Sign in to follow this  
Mack 1

Homer Mock Draft - ** DISCUSSION THREAD **

2 picks! Please slow down I'm getting a little dizzy. :P :lol:

It must be that jesus weed creating the dizzy feeling :dunno:

Mack is on the clock with the Texans...

I wonder where the Texans go with their pick...Laron Landry, Leon Hall, and Levi Brown would all make some sense. However, I think they'd have to go with Brady Quinn if he fell this far. The Texans have openly shopped David Carr and lost out on getting Jake Plummer. Say what you will about Quinn's failure to win the big collegiate game, but he's got the measureables of a good NFL QB and would be a great value pick at #8...

But, I could be wrong... :dunno:

Well, I was hoping for Anderson to slip to the 9th spot, but oh well. I still like my options. Waiting to pick now. This thing is moving wayyyyyyyyyyy too slow.

Well, I was hoping for Anderson to slip to the 9th spot, but oh well. I still like my options. Waiting to pick now. This thing is moving wayyyyyyyyyyy too slow.

Truer words have never been spoken... :banana:

i am quite the houston homer, and let me tell you if either of the top 2 QB's make it to us, they will be picked by the Texans. fans are in open revolt and consider D.Carr akin to hitler. he takes way waaaay too much blame, but the fans are screaming for a new QB with their every breath. Quinn would go to Houston if he was here in RL, whether or not he was the best fit for the team.

V4E-

Do you think the Vikings would take A.Peterson if he slips to them? I see a lot of mocks letting Peterson get all the way to the Texans. However, this seems lazy and more about the Texans wanting him badly. I would think the Vikings would love to get him regardless of C.Taylor. Peterson had a super combine, and seems fully healthy, would the purple squad pick him? I think so, but would like a homer view.

V4E-

Do you think the Vikings would take A.Peterson if he slips to them? I see a lot of mocks letting Peterson get all the way to the Texans. However, this seems lazy and more about the Texans wanting him badly. I would think the Vikings would love to get him regardless of C.Taylor. Peterson had a super combine, and seems fully healthy, would the purple squad pick him? I think so, but would like a homer view.

I honestly don't know. Outside of the left side of the O-line, RB is the most set position on the Vikings offense (not that that's saying much). If Calvin Johnson and the top 2 DEs are gone, it's possible, but I think the Vikes would trade down to stockpile more picks.

That being said, if the situation were different, I'd love to see Peterson in purple. But there are just too many other needs to spend the pick on him.

V4E-

Not that I hate the pick of Jamaal Anderson as we deffenitly need some pass rush but how much consideration did you give to Brady Quinn?

I'm not totaly sold on Mr. Jackson as an NFL QB. I say convert Jackson to a WR and pick up Quinn. That way we solve two problems. This is probalby why I do not work for an NFL team :lol:

SKOL Brother!! :cheers:

V4E-

Not that I hate the pick of Jamaal Anderson as we deffenitly need some pass rush but how much consideration did you give to Brady Quinn?

I'm not totaly sold on Mr. Jackson as an NFL QB. I say convert Jackson to a WR and pick up Quinn. That way we solve two problems. This is probalby why I do not work for an NFL team :lol:

SKOL Brother!! :dunno:

i thought the viking pick might be--and should be--quinn there. de seems to still be a need for the vikings, but they've invested premium picks in recent years on that spot (udeze and someone else i can't remember at the moment). plus their qb position is lots more scarier than the lions. they have jackson and... :lol:

i have strong feeling that if the draft plays out this way on draft day, childress would go quinn. but it's probably moot as i think teams would trade up before quinn falls that far.

i thought the viking pick might be--and should be--quinn there. de seems to still be a need for the vikings, but they've invested premium picks in recent years on that spot (udeze and someone else i can't remember at the moment). plus their qb position is lots more scarier than the lions. they have jackson and... :dunno:

i have strong feeling that if the draft plays out this way on draft day, childress would go quinn. but it's probably moot as i think teams would trade up before quinn falls that far.

I agree that the would take Quinn there as well. They already spent picks on Udeze and Erasmus James I believe is the other one, and on top of that cut Brad Johnson. I still think they are in the running for a veteran QB, even with Jackson there. But Quinn would be the logical choice there.

The Texans addressed the defense in last year's draft with their first two picks, but it's high time they address the glaring needs on the O-line. They have lacked a dominant O-linemen since the team's inception, even though they attempted to rectify the situation with signing Boselli, which we all know how that worked.

