Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

JETS talking smack to PATS

"You go out from the first quarter on, from the first play on, and try to embarrass them," Rhodes said, according to the New York Daily News. "Not just go out there and try to win, try to embarrass them. Try to make them feel bad when they leave here. We don't want to just beat them. We want to send a message to them, 'We're not backing down from you and we expect to win this game, and it's not going to be luck, it's not going to be a mistake.' "

"We will hit him more than six times. I promise you that," Rhodes said, according to the Daily News.

not that i think Brady and the Pats need any extra motivation but i think this helps :wall: i hope they come out Sunday and play like they did in 2007 and run the score up on their trash talking shiety team. :dunno: ive got Brady and Moss in one league and Moss in a bunch others so i hope they put some points on the board and get me some Ws

of on a different subject. does anyone else really like to have monday night people playing :dunno: especially when i am playing someone that has a monday night player or 2 ill change kickers just to make sure i have atleast one player playing. is it just me or do other people think that way????

I really can't believe it. I've been shocked by it all day. I would not be happy if I was a Jets fan.

Most of the time bulletin board material isn't that great but this is really great. Who wouldn't be motivated by somebody trying to embarrass them? How could it not sharpen your edge, stoke your fire and rev your engines? The Patriots are known to respond to the smallest perceived smack talk with their best performances, knowing that they have the Jets coming at them to embarrass them is going to bring out the best on Sunday.

I know that this is the talk of the day around here and before these quotes many thought the game would be a high scoring physical close game a 7-10 pt win somewhere around 31-21 or 27-17. Everyone I know now thinks we are looking at a Pats blowout. Only time will tell.

Pats 31-Jets 0

I really can't believe it. I've been shocked by it all day. I would not be happy if I was a Jets fan.

Most of the time bulletin board material isn't that great but this is really great. Who wouldn't be motivated by somebody trying to embarrass them? How could it not sharpen your edge, stoke your fire and rev your engines? The Patriots are known to respond to the smallest perceived smack talk with their best performances, knowing that they have the Jets coming at them to embarrass them is going to bring out the best on Sunday.

I know that this is the talk of the day around here and before these quotes many thought the game would be a high scoring physical close game a 7-10 pt win somewhere around 31-21 or 27-17. Everyone I know now thinks we are looking at a Pats blowout. Only time will tell.

Pats 31-Jets 0

i hope you are wrong :dunno: i hope it is about 45-3 :shocking:

like in the movie Remember the Titans, "run in up Herman leave no doubt"

well something like that :cheers: here is BB on sunday!!!!!!!

THAT VIDEO GETS ME FIRED UP :shocking:

That's good but the best halftime speech ever was during last years National Championship as

And who can forget this motivator about using

no speech will get you more fired up than this

i use this video to get me a WIN when i need one real bad and its worked everytime <_<

I can't recall a team talking so much sheit over the second regular season game in all my 40 + years. What a joke, even if they win it's only week two. I guess when you're the red-headed stepchild of a team any victory over them is huge to you. <_<

That's good but the best halftime speech ever was during last years National Championship as

Good lord. What a ######. <_<

Well, I thought it was going to be a good game, and that the Jets really had a shot. Not so much now.

Rhodes needs to learn to keep his big trap shut. He's a good player, but if you can't become a household name playing in New York there's a problem.

Really guys? you think any of this matters?

I mean I understand Patriots fans don't get to hear anything from their coaches and players with the tight lipped regime and all and its worked quite well but to think that the Jets have less of a chance or that the Patriots are extra motivated by a few comments is absurd.

These are professional football teams with quite a bit of history. Bellicheck is a spiteful guy and you know both sides are amped up for this game anyway.

As a Jet fan, I don't expect the Jets to win this game. They have a shot, but Im not placing any bets.

I sort of expect Patriots fans to gloat alot if the Pats win, even though all of them right now will say "even if the Jets win, its only week 2" and so on to cover their asses. I am honestly just excited to have a coach who seems to give a damn and have some passion after 3 years of tight lipped Mangini. Im glad Ryan is cocky and shows confidence in his team and players.

This is football

i think it will be closer than people expect.. the patriots defense looked pretty awful most of the game, if it wasn't for the bills lack luster offense they would of won that game... the Patriots aren't as good as the '07 team this year because their defense doesn't look near as good after losing Bruschi, Seymour, Hobbs, Harrison, and Vrabel... that was the heart and soul of their team just gone all in the same year

i think it will be closer than people expect.. the patriots defense looked pretty awful most of the game, if it wasn't for the bills lack luster offense they would of won that game... the Patriots aren't as good as the '07 team this year because their defense doesn't look near as good after losing Bruschi, Seymour, Hobbs, Harrison, and Vrabel... that was the heart and soul of their team just gone all in the same year

I'm kind of thinking this too.

What, exactly, is the difference between the NYJ vs. the Pats at home as opposed to the Bills vs the Pats in Foxboro (besides the availability of nearby clam chowder, I mean)?

As bizarre waiver pickups would have it. I start this week:

Brady

Welker

Watson

Jets D.

Half my lineup plays in this game.

Oh boy.

Really guys? you think any of this matters?

I mean I understand Patriots fans don't get to hear anything from their coaches and players with the tight lipped regime and all and its worked quite well but to think that the Jets have less of a chance or that the Patriots are extra motivated by a few comments is absurd.

Are you serious asking if this matters? Did you just start watching the Patriots play recently? It's a recent fact that anytime a player talks smack about the Patriots they end up looking foolish on Sports Center Sunday night. This article is a quick tale of Belichick and his philosophy on bulletin board material but I also wanted to point out that recently Freddie Mitchell, TO, and some DB I can't remember from Pittsburgh all got what they had coming to them after talking smack about the Pats.

So if you ask me if it makes a difference I'm saying yes. A huge difference. Futhermore I think the refs will be quick to throw a flag if the Jets even come close to Brady. Saying they ARE going to hit Brady more than 6 times sounds a bit like a QB bounty to me, certainly Belichick will bring it to their attention.

The Jets should learn to keep their mouths shut but The Pats are not some invincible entity that teams fear. Fock them. Their D sucks and One good hit to that knee of Bradys and its back to the reconstructive knee clinic for Tommy. Lets not forget that the Pats cheat too. Oh yeah.

I hope the game is good...but if the Pats try that run up the score sh!t, Id simply "correct" the situation with a cheap shot. Its as simple as that.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact of Sanchez being a rookie going up against a top notch coach and a Qb like Brady. I feel the Jets have the better defense and are the quicker team overall.

But that usually means nothing for the Jets vs the Pats.

For the Jets to win I think they need to have D.Clowney and Brad Smith play a big roll on offense. I also think rb S.Green needs to play a roll. If those two wr's are more involved this week, they could pull it off.

Sanchez needs to maintain and not try to be a hero. Control the clock and play solid defense.

Are you serious asking if this matters? Did you just start watching the Patriots play recently? It's a recent fact that anytime a player talks smack about the Patriots they end up looking foolish on Sports Center Sunday night. This article is a quick tale of Belichick and his philosophy on bulletin board material but I also wanted to point out that recently Freddie Mitchell, TO, and some DB I can't remember from Pittsburgh all got what they had coming to them after talking smack about the Pats.

So if you ask me if it makes a difference I'm saying yes. A huge difference. Futhermore I think the refs will be quick to throw a flag if the Jets even come close to Brady. Saying they ARE going to hit Brady more than 6 times sounds a bit like a QB bounty to me, certainly Belichick will bring it to their attention.

Yes, just recently I began watching the Pats play. Monday night was the first time actually.

:overhead:

Thats the kind of coach Bill is. Like I said before, this is one of the biggest rivalries in football with all the side stories between these two teams since Parcells left N.E. None of this talk is going to fire up the Pats much more than they already were.

Look, the Jets could very well end up looking foolish. And if that happens I know you will claim it was because of the "smacktalk". I won't be able to convince you that it didn't matter much so I wont try.

Jets could win this game. Did you see them annihilate the Texans in Houston? Sanchez will probably throw two picks but if they can bounce back from them with lunatic defense and solid offense they can stay in it. David Harris will be all over Brady.

Something that could really hurt the Jets: the devastating screen passes that neutralize the blitz. Faulk or whoever can rip off chunks in that situation.

Sanchez showed poise and mobility to avoid sacks. But then again this is Bellichek so devious schemes could take Sanchez by surprise.

Should be a great game, meadowlands will be rocking

I think the Pats win, but the Jets cannot be discounted--even with the smack talk. They look like a much better team this year and, like others have mentioned, the Pats D appears to be mediocre or perhaps even sub-par. The offense wasn't even very good against Buffalo until the 4th quarter. So if the Jets D comes up big early and disrupts the Pats offense, it could get ugly.

I actually think the Jets win this one. Would I put my housenote on it? No; I would not bet against ol' BB unless someone said he was going to win Mr. Congeniality or some other humanitarian award.

That being said, I hope the Pats light it up with Moss all day long. I needz a win.

Lets not forget that the Pats cheat too. Oh yeah.

Let's not forget that recent $125,000 fine leveled on the Jet's for what amounts to Cheating <_<

Id simply "correct" the situation with a cheap shot.

