Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

***Lost***

i think the rings of ash imprison Jacob. he is asking Locke for freedom. he's confined to the chair by one ring and if somehow that gets broken he's confined to the surrounding area. the photo's are in and located here. even during the chaos he's in that chair which suggest he has influence outside of himself, perhaps a telekinesis patient brought to the island as part of dharma, perhaps even made way more powerful by the experiments. he could be calling out to all sorts of people to break the chains that bind him using all sorts of methods to lead them around the island hoping he's discovered (including sending familiar images like mom, dad, crazy made up friend etc..). i try and base all my assessments of the show on the experiments, after all, they are the most focked up common denominator.

as a secondary experiment related scenerio Jacob could be a lost soul brought out by the psych experiments and trapped by the dharma initiative. he does kind of look like he's wearing rediculously old clothing, perhaps black rock era garb.

I like to torture myself by watching this piece of crap each week. Why....I have no focking clue. What a trainwreck this show has become......

When there are invisible focking people in a show, it's time to hang it up......

I like to torture myself by watching this piece of crap each week. Why....I have no focking clue. What a trainwreck this show has become......

When there are invisible focking people in a show, it's time to hang it up......

I agree, the producers/writers have no clue where this is going. No one can tell me all this stuff was planned from the first episode., they ar emaking it up as they go. I think the worst thing for this show is that I read that they are ending it in 2010, way too much time.

Also, in that still frame of Jacob, it looks an awful lot like the profile of Locke :dunno:

Day after heartburn thoughts....

Annie wasn't show as being dead, although she probably is. One very unlikely possibility, II wonder if she might be the "sheriff" in the Hydra station episode, or maybe the lady in the ring shop in the Desmond flashback/flashforward. But that would make her old....

Which leads into aging. This morning, I was a bit suprised to see confirmation that Richard was actually the man young Ben talked to in the jungle. Maybe it was the long hair that fooled me. Maybe it's because all mysterious jungle dwelling hostiles look the same to me? But with a hair cut, Richard looks the same age today as he did many years ago. Ben has aged into the bug eyed monster that he is today. So....is healing and aging different on the island, especially to people born on the island vs people who immigrated to the island? Maybe it's appearance only, since Juliette diagnosed the womb of a 70 year old woman in a woman that was twentysomething. Weird.

Locke will not die. First of all, it takes time to bleed out from a stomach wound. Hours to days. But it really depends on the location of the wound from the bullet: did it hit an artery/vein, or a major organ? Did anyone notice the location of the bullet wound. A wound that would have pierced Locke's kidney, if he had a kidney. Remember, he donated it to his father. Yet, Ben shot him in the only spot where the least amount of damage could be inflicted. I love the attention to detail by the writers. So the question is, did Ben intentionally shoot Locke only to would him, or did fate/the island intervene to spare Locke death. Because Locke is not going to die.

A possibility I overlooked yesterday: Could Ben have manipulated Locke into manifesting Jacob. No one but Ben had seen "Jacob". Ben demands to know what Jacob told Locke, even though Ben was there in the room. Could it be that Ben tricked Locke into conjuring up Jacob, like Locke/Sawyer manifested Anthony Cooper, although Cooper may very well have been kidnapped.. The magic box. Ben set up the situation so perfectly, he got Locke to get in touch with an outside entity or an inner entity that is the alter ego of Locke perhaps. Locke is the most intune with the island. Somehow, Locke was able to make a high connection. This either enraged Ben to kill Locke, the new "chosen one" of the island, showing Locke that Ben is still King of the Hill. Or Ben is simply still manipulating Ben. But the possibility that Locke is crazy or has another personality has some legs.

How come Richard isn't aging?

And yes, for a split second or two they do show someone sitting in the chair.

TIVO screen shot anywhere? I didn't see it.

FYI, last week I predicted that Locke would get whacked AND that Jacob was not a person. I am da bomb!

Its kind of funny. I was watching the episode last night and with about 10 min left my friend came over and we smoked. I went to watch the rest of it and after 1 min i knew locke was gonna die. Who knows, maybe i would've figured it out sober but who knows.

As for the shot, a few people posted pictures. They weren't very good and if you go slow-mo you get a better glance at the guy. The guy is old, raggedy clothing, long hair, and white. When i first watched, i thought it was richards dad, because at that time i thought the guy kid-ben ran into was richards dad. But now it seems like richard just hasn't aged. And found make-up fashionable.

