Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Well, what is disappointing to me is that I spend a lot of time looking at all the small details as well. But I guess those easter eggs were exactly what they were....easter eggs. Widmore's painting of the island in his office is just a painting. Libby being in the crazy house is just because she is crazy. The numbers are just because jacob had a thing for numbers.

Not happy about that part. But overall, its been a really fun ride.

The moving shot thing is a laughable criticism.

The boat...not so sure the boat arrived the same in multiple timelines...

Eko was not a candidate...whats your problem with MIB being able to kill.

Kate...another laughable criticism.

MIB left the island? Link?

Ben...it was obvious that MIB had been controlling him for a while. You call it wiggling out...most call it the obvious answer.

When was MIB/Smokey in multiple places at once?

Most of your criticisms you list I don't even recall as actually ever happening.

Much less a sign of poor writing.

Ben got shot in the heart one episode. The next week, Juliet was treating a wound in his stomach on the opposite side of his torso, about 2 feet in the wrong spot. I howled with rage at that glaring bullsh!t. Ben was dead, in some timeline. Just not the one I was watching.

The boat was so close to the shore, I could have swam there in about 30 minutes. Once, high noon. Then the midnight storm.

Eko...#49 according to the cave screen caps.

When someone died or was eliminated, they got crossed off. Turns out, Jacob says it's no big deal. Goodwin, Pickett, Burke, Littleton, Linus...means nothing.

MIB left the island at least 3 times. As Christian to Jack Season 4 in the hospital. As Libby to Michael in a hospital. As Christian to Michael on the freighter. Aside from that and all the time he spend on Hydra island, he is not allowed to leave LOST island.

Smokie has been manipulating Ben since they came back to the island. However, Ben did call the Monster in Season 4. Wiggling.

MIB was Christian when talking to Sun and Frank at the orientation station on LOST island after the Ajira crash, and was entertaining Ben, Caesar, and Ilana back on Hydra island at the same time. MIB was rattling around on the ships deck while Isabel was talking to a chained up Richard in the Black Rock and then when she ran up the stairs, the monster attacked itself. While MIB was running around the island with Sawyer and attacking the Others at the Temple, something purged the Ajira survivors, very likely to the MIB.

Eko must have already been determined not to be a candidate if MIB killed him...which he did.

MIB can't kill Jacob or one of the candidates, crossed off or not. He has to get someone else to do it. Manipulate.

Once again, i think we all just had our expectations too high. I have also been disappointed with some of the big answers, but, it's a show guys. I think the fact that people invested so much into a show actually shows how great of a show it was.

Sheesh. Get over criticizing me for using message boards to learn things about this damn show. If you have never used the internet to get more info on LOST, then you have missed a lot if i were betting. LOST is an internet era show defined.

Im criticising you for whining about the writing on the show for something you possibly read on a message board, rather than something you actually saw on the show.

I read some of the stuff online...not as much as I used to...but no, I have not missed much at all.

I think there is a difference between reading things...to look for more info...and using something you think you read to whine about the writing on the show.

Ben got shot in the heart one episode. The next week, Juliet was treating a wound in his stomach on the opposite side of his torso, about 2 feet in the wrong spot. I howled with rage at that glaring bullsh!t. Ben was dead, in some timeline. Just not the one I was watching.

The boat was so close to the shore, I could have swam there in about 30 minutes. Once, high noon. Then the midnight storm.

Eko...#49 according to the cave screen caps.

When someone died or was eliminated, they got crossed off. Turns out, Jacob says it's no big deal. Goodwin, Pickett, Burke, Littleton, Linus...means nothing.

MIB left the island at least 3 times. As Christian to Jack Season 4 in the hospital. As Libby to Michael in a hospital. As Christian to Michael on the freighter. Aside from that and all the time he spend on Hydra island, he is not allowed to leave LOST island.

Smokie has been manipulating Ben since they came back to the island. However, Ben did call the Monster in Season 4. Wiggling.

MIB was Christian when talking to Sun and Frank at the orientation station on LOST island after the Ajira crash, and was entertaining Ben, Caesar, and Ilana back on Hydra island at the same time. MIB was rattling around on the ships deck while Isabel was talking to a chained up Richard in the Black Rock and then when she ran up the stairs, the monster attacked itself. While MIB was running around the island with Sawyer and attacking the Others at the Temple, something purged the Ajira survivors, very likely to the MIB.

Again...you assume what Jack saw and heard was MIB...you are the one assuming Libby was MIB.

The freighter was within the realm of the island...but I take those more as hallucinations more so than actual MIB...you assume it was MIB because that gives you time to whine about it.

And people do die...MIB killing Eko is no plot hole...we don't simply know if he was eliminated from being a candidate and allowed to be killed by MIB at that point. We don't know. But some of you assume...so then you complain about it.

And again...it seems clear his idea of "leaving the island" means to permanently leave the island.

Smokie has been manipulating Ben...Ben thinks he called him...but Smokie did what he wanted. Those were Widmore's men you know...and he had to save Ben so he could use him.

MIB was Christian when talking to Sun and Frank...but he was not with Ben Ceasar and Ilana at the same time.

The monster did not attack itself...you are going even crazier than normal here.

There are legit criticisms of this show...no doubt...but some of these are downright hilarious.

MIB can't kill Jacob or one of the candidates, crossed off or not. He has to get someone else to do it. Manipulate.

Where has anyone ever said that? They haven't. You are assuming again.

We have never really been told the rules.

Im criticising you for whining about the writing on the show for something you possibly read on a message board, rather than something you actually saw on the show.

I read some of the stuff online...not as much as I used to...but no, I have not missed much at all.

I think there is a difference between reading things...to look for more info...and using something you think you read to whine about the writing on the show.

I saw the show enough to know MIB isn't allowed to kill candidates.

As far as who all were candidates, yes I used the internet to finish whose on that list. If Philly says Eko's name was on the wall, I believe him. The guy has spent more time than the rest of us combined researching such things.

But whatever. That's just one item on a long list of items that illustrate piss poor writing. MIB being off the island several times is the bigger issue considering his inability to leave the island is the basis of the entire show conflict.

The most likely explanation is that the writers had no plan. They came up with MIB trying to get off the island storyline very late in the game and didn't realize/forgot that he'd already left. Just a very very very lazy/piss poor effort.

You also have to know and understand that MIB is NOT all those apparitions, Jacob as a kid is not MIB. Walt was not MIB. Maybe it only applies to kids? I am telling you, anyone who appeared off the island was not MIB. Hurley seeing dead people off the island was...well who knows, i think we are too assume he just has a gift.

We might not find out, which is unfortunate, but that is my theory.

I think this is what the writers wanted, as much as it angers a lot of people. They wanted to leave all of this up for interpretation, develop out own theories.

However, like MIB pointed out, there are some flat out glaring holes in the plot, unless there is something else at work here. The show is NOT over yet guys. After the finale is when you truly start criticizing.

Again...you assume what Jack saw and heard was MIB...you are the one assuming Libby was MIB.

The freighter was within the realm of the island...but I take those more as hallucinations more so than actual MIB...you assume it was MIB because that gives you time to whine about it.

And people do die...MIB killing Eko is no plot hole...we don't simply know if he was eliminated from being a candidate and allowed to be killed by MIB at that point. We don't know. But some of you assume...so then you complain about it.

And again...it seems clear his idea of "leaving the island" means to permanently leave the island.

Smokie has been manipulating Ben...Ben thinks he called him...but Smokie did what he wanted. Those were Widmore's men you know...and he had to save Ben so he could use him.

MIB was Christian when talking to Sun and Frank...but he was not with Ben Ceasar and Ilana at the same time.

The monster did not attack itself...you are going even crazier than normal here.

There are legit criticisms of this show...no doubt...but some of these are downright hilarious.

I assume MIB was Christian because he is the only one on the show that has been identified as a shape shifter, MIB claimed he was Christian, Claire confirmed MIB was Christian. Isn't that enough? When he told Michael he could go, and the ship blew up a second later, that wasn't real?

You cannot kill a candidate even when they are crossed off. When did you change the rules? Eko was a candidate, and got killed. Every other person Smokie has killed was not a candidate. Nobody else. But back in Season 3, I guess it was OK. Richard was not a candidate, so he died. Zoe, not a candidate. Ben is a candidate and is crossed off, but MIB doesn't kill him. Claire was a candidate, crossed off, still alive.

Go back and rewatch some old episodes. MIB was with Sun and Frank and with Ben and Ilana at the same time.

Go back and rewatch the Richard episode. Hell, even the enhanced episode called Isabel the smoke monster, and you see the smoke on the top deck of the ship. It attacked itself. The proof is in the pudding. Watch.

I assume MIB was Christian because he is the only one on the show that has been identified as a shape shifter, MIB claimed he was Christian, Claire confirmed MIB was Christian. Isn't that enough? When he told Michael he could go, and the ship blew up a second later, that wasn't real?

According to Sho Nuff, all that was just to throw you off.

Just because MIB is the only person that could logically be Christian, and because he said he was Christian, and because other people that spent long periods of time with him say he was Christian, and because the writers gave silly clues like smoke alarms going off when Christian appeared ....well, none of that indicates anything and frankly it's "laughable" that you'd assume MIB is Christian based on such weak evidence.

Duh. :first:

I saw the show enough to know MIB isn't allowed to kill candidates.

As far as who all were candidates, yes I used the internet to finish whose on that list. If Philly says Eko's name was on the wall, I believe him. The guy has spent more time than the rest of us combined researching such things.

But whatever. That's just one item on a long list of items that illustrate piss poor writing. MIB being off the island several times is the bigger issue considering his inability to leave the island is the basis of the entire show conflict.

The most likely explanation is that the writers had no plan. They came up with MIB trying to get off the island storyline very late in the game and didn't realize/forgot that he'd already left. Just a very very very lazy/piss poor effort.

You have seen nothing in the show that would say that MIB could not kill those who were no longer considered candidates is the point.

Its not piss poor writing though...thats the problem. You don't seem to understand what is piss poor writing...more of a piss poor assumption on your part that MIB can't kill people who were once candidates.

Him being off the island possibly twice is again an assumption at this point...nothing more.

The writers had a beginning plan and an end plan...getting there is another story for sure...but I do believe them when they claimed they knew the ending long ago.

To claim they just forgot that "he already left" is hilarious too.

Do you not realize how dumb that sounds for you to say?

Or how dumb they would have to be to forget this?

Or is it a better explanation that they led you to believe MIB left...or led you later to believe that what you saw was MIB...when it never really was.

Where has anyone ever said that? They haven't. You are assuming again.

We have never really been told the rules.

Yeah, and that is the whole freaking problem, we never will be told the rules that were supposed to be so important. Lame! I used to love this show until the writers got sloppy this season.

You cannot kill a candidate even when they are crossed off. When did you change the rules? Eko was a candidate, and got killed. Every other person Smokie has killed was not a candidate. Nobody else. But back in Season 3, I guess it was OK. Richard was not a candidate, so he died. Zoe, not a candidate. Ben is a candidate and is crossed off, but MIB doesn't kill him. Claire was a candidate, crossed off, still alive.

Go back and rewatch some old episodes. MIB was with Sun and Frank and with Ben and Ilana at the same time.

Go back and rewatch the Richard episode. Hell, even the enhanced episode called Isabel the smoke monster, and you see the smoke on the top deck of the ship. It attacked itself. The proof is in the pudding. Watch.

And the thing again...the ship was how far off shore? I don't think its too far of a stretch to think MIB could get out there somehow...though, he could not just fly over to Hydra...so that is a problem.

Could be michael seeing something before his death...but its hardly the same as seeing him in LA.

When did I change the rules? I didn't. We don't know all of the rules is the point. We know MIB cannot kill current candidates...we have no clue if he can kill someone who is no longer considered a candidate...that again is you assuming things.

MIB has not killed Ben because he is still using him.

I don't believe he was with both at the same time though...but I will go back and rewatch that at some point. That was also before Jacob died so at least we do know he was not locked into being Locke just yet.

And I don't think you see it attacking it self...but attacking its own aparition...letting Richard see something for his benefit.

Absorbing its own aparation...to claim that was MIB just being in two places at once is a bit of a stretch.

Notice I don't point out legit criticisms that have been made...there are plenty and you have hit on quite a few (bad acting being a main one). But some of the writing criticisms are just hilarious.

According to Sho Nuff, all that was just to throw you off.

Just because MIB is the only person that could logically be Christian, and because he said he was Christian, and because other people that spent long periods of time with him say he was Christian, and because the writers gave silly clues like smoke alarms going off when Christian appeared ....well, none of that indicates anything and frankly it's "laughable" that you'd assume MIB is Christian based on such weak evidence.

Duh. :first:

First off...there was no smoke alarm going off when Jack first thinks he sees his father at the hospital...I watched the scene this morning...and again...MIB does not equal just smoke that would set off some damn alarm...that is just a dumb statement...you have to realize this...no wait...you are too deeply sunk into your delusion.

Im saying when we have seen Christian on the Island...it was most definitely MIB...beyond that...we just don't know and it is based on assumptions.

But you keep up your whining...better yet...leave it to Philly...he is better at it and will at least bring some substance to the table.

Yeah, and that is the whole freaking problem, we never will be told the rules that were supposed to be so important. Lame! I used to love this show until the writers got sloppy this season.

Would I like to know the rules? Sure...do I get pissed that we have not been told every single minute detail about the Island and the show? No.

But see...complain that they did not tell us more about the rules or things...fine.

Complain that someone broke some rule we have never been told? That is lame.

You have seen nothing in the show that would say that MIB could not kill those who were no longer considered candidates is the point.

Its not piss poor writing though...thats the problem. You don't seem to understand what is piss poor writing...more of a piss poor assumption on your part that MIB can't kill people who were once candidates.

Him being off the island possibly twice is again an assumption at this point...nothing more.

The writers had a beginning plan and an end plan...getting there is another story for sure...but I do believe them when they claimed they knew the ending long ago.

To claim they just forgot that "he already left" is hilarious too.

Do you not realize how dumb that sounds for you to say?

Or how dumb they would have to be to forget this?

Or is it a better explanation that they led you to believe MIB left...or led you later to believe that what you saw was MIB...when it never really was.

I admit I'm doing a disservice to the writers when I claim they forgot/overlooked/etc the fact that MIB already left the island......It's a statement made with a purpose. It shows you where I'm at in terms of how I feel about the writers of the show right now.

If there is a better explanation and MIB never left the island, they have 2.5 hours to explain who that was then and why they lead us to believe it was MIB. I'll give them that opportunity to explain themselves in the finale. If they do it in a plausible way, I'll give them credit for doing so.

My guess is they won't even address it. And you'll keep making excuses claiming that wasn't MIB despite all evidence to the contrary.

I admit I'm doing a disservice to the writers when I claim they forgot/overlooked/etc the fact that MIB already left the island......It's a statement made with a purpose. It shows you where I'm at in terms of how I feel about the writers of the show right now.

If there is a better explanation and MIB never left the island, they have 2.5 hours to explain who that was then and why they lead us to believe it was MIB. I'll give them that opportunity to explain themselves in the finale. If they do it in a plausible way, I'll give them credit for doing so.

My guess is they won't even address it. And you'll keep making excuses claiming that wasn't MIB despite all evidence to the contrary.

Thing is...plenty of people don't think it was MIB that was off the island.

Evidence to the contrary? Your evidence is a smoke alarm.

:first:

My theories for the finale:

- Juliet will be Jack's ex wife and mother of his son

- The concert that the escaped Kate, Sayid, and Desmond are going to is the same as the one Jack's son is performing at.

- Miles' father's museum benefit is also this same concert

- Sawyer will end up at this concert as well (probably to track down the escapees)

- Fairday will also be at the concert as a performer (thus, Penny, Widmore, Elloise will probably be there)

- Thus, pretty much everyone from the island will be in the same place (still haven't figured out how everyone will get there)

- Juliet will see Sawyer and remember the other timeline, same with Jack/Kate, Charlie/Claire, Fairday/Charlotte, Desmond/Penny, etc.

- They will all see love or some such nonsense and make us throw up

- I also think Jack fixing Locke will have something to do with Smokey using Locke's body on the island.

Am I talking out my ass or what?

First off...there was no smoke alarm going off when Jack first thinks he sees his father at the hospital...I watched the scene this morning

Ummm..

Season 4, Ep 10.

Next at the hospital late the next night…a smoke alarm starts beeping with a low battery. He finds it, takes it out and then hears his name.

“Jack!”

Yikes. It’s dad, Christian Shephard, sitting in the lobby.

Do I need to find video proof? I remember it vividly. So you are either confused on what scene we are talking about, or you are lying in an effort to make a point.. :thumbsdown:

- The concert that the escaped Kate, Sayid, and Desmond are going to is the same as the one Jack's son is performing at.

- Sawyer will end up at this concert as well (probably to track down the escapees)

- Fairday will also be at the concert as a performer (thus, Penny, Widmore, Elloise will probably be there)

- Thus, pretty much everyone from the island will be in the same place (still haven't figured out how everyone will get there)

- Juliet will see Sawyer and remember the other timeline, same with Jack/Kate, Charlie/Claire, Fairday/Charlotte, Desmond/Penny, etc.

- I also think Jack fixing Locke will have something to do with Smokey using Locke's body on the island.

LOST

Fade to grey

I'm thinking the same exact thing. :highfive:

They'll also probably find a way to bring in Boone, Shannon, Rose, Bernard, Michael, Penny, Libby, Tom, former Dharma Lost island people working with Dr Chang like Radzinskly, Frogurt, Steve and Scott, and Zoe. They will cram it full of cameos.

I'm thinking the same exact thing. :highfive:

They'll also probably find a way to bring in Boone, Shannon, Rose, Bernard, Michael, Penny, Libby, Tom, former Dharma Lost island people working with Dr Chang like Radzinskly, Frogurt, Steve and Scott, and Zoe. They will cram it full of cameos.

Cool, now I don't need to bother watching it :thumbsdown:

alsonotreally

Yep. I pretty much agree with all of that. It'll be entertaining, even if I'm upset about the major plot holes.

Ummm..

Season 4, Ep 10.

Next at the hospital late the next night…a smoke alarm starts beeping with a low battery. He finds it, takes it out and then hears his name.

“Jack!”

Yikes. It’s dad, Christian Shephard, sitting in the lobby.

Do I need to find video proof? I remember it vividly. So you are either confused on what scene we are talking about, or you are lying in an effort to make a point.. :thumbsdown:

THAT is the scene you are talking about??? I am with shonuff on this one. Seems a little silly to think that was MIB off the island in this scene.

I think it's safe to say Jack hallucinated that one. Still doesn't explain the Christian that appeared to Sun at the Dharma place once MIB was already in Locke's body, though.

THAT is the scene you are talking about??? I am with shonuff on this one. Seems a little silly to think that was MIB off the island in this scene.

Why?

Christian was long dead at that point. MIB was Christian at other times. MIB told Jack he was Christian when jack asked. Claire said MIB was Christian. The smoke alarms were just a little clue from the writers.

Make an argument for it being anyone besides MIB.

you're really going out on a limb there :thumbsdown:

i'd be able to forgive several explanation holes if we see eko in the finale

i'll change this up and mention some of my favorite parts of the series:

-the moment we realized ethan was not on the flight, the whispers, when the losties saw the gray "others" aka tailies, when the tailies saw the feet of the others

-the desmond/jack conversation on the steps of the stadium and then seeing desmond in the hatch / libby in mental hospital / libby giving desmond the boat aka the ties from pre-crash

-everything smoke monster before we found out about smokie

-everything christian/cabin

-the black/white motif including the fade to white LOST background which was when my adrenaline hit all-time high

-mr. eko

-when michael went scarface on ana lucia/libby ("Oh no he dinnitt!!!")

-the egyptian motif

-the numbers, constant/variable and desmond being the key in the end to converging the timelines

-the idea of the donkey wheel and tunisia/polar bear there

-ben linus when he was a badass

-arntz' downfall

-hurley & sawyer & miles in their comedic primes

-charlie's death

-the flashforwards, highlighted by the first - jack - telling kate they have to go back. extremely well done finale.

-all of the incident, from jacob/MIB on the beach to juliet smashing the bomb

you're really going out on a limb there :headbanger:

i'd be able to forgive several explanation holes if we see eko in the finale

i'll change this up and mention some of my favorite parts of the series:

-the moment we realized ethan was not on the flight, the whispers, when the losties saw the gray "others" aka tailies, when the tailies saw the feet of the others

-the desmond/jack conversation on the steps of the stadium and then seeing desmond in the hatch / libby in mental hospital / libby giving desmond the boat aka the ties from pre-crash

-everything smoke monster before we found out about smokie

-everything christian/cabin

-the black/white motif including the fade to white LOST background which was when my adrenaline hit all-time high

-mr. eko

-when michael went scarface on ana lucia/libby ("Oh no he dinnitt!!!")

-the egyptian motif

-the numbers, constant/variable and desmond being the key in the end to converging the timelines

-the idea of the donkey wheel and tunisia/polar bear there

-ben linus when he was a badass

-arntz' downfall

-hurley & sawyer & miles in their comedic primes

-charlie's death

-the flashforwards, highlighted by the first - jack - telling kate they have to go back. extremely well done finale.

-all of the incident, from jacob/MIB on the beach to juliet smashing the bomb

That was the best holy shit moment in the series for me. :thumbsup:

My favorite parts of lost:

- Pilot episode. Still the best pilot episode of any tv show ever. Everything from smokey moving the trees around in the middle of the night, to the Rousseau's radio transmission, to finding out kate is a criminal.

- Light turning on in the hatch with Locke freaking out on top of it.

- That whole cabin thing with "wait, you saw a guy sitting there too right?!! RIGHT?!"

- When Ben was turning that donkey wheel to "move the island" The whole time you're like "hooooollllyyyy shhhhiiiiiiiii"

- Locke being the dead body in the casket. The speculation ruined it a little bit, but it was still cool.

- The Constant episode

- Their first major encounter with "the others" on the raft, when they took walt. WAAAAAAALTT!! THEY TOOK MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!

- Alex is hot

- All the episodes when the losties captured Ben. We had no idea who the hell he was. It was awesome.

- When we thought the tailies were the others.

- Ethan in the 1st season, still creeps me

- When Faraday does that experiment with the rockets and the clock was like a few seconds behind. WOAHHH

My favorite part of LOST :

When it's finally over and you dickwads quit wasting valuable bandwidth here posting about it.

Small Wonder >>> LOST

Ummm..

Season 4, Ep 10.

Do I need to find video proof? I remember it vividly. So you are either confused on what scene we are talking about, or you are lying in an effort to make a point.. :headbanger:

Re-read what I said...there was no alarm when Jack "FIRST" thinks he sees himself in the hospital.

Its you who is confused or lying...nice try.

Why?

Christian was long dead at that point. MIB was Christian at other times. MIB told Jack he was Christian when jack asked. Claire said MIB was Christian. The smoke alarms were just a little clue from the writers.

Make an argument for it being anyone besides MIB.

MIB told Jack he was Christian "ON THE ISLAND".

Re-read what I said...there was no alarm when Jack "FIRST" thinks he sees himself in the hospital.

Its you who is confused or lying...nice try.

You are a goofball.

A. Alarm goes off.

B. Christian appears and has a convo with Jack.

I don't know what the hell you mean by "first". Semantics?

And see's "himself"? No, Jack saw MIB/Christian just after turning off the smoke alarm. But whatever. I hope you are right and I am wrong, and they explain who that was if not MIB in the finale.

You are a goofball.

A. Alarm goes off.

B. Christian appears and has a convo with Jack.

I don't know what the hell you mean by "first". Semantics?

And see's "himself"? No, Jack saw MIB/Christian just after turning off the smoke alarm. But whatever. I hope you are right and I am wrong, and they explain who that was if not MIB in the finale.

You are an idiot.

He "saw" him twice in the episode.

Earlier in the episode while finishing a consult with a patient, he turns around to see what he believes is his father walking away.

The 2nd meeting is where there is a smoke alarm that needs a battery changed.

And yes...Im sure they will go back to explain what happened in season 4 just for you.

There are far more questions that I would like to see answered than some you have come up with.

Hanso being a big one...is this all we get on he and Dharma?

Egyptian references...I want to know why.

The water in the temple and its connection to the "center/heart" of the island light thingy.

Seriously can we have a Kate/Juliette/Alex/Shannon 4-way.

Sho Nuff,

I hope you are right about everything. I hope they have a plan and tie it all together in the finale. I hope they can give us a plausible explanation as to who this other shape shifter is off the island if it's not MIB.

I loved this show for years. I defended the writers for years. I've turned on them the last few weeks. I'd much rather have been right for 5 years and wrong for 3 weeks than be where I think I am now - wrong for 5 years and right for 3 weeks-.

I just have zero faith right now. The only mystery I really need answered is "What is the island?". I don't even need the writers to close all the plot holes for me. I just need them to present a scenario/line of thought/broad explanation that allows me to explain away many of said plot holes. believe me, if they give me the opportunity I will try my best.

Based on quotes and previous episodes, I have little faith.

But I hope I am wrong about everything and you are right.

You are an idiot.

He "saw" him twice in the episode.

Earlier in the episode while finishing a consult with a patient, he turns around to see what he believes is his father walking away.

The 2nd meeting is where there is a smoke alarm that needs a battery changed.

So this big stance you've been taking...making fun of people for thinking the smoke alarm was meant as symbolism for anything....your big victory is that we may have seen Christian's back early in the episode, which somehow negates said symbolism when we later do in fact see Christian for sure?

Ok. you win I guess. I don't see how any of this affects whether or not the moment had symbolism, but you win I guess.

So this big stance you've been taking...making fun of people for thinking the smoke alarm was meant as symbolism for anything....your big victory is that we may have seen Christian's back early in the episode, which somehow negates said symbolism when we later do in fact see Christian for sure?

Ok. you win I guess. I don't see how any of this affects whether or not the moment had symbolism, but you win I guess.

Not at all...Im just telling you that when you questioned me saying that was the first time he saw Christian that there were no alarms. The second time there were.

Some of you took that as symbolism of "smokie" even though MIB is hardly like real smoke...so the smoke detector symbolism is a bit funny. And again, seems more of a tool to lead people to think something...but might not be exactly what was going on.

This show left a lot for interpretation...but seems some are getting mad that their interpretations may not have been what was really happening.

Its not a big victory...you just seemed to jump on what I said about the first meeting and tried to say I needed to watch closer or I was a liar...when that was not the case.