Because I'm an asshat. :overhead:

I'm interested in this game. The Pats looked horrible most of that Monday game and didn't deserve to win. And the Jets can't be as good as we saw against Houston. It'll be interesting to see how the Pats react to Monday night. I was expecting them to crush Buffalo, but their defense was horrible and their offense took over a half to get going. I think the Pats win but I'm not as convinced after seeing the Buffalo game.

This is more the Jets trying to convince themselves than anything.

I agree with this.

Ryan is playing a psychological game with his team and trying to change the mindset as it relates to the Pats. Saying, we're not here to kiss your rings and talk about how great you are, we're here to kick your azz. What we're seeing now with the recent comments is the players buying into it. Even if all of the quotes they made prolly arent the best things to be saying in the media and could get thrown back at them if they lose I get what they are doing.

As for the Pats, they have been good at taking any perceived slight, no matter how small, and getting that extra lil bit of motivation. As a Brady and Moss owner I hope it works to the tune of somethin like 6 combined TDs and a lot of points.

But I dont know. I think that Brady still getting comfortable with his knee, Pats D being mediocre and banged up, and the Jets D looks pretty damn good right now will be much more significant factors than any bulletin board material provided in the middle of the week.

it's simple really.

The Patriots are where the Jets want to be. The Jets are insecure so they talk smack. They have never been there before and they talk crap.

Nomad:

"Let's not forget that recent $125,000 fine leveled on the Jet's for what amounts to Cheating"

This coming from the Patriots who listed Tom Brady as questionable with a shoulder injury every game for what...5 years? What happened the first week they took him off???? Oh that's right, he tore up his knee :shocking:

I'm sure the Patriots reeeaaallllyyy take those injury reports seriously :thumbsdown:

Holy sh!t, since when are the Patriots the second coming of Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay Packers?

The guy's trying to fire his team up and letting the Patriots know that they're not afraid of the Patriots.

If a professional athlete needs bulletin board material to fire him up for a game, he probably should retire from football.

And judging by the game against Buffalo, New England is very beatable, especially with an average defense.

New England should win. They're supposed to win.

Just another Boston sports fan looking for attention.

Nothing to see here. :shocking:

it's simple really.

The Patriots are where the Jets want to be. The Jets are insecure so they talk smack. They have never been there before and they talk crap.

What, a year removed from missing the playoffs?

This is more the Jets trying to convince themselves than anything.

:shocking:

It's about attitude more than anything.

If you look back to his dad, Buddy, he did the same damn thing in Chicago and Philly.

Conversely, Ryan did it with his defense in Baltimore.

I don't get the artificial outrage here.

What, 3 super bowl victories this decade and being the odds on favorite in vegas to win the super bowl this year?

exactly :shocking:

Karma baby, how's that jail cell Plax? :shocking:

If Plax's jail cell was Karma then so was Brady's shattered knee. Karma's a ######.

As a Steelers fan who remembers 2 years ago, it's not a good idea to be boastful against Brady and Moss...just keep your trap shut and yell all you want after you win...

I agree with this.

Ryan is playing a psychological game with his team and trying to change the mindset as it relates to the Pats. Saying, we're not here to kiss your rings and talk about how great you are, we're here to kick your azz. What we're seeing now with the recent comments is the players buying into it. Even if all of the quotes they made prolly arent the best things to be saying in the media and could get thrown back at them if they lose I get what they are doing.

Thank you. None of tha Pats fans seem capable of grasping this concept.

Thank you. None of tha Pats fans seem capable of grasping this concept.

Except maybe the Pats fan who first suggested it. <_<

But I dont know. I think that Brady still getting comfortable with his knee, Pats D being mediocre and banged up, and the Jets D looks pretty damn good right now will be much more significant factors than any bulletin board material provided in the middle of the week.

Without Mayo I'm not sure they're even mediocre, though I do think part of what happened Monday was a result of their scheme.

I think Brady looked much more comfortable in the second half, and was stepping and throwing the ball with authority.

Jets D does look very good. Sanchez did too, but he's still a rookie and figures to hit some bumps in the road. This should be a great game as it will pit strength against strength in the Pats O and Jets D, and weakness against weakness in the Pats D and the Jets O.

Looking forward to it. :wub:

Except maybe the Pats fan who first suggested it. :wub:

which one? sorry if I missed it.

All I saw was a bunch of people saying that the Jets needed to shut their mouths because the Patriots eat up bulletin board material. And that somehow the Patriots were going to be extra fired up even though its already a well heated division rivalry.

I didn't notice any of the Pats fans suggesting why Rex Ryan would make such comments.