Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Anyone having a big lost party on Sunday?

We're gonna get some tiki torches, hawaiian BBQ, bring the TV and stereo system out to the backyard.

Guests will need to dress like their favorite lost character, bring your own lawn chair or blanket.

Going to be awesome.

You're going to regret this when your fat deluded buddy shows up shirtless in jeans, saying "son of a b!tch" a gazillion times all night long.

We're gonna get some tiki torches, hawaiian BBQ, bring the TV and stereo system out to the backyard.

Guests will need to dress like their favorite lost character, bring your own lawn chair or blanket.

Going to be awesome.

So will you dress up as Miles or Chang? Gotta think the lab coat is an easy costume.

If anyone dresses up as Cuse or Lindelof, punch them in the balls please.

So will you dress up as Miles or Chang? Gotta think the lab coat is an easy costume.

I was actually thinking about dressing as Michael and just scream "THEY TOOK MY SON!!!!!!" and " WAAAAAAALT!" every few minutes

Going to be awesome.

:lol: Sounds fun. My buddy had planned to come up a couple months ago, for a "Wasted Lost night" but he got to season 5, said he hated the whole time travel thing, and stopped watching it. What a douche :sleep:

Large trash bag. Two eye holes. No pants. Smoke monster.

Tape bits of watermelon to trash bag. Dr Arzt.

Peel all the skin off your head. Or buy a Scream mask. Skull Baby.

Tape a calculator to your upper arm. Keamy.

Mascara. Cry until it runs. Jack.

Pull one arm within shirt. Montand.

Fake beard. Tom.

Large trash bag. Two eye holes. No pants. Smoke monster.

Tape bits of watermelon to trash bag. Dr Arzt.

Peel all the skin off your head. Or buy a Scream mask. Skull Baby.

Tape a calculator to your upper arm. Keamy.

Mascara. Cry until it runs. Jack.

Pull one arm within shirt. Montand.

Fake beard. Tom.

My c0ck in your mouth. Kate.

I just finally got to watch it.

It's just a line of chalk on a wall in a cave?? Holy focking jebsus are you kidding me?? WTF did they change the storyline mid season or something? I for the life of me cannot grasp how this could be planned out like this. It is just so weak it was probably better left unanswered. Or just say things have changed. The little annoying details that the writers are trying to lamely account for are just taking the wind out of the shows sails for me. I guess I have my expectations set to high but they never had to resort to outright lameness like this in the past and it really detracts from the good parts that are still there. One of the weaker dialogs put in by Pellegrino with his campfire chat to the LOSties. I really wasn't feeling how important Jacobs job is. That scene should have been EPIC but it was mediocre at best.

We should be learning why the donkey wheel takes you to Tunisia or one of 8 thousand other tidbits we have been led to believe has some relevance and instead we get "do we want to disable the plane or destroy it?" What the hell is the gawddamn difference when you are on a freaking uninhabited island with no way off. Uggg don't even get me started on the scene with Kate and Sawyer in the holding cells. Puke inducing redonkulousness. I will re-watch it but right now I am having trouble picking out a whole lot of this episode I really enjoyed. It even seems like Ben flipped way to easy after the whole Ilanna scene. I really hope Ben is conning MIB.

Trying to get caught up before Sunday, and the season three finale I rented from Nutbuster crapped out. The last thing I see is Charlie in the underwater container and........Jack and Kate in what looks like a flash. Would someone please give me the details before I watch a marathon of season four tomorrow and early Sunday. What exactly did Charlie do. Went back to PB's write up and it doesn't clarify what exactly happend. I watched season five and this season so I'm sorta up to date. TIA

The best costume to me would be- Dress up like Gilligan and have the Skipper and the Proffesor analy rape you with a cocunut walkie-talkie! Use a twinky as one of your large friends. And so on..................

Trying to get caught up before Sunday, and the season three finale I rented from Nutbuster crapped out. The last thing I see is Charlie in the underwater container and........Jack and Kate in what looks like a flash. Would someone please give me the details before I watch a marathon of season four tomorrow and early Sunday.