How come Richard isn't aging?

YES! I was surprised nobody else brought this up yet. He was the EXACT same age when he saw Ben in the woods as he was during the hostiles raid of the Dharma camp.

One theory could be that Ben is aging at a faster rate than everyone else. However, that notion is impossible because Ben's dad appeared to have aged in a comparible fashion to Ben. So, in essence, time is "frozen" for these hostiles.

I saw the brief shot of Jacob. Pretty eerie. Ben definitely shot Locke because Locke heard Jacob. As Ben has said, nobody except him has seen Jacob. However, I think Locke is alive. In fact, I think before this season ends, he will come back and kill Ben and subsequently become the leader of the Others.

YES! I was surprised nobody else brought this up yet.

That's the cool thing. A few people ended up bringing it up.

The point is not who brought it up first. But that we discussed it. Although, I am tempted to revisit previous speculation threads to quote wild theories of mine that proved to have merit.

Ah...fock it. We are all in the same boat. Trying to shape theories to fit the show. It's a show full of mystery that drives all of us nuts. Which is what make TV worth watching. Fock it. Isn't it fun to speculate about a show like this. When is the last time we gave a sh!t about a TV show to even speculate?

:dunno: :cheers: :wall:

That's the cool thing. A few people ended up bringing it up.

The point is not who brought it up first. But that we discussed it. Although, I am tempted to revisit previous speculation threads to quote wild theories of mine that proved to have merit.

Ah...fock it. We are all in the same boat. Trying to shape theories to fit the show. It's a show full of mystery that drives all of us nuts. Which is what make TV worth watching. Fock it. Isn't it fun to speculate about a show like this. When is the last time we gave a sh!t about a TV show to even speculate?

:dunno: :cheers: :wall:

I personally never have watched a fictional show this intellectually stimulating. Even the X-Files did not generate this type of curiosity from the viewing audience. Some people might be pissed off about how long they have to wait for answers. If that is a problem for you, just watch a show like CSI that has answers at the end of every episode. I will watch this show until the very end (and hopefully be floored by the revelations) and then buy the entire series on DVD and watch it from the beginning to the end and try to notice stuff I missed the first time around.

I personally never have watched a fictional show this intellectually stimulating. Even the X-Files did not generate this type of curiosity from the viewing audience. Some people might be pissed off about how long they have to wait for answers. If that is a problem for you, just watch a show like CSI that has answers at the end of every episode. I will watch this show until the very end (and hopefully be floored by the revelations) and then buy the entire series on DVD and watch it from the beginning to the end and try to notice stuff I missed the first time around.

I picked up the X Files Seasons 1-9/ The series was awesome.

I picked up the X Files Seasons 1-9/ The series was awesome.

I'm in the progress of watching the series for the first time. TNT is airing about 10 a week late at night.

DVR them, edit out the commericals, then burn them to video CDs.

Not quite the quality of DVDs, but a hell of a lot cheaper than buying the box sets.

here's a focked up thought, what if the island people age backwards?

Maybe, but wouldn't the baby be unborn by now? :wacko:

Only problem with that is we've seen Ben grow up :wacko:

I was gonna say what if only those conceived and born on the island age backwards, but then i can't imagine a 6 foot human being coming out of a vagina.

But yea, is there any possible way that he ran into richards dad? And what if he's jacob? People bring up cloning all the time so maybe the new richard is a clone?

Also, did anyone else notice that when Richard walked in when Ben was holding that doll he asked what it was for. When ben responded saying it was a birthday gift and its his birthday today, richard didn't say anything, not even a lame obligatory happy birthday.

A few things:

Ben's line to Richard, something to the effect of, "You do remember birthdays, don't you Richard?" Must play into the fact that he hasn't aged. Initially, and this was before Ben admitted he lied about being born on the island and we saw an unaged Richard, I assumed that cloning was going to have to play into things. Meaning that the Ben we see now is a clone and he was "born" or created on the island and Richard was too and perhaps the fact they were cultivated rather than actually born meant they had less of a connection to actual birthdays. Of course this seems to have been debunked by further occurrences in the episode.

