Sign in to follow this  
22 years ago today, R. Budd Dwyer eats bullet...

I saw that video for the 1st time ever a couple years back.... i think on the 20th ann. someone here posted it.

what a focked up video. I give the guy credit for having the sack to do it though. I wish more crooked politicians would eat a bullet.

I love the guy saying "don't panic, don't panic" :rolleyes:

Dude just blew his brains all over the ceiling, don't panic though!

I'm askeered to watch. :thumbsdown:

I am the last person in the world that watches "gross" videos.. guys snapping legs, breaking arms etc..

this is pretty focked up, but I felt it was a must watch after reading the description.. i've seen it twice now and both times I am like :rolleyes:

...on live national TV...

No....local Philly stations maybe, not national. In fact, I don't even think it was shown live at all. News crews were there to tape it for the evening newscasts. Some stations chose to air the whole thing, others stopped it just before the gunshot.

I'm not from Philly, I've never been there, but that's how I remember it.

No....local Philly stations maybe, not national. In fact, I don't even think it was shown live at all. News crews were there to tape it for the evening newscasts. Some stations chose to air the whole thing, others stopped it just before the gunshot.

I'm not from Philly, I've never been there, but that's how I remember it.

Ah yes, my bad...

Ugh...I just watched it. The amount of blood coming out his nose was crazy. :dunno: :cry:

the gapping hole in the top of his melon was what made me :(

the gapping hole in the top of his melon was what made me :dunno:

Can you imagine that in super slow motion? Watching that magnum bullet break through the skull?

I am the last person in the world that watches "gross" videos.. guys snapping legs, breaking arms etc..

this is pretty focked up, but I felt it was a must watch after reading the description.. i've seen it twice now and both times I am like :dunno:

+1

I never saw it from this angle, with the gory aftermath. I remember seeing it from an angle in front and a little to the right of the guy, then it stopped just after the gunshot without showing his body afterward.

Good find...

Before he left his house that morning to give the speech, his wife told him "now don't go shootin your mouth off".

Before he left his house that morning to give the speech, his wife told him "now don't go shootin your mouth off".

Post of the day. :shocking:

Is there a really good reason why he found it necessary to do this on live TV? This will haunt his family for the rest of their days. :thumbsdown:

I love the guy saying "don't panic, don't panic" :dunno:

Dude just blew his brains all over the ceiling, don't panic though!

Yeah, just call the doctor. :nono:

Is there a really good reason why he found it necessary to do this on live TV? This will haunt his family for the rest of their days. :nono:

Tough to say for certain, clearly he could have gone somewhere else where no one had to endure the trama of seeing this.

I suspect it was equal parts anger and a desire to make a spectacle of it also......to gain some notoriety.

The snowfall on that day meant pretty much every kid in the state was at home, so they all had opportunity to be exposed to this; and lets not forget everyone present, and those who had to carry his carcass away, and clean up the mess....

In the end, the guy seems to feel that he was genuinely the target and victim of a political hack job, even the judge was oddly gleeful when he was convicted.....it was such a strange thing.....

Most people assume he did it because it allowed his family to have access to his pension, which helped to payoff the big costs of his legal defense

Holy sh1t. I've never seen that before. After watching it, my face was literally :headbanger:

That's the first time I have ever actually watched that video.

Holy sh!t. I had never even heard of this. That is crazy.

Ugh...I just watched it. The amount of blood coming out his nose was crazy. :rolleyes: :cry:

Is it the garden hose variety of blood flow aka Clint Malarchuk?

OH, HEY MAN....nice shot. :overhead: More people from Philly should do it...Ed Rendell, Chris Matthews...

I've known about this for years and seen the more edited videos but this was the first time I saw the video from the cameraman who didn't take his camera off of Dwyer after the shot was fired. The blood coming out of the nose was pretty amazing.

Gimme a badness scale. I've seen two girls one cup, but human suicide is a bit more disturbing, no?

also, I've never heard of this before. :shocking:

Gimme a badness scale. I've seen two girls one cup, but human suicide is a bit more disturbing, no?

also, I've never heard of this before. :music_guitarred:

I would never watch 2 girls 1 cup, ever. as stated above, I have seen this twice.

I would participate in 2 girls 1 cup. as stated above, I have done this twice.

:music_guitarred:

Is there a really good reason why he found it necessary to do this on live TV? This will haunt his family for the rest of their days. :unsure:

His family hell, I won't sleep for a week, freaky!! :lol:

also, I've never heard of this before. :unsure:

Very disturbing IMO, sad part is I watched it once and it was bad. Then I watched it again and now I can taste and smell blood?! I don't even know what blood smells like?!

Watching it once, bad. Watching it twice, disturbing. Three times, can't go it.