I was tempted to take the Okoye kid to team with Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans to begin building a good defensive foundation, but they can't ignore the O-line anymore. Brown is by far the best prospect at that position on the board, and he's a no-brainer considering the Texans' obvious need up front.

Hey Erb, are you leaning towards Landry at 9 if Quinn is gone?

:doublethumbsup:

That would've been my pick had Quinn been gone. IF Quinn slips this far, Cam Cameron would bust a nut running the draft card up to the stage IMO.

I think Landry is a stud but I can't pass on Quinn in that spot. I had 3 guys in mind, but as said before, couldn't let Quinn pass.

That would've been my pick had Quinn been gone. IF Quinn slips this far, Cam Cameron would bust a nut running the draft card up to the stage IMO.

I think Landry is a stud but I can't pass on Quinn in that spot. I had 3 guys in mind, but as said before, couldn't let Quinn pass.

I think Quinn is a great pick this late. In fact, I think the Texans PROBABLY should've taken him and addressed OL in the 2nd round.

Quinn would allow the Phins to give Culpepper one more shot this year to prove that he can be an NFL QB. If Culpepper doesn't pan out, then they can cut him next season and give Quinn the reigns.

And yes...if Quinn was available at the Dolphins' pick, Cam Cameron would probably have to let someone else run the card up to the podium because he wouldn't be able to stand-up... :doublethumbsup:

Wow, I'm torn. On one had I'm surprised that Quinn is there but on the other I'm disappointed Landry isn't the guy. Quinn is definitely a need though. I just hope one or the other is there when the Fins are picking.

Mack1, can you elaborate as to why you passed on Quinn? Word is Houston sees QB as a need position as well.

1.10 S LaRon Landry to the Atlanta Falcons:

The Falcons could've gone a few ways with this pick, but ultimately decided on one of the best defensive prospects in years. Landry instantly adds credibility to the Falcons backfield...something they've been missing for awhile. With the depth at DE & S in this year's draft, the Falcons felt it necessary to grab the best Safety prospect & were a little surprised to see him fall to #10. Landry should be able to step in immediately to start opposite S Lawyer Milloy

1.11 - I love the pick and thought he'd go to Miami. With Quinn on the board, i like the MIA pick, but the upside to Okoye is impressive. I think it fills a need, so long as his recent impressive performances/workouts aren't fool's gold.

The Texans addressed the defense in last year's draft with their first two picks, but it's high time they address the glaring needs on the O-line. They have lacked a dominant O-linemen since the team's inception, even though they attempted to rectify the situation with signing Boselli, which we all know how that worked.

I was tempted to take the Okoye kid to team with Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans to begin building a good defensive foundation, but they can't ignore the O-line anymore. Brown is by far the best prospect at that position on the board, and he's a no-brainer considering the Texans' obvious need up front.

again, another team with a horrid qb situation--much worse than detroit's. kubiak goes quinn here and doesn't blink about it.

No comments on Okoye? I thought he was good value, though I'm not sure that he fills the exact need of the Niners...I just thought he was best on the board at 11. :dunno:

It was actually tempting to take Marshawn Lynch there, believe it or not...the Niners will need to take a RB in their 1st 3 picks. My opinion.

No comments on Okoye? I thought he was good value, though I'm not sure that he fills the exact need of the Niners...I just thought he was best on the board at 11. <_<

It was actually tempting to take Marshawn Lynch there, believe it or not...the Niners will need to take a RB in their 1st 3 picks. My opinion.

I wanted Okoye at Buff. and that is why I was telling people to STFU about players still on the board....still Buff. shouldn't go into the season with the A train as their #1 back, although there were positions on the other side of the ball that could have been addressed as well.

No comments on Okoye? I thought he was good value, though I'm not sure that he fills the exact need of the Niners...I just thought he was best on the board at 11. <_<

Well I like the pick. The offensive seems to be doing ok - at least on the right track. Now the defense is going to need to step up and prevent some points and STOP THE RUN. Okoye at 6-2 302 lbs is a run stopper, middle stuffer. I don't think he'll be the guy to get your sacks, but he can stop the push from the oline and hopefully break into the pocket and disrupt the QB. Now that's the type of boy(bigalbeit) you want as DT.

Good pick, I wish he would have slid to uh say around the 19th pick for the Titans!

