Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Bears Fan!

Losing record? Check.

Lost 4 of the last 5 games? Check.

Quit during Bengals game? Check.

Mouthy fans venturing into threads of other fans to brag about nonexistant success? Check.

Fans that will disappear until they win a game? Check.

Eagles and Vikings on deck? Uh, oh.

:headbanger:

I was driving through Chicagoland about a month ago.....listened to some radio sports show, where every caller was like "Da' Bears are way bedder dan da Vikings.....Dis team hasn't even played da way they're capable of playing......Dis team is da best team in da NFC."

Morons.

Maybe you can trade for an offensive line.....and a receiver.....and a secondary.....to go with the franchise QB you sold your soul for last year.

Have fun rebuilding for the next few years......with a new coaching staff.

:unsure:

This team is not very good right now. That was painful to watch yesterday. That one interception at the goalline, two other Niners would have caught it before it would have reached a Bear. Josh McDaniel is looking like a freaking genius.

This team is not very good right now. That was painful to watch yesterday. That one interception at the goalline, two other Niners would have caught it before it would have reached a Bear. Josh McDaniel is looking like a freaking genius.

This!

also, Cutler is shell shocked. not that any NFL QB has the right to be shell shocked, but he is. He can't get his feet set, is constantly throwing off his left foot, isn't reading well and is hurried. Those are all problems, but they start up front. The bears are about 2 years away from a great team, but that is assuming good coaching, free agent moves, and drafting. I'm not sure that is possible with the current regime. My hope is that they blow it all up and bring in the home town hero mike shanny to do both jobs. My fear is that its just another year of the same.

This!

also, Cutler is shell shocked. not that any NFL QB has the right to be shell shocked, but he is. He can't get his feet set, is constantly throwing off his left foot, isn't reading well and is hurried. Those are all problems, but they start up front. The bears are about 2 years away from a great team, but that is assuming good coaching, free agent moves, and drafting. I'm not sure that is possible with the current regime. My hope is that they blow it all up and bring in the home town hero mike shanny to do both jobs. My fear is that its just another year of the same.

How is Cutler shell shocked? This is who he is......it's who he was in Denver, and he continues to make the same mistakes. He's in love with his arm and isn't a smart QB.....he's a frontrunner who looks good when things are going well, but is horrible when the road gets bumpy. Shell shocked players don't pout and sulk and whine like he does.....he's never been a part of a winning team.....I wonder why.

Combine that with the fact that the Bears have huge holes along the O-line, in their secondary, and at reciever and they are more than two years away from being a great team.....maybe a winning team, but a great team, not a chance.

This!

not to nitpick, but Cutler is a right handed QB. Right handed QB's are supposed to throw off their left foot. The right foot is the plant foot and is placed behind. The left foot is the step foot that the QB uses to step into his throw to generate forward motion. QB's typically end up with their weight on their left foot at the end of the throw. I'm sure you mean he's throwing off his back foot (right foot). Ok son, how elbow high, step forward into the throw point with the your finger as your letting go, ball high as it goes by your head, bring hand down on follow through. There ya go!

Ok, seven year old instructions (and sarcasm) aside, Cutler's mechanics suck. He's not stepping into his throws and is relying way too much on the arm strength. And I agree, a lot of it has to do with his protection. One thing that a lot of people don't realize is how good the line in Denver was and how great the protection it offered Cutler was. He's another QB who has a tendency to hold the ball too long because he has too much trust in his arm. He could get away with it in Denver where his line afforded him all kinds of time and he was rarely touched. Now he's forcing stuff to avoid the pressure.

He could get away with it in Denver where his line afforded him all kinds of time and he was rarely touched. Now he's forcing stuff to avoid the pressure.

Didn't he lead the league in picks last year too?

He's got the talent, but he doesn't understand the game like he should. He makes way too many dumb decisions. And one of the criticisms of Cutler coming into the season was whether or not a team can win with the guy. If he doesn't get it pretty soon, he'll make good teams average, and average teams bad.....just like the 2009 Chicago Bears.

do you want to actually talk about it, or is this just another sweetness drive-by?

I love drive bys' :angry:

Chicago needed a last minute TD to beat a Senaca Wallace led Seattle team, with 8 other starters out.

With, a tuesday morning apology from the NFL stating that they blew 2 calls.

The first was on Forte's fumble we recovered, and then he scored on the next play.

The second was the actual game winning TD to Hester, when Chicago's Oline jumped offsides and the play stayed alive.

While Philly can mix humor into his words. I'm more to the point.

Sweetness is a message board scumbag. This piece of garbage troll is the reason we've (Mike) has been losing quality posters to footballguys left and right over the last several years.

If this jerk had any once of pride, he'd do the right thing. Watch the Bears SuperBowl winning season on DVD 1 more time. Have a tall glass of his favorite beverage, then blow his head off.

I for one am glad we won't hear back from this waste of life untill his sh!tty Bears win another game.

:overhead:

So if the guys running the show in Green Bay are "Dumb and Dumber" what would you call the Chicago braintrust? Trading for a cocky, talented, unseasoned, unproven QB and surrounding him with a compost heap of an offense and some very weak coaches, including one of the worst head coaches in the league.

1st round draft picks and all that money...and Duh Bears are no better off then they were with Rex Grossman. Runnin in circles baby!! :unsure:

Look at ol sweetness the doosh trying to justify the fact that the Bears suck:

The acquisition of Cutler by the Bears was not just for this year. It was for the next decade Give him a decent OL and then you will see what happens. I expected this to be a year for the O to sync up with Cutler anyways. I am pleased that Hester, Knox and Bennett have all progressed this year. So hopefully if the Bears fix the OL some this off season, then with Urlacher back next year, I expect a playoff year.

:lol:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...1332&st=200

Oh wait this sweetness line is even better:

I guess losing Urlacher means nothing. It's not like he is a probowl player or anything. Maybe now the folks who thought Urlacher was over-rated will learn something.

Now he's blaming the Bears troubles on Ulracher being injured. On ONE player being injured. :lol: This cumguzzling doosh bag hypocrite is too much!!!

:lol:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...;#entry11105489

How is Cutler shell shocked? This is who he is......it's who he was in Denver, and he continues to make the same mistakes. He's in love with his arm and isn't a smart QB.....he's a frontrunner who looks good when things are going well, but is horrible when the road gets bumpy. Shell shocked players don't pout and sulk and whine like he does.....he's never been a part of a winning team.....I wonder why.

+1

Cutler's whole career is about style over substance.

His college teams didn't win, but that was never his fault. Competition too tough in the conference. Yet we see truly great players elevate programs of all sizes for a short while.

He got drafted based on his arm and potential, that mixed with everyone's desperation to find an alternative to the big 2 QB's in that class.

Couldn't win in Denver because of the talent level. Funny, though their early season success is a bit of a mirage imo, but the talent there looks good enough to win the division with Kyle Freakin' Orton at QB.

He is exactly what he's always been: a guy with a big arm who can't win more games than he loses. But he'll be around a while. NFL types aren't quick to admit they made a mistake.

not to nitpick, but Cutler is a right handed QB. Right handed QB's are supposed to throw off their left foot. The right foot is the plant foot and is placed behind. The left foot is the step foot that the QB uses to step into his throw to generate forward motion. QB's typically end up with their weight on their left foot at the end of the throw. I'm sure you mean he's throwing off his back foot (right foot). Ok son, how elbow high, step forward into the throw point with the your finger as your letting go, ball high as it goes by your head, bring hand down on follow through. There ya go!

Ok, seven year old instructions (and sarcasm) aside, Cutler's mechanics suck. He's not stepping into his throws and is relying way too much on the arm strength. And I agree, a lot of it has to do with his protection. One thing that a lot of people don't realize is how good the line in Denver was and how great the protection it offered Cutler was. He's another QB who has a tendency to hold the ball too long because he has too much trust in his arm. He could get away with it in Denver where his line afforded him all kinds of time and he was rarely touched. Now he's forcing stuff to avoid the pressure.

I mean he is starting his motion off his left foot. You obviously haven't ever played or coached. One of the first things they teach you when you play QB is "right hand, right foot". you don't throw off your lead foot you follow through it. you throw off your plant foot.

that and you are an ass.. thanks for playing.

I didn't catch the game...What happened?

Cutler did what any great QB does, spread the ball around. He found and open CB, two open safeties, and remarkably an open DL guy. That's not easy to do. :music_guitarred:

Cutler did what any great QB does, spread the ball around. He found and open CB, two open safeties, and remarkably an open DL guy. That's not easy to do. :music_guitarred:

I really didn't watch it, but I heard about 5 ints...Is this true? If so, then :headbanger:

Cutler did what any great QB does, spread the ball around. He found and open CB, two open safeties, and remarkably an open DL guy. That's not easy to do. :headbanger:

This is perhaps one of the funniest things I have read in awhile. :music_guitarred:

not to nitpick but this is incorrect.

I'd like to say that Sweetness is in the Dumb and Dumber thread after the Packers devastating loss to the Cowboys, but he's not there either....

I think he's still in Door County :mellow:

I'd like to say that Sweetness is in the Dumb and Dumber thread after the Packers devastating loss to the Cowboys, but he's not there either....

I think he's still in Door County :doh:

He has turned up in the Seahawks thread. Like the guy that tries to take the breathalyzer test with answers of True/False.

Bears to miss out on best of 2010 draft

Monday, November 16, 2009 | Print Entry

Adam Schefter answers readers' questions nearly every day in his blog. Have a query of your own? Submit it here.

Q: I am really concerned about the state of the Chicago Bears not just now but also for the next several years. You win the game in trenches, yet their O- and D-lines are mediocre thanks to Jerry Angelo, who has neglected drafting O-line for years. Instead, he gives away draft picks for mediocre players and drafts players who can't even contribute and sit on the bench instead. I always felt that the way their ownership has done business is being reflected in the product on the field right now. Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo are just average football people. Please give your honest assessment of this franchise good or bad.

--Steven (Yokosuka, Japan)

A: Here's what concerns me, Steven: No. 1, Jay Cutler looks as if he has any number of issues to work through, as a player and a person. He's good enough and young enough that he certainly can. But there's a lot of work to be done there. Also, not only did the Bears give up a first-round pick in the upcoming draft for Cutler, in what will be one of the best drafts in years, they also gave up their second-round pick for defensive end Gaines Adams. Now, in this great draft, the Bears are not scheduled to pick until Round 3. And when the offensive line is as weak as you and others say, and there is no big wide receiver to get the football to, there are some questions about how long it might take the Bears to improve.

Tremendous team management on the part of the Bears!! Yes it is an exciting time to be a fan of the Bears :doh: :)

This!

i say this in all sincerity, knowing full well the clusterfock that is the lions: i'm damn glad the bears beat out the lions for the services of cutler.

with the bears not having any day 1 picks next year...and if the lions have another solid draft like this year...dare might lion fans dream of the lions overtaking the bears next year for 3rd? :lol:

with the bears not having any day 1 picks next year...and if the lions have another solid draft like this year...dare might lion fans dream of the lions overtaking the bears next year for 3rd? :lol:

Why wait for next year? They could pull off a standings jump this year.

This!

:doublethumbsup:

At least you went on to basically say "if everything goes perfect".

:pointstosky:

with the bears not having any day 1 picks next year...and if the lions have another solid draft like this year...dare might lion fans dream of the lions overtaking the bears next year for 3rd? :doublethumbsup:

The Lions future is much brighter than the Bears. The Bears are sinking faster than the Titanic. The Lions could definitely pass them this year.

Cutler was never a great QB and most likely never will be. In his 4th year? He shouldn't be throwing picks left and right like a rookie. After all the years of never having even a decent QB, I guess the Bears got desperate.

with the bears not having any day 1 picks next year...and if the lions have another solid draft like this year...dare might lion fans dream of the lions overtaking the bears next year for 3rd? :pointstosky:

quite possibly yes.

BTW...what is up with Kevin Smith....so much potential IMO...but man he can't hold on to the ball and then they give up on him quick when he does put one on the turf.

quite possibly yes.

BTW...what is up with Kevin Smith....so much potential IMO...but man he can't hold on to the ball and then they give up on him quick when he does put one on the turf.

he might be better suited to be part of a duo or a complement rb than "the" guy. the entire offense sucks donkey balls this year. some of that is having a (gimpy) rookie qb...but they should be connecting the dots a little better than they are. the o-line could be better but it hasn't been horrid, either.

stafford and his growing pains aside, i expected a linehan offense to move the ball a tad better than this.

one big problem: wr drops. i'm talking 5-6 a game right in the hands. simply dreadful this year doing that.