Sign in to follow this  
brian1974

THE UNIVERSE

In the 80's , we thought that our solar system was the only solar system to exist in the whole universe, we thought only stars existed. However in the 90's we did discover a new planet, its a gas giant that is twice as large as jupiter, but extremely hot with no life. From there more planets were discovered, by noticing wobbles in stars. by tracking light rays, they must have planets spinning around them, due to the gravity pull of the planets around the stars. Scientist estimate that if the universe consisted of 1% of planets, that would mean we would have millions and millions of planets in our universe. So lets just say that 1% of that 1% had life, that would mean we would have tens of thousands of planets with life. Is there a star man out there?

In the 80's , we thought that our solar system was the only solar system to exist in the whole universe, we thought only stars existed. However in the 90's we did discover a new planet, its a gas giant that is twice as large as jupiter, but extremely hot with no life. From there more planets were discovered, by noticing wobbles in stars. by tracking light rays, they must have planets spinning around them, sue to the gravity pull of the planets around the stars. Scientist estimate that if the galaxy consisted of 1% of planets, that would mean we would have millions and millions of planets in our galaxy. So lets just say that 1% of that 1% had life, that would mean we would have tens of thousands of planets with life. Is there a star man out there?

You were watching Discovery Channel last night.

In the 80's , we thought that our solar system was the only solar system to exist in the whole universe, we thought only stars existed. However in the 90's we did discover a new planet, its a gas giant that is twice as large as jupiter, but extremely hot with no life. From there more planets were discovered, by noticing wobbles in stars. by tracking light rays, they must have planets spinning around them, due to the gravity pull of the planets around the stars. Scientist estimate that if the galaxy consisted of 1% of planets, that would mean we would have millions and millions of planets in our universe. So lets just say that 1% of that 1% had life, that would mean we would have tens of thousands of planets with life. Is there a star man out there?

This is Carl Sagan's old proposition.

But, presuming you exclude grande design, the one thing you're leaving out of your calculations is the incredible set of circumstances and coincidences that must come together randomly to initiate life on a chaotic planet. What is that percentage chance or opportunity for the creation of the first microbe/DNA-strand/cell to come into excistence in the first place?

This is Carl Sagan's old proposition.

But, presuming you exclude grande design, the one thing you're leaving out of your calculations is the incredible set of circumstances and coincidences that must come together randomly to initiate life on a chaotic planet. What is that percentage chance or opportunity for the creation of the first microbe/DNA-strand/cell to come into excistence in the first place?

I agree, I really think we are the only ones..... No star man

yes and the reason we have not been contacted, if we have not been contacted, is that they either dont see us as a threat yet, dont see us as an asset yet, or dont know that we are here due to distance. at some point we will find out about other forms of intelligent life and i think that i would like to be around when that happens.

All I know is that if they play football on other planets they'd better not be talking about focking soccer :music_guitarred:

In the 70's I belieed that planets orbited every star and the odds that 1 could harbor life was 100%. Those saying that the odds of life elsewhere is 0%, I determined to be retarded.

yes and the reason we have not been contacted, if we have not been contacted, is that they either dont see us as a threat yet, dont see us as an asset yet, or dont know that we are here due to distance. at some point we will find out about other forms of intelligent life and i think that i would like to be around when that happens.

Go into Zombie-Mart and ask yourself, 'If I was from another planet, would I want to let these fatass, low IQ zombies know I exist'?

In the 80's , we thought that our solar system was the only solar system to exist in the whole universe, we thought only stars existed. However in the 90's we did discover a new planet, its a gas giant that is twice as large as jupiter, but extremely hot with no life. From there more planets were discovered, by noticing wobbles in stars. by tracking light rays, they must have planets spinning around them, due to the gravity pull of the planets around the stars. Scientist estimate that if the universe consisted of 1% of planets, that would mean we would have millions and millions of planets in our universe. So lets just say that 1% of that 1% had life, that would mean we would have tens of thousands of planets with life. Is there a star man out there?

You would think with all that going on the Dolphins would be able to find a QB.

so maybe you and your big brain can tell me what the field will be like on sunday night in pittsburgh... cool, cool, thanks

the field will be very bad, the new grass is there to stay... bench both teams

By saying "other", the assumption is that there is "intelligent" life on Earth. Kang & Kodos would beg to differ....

I wonder what Mike Ditka thinks?

Really? We thought our solar system was the only one to exist in the Universe during the 1980's? I have know the truth for ages! Only idiots thought that during the 80's.

Theres a starman waiting in the sky

Hed like to come and meet us

But he thinks hed blow our minds

Theres a starman waiting in the sky

Hes told us not to blow it

Cause he knows its all worthwhile

He told me:

Let the children lose it

Let the children use it

Let all the children boogie

-D. Bowie

Case closed.

I think if you consider we are pretty sure life once existed in 2-3 places in our solar system alone...maybe more...that it is kind of crazy to NOT think there is other life out there. However, INTELLEGENT life is a different story, because like previously said, the things that came together on our planet to make intellegent life is just the closest thing to impossible and still be possible basically.

