Sign in to follow this  
MDC

What's your favorite Chinese food?

• Used to really like the General Tso/orange chicken stuff, but now I find it a little too sweet
  • there's a place here that does lo mein with vermicelli noodles - excellent
  • technically Vietnamese, but there's another place that does the most amazing bbq pork spring rolls. :banana:
  • Love a lot of dishes, but my old standby? Definitely Cashew Chicken. :banana:

Buffet :banana:

:banana:

Best chinese buffet I've ever been to was in Lawrence, KS (about 1/2 mile off the KU campus). It's called "Peking Taste" and it's like $4.50 for lunch and $5.50 for dinner. All you can eat, and that includes dessert :banana:

cmh and others who are in kansas, or might go through kansas, check that place out. It's really great quality food. Better than I've had in most sit down restaurants.

How did you know I was thinking of Chinese for lunch today? Place by work that has some pretty good beef teriyaki with fried rice. :banana: Gonna get me some in about 15 minutes. :banana:

How did you know I was thinking of Chinese for lunch today?

Me too. There's a food cart outside my building that does decent Chinese but the menu is limited. I was thinking of that or getting pickup nearby - I'm ready for mu shoo.

sesame chicken :doublethumbsup:

if I'm eating at/from a sit down chinese place, that's what I always get.

if they don't have it, I usually get something like kung pao chicken or beef/broccoli or shrimp egg foo yong.

You know what I miss? Eating out of those little take-out boxes. I really enjoy eating out boxes. Now, we get these much better psuedo-tupperwear things that are definitely better in terms of sealing, but there's just someting about eating out of those little boxes that's part of the whole Chinese food ritual. <_<

How did you know I was thinking of Chinese for lunch today? Place by work that has some pretty good beef teriyaki with fried rice. <_< Gonna get me some in about 15 minutes. <_<

Awesome batch....beef was super tender. :D

Haven't eaten Chinese food in years. After reading over this thread, I think that this weekend...I won't have any again.

general tso's chicken :dunno: :first: :P

:dunno:

The worst Chinese restraunt in US > The best Chinese restaurant in China.

The worst Chinese restraunt in US > The best Chinese restaurant in China.

what do you eat over there ?

what do you eat over there ?

I don't know, I try not to taste it. I avoid it as much as possible and -when cornered- only eat enough to be polite.

Seriously, some barbeque is good, Shing Jiang (NW Chinese ethnic Muslim) food, they have a couple of snacks I like- a sort of greasy burrito type thing called Guo Quay and something that resembles a pancake.

I have cereal or an omlette for breakfast, a sanwich for lunch and either that barbeque or the Shing Jiang food for dinner. THe local food is for sh*t, I've been here 5 years and still hate it. In Chendgu there are many western restaurants so Iget pizza and Brazillian barbeque and maybe Tex/Mex or SUbway and other stuff about two or three times a week.