Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Most powerful voice in Rock & Roll.......

Rob Halford

Halford was one of the reasons for the thread. Watched Priest on a Recent Comcast Free On Demand Concert thing...looked like in Japan. Did not have the set of pipes he used to have, IMO. Still was pretty cool...esp. "Judas Rising" :doublethumbsup:

Most powerful voice in Rock & Roll.......Right now.

If noone has mentioned Bo Bice or Constantine Maroulis or Chris Daughtry then this thread has no credibility, until now.

1 word

3 letters

DIO

:wall:

Lot of great rock and metal voices, but gotta agree here for POWER. Dio could bring it like no other.

Sebastian Bach :banana:

"I remember you"-he flat out wails that one! :huh:

Lot of great rock and metal voices, but gotta agree here for POWER. Dio could bring it like no other.

Legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (DIO, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH) has confirmed to Greg Prato of Billboard.com that he is collaborating once more with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi. "There's a box set that's going to be released, called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years'," he said. "The proposal was to write a couple of songs to be included. I have gotten together with Tony — we worked together for about a week in England. It went very well."

Another rumor that comes up often in metal circles is a beckoning RAINBOW reunion. "The beauty of that is that people still care after all these years," Dio said. "That's cool, but I've tried to say 'No' as many times as I possibly could. If there is a RAINBOW reunion it will not include me."

DIO will begin work on a new studio album this summer. "I'd like to make it a quicker album — our last album was more medium tempo," Dio told Billboard.com. "I always hear everybody gripe and moan about that, so I think we'll go for some fast ones this time. That's the plan, but knowing me, I'll probably end up in the doldrums, and you'll have a lot of slow things on it." The yet-to-be-titled set should arrive in early 2007.

Sebastian Bach :banana:

:huh:

that was my first thought too. Sebastian Bach is the man.

second would probably be Rob Halford

Have any of you tone deaf focktards ever heard Tool?

Nobody comes close to Maynard.

Exactly!!!!

1) Kip Winger

2) Michael Bolton (he was originally in a rock band so STFU)

3) Steve Perry

:thumbsup:

Geoff Tate has some pipes too, as well as Bruce Dickenson, but I still vote Coverdale over those two for power.

Bruce Dickinson

Number 3 for Brucey boy,who helped Iron Maiden as they became one of the all time greats. :wub:

LaBrie, Cornell, and Maynard are all great mentions. My vote goes to Mike Patton, though. That guy has about 10 different powerful voices!

Honorable mention goes to Amy Lee for the sexiest voice ever. Eventhough her band is weak, she has an amazing voice.

Matt Bellamy of Muse

Check out the song "Showbiz" off the album of the same name ..one of their oldies (1998 or so)

ever? it's mick. no doubt. go back and listen to sympathy for the devil or gimme shelter.

Matt Bellamy of Muse

Check out the song "Showbiz" off the album of the same name ..one of their oldies (1998 or so)

It is weird how much that band sounds like Radiohead from "The Bends" era. That is definitely a good thing.

Anyway, I vote for Tom Waits & Carey Mercer.

Sebastian Bach :huh:

my vote...

My vote goes to Mike Patton, though. That guy has about 10 different powerful voices!

It was a sad day when Faith No More broke up. :lol:

Serious Meat Loaf wins this one. Anybody that thinks otherwise must have never listen to him. He was offered millons to sing opera and turned it down. Opera singers are rare and have the most powerful voices.

Serious Meat Loaf wins this one. Anybody that thinks otherwise must have never listen to him. He was offered millons to sing opera and turned it down. Opera singers are rare and have the most powerful voices.

Geoff Tate was trained in opera as well. He's much better than Meathead.

I wish he had turned down all forms of music. :doublethumbsup:

I wish he had turned down all forms of music. :thumbsup:

The song "Bat Out Of Hell" is a great tune. :doublethumbsup:

The song "Bat Out Of Hell" is a great tune. :doublethumbsup:

You pimping him isn't helping. :thumbsup:

It is weird how much that band sounds like Radiohead from "The Bends" era. That is definitely a good thing.

Anyway, I vote for Tom Waits & Carey Mercer.

I agree with Muse's first album Showbiz. But with their 2 more recent albums (Origin of Symmetry, Absolution) I think they have gotten away from the Radiohead comparisons.

That said, Muse and Radiohead are 2 of my favorites ever

what about the dude from Shinedown? He seems to have some serious pipes, especially on "Simple Man".

Devour :wall:

Pat Monahan.

I've heard them do a cover version of Zeppelin's Ramble On. Unbelievable.

I saw them do Going to California on a Music HD special concert. I went from being a fan of theirs and liking their songs to being blown away by his talent. I can't find that actual performance, but here is them doing it in concert filmed by a fan. Very impressive IMO.