Sign in to follow this  
peenie

jim mora fired, why is vick blamed?

vick seems to be a great quarterback. he does his job. dunn does his job.

it's a shame that mora has been fired, but why is it vick's fault?

why isn't the problem that the falcons don't have a good WR? or a great defense?

why is vick the coach killer?

and why the heck has mora been fired? shouldn't they just get better players?

Sun 9/10 at Carolina W 20-6

Sun 9/17 Tampa Bay W 14-3

Mon 9/25 at New Orleans L 3-23

Sun 10/1 Arizona W 32-10

bye

Sun 10/15 NY Giants L 14-27

Sun 10/22 Pittsburgh W 41-38

Sun 10/29 at Cincinnati W 29-27

Sun 11/5 at Detroit L 14-30

Sun 11/12 Cleveland L 13-17

Sun 11/19 at Baltimore L 10-24

Sun 11/26 New Orleans L 13-31

Sun 12/3 at Washington W 24-14

Sun 12/10 at Tampa Bay W 17-6

Sat 12/16 Dallas L 28-38

Sun 12/24 Carolina L 3-10

Sun 12/31 at Philadelphia L 17-24

Losses to detroit and cleveland, looks like they didn't beat a single winning team all year.

best rushing team in the league, easily more than san diego

worst passing team in the league, worse than oakland even

most penalized team in the league, worse than detroit, oakland, wash, arizona

Looks like the better passing teams were dominating this year and not running.

some top rushing team rankings: (sandiego 2)

atlanta 1

washington 4

giants 7

chiefs 9

broncos 8

titans 5

49ers 6

steelers 10

jaguars 3

What really killed Mora this year were his comments about the University of Washington, especially coming just a few weeks after his dad's "coach killer" incident. That was a really dumb thing for a coach to say in the middle of a playoff hunt. Vick giving the fans the finger and saying he hoped to get back home before midnight on NYE made it seem like the team had quit. Getting beaten by the Eagles' entire second team probably didn't help much either. I thought Mora was a really good young coach but when you lose control like that you've got to go, one reason why I think Coughlin should get the ax unless the Giants make a run.

who decides if vick should run or pass the ball?

if vick decides to run the ball unsuccessfully when the play says he should pass it, then mora is to be blamed for not controlling vick.

if vick has been told to run the ball then mora is to be blamed for choosing faulty plays.

otherwise, the first two posters are correct with their response.

eta,

i was joking. i know you all only get racist humor when it's not directed at you all.

I don't know why Vick gets so much love. Prolly the most overrated player in the league. Compare his passing stats to other starting QB's and he looks pretty damn average. ATL paid a gazillion dollars to get Denver's O line coach and ATL still is average at best. Great, he rushes for 1,000 yards - so what? He's not a RB, he's a QB. If those rushes translated to W's it'd be one thing, but year in and year out, ATL never gets past 'average'.

Because Michael Vick is a tool. Also, Vick, aka Ron Mexico, is a walking STD petrie dish.

I really think the Falcons would be playoff contenders with Shaub at QB and Vick as a scat back, slot receiver, type player. I don't think any team could ever win the Superbowl with a runner as gifted as Vick at QB. His natural instinct is to run, no matter how long he sits in the pocket. He's not looking for receivers as much as he is waiting for no one to be open downfield so he can run. Schaub is wasting away on their bench, a great talent.

From the Boston Globe before Sunday's games:

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2006...wn_play/?page=3

Which brings us to Mora, who came in with a bang, going 11-5 in his first season in Atlanta. But the Falcons were a disappointing 8-8 a year ago and can do no better than that this year. Owner Arthur Blank is on record saying that's not good enough, and quarterback Michael Vick threw Mora under the bus a week ago and is still seething over his father's comment that Vick is "a coach killer."

For Mora to survive, Blank has to change his mind. Owners do that, but not when they'll lose face if they do. Also, Blank is in love with Vick and in like with Mora. Translation? Coach killer.

I am so looking forward to a few years down the road when Vick's legs start to go and he HAS to pass the ball. it's gonna be greata :banana:

i dont know, but I sure hope the new coach trades Vick's ass to Oakland :banana:

Damn, you beat me to it :banana:

:blink:

I guess I had no chance being my response went in reply 2 and 3 :doh:

I guess I had no chance being my response went in reply 2 and 3 :P

and don't forget #9 :doublethumbsup:

vick seems to be a great quarterback.

I'm sorry. I stopped reading after this sentence. It's clear you don't watch much football.

Be interesting to see which coach is willing to put his career on the chopping block next.

vick seems to be a great quarterback. he does his job. dunn does his job.

it's a shame that mora has been fired, but why is it vick's fault?

why isn't the problem that the falcons don't have a good WR? or a great defense?

why is vick the coach killer?

and why the heck has mora been fired? shouldn't they just get better players?

Is this a joke? :banana:

Really? I sit here and ask when they are finally going to realize to blame Vick. The guy just isnt all that good.

Blame the WR's, blame the coach.............. they will figure out where the problem is eventually.

Whoever takes the Atlanta job is going to have the same misfortune as Mora had.

The owner loves Vick. The NFL loves Vick. Vick is one of the league's top paid players.

All of the above mean one thing....you are FORCED to have Vick as your quarterback. Everyone who's paid attention knows that Atlanta would be a better team with Schaub at quarterback and Vick in a "slash" role, but that is not an option.

So, basically, the coach's hands are tied and he's expected to win without being able to put his best team on the field.

It's clear you don't watch much football.

you're correct. if i did, wouldn't need you losers to answer my question. instead, i'd be debating the guys on the main forearm. punk. :banana:

Atlanta overpaid for Vick. Two head coaches are gone because they tried to adapt what they do to fit Vick, not make Vick fit their system. Vick is the problem, not the solution. There has never been a more coddled, ass-kissed QB to play in the NFL. It's a shame that Vick claims that this season wasn't his fault and that he couldn't have done more.

That would make him a cop killer :banana:

how is any of this joking about his color even remotely funny. it really only continues to show that some of you constantly think of race, at every moment on matter how irrelevant. you all are quite sad and lack hilarity.

(and to think, i used to like you....)

how is any of this joking about his color even remotely funny. it really only continues to show that some of you constantly think of race, at every moment on matter how irrelevant. you all are quite sad and lack hilarity.

I guess I find humor in how people go overboard in placing importance on color. I make fun of my "whiteness" as well. I would rather it be something that is a joke and not important as opposed to it being totally offensive all of the time.

Bear in mind that I was responding to the 2nd reply to your message, so I think that you might want to take a step back and not be offended all of the time. I gave you a serious answer as well, but you did not apparently like that one either. :banana:

I guess I find humor in how people go overboard in placing importance on color. I make fun of my "whiteness" as well. I would rather it be something that is a joke and not important as opposed to it being totally offensive all of the time.

Bear in mind that I was responding to the 2nd reply to your message, so I think that you might want to take a step back and not be offended all of the time. I gave you a serious answer as well, but you did not apparently like that one either. ;)

Racist :P

Come on over to the dark side...we were wondering when you would show up again anyway. :P

i just wish teams would stop bending over for san diego every year in the draft :P