However, there are over 100 billion known galaxies in the universe now, of those 100 billion, there are billions and sometimes trillions of stars in each of those. And most of the stars have there own miny-solar systems or maybe much, much bigger systems...

So, there are.... around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 known stars in the universe, say times that number by, i don't know, 10 to known how many planets there are. So, that means if there is even a .00000000000000000000000001% of chance of that happening again, it has probably happened somewhere in the universe...

How can anyone really believe that there is NOT some other kind of life/organism that exists out there? :music_guitarred:

How can anyone really believe that there is NOT some other kind of life/organism that exists out there? :pointstosky:

The argument really needs to be classified between "life" and "intelligent life". I think the odds that some other planet out there has hydrogen molecules and oxygen molecules to make water....and therefore life, is probably pretty likely....even if it is only 1%, that's still huge. But for that life to grow legs, walk on land, make a bunch of babies and not pay child support? Slim to none.

I think it's been all but proven that life at least on the microscopic level existed once on even Mars - with new evidence of water at one time on that planet.

To actually say there isn't other life out that more advanced than us is pretty idiotic.

In the 80's , we thought that our solar system was the only solar system to exist in the whole universe, we thought only stars existed.

See? This is how Pat Robertson, Bill O'Reilly, and every other shiester since the start of time has worked. He quickly starts off with a premise that isn't true, then follows it up with quasi-factual ideas (which - unnoticed by the average shmuck seems to firm up his original incorrect premise) to make a point. By the time you get to the end, the mouth-breathers listening breathlessly completely forget the premise upon which the whole damn thing started. ** :mad:

WHO THE FOCK thought that "our SS was the only SS to exist in the whole universe in the 80's"??

That's just focking retarded. Somebody want to break this news to Carl Sagan's wide lapels from his show "Cosmos"??

(not to mention about 700 different science fiction movies)

**BTW: If you've ever taken a Logic and Critical Reasoning Course, there's a name for this tactic.

See? This is how Pat Robertson, Bill O'Reilly, and every other shiester since the start of time has worked.

Like saying there were shiesters at the start of time? :overhead:

What is that percentage chance or opportunity for the creation of the first microbe/DNA-strand/cell to come into excistence in the first place?

Gotta be like one in a million.

So as long as there isn't a million planets out there in infinity we are all there is. :doublethumbsup:

What is that percentage chance or opportunity for the creation of the first microbe/DNA-strand/cell to come into excistence in the first place?

If there is at least a .00000000000000000000000001% chance...literally see my post for calculatons which i know at 100% accurate, then there is LIFE beyond EARTH!!!!! **Twighlight zone music**

How can anyone really believe that there is NOT some other kind of life/organism that exists out there? :dunno:

like the people that run our country?

hard to call us intelligent when we can't even get the NFL Network in a cable lineup

I know I am about to take a bashing for this one but fock it....I think/from what I have read...that we have already been contacted by intelligent life. The Roswell incident for one, has been rumored to have had a recovered alien craft found and reverse engineered. Few things that came out within a few years of the crash...Velcro = Supposely what held the alien clothing together, night vision = apparently was a contact lense that went over the eyes of aliens to give them sight at night. Small micro chips...before the 1950's our electronics were HUGE. Fiber optics...again before the 1950's -60's we were never able to turn...only go in a straight line...Hey this is all very intersting...may be true may not...I believe it to be true...OK...now you all can come after me....lmao

I know I am about to take a bashing for this one but fock it....I think/from what I have read...that we have already been contacted by intelligent life. The Roswell incident for one, has been rumored to have had a recovered alien craft found and reverse engineered. Few things that came out within a few years of the crash...Velcro = Supposely what held the alien clothing together, night vision = apparently was a contact lense that went over the eyes of aliens to give them sight at night. Small micro chips...before the 1950's our electronics were HUGE. Fiber optics...again before the 1950's -60's we were never able to turn...only go in a straight line...Hey this is all very intersting...may be true may not...I believe it to be true...OK...now you all can come after me....lmao

I call bullchit. Algore invented velcro.

One of the most amazing pieces of evidence is this photo of a piece of paper in an Army officer's hand in 1947

The most dramatic pieces of evidence came in the form of a piece of paper in an Army officer's hand in a 1947 photo. A computer enhancement of the photo read about victims and a crashed disk in the old memo. There wouldn't be any victims in a weather balloon, nor would you associate "Disk" with one. The pic shows the the officer holding a telegram which was enlarged and enhanced so it could be read. :doublethumbsup:

even if there is "intelligent life" somewhere out there, who's to say that we aren't the most intelligent and advanced?

we are waiting for some other life form to contact us. Well, what if other planets are banking on the same thing by their civilization? we certainly aren't capable of traveling light years away, so isn't it kinda naieve for us to think that some other "beings" are capable of that?

not saying that I believe this, just giving another point of view on the whole thing is all.