Charlie drowns, and writes on his hand that it's not Penny's boat, Desmond sees it. Kate and Jack meet in what is revealed is a flash foward, where Jack says "We have to go back" and, of course, cries.

He's dressing up as Jeff Probst

It's just a line of chalk on a wall in a cave?? Holy focking jebsus are you kidding me?? WTF did they change the storyline mid season or something? I for the life of me cannot grasp how this could be planned out like this. It is just so weak it was probably better left unanswered. Or just say things have changed. The little annoying details that the writers are trying to lamely account for are just taking the wind out of the shows sails for me. I guess I have my expectations set to high but they never had to resort to outright lameness like this in the past and it really detracts from the good parts that are still there. One of the weaker dialogs put in by Pellegrino with his campfire chat to the LOSties. I really wasn't feeling how important Jacobs job is. That scene should have been EPIC but it was mediocre at best.

We should be learning why the donkey wheel takes you to Tunisia or one of 8 thousand other tidbits we have been led to believe has some relevance and instead we get "do we want to disable the plane or destroy it?" What the hell is the gawddamn difference when you are on a freaking uninhabited island with no way off. Uggg don't even get me started on the scene with Kate and Sawyer in the holding cells. Puke inducing redonkulousness. I will re-watch it but right now I am having trouble picking out a whole lot of this episode I really enjoyed. It even seems like Ben flipped way to easy after the whole Ilanna scene. I really hope Ben is conning MIB.

I agree with all of this.

They had a somewhat dramatic moment when Sawyer tells Kate that Widmore would in fact have killed her because Sawyer saw that her name was crossed off the list and she was no longer needed. Then Jacob ruins that scene and lets us know that "it's just a line of chalk in a cave. You can have the job if you want it".

Quite possibly one of the weakest moments in LOST history. That's one of the problems, they are actually finding a way to ruin older scenes that did seem important at the time with weak or half ass explanations now. I'm wondering if the show will be re-watchable at all once we see the finale.

And yes, I was pumped when we went to commercial break right as Jacob was about to explain everything at the camp fire. I thought this was going to be the entire show's big moment. Instead what we got was "There is a light. Anyone want to protect it? and that's it. Jacob seemed like a chump.

I can agree with some of this...on Ben though...I think the whole being reminded of Alex's grave thing...set him off. And he, as usual, delivered his line perfectly "he doesn't get to save his daughter".

Though...there is still that feeling that he could be conning him...or is going to try something now that he knows MIB wants to destroy the island.

I can agree with some of this...on Ben though...I think the whole being reminded of Alex's grave thing...set him off. And he, as usual, delivered his line perfectly "he doesn't get to save his daughter".

Though...there is still that feeling that he could be conning him...or is going to try something now that he knows MIB wants to destroy the island.

Well I can dig the whole put a cap in Whitmore because his guys killed Alex, especially after the flashback while walking through the village but that doesn't justify him agreeing to help MIB murder the remaining losties. He made the choice before he knew of MIB's plan to destroy the island so the more I think about it the more it seems like it has to be a con. MIB secured Ben's help by saying he could have the island and then flipped and said he wanted to destroy it shortly after so that should make Ben say WTF right there and I just can't see where the last minute loyalty to MIB would come from. Ben always has a plan, I can only hope someone in the production department remembers this. Bullets might not kill Smokey but 6 blocks of C4 just might do the trick.

Well I can dig the whole put a cap in Whitmore because his guys killed Alex, especially after the flashback while walking through the village but that doesn't justify him agreeing to help MIB murder the remaining losties. He made the choice before he knew of MIB's plan to destroy the island so the more I think about it the more it seems like it has to be a con. MIB secured Ben's help by saying he could have the island and then flipped and said he wanted to destroy it shortly after so that should make Ben say WTF right there and I just can't see where the last minute loyalty to MIB would come from. Ben always has a plan, I can only hope someone in the production department remembers this. Bullets might not kill Smokey but 6 blocks of C4 just might do the trick.

I agree with ya. I hope if Ben does go, it's not quietly. He is an absolute fantastic character. They need him to some way make it to the end, with hopefully a big role.

It needs to be BEN till the end after Richard went so quietly. A smash from the smoke was a bad way to do away with such an improtant figure.

Richard was done with the island, i really liked his character and the actor, but after his back story and after he gave up on the island, he was no longer needed. Same with Sayiid and the Kwons and Ilana, once you are done with the island you can die.

That is another thing, they really need to explain why certain people just can't die. Obviously is goes way beyond just Jacob needing them, the island has to be it's own being.

I was somewhat disappointed with the campfire scene, it could have been better. The whole "it's just a chalk line" ideal is actually what i thought, this is why Ben is also still a candidate. However, i think a line through their name means they can be killed by MIB, so Kate can be killed, i think Jacob just knew Jack would take the job and Kate wouldn't. I think Ben can be killed, but Ben is too good are not being killed to be killed.

The whole Ben going back to be a bad ass made me have a lot of hope for the finale. Ben won't kill anyone else besides MIB.

It's just a line of chalk on a wall in a cave?? Holy focking jebsus are you kidding me?? WTF did they change the storyline mid season or something?

FWIW, MIB was the one who made a big deal out of the cave names when he was trying to turn Sawyer. Then Sawyer made a big deal out of them based on MIB's info. Jacob never said anything about them. Which is also why I have (some) faith that MIB is also not the Christian Sheppard who appeared in LA. I think (hope) he's lying. The guy is a proven liar, after all, one every bit as manipulative as Ben Linus. It would make perfect sense for him to sell that "I was your father" crap to Jack in order to gain his trust.

If I were writing the final episode, I'd put in a big scene where Jack goes to the center of the island to protect it from MIB, and while he's waiting he meets "the island" in the form of his father.

I doubt that's going to happen, but it would explain a lot of things.

That is another thing, they really need to explain why certain people just can't die. Obviously is goes way beyond just Jacob needing them, the island has to be it's own being.

This is what I'm saying. If they don't show this, then the series falls VERY flat IMO. They have to explain why Michael couldn't kill himself and the Christian Sheppard in LA issue. There's only two possible explanations: Jacob is that effing powerful, or the island itself is alive.

Lost, I can't quit you.

If only the protector of the island can find the magical lucky charms light, then why does it need a protector since no one else can find it?

me no understand. :doh:

FWIW, MIB was the one who made a big deal out of the cave names when he was trying to turn Sawyer. Then Sawyer made a big deal out of them based on MIB's info.

I will give you that but the show made it a plot device and we were led to believe it had significance. To find out that it had no real relevance at the last possible moment is weak. The reveal that the lines meant nothing and the reveal of Jack taking the job came so close together that they might as well have just left it as is. On one hand Jacob says Kate was crossed off because she was a mother on the other hand he says its actually no big deal.... Ok, then why cross it off at all then?

This is what I'm saying. If they don't show this, then the series falls VERY flat IMO. They have to explain why Michael couldn't kill himself and the Christian Sheppard in LA issue. There's only two possible explanations: Jacob is that effing powerful, or the island itself is alive.

Or poor writing.

I hope you are right and they address it. But if they don't then the answer is clearly poor writing.

:doh: Not so easy, is it?

Fixxed....But :doh:

Writing is hard. I should cut the writers more slack.

Or poor writing.

I hope you are right and they address it. But if they don't then the answer is clearly poor writing.

I think some of the smaller differences, like slightly different dialog in certain scenes like philly has pointed out, can be attributed to shotty writing. I think the big "holes" are too obvious, i mean some focks on an internet forum can easily point them out, i think they can also see it and will explain them in the finale.

I think some of the smaller differences, like slightly different dialog in certain scenes like philly has pointed out, can be attributed to shotty writing. I think the big "holes" are too obvious, i mean some focks on an internet forum can easily point them out, i think they can also see it and will explain them in the finale.

I hope you are right.

I can get past stuff like bullet wounds moving and even things like the ship arriving by storm one time and sunlight another. Hell, maybe the weather changed fast due to some supernatural island stuff. I suppose I'll even accept that MIB can kill some candidates if certain conditions we don't know about are met. I can overlook or get past these flubs.

But they have to fill in the big hole of Christian appearing to Jack at the hospital for me to be ok with the writing. Unless they tell me otherwise, it was MIB and the entire conflict doesn't make sense.

Hopefully they explain it (and not in some sort of half assed way like Jacob telling Kate her name being crossed out meant nothing) and I have to eat my words as far as all my criticism of that plot hole goes.

I hope you are right.

I can get past stuff like bullet wounds moving and even things like the ship arriving by storm one time and sunlight another. Hell, maybe the weather changed fast due to some supernatural island stuff. I suppose I'll even accept that MIB can kill some candidates if certain conditions we don't know about are met. I can overlook or get past these flubs.

But they have to fill in the big hole of Christian appearing to Jack at the hospital for me to be ok with the writing. Unless they tell me otherwise, it was MIB and the entire conflict doesn't make sense.

Hopefully they explain it (and not in some sort of half assed way like Jacob telling Kate her name being crossed out meant nothing) and I have to eat my words as far as all my criticism of that plot hole goes.

I always assumed Christian appearing to Jack at the hospital was simply a ghost/spirit of Jack's dad. There was no smoke anywhere that I remember in that scene. Trying to warn/tell jack something maybe. From what I have heard, sometimes electronics do weird things when ghosts/spirits are present. Not to mention, just seemed like a low battery. To me anyway.

Any of you watch Around The Horn on ESPN?

Tony Reali just took face time to speak to the lost writers.

"Don't screw it up" :music_guitarred:

I always assumed Christian appearing to Jack at the hospital was simply a ghost/spirit of Jack's dad. There was no smoke anywhere that I remember in that scene. Trying to warn/tell jack something maybe. From what I have heard, sometimes electronics do weird things when ghosts/spirits are present. Not to mention, just seemed like a low battery. To me anyway.

Its possible I guess, but if so, then it's poor writing for them to not differentiate betwen ghost/spirit Christian magically appearing and MIB Christian in any way. There was no difference in the way they were presented to us.

Plus it wouldn't make sense in the context of the show. Lots of spirits etc appear to a lot of people, but they've always been real in that the character in question actually saw the apparition in question. Besides Jack not being sober, what makes this scene different as far as we, the viewer, are concerned? It's not even like Jack was strung out on acid or shrooms at the time.

Oh yeah, i could just look this up but...i don't want to. The pilot is on tonight, correct? anything else?

They should do a Saw ending

Where the main story line ends after 2 hours finishing whats happening on the island and in the flash-sideways...

then giving us 15-20 min of commercial free answers where...

the awesomely creepy music comes on and they jump from scene to scene explaining all the little things from the previous seasons, ending with an eye opening up and fade to gray LOST

i know it won't happen, but one can hope :doh:

They should do a Saw ending

Where the main story line ends after 2 hours finishing whats happening on the island and in the flash-sideways...

then giving us 15-20 min of commercial free answers where...

the awesomely creepy music comes on and they jump from scene to scene explaining all the little things from the previous seasons, ending with an eye opening up and fade to gray LOST

i know it won't happen, but one can hope :doh:

I am afraid this would be far better than what we end up. :(

So when does this thing start tomorrow??? There's there some special sh1t going on, right?

Whoa. I'm getting caught offguard. So the 2 1/2 hour finale is in about 24 hours or so?

So, i just noticed something, and have a new theory that won't be true but is interesting.

What if Desmond is trying to get MIB to succeed rather than to prevent him from destroying the island. Everyone is better off in the alternate