I would assume the skeleton in the van was Ben's dad since the song playing when Ben popped the biological warfare can was the same as the music playing when Hurley got the van going. Also, one thing that has been bugging me, what is the name of that song? In an eerie coincidence I had been humming that song all week long (was it in last week's preview?)

What was in the can of aerosol death that it was so powerful to be able to kill everyone on the island? Was the isalnd's ability to magnify things (sperm counts etc.) also able to magnify the effects of whatever was in that can? Also, how did it dissipate so quickly. I would think something so powerful as to be able to cause such violently quick and widespread death would linger a bit longer than it seemed to have been in the air. One thing is I don't recall getting any sort of fix on a timeframe for how long they had the masks on though the filter cannisters on them don't last al that long do they?

The Jacob "phenomenon" initially struck me as a bit disappointing but to see that there was a figure there gives me some hope. My feeling was his communication with Locke meant he needed help in some way with regards to Ben as in he was a captive or something. That greyish matter, ash or whatever it was, must have some significance since they pointed it out.

In regards to Ben's "girlfriend" (I don't remember her name) they didn't show her to us at all on the day that Ben killed all of Dharma. I would think, to show she was still on the island, we would maybe get a scene of her wishing him a Happy Birthday or something. By not seeing her then or seeing her body afterward when they were all dead there is a possibility that she is somehow still alive (most likely no longer on the island when it happened) and perhaps she will reappear in some capacity? I would think that a perfect chance to show her deceased would have been Ben shutting her eyes rather than Goodspeed's.

Hmm, one other thing I guess is to watch the paralells of Ben and Locke. The wheelchairs, hearing Jacob, both having a hand in their father's death on the island and I am sure there are plenty more.

Lastly, the name of the show- Lost initally seemed so simple. A downed plane with a bunch of people who have no idea where they are. I guess that was only scratching the surface. Or maybe ot never really applied to them in the first place?

ETA- Ben's "girlfriend" is named Annie. Also, is there any significance to the term Namaste?

Only problem with that is we've seen Ben grow up :D

he wasn't born there.. :dunno:

ETA- Ben's "girlfriend" is named Annie. Also, is there any significance to the term Namaste?

Namasté or Namaskar (नमस्ते [nʌmʌsˈteː] in Nepali and Hindi (from internal sandhi between namaḥ and te) is an Indian greeting or parting phrase as well as a gesture.

Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you" [1].

When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. The gesture can also be performed wordlessly and carry the same

wikipedia though, so take it for what its worth.

A few things:

Ben's line to Richard, something to the effect of, "You do remember birthdays, don't you Richard?" Must play into the fact that he hasn't aged. Initially, and this was before Ben admitted he lied about being born on the island and we saw an unaged Richard, I assumed that cloning was going to have to play into things. Meaning that the Ben we see now is a clone and he was "born" or created on the island and Richard was too and perhaps the fact they were cultivated rather than actually born meant they had less of a connection to actual birthdays. Of course this seems to have been debunked by further occurrences in the episode.

I would assume the skeleton in the van was Ben's dad since the song playing when Ben popped the biological warfare can was the same as the music playing when Hurley got the van going. Also, one thing that has been bugging me, what is the name of that song? In an eerie coincidence I had been humming that song all week long (was it in last week's preview?)

What was in the can of aerosol death that it was so powerful to be able to kill everyone on the island? Was the isalnd's ability to magnify things (sperm counts etc.) also able to magnify the effects of whatever was in that can? Also, how did it dissipate so quickly. I would think something so powerful as to be able to cause such violently quick and widespread death would linger a bit longer than it seemed to have been in the air. One thing is I don't recall getting any sort of fix on a timeframe for how long they had the masks on though the filter cannisters on them don't last al that long do they?

The Jacob "phenomenon" initially struck me as a bit disappointing but to see that there was a figure there gives me some hope. My feeling was his communication with Locke meant he needed help in some way with regards to Ben as in he was a captive or something. That greyish matter, ash or whatever it was, must have some significance since they pointed it out.

In regards to Ben's "girlfriend" (I don't remember her name) they didn't show her to us at all on the day that Ben killed all of Dharma. I would think, to show she was still on the island, we would maybe get a scene of her wishing him a Happy Birthday or something. By not seeing her then or seeing her body afterward when they were all dead there is a possibility that she is somehow still alive (most likely no longer on the island when it happened) and perhaps she will reappear in some capacity? I would think that a perfect chance to show her deceased would have been Ben shutting her eyes rather than Goodspeed's.

Hmm, one other thing I guess is to watch the paralells of Ben and Locke. The wheelchairs, hearing Jacob, both having a hand in their father's death on the island and I am sure there are plenty more.

Lastly, the name of the show- Lost initally seemed so simple. A downed plane with a bunch of people who have no idea where they are. I guess that was only scratching the surface. Or maybe ot never really applied to them in the first place?

I don't think that one canistor killed everyone. I am pretty sure the other hostiles used gas on the Dharma people too. They just didn't show that part.

he wasn't born there.. :D

Namasté or Namaskar (नमस्ते [nʌmʌsˈteː] in Nepali and Hindi (from internal sandhi between namaḥ and te) is an Indian greeting or parting phrase as well as a gesture.

Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you" [1].

When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. The gesture can also be performed wordlessly and carry the same

Yeah, I had looked it up, I was more curious about how (if at all) it would come into play with the island/show and it's plot.

he wasn't born there.. :D

My aunt from california was telling me that Namaste is used quite frequently in those "perfect world communes" or whatever you want to call them... I cant think of the word. You know, when a bunch of hippies get together, sit around, smoke pot, and talk about world peace etc. Apparently (according to my aunt)... for whatever reason they greet each other with namaste. She thought it was because they have many Buddhist beliefs (i know that wasnt in the definition above... but whatever).

Thats all I got.

A few things:

I seem to remember (back at the beginning of this season) Ben & Juliet alluding to Ben's dead wife. I think it was hinted that she had died as a result of her pregnancy (like every other pregnant woman on the island) and that Juliet was unable to save her.

Maybe that was Annie???

Also...just out of curiosity...now that it's clear that the majority of the Others were actually the island natives (pre-Dharma), I wonder how many of the current Others were recruited from the outside world (like Juliet). Also...it seems like Mikhail might have actually been telling the truth way back in his first episode, when he told Locke (more or less) that there was an uprising and that he was spared -- as long as he stuck around the Communication Station. Also...Desmond's old hatch-buddy (can't remember his name) must've been recruited pretty late (maybe even after the Natives killed the Dharma people) because we know that he was in the Middle East during the Gulf War (thanks to the Sayid flashback).

Maybe Jacob was the shark, and Locke and Ben just jumped over him? :ninja:

:ninja:

Well played.

Also. Do you any of you fanatics realize the producers of this show, have no focking clue what's coming next and they make this all up as they go along? Think about it. You think they wrote up 6 seasons of this crap when they 1st got it on TV? of course not. They thought they'd be lucky to get one season out of it and now it's turned into the biggest debacle to ever be on Television.

* All told, the six seasons of Lost will reach a total of 117 episodes.

* Straight from the mouth of Damon Lindelof: "You won't have to wait until 2010 to get all the answers you really care about."

* Cuse and Lindelof believe that a scheduled end date will satisfy fans' concerns about the writers' plans for the show.

* Carlton Cuse mentioned that both he and Damon Lindelof looked at the show's scheduled end point as a condition for staying with the show.

* The producers are pleased with the 16-episode seasons, since an uninterrupted season of 24 episodes is harder to make.

* Season Four of Lost will premiere in February 2008, with no breaks between episodes. According to Carlton Cuse, there are "strong indications" that the show will get an earlier time slot.

* Lindelof hinted that viewers will learn about a "significant event" from Jack's past in the season finale.

* Mrs. Hawking (the woman from Desmond's flashbacks) will not be seen again this season, but will appear in later seasons.

* Try to interpret Damon Lindelof's teaser for the season finale: "It will make you realize that the house you are standing in actually has a lot more rooms than you thought when you came into it." I like the sound of that!

"I live in east-central Indiana and last night on channel 22 news I think it is out of Cincinnati it kept showing a picture of Jack and Locke together lining up the dynamite like in the promo pictures. I love reading your site and thought you might have a means to get a hold of this footage. Sorry I don’t have anymore information than this. I just thought that it would prove that Locke does not die. "

Jacob could be Locke for sure. Both hate technology according to Ben. This could be why Ben was so worried about Locke. Since Ben is the only one to have seen him, he is the only one to know that Locke looks like Jacob. That is why he is terrified of Locke. Ben has figured a way to keep Jacob sitting in the chair (like Locke and his wheelchair). I am convinced that he does this by the ash circled around the house. It must have power that keeps Jacob in the house.

I don't have a clue who Jacob is, but Ben's dad was Laslo from Real Genius.

I don't have a clue who Jacob is, but Ben's dad was Laslo from Real Genius.

:mad: you have no idea how hard I was trying to place him that night. Well done! :argue:

:thumbsup: you have no idea how hard I was trying to place him that night. Well done! :argue:

Locke's dad was in the old HBO Tales From The Crypt. The episode was "Chop Poker". :mad:

:banana: you have no idea how hard I was trying to place him that night. Well done! :dunno:

Also, Horace Goodspeed was played by Doug Hutchison, aka Percy Wetmore in the movie The Green Mile from Stephen King.

Also, Horace Goodspeed was played by Doug Hutchison, aka Percy Wetmore in the movie The Green Mile from Stephen King.

:dunno: WHO CARES :banana: WHO CARES :banana:

:dunno: WHO CARES :banana: WHO CARES :banana:

NOT ME :banana: NOT ME

A man is shown in the hut when the objects start to move for a split moment in the chair where Jacob was supposed to be.

When the camera shows one of the skeletons in the mass grave, it can be seen that it has a bullet hole in the head.

When Ben is in the van with Roger and he looks at his watch, it displays the time 4:00:15-4:00:16.

Ben is born just 32 miles outside of Portland.

4 x 8 = 32

32 miles from Portland, Oregon is a town called Gales Creek. ([1])

Annie gives young Ben an Apollo Bar soon after Ben's arrival on the Island.

Both Ben and Locke have mothers named Emily.

This is only the second episode this season where all credited cast members appear.

Young Ben uses the code 54439 to disable the sonic fence.

Marvin Candle is heard on the tape to say that a new code for the fence is given each day.

Ben kills his father on his own birthday, therefore both of his parents died on his birthday.

The episode starts on the 91st day of being on the Island, December 22nd, which is Ben's birthday.

It would have been winter at that time in Gales Creek, Oregon, but the forest where Ben is born is lush and green.

In the shot, there are Ipomoea flowers behind Emily's head and the forest floor is covered in pine needles.

There is a good chance that the year of Ben's birth was 1963, since the cars used for the opening scene were specifically supposed to be "1963 and older". [2]

Both Locke & Ben have killed their fathers to join the Others/Hostiles. They are also both looked on with some authority by them.

The gas canister has the label "431CTP"

Ben's cover-alls did not have any DHARMA logo.

LOST is a name given to Mustard Gas (sulfur mustard), consisting of an abbreviation of the names Lommel and Steinkopf, two Germans who mass produced the gas during World War I.

Ben is wearing a Timex Indiglo watch. Timex received the patent for the Indiglo® nightlight in 1988, but according to the Timex website, "The company introduced the industry's first electroluminescent watch face in 1992". This means that the purge would have had to have occurred during, or after, 1992.

Casting for this episode states that the final flashback scene is set in 1992. However, casting alone cannot be seen as official or "canon", as their information and brief is often very limited. However, one must take into account that the Others kidnap Alex in 1988, and not only was she not shown but Rousseau apparently doesn't recall every meeting DHARMA. Furthermore, in the Lost Experience, Hugh McIntyre stated that the DHARMA Initiative funding was cut in 1987. Thus, the watch clue might be a production error.

The dog painting in Jacob's house is actually in real-life of Lulu, a dog owned by executive producer Jack Bender.

Ben's father was the corpse Hugo found in the DHARMA van in "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead".

^ Damn, beat me to it. When they were "hiking" i couldn't even tell it was someone i would recognize. It wasn't until he was on the pier i was like, oh snap thats uncle rico. I also realized, he use to be in that show called pretender. Good show.

Yeah, those pictures of Jacob deffinently sparked my interest, i think i will watch it tonight, or anytime during the weekend since this is the first weekend i've had off in 2 years B)

Locke's dad was in the old HBO Tales From The Crypt. The episode was "Chop Poker". B)

Locke's dad was also the owner of the "Double Duece" bar in Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze. :banana: