Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

you know you guys have been arguing about lost for about 8 hours.

I know, it seems every time i come on here, the thread grows by 2 pages :doh:

BTW my favorite moments....

-The pilot episode: everyone should have this, it is what got us ALL hooked, best pilot in history of network TV. They said it was also the most expensive, they bought an actual airplane.

-When we found out Locke was in a wheel chair, freakin crazy dude.

-The discovery of the hatch/when the light went off in the hatch.

-The raft scene, so crazy, also the Arnst scene, pretty much the whole season 1 finale.

-When we learned who Eko really was...

-Michael killing Ana and Libby, so nuts.

-The whole craziness in the hatch when they didn't press the button and Desmond turns the fail safe key "Mr.Eko.....i was wrong"

-The whole season 3 finale

-The constant episode

- The Cabin scene

-When the island disappeared

-The variable episode

-Jacob and MIB on the beach---up to this point, was the most important minute and a half of the series

-When the nuke went off----the ultimate cliffhanger

-When the smoke monster killed everyone in the temple and Sayiid went evil

-Seeing the names on the cave and the lighthouse

-Richard Alpert's back-story

-the sub scene, Kwons and Sayiid dying

-Hopefully the final scene where we see it was all in Hurley's head after-all :thumbsup:

My least favorite moments:

-Killing Eko :wall:

-The light in the cave.

you know you guys have been arguing about lost for about 8 hours.

It was a good timewaste of a work day.

But even now that I'm home, I still think the writing leaves a lot to he desired.

Not at all...Im just telling you that when you questioned me saying that was the first time he saw Christian that there were no alarms. The second time there were.

Some of you took that as symbolism of "smokie" even though MIB is hardly like real smoke...so the smoke detector symbolism is a bit funny. And again, seems more of a tool to lead people to think something...but might not be exactly what was going on.

This show left a lot for interpretation...but seems some are getting mad that their interpretations may not have been what was really happening.

Its not a big victory...you just seemed to jump on what I said about the first meeting and tried to say I needed to watch closer or I was a liar...when that was not the case.

So the show was left open for interpretation....but there's no way to interpret Smokie appearing as Christian despite the clues offered up by the writers...because you somehow have a better feel for what the writers intended than anyone else here.

Typical "I think I'm the smartest guy in the room" Sho Nuff

:bandana:

I've noticed this guy likes the word "idiot" a lot.

projection

I'm thinking the same exact thing. :highfive:

They'll also probably find a way to bring in Boone, Shannon, Rose, Bernard, Michael, Penny, Libby, Tom, former Dharma Lost island people working with Dr Chang like Radzinskly, Frogurt, Steve and Scott, and Zoe. They will cram it full of cameos.

Ah, like the Seinfeld finale.

Stupid schedule this week. Late night at work. Just got done the rewatch with some liquor. I have to try to crank out article tomorrow.

On further review, this episode really left me lacking. I mean, if this was plopped down in the middle of Season 2 or 3, fine. But it's the second to the last episode. This is really what you are giving us to whet our appetite? My passion cup runneth dryeth.

If this finale isn't wall to wall action, mayhem, and more action, I will literally set my neighborhood on fire. They have a whole season of mediocrity to make up for.

So the show was left open for interpretation....but there's no way to interpret Smokie appearing as Christian despite the clues offered up by the writers...because you somehow have a better feel for what the writers intended than anyone else here.

:lock:

Funny coming from people who are inferring they are smarter than the writers of a hit show and think they could do better.

I don't think Im the smartest guy in the room...close though.

I don't think there is no way to interpret its smokie...Im saying its not a definite thing that it was MIB in the hospital.

I think that is an assumption.

And as I have said several times...Im beyond thinking MIB saying he wants to leave the island is about any kind of physical getting off the island. He is not a he or a human but a thing...a being. He wants to be released from the island...not trapped the way he is. I don't think him going off to appear (if it was him) was his idea of how he wants to leave the island.

Get it yet?

I've noticed this guy likes the word "idiot" a lot.

projection

Used to use moron a lot.

But not sure what else to call someone who simply refuses to read what I wrote as a poster did earlier.

Stupid schedule this week. Late night at work. Just got done the rewatch with some liquor. I have to try to crank out article tomorrow.

On further review, this episode really left me lacking. I mean, if this was plopped down in the middle of Season 2 or 3, fine. But it's the second to the last episode. This is really what you are giving us to whet our appetite? My passion cup runneth dryeth.

If this finale isn't wall to wall action, mayhem, and more action, I will literally set my neighborhood on fire. They have a whole season of mediocrity to make up for.

Whats funny is you are in a very small minority who thought that was such a lacking episode.

I got that much more from last week than from this week.]

I think we are setting up just fine for a showdown with Jack and Locke and whoever has Desmond (probably Claire)

But by reading your posts and CB...just prepare to be disappointed...because I don't think there is much LOST can do to please you two.

As usual, I thought the episode was decent until I came to this thread. Not great or anything, but okay. This has happened a couple other times this season. I would be on my way to this thread thinking "Well they will prolly think this one was alright." I don't think that has happened yet as a matter of fact.

Were all the threads like this on this show??? Not that I think everyone is wrong or anything. But this is the first season I was caught up to be able to read these threads as they go. So I was just wondering if the hate fest is mainly just this season(which has been disappointing imo) or has it always been like this???

Funny coming from people who are inferring they are smarter than the writers of a hit show and think they could do better.

I don't think Im the smartest guy in the room...close though.

I don't think there is no way to interpret its smokie...Im saying its not a definite thing that it was MIB in the hospital.

I think that is an assumption.

And as I have said several times...Im beyond thinking MIB saying he wants to leave the island is about any kind of physical getting off the island. He is not a he or a human but a thing...a being. He wants to be released from the island...not trapped the way he is. I don't think him going off to appear (if it was him) was his idea of how he wants to leave the island.

Get it yet?

I'll step up to the plate. I feel I am creative enough and detail oriented enough to put together a kick ass 6 seasons of a sci-fi mystery show.

Which would be canceled after 4 episodes of 18 crib deaths, a space alien raping a bunch of dudes, robots conspiring to kill every cat on the planet, killing Betty White, and a monkey focking a basketball.

As usual, I thought the episode was decent until I came to this thread. Not great or anything, but okay. This has happened a couple other times this season. I would be on my way to this thread thinking "Well they will prolly think this one was alright." I don't think that has happened yet as a matter of fact.

Were all the threads like this on this show??? Not that I think everyone is wrong or anything. But this is the first season I was caught up to be able to read these threads as they go. So I was just wondering if the hate fest is mainly just this season(which has been disappointing imo) or has it always been like this???

The first 5 seasons were a lovefest for the most part, with the exception of the polar bear cage episodes of Season 3 and any Kate centric episode.

This has been the only polarizing season. There are blind apologists like Sho Nuff. There are complete assh0les like edjr. I think that most people fall in between this year. A lot of mixed emotions. I have a regular LOST club at work, about 10 nice folks, and we discuss the show. I am the resource guy; I recall all the fine details and distribute my newsletter to them and their relatives. The consensus is that this season has been largely disappointing thus far. We laugh at Kate and Jack and Sun, like every other year. Yes, there are screensavers of Skull Baby. But this year, there is an unmistakeble undercurrent of cynicism. Maybe they are taking some cues from me, maybe I am taking some cues from them. But it's a hodge podge group, and nobody is happy with the developments thus far this season. THIS SEASON.

You just have to make up your own mind.

Also, there have been a few great episodes. The Richard episode, Locke finding a job in The Substitute, MIB crushing the Temple and Claire's lullaby, the Desmond episode kicked ass, the 2 part season debut was pretty good and ...eh. There hasn't been a lot of good stuff beyond that. I liked Sun and Jin dying. And....it's been rough.

I'll step up to the plate. I feel I am creative enough and detail oriented enough to put together a kick ass 6 seasons of a sci-fi mystery show.

Which would be canceled after 4 episodes of 18 crib deaths, a space alien raping a bunch of dudes, robots conspiring to kill every cat on the planet, killing Betty White, and a monkey focking a basketball.

Exactly...but here is why I know Cuse and Lindeloff are smarter...instead of posting about how they could do better on a board...they figured out how to make "the worst writing in TV history" a highly popular hit TV show.

Lastly, a great series finale will go a long way to quelling the rebellion. But if it's a borefest with sloppy writing, it will lead a brand new thread of ripping the show.

It's all up to the head writers. Let's hope they know how to finish off this show. For all of our sake.

The first 5 seasons were a lovefest for the most part, with the exception of the polar bear cage episodes of Season 3 and any Kate centric episode.

This has been the only polarizing season. There are blind apologists like Sho Nuff. There are complete assh0les like edjr. I think that most people fall in between this year. A lot of mixed emotions. I have a regular LOST club at work, about 10 nice folks, and we discuss the show. I am the resource guy; I recall all the fine details and distribute my newsletter to them and their relatives. The consensus is that this season has been largely disappointing thus far. We laugh at Kate and Jack and Sun, like every other year. Yes, there are screensavers of Skull Baby. But this year, there is an unmistakeble undercurrent of cynicism. Maybe they are taking some cues from me, maybe I am taking some cues from them. But it's a hodge podge group, and nobody is happy with the developments thus far this season. THIS SEASON.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have been disappointed with this season as well so I am in the consensus. I guess what I meant by decent is that it while disappointing, prolly still better than most other crap. I wish I was caught up all the other years to read that stuff. Really enjoyed reading most of this stuff as it happens this season. I have always hated that Sun b1tch as well. She focking pissed me off.

Im no blind apologist...I don't defend all of which they have written...just some of the asinine whining that goes on.

Exactly...but here is why I know Cuse and Lindeloff are smarter...instead of posting about how they could do better on a board...they figured out how to make "the worst writing in TV history" a highly popular hit TV show.

The first 5 seasons are gold. When we get to this season...eh.

Look I love the Alias series. The final season, Season 5, featured the worst writing in TV history. So you won't catch me saying the same about LOST.

But a lot of folks feel let down. It's reality. And no amount of your fishing is going to make them feel any better about a show many people had an unrequited love for.

I'll do my best not to do any more sniping until the finale. With the exception of the writeup.

Then game on. Enjoy the anticipation, folks.

I'll do my best not to do any more sniping until the finale. With the exception of the writeup.

Meh...much of what you write (in short form...sorry, not into reading novels about TV shows)...is fine.

But when someone called it the worst writing ever on TV (or something to that effect)...just had to laugh.

Its not even close to the worst ever...probably not even close to the worst written on ABC right now...much less all of TV.

Doing a write-up before Sunday?

Sho-Nuff and cbfalcon ruined this thread.

Get a room boys.

I have a regular LOST club at work, about 10 nice folks, and we discuss the show.

They forgot to tell you it's really a secret AA meeting.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: jvirne.

· View this post

· Un-ignore jvirne

Hopefully, by the end of tonight.

They forgot to tell you it's really a secret AA meeting.

I consider them more so as enablers. I bet they are giving my office supplies a glance or two, hoping I die soon. And after this week, my usefulness will be null and void.

Sho-Nuff and cbfalcon ruined this thread.

Get a room boys.

I apologize for my part in that.

Allow me to try and redeem myself somewhat.

Kate

Desmond is going to lock the doors and burn the theater down once everyone is in it, ala Inglorious Basterds

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: jvirne.

· View this post

· Un-ignore jvirne

What a nightmare it was reading the last 3 pages having sho nuff on ignore :blink:

Everything will be answered. :bandana:

An ABC source confirms to me that after Sunday’s series finale, titled “The End,” airs from 9 – 11:30 pm ET/PT, the season six DVD (as well as the complete series collection, out on DVD and Blu-ray August 24) will continue the saga with upwards of twenty minutes of additional storyline.

“It’s in production now,” confirms the source, who couldn’t yet confirm the actual running time of the new scenes. “Damon and Carlton wanted to offer fans answers to additional questions they couldn’t get to in the body of the final show.”

Everything will be answered. :banana:

Kickass.

It's promising that they are at least saying for once that they would like to answer some questions.

Kickass.

It's promising that they are at least saying for once that they would like to answer some questions.

Ever hear the story of the boy that cried wolf?

Everything will be answered. :bandana:

Have you heard what a Damon and Carlton interview is like. 50% snarky, 50% sarcasm, 0% anything of value. It's always the same. 20 minutes of answers will be 30 seconds of useful stuff and 19 minutes plus of plugging their next project.

What a nightmare it was reading the last 3 pages having sho nuff on ignore :bandana:

and I love a guy who whines about the show...yet keeps coming in here telling others how dumb they are and has to announce he has someone on ignore.

Still yes, but not tonight. Long, long day at work.

Focking stupid job getting in the way of LOST. :doublethumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Anyone having a big lost party on Sunday?

We're gonna get some tiki torches, hawaiian BBQ, bring the TV and stereo system out to the backyard.

Guests will need to dress like their favorite lost character, bring your own lawn chair or blanket.

Going to be awesome.