I wanted Okoye at Buff. and that is why I was telling people to STFU about players still on the board....still Buff. shouldn't go into the season with the A train as their #1 back, although there were positions on the other side of the ball that could have been addressed as well.

honestly I hadn't read any of the commentary before my pick - didn't want to fall victim to some other GM chumming the water for a player he didn't want so the one he did would slide.

I just honestly took who I thought was the best available and best for the Niners needs. To me that's DE or DT, and Okoye fit the bill. His upside is huge and I honestly wasn't expecting him to fall to 11...I thought he'd go 7-8-9-10

i sent cdub a message tellin him he was up and he reoplied and he said he was at some crapass pistons game <_<

Well I like the pick. The offensive seems to be doing ok - at least on the right track. Now the defense is going to need to step up and prevent some points and STOP THE RUN. Okoye at 6-2 302 lbs is a run stopper, middle stuffer. I don't think he'll be the guy to get your sacks, but he can stop the push from the oline and hopefully break into the pocket and disrupt the QB. Now that's the type of boy(bigalbeit) you want as DT.

I agree - and with that secondary if they can stop the run, then get in the QB's face and apply pressure, they can do what they haven't been able to do for years: force turnovers. Manny Lawson should continue to develop, and Moore is a stud..they can get a pass rusher in the 2nd. <_<

Good pick, I wish he would have slid to uh say around the 19th pick for the Titans!

I doubt it could happen in RL either. He's a top 12 pick no matter how you slice it.

kubiak goes quinn here and doesn't blink about it.

Houston picked up the option on Carr last year, which in essence ties up quite a bit of $$ with him. I'm not sure of the possible cap hit letting him go would be.

Many believe the poor offensive production is caused by Carr; as average as he is, I say it's the offensive line. Kubiak even designed the offense to accommodate for the less-than-stellar O-line by calling play-action passes and a boatload of short, three-step drops. The O-line play never allowed Carr the time to consistently include five and seven stop drops to the offense, yet he still got sacked more times than any other QB over the last four years.

at 1.17 the Jaguars take.... the #1 rookie attorney out of Harvard. We see lots of convicts on our team, and at this time well feel a lawyer would better suit our needs. We need a motivated youngster that is willing to give up all his time to serve our team. Our players are doing some dumb ass shiet, you know with guns and all, and our #1 pick will be devoting all his/her time to keep them out of serving time.

1.10 S LaRon Landry to the Atlanta Falcons:

The Falcons could've gone a few ways with this pick, but ultimately decided on one of the best defensive prospects in years. Landry instantly adds credibility to the Falcons backfield...something they've been missing for awhile. With the depth at DE & S in this year's draft, the Falcons felt it necessary to grab the best Safety prospect & were a little surprised to see him fall to #10. Landry should be able to step in immediately to start opposite S Lawyer Milloy

Good pick :mad: He has stud written all over him from everything i've seen.

Well, really love the okoye pick for the 49'ers :mad: at least seems to be the 2nd best value pick so far (quinn at 9 is although of all the hate he recieves relativly a steal too)

Also, slob I sent you an email about our upcoming pick. I'll be up for a few more hours then check back again around 11 am central.

i need to do my pick in the next hour and a half. Or else you guys will have to wait till about 6pm eastern.

i need to do my pick in the next hour and a half. Or else you guys will have to wait till about 6pm eastern.

Why don't you just email someone a list of two potentials?

I for one love Branch and Okoye. Look at what Halati Ngata did for Ray Lewis and the rest of Baltimore's D last year. Completely revitilized that unit and gave Gregg a little relief. I think Branch and Okoye can do the same. I've heard some negative things about Branch (specifically his conditioning and motor), but nothing but the best for Okoye.

jocstrap:

With the Titans pick coming up, what positions/players do you have in mind???

Either post some ideas in this thread or email them to me...

Wha? The Steelers take Kalil the Center? How badly do they need a Center because they just wasted first round talent for a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Smitty and Sloberknocker.....you'd better do Packer fans proud! :unsure:

the steelers pick was a trainwreck :blink:

first Kalil has gotten a 2nd round grade at his highest, second taking a C in the first is unusual, especially so high, third taking interior OL in the first is rare enough, too many to be had in later rounds. he would have a decent shot of being there at Pitt's 2nd round pick in the real draft imo. he just got too much buzz during combine coverage, and though good he is undersized and plays a position where talent is easier to find than other areas. don't like this pick :thumbsup: