Don't intend to be mean or anything, just saying...

One for each team and one for each round is plenty. :huh:

Why? Texans fans can slobber all they want on their thread. Don't intend to be mean or anything, just saying...

One for each team and one for each round is plenty. :huh:

being sarcastic i was

I would like to have one thread where we could present links to the team threads, to notify all of the total breakdown someone is having over their teams picks, ala the phillybear Seahawk thread. Kind of a "greatest rant thread". Then we can buzz over there and check it out!!! :shocking:

I mod another Invision site where we tend to have somewhere between 50 and 100 members logged on at any one time, although the traffic is significantly more at the business end of the transfer window.

We almost collapsed over Christmas with something like 300 members. I have no idea how this board manages 2000 members logged on at the same time, and I am just stunned by what the admin here manages to do.

Homer only threads

Division Threads (this where the rivals may sound off)

Draft Round threads (for the avid fan)

First round into 3 threads top 10, next 10 and last 12.

Second Round

Rest of the Draft rounds

Is this too many?

Question is, should this be here or in a a draft day forum?

its been noted that there are definately more fans for certain teams yet little for others

would it be possible to just say allow members to sound off an official thread at some point that could get pinned so there are no extraneous threads that nobody posts in?

from my experience last year, there will be way too many double and triple posts to begin with and it will be a mass of confusion so team threads with each round getting their own thread will be enough

Just make sure to give that guy Bush another thread.

The President? torridjoe will have a fit.

J

i say we pillage all the women, and rape the town :bandana:

but seriously the old format worked great imo

The recruitment must start right away. You need 32 hot looking naked chicks doing provactive things in a webcam broadcast. Each time a pick is made the next chick gets her air time.

<_< No sticking us with Arizona again :thumbsdown:

I will combine some teams, but not Seattle. The fan base proved that year that they were strong enough to warrant their own thread. :first: