Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

***Lost***

Yes, the food drops, which is interesting. Which also had a light beacon. I was always under the impression that getting to the island was difficult, in that it was "hidden" partly because of the electromagnetism, and party due to time issues on the island. Unless someone accidently stumbles upon the island, like the Black Rock ship, Rousseau and her crew, Desmond, Henry Gale, Flight 815, etc. Except for the sub that the Others use, there was no way on and off the island on purpose. Just accident, or when an "incident" happened like Desmond not pushing the button and the plane crash happened. But this time, this Naomi character reached the island on purpose, to find Desmond. And that is the first time we have seen that happen. Looking for the island, and actually finding it. The field is either weakened or completely gone due to the explosion of the Swan hatch. This had also ruined the communication at the Flame hatch. Circling back to the food drops, this doesn't neatly fit into my scenario. However, would it be really that weird if the food came from somewhere else other that from a plane, like, say, from below the island. It was brought to the surface and left there. It's possible.

I don't remember the details of the food drop episode any more (too long ago) but I do recall there was some kind of incident with the hatch/button that immediately preceded the food drop. I have always assumed there was a connection. Wish I could recall the details of that episode.

I don't remember the details of the food drop episode any more (too long ago) but I do recall there was some kind of incident with the hatch/button that immediately preceded the food drop. I have always assumed there was a connection. Wish I could recall the details of that episode.

It was an episode dealing with Hurley's weight, and him hiding food. And Libby convinced him to dump all the food onto the jungle floor. Minutes after that, more food was found in the jungle with a flashing red beacon light on top of it. I believe this is the episode where the blast door fell on Locke's leg, injuring him. The blast doors came down to keep the button pushers from seeing where the food was coming from. This is the episode where Ben helped Locke with his leg, and also lied about not pushing the button.

Important to note, no one, not a single person roaming around the jungle, saw or heard a plane flying by. If they did, they would have tried to get it's attention. So where did the food come from?

:D The oriental telling the ghost story....friggin funny.... :banana:

"Have you heard the one about the Chupacabra? It's like a bear, with spines...but Messican." :cheers:

However, would it be really that weird if the food came from somewhere else other that from a plane, like, say, from below the island. It was brought to the surface and left there. It's possible.

Then why were the drops covered in a parachute. :D

What nobody has mentioned yet is the sound the plane of helicopter or whatever it was made. Perhapes you need a special kind of plane to reach the island just like you need a submarine.

Or maybe the sound was the chicks parachute flapping around. It looked like she had a rough landing.

Or think about this. What if the reason she was hurt/ out of it wasn't because SHE was trying to get there. What if she was brought there against her will? Maybe she was drugged like Jill suited up and dropped out of the plane?

Like Ben said we can get more mothers... :cheers:

Important to note, no one, not a single person roaming around the jungle, saw or heard a plane flying by. If they did, they would have tried to get it's attention. So where did the food come from?

You won't hear an high altitude plane. Which is why I believe more and more the sound Desmond and his crue heard was the sound of her parachute flapping.

Or think about this. What if the reason she was hurt/ out of it wasn't because SHE was trying to get there. What if she was brought there against her will? Maybe she was drugged like Jill suited up and dropped out of the plane?

Like Ben said we can get more mothers... :unsure:

Because she knew who Desmond was and the contents of the backback would lead us to believe she was looking for him.

Then why were the drops covered in a parachute. :banana:

What nobody has mentioned yet is the sound the plane of helicopter or whatever it was made. Perhapes you need a special kind of plane to reach the island just like you need a submarine.

Or maybe the sound was the chicks parachute flapping around. It looked like she had a rough landing.

Like Ben said we can get more mothers... :unsure:

You won't hear an high altitude plane. Which is why I believe more and more the sound Desmond and his crue heard was the sound of her parachute flapping.

Sigh. Everytime you think you are on to a hot new theory, there is always something to fock it up. The devil is in the details, since the writers are super sensitive to detail, and don't contradict even the most miniscule details. Sigh. The parachute covering the food drop.

I can buy not hearing the plane due to high altitude, and maybe not seeing it, since it was sort of twilight/dark from what I recall for the food drop, but is a helicopter equipped to fly very, very high. They probably heard the actually chopper, since they were right next to the ocean, and hearing a parachute that deep into the jungle isn't realistic.

Was she drugged like Juliette? Maybe. I had a thought that maybe you have to be unconscious to reach the island (The Langoliers). However, Flight 815 disproves that theory.

Because she knew who Desmond was and the contents of the backback would lead us to believe she was looking for him.

She might have been looking for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean she was trying to get on the island

Did the chick who made the parachute drop say something when she saw Desmond? Did I hear her say "Desmond"?

Did the chick who made the parachute drop say something when she saw Desmond? Did I hear her say "Desmond"?

Yeah I think so.

Yeah, she did.

Yeah I think so.

Like Ben said we can get more mothers... :doublethumbsup:

I suspect Kate will be starting to exhibit signs of morning sickness at the end of the season.

I suspect Kate will be starting to exhibit signs of morning sickness at the end of the season.

That is certainly possible.

Dam. I just realized I nearly went a whole thread without wishing death upon Claire. Die. Die. Die. :huh: :mad:

More than a few episodes back when Jack as vacationing by himself and he got his tatoo that says," He walks among us, but is not one of us." he said, that is what it says but not what it means. What does it mean? He is a god? he is a leader?

It means he has a lame tatoo.

Won't rehash this after this since it was a few episodes back but, the tatoo chick that Jack banged was hot, and her brother and pals didn't beat his ass and tell him to leave until they looked to make sure he had that tatoo. Maybe insignificant, but it has been bugging me.

That is certainly possible.

Dam. I just realized I nearly went a whole thread without wishing death upon Claire. Die. Die. Die. :mad: :mad:

Claire is a saint :wub:

What i don't get about the loops and all that is Charlie doesn't remember desmond. I mean, if he went back to redo his "life" or "path" wouldn't charlie remember desmond from outside the building? I mean its not like he was some random listener, he said some specific things. I think i would remember the face of a guy who i've never met but knows my name and tells me crazy things about an "island."

Why doesn't charlie remember him from that encounter?

What i don't get about the loops and all that is Charlie doesn't remember desmond. I mean, if he went back to redo his "life" or "path" wouldn't charlie remember desmond from outside the building? I mean its not like he was some random listener, he said some specific things. I think i would remember the face of a guy who i've never met but knows my name and tells me crazy things about an "island."

drugs?

After all, the writers have set Desmond up as a sacrificial character. He kept pushing the hatch-button in order to save the world...he turned the fail-safe key to save the world...he left Penny and eventually found his way to the island (because the weird old lady said that he had to do it to save the world). Even tonight, in Desmond's story, there were several allusions to sacrifice -- i.e. Abraham & Isaac. And Charlie flat-out asked him about sacrifice.

Have they? or have they set Des up to "make a sacrifice" as Abraham was to do with Isaac. I think the island wants Des to trust it enough to agree to let Charlie die. when he does, as with Abraham, he will be rewarded, but not until. and like Isaac i don't think charlie will be gone forever but for some reason its important that Des be willing to make the sacrifice.

More than a few episodes back when Jack as vacationing by himself and he got his tatoo that says," He walks among us, but is not one of us." he said, that is what it says but not what it means. What does it mean? He is a god? he is a leader?

Won't rehash this after this since it was a few episodes back but, the tatoo chick that Jack banged was hot, and her brother and pals didn't beat his ass and tell him to leave until they looked to make sure he had that tatoo. Maybe insignificant, but it has been bugging me.

That was an episode I didn't really pay much attention to. Seemed like a filler episode; then again, it might be a foreshadowing of Jack possibly betraying the Losties on the beach. Agree that the woman was very hot. Weird that he got his ass kicked.

Because Desmond is looping. Not Charlie. Charlie is only living one time line. Desmond is the only one looping, so only he can recall events on the island when he travels back in time.

That was an episode I didn't really pay much attention to. Seemed like a filler episode; then again, it might be a foreshadowing of Jack possibly betraying the Losties on the beach. Agree that the woman was very hot. Weird that he got his ass kicked.

Interesting potential foreboding of him being a happy losty, then being labeled as an other.... :lol:

For some reason, i know the beggining was a vision really as soon as Charley got struck, and i also knew that Penny wouldn't be the person in the tree....maybe i am a real life Desmond :(

Well, we do know that chick knows Desmond and what he looks like, wonder if the others know she is there. Also, what happen to the copter, why did it fall??? Do airbourne transports automatically crash as soon as they hit some sort of invisible barrier on the island or what???

I would like to know what happened to Locke, i am betting he will come back pretty soon, obviously they won't just take Locke out of the picture. Also, very little on Juliet, i don't think she said a word.

Also, man, Sawyer is strait up the man. Ana Lucia and KAte twice :( Niiiiiiicce... Also some great one liners, the favorite others line was deffinently classic.

Because Desmond is looping. Not Charlie. Charlie is only living one time line. Desmond is the only one looping, so only he can recall events on the island when he travels back in time.

You missed what i was asking. I know desmond is the one looping and thats why he recognized charlie. We know that happened before they went on the plane. I'm assuming that charlie would remember a crazy guy knowing his name and telling him he ends up on an island, especially since it seems like desmond broke up with penny and went on that flight shortly after that incident.

Only thing i can think of is he goes on another loop and this time doesn't talk to charlie.

Anybody notice the picture on the monk's desk? When Desmond is saying his goodbye to the lead monk, he hands him his robe. It flashes to a picture of the monk and an older woman. The woman is the store clerk Desmond spoke to during his "flash back" episode.

is it at all possible this show has jumped the shark and now is stupid? :clap:

is it at all possible this show has jumped the shark and now is stupid? :cry:

Who are you? :cry:

You missed what i was asking. I know desmond is the one looping and thats why he recognized charlie. We know that happened before they went on the plane. I'm assuming that charlie would remember a crazy guy knowing his name and telling him he ends up on an island, especially since it seems like desmond broke up with penny and went on that flight shortly after that incident.

Only thing i can think of is he goes on another loop and this time doesn't talk to charlie.

Charlie might have been under the influence of drugs and doesn't remember.

Charlie simply dismissed Desmond as crazy, and ignored whatever he said, just hoping to protect the money he gathered and get away from him.

Desmond was not on the plane. Desmond broke up with Penny, then joined the military, then ended up in jail, turned down the bribe from Mr Widmore, then trained, then went on the boat race to beat out Penny's father, then got stranded on the Lost island during the boat racefor three years pushing a button. So it's been, my best guess, at least 5 years, and probably longer since Desmond met Charlie, briefly. It's not that weird that Charlie doesn't remember Desmond. And maybe Desmond changed history to the point where maybe he only met Charlie once on the loop, or maybe not at all, which is always a possibility. I am hoping that we learn more about Desmond's abilities soon.

Anybody notice the picture on the monk's desk? When Desmond is saying his goodbye to the lead monk, he hands him his robe. It flashes to a picture of the monk and an older woman. The woman is the store clerk Desmond spoke to during his "flash back" episode.

We caught that one page 1 of this thread. :huh:

Interesting how Desmond's life is being steered. Right now, Desmond is the most important character on the show, IMO. Not Locke. Not Ben. And no one else is close.

Lost D.O.C.

After learning that the Others' pregnant women all died before giving birth on the island, Sun allows Juliet to examine her; Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant. CC Stereo

Looks like last weeks episode will be repeated before hand again. :huh:

Is it at all possible this show has Jumped The Shark and now is stupid?

Shhh...the writers and producers are trying to divert viewer's attention from realizing the series peaked with Season 2, Episode 20 Two For The Road. Since then; they've been busy piling on questions that will never be answered, introducing insignicant characters, straying from the fact the crash survivors should be battling the island's elements instead of it's mysterious co-inhabitants and generating dead end storylines.

Yeah...yeah...be patient and follow the clues; the show will be on the air for years to come. Fvck that, there's a REASON viewership has diminished and Lost stopped cultivating new fans in 2006; the show has become more frustrating than intriguing. It's not to the point where I'll stop watching in lieu of something else on television; but I've been replaying VHS tapes of the episodes I don't view live later and later in the week. It's not "must see" television any longer.

Shhh...the writers and producers are trying to divert viewer's attention from realizing the series peaked with Season 2, Episode 20 Two For The Road. Since then; they've been busy piling on questions that will never be answered, introducing insignicant characters, straying from the fact the crash survivors should be battling the island's elements instead of it's mysterious co-inhabitants and generating dead end storylines.

Yeah...yeah...be patient and follow the clues; the show will be on the air for years to come. Fvck that, there's a REASON viewership has diminished and Lost stopped cultivating new fans in 2006; the show has become more frustrating than intriguing. It's not to the point where I'll stop watching in lieu of something else on television; but I've been replaying VHS tapes of the episodes I don't view live later and later in the week. It's not "must see" television any longer.

I think the last batch of episodes, maybe the last 2 months, have been among the best of the series. :banana:

It's a top ten rated show, the highest rated 10:00 PM EST show on TV. And it's the most DVR'd show on TV. Much like you, I tape the show, but watch it live as well. However, you fall into the category of people taping it. Which, again, is substantial. Hell, I really enjoyed watching the first two seasons on DVD, one episode after another.

I think that it's not so much fans disappearing, as much as fans are taping the show, or waiting for the DVD. They won't attrach many new fans to bolster ratings, just gather fans through DVD sales.

I understand some of your frustration, but I have high expectations for the final few episodes this season. Seriously, we have had a number of strong episodes since the hiatus after the weak first 6 episodes this year.

is it at all possible this show has jumped the shark and now is stupid? :dunno:

I thought it had, then it made s light recovery, but it is rapidly approaching the jump right now. They simply MUST start tying up the loose ends, otherwise its just a bunch of :banana: :banana: :mad: every week now.... <_<

I thought it had, then it made s light recovery, but it is rapidly approaching the jump right now. They simply MUST start tying up the loose ends, otherwise its just a bunch of :banana: :blink: :o every week now.... :P

Being that the series is scheduled for at least 5 seasons, I hope we get only a very limited amount or next to zero amount of answers.

It would be really dumb to reveal a bunch of stuff now. Then what? How do you proceed for the next 2 seasons. Instead, I like the idea of a little bit at a time, and every week feels like a cliff hanger.

Wed. bump

You might as well start another thread.

You might as well start another thread.

We could, but I thought it might be good to track how far the story progresses in these last few episodes in one place..... :mad: maybe that's just a stupid idea, it is hard for me to think straight wallowing in a puddle of my own drool. :mad:

Plot: After discovering that all of The Others pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, an extremely reticent Sun allows Juliet to examine her -- and uncovers the identity of the unborn child's father. Meanwhile, Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant.

Guest starring: Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, John Shin as Mr. Kwon, Alexis Rhee as older woman, Esmond Chung as Paik’s associate and Jean Chung as Paik’s secretary.

Couple of speculative thoughts. Probably nothing that hasn't been brought up in the past...

There may be some merit to the possibilities of cloning. Maybe the Others are either clones of people elsewhere on Earth, and because they are clones, they are not able to reproduce or their women die in childbirth.

Or....

The island is a parallel universe, where the Others are able to jump from one reality to another. And can't reproduce on the Lost island because of the jumping. The magic box is the gateway that allows Locke's father to appear on the island. And Jack's dad. And Hurley's friend Dave. Etc.

And...

Maybe Jacob is Ben, the original, not the clone. :sleep:

When is the episode where a guy in a leather coat jumps a shark and says "ayyy" when he lands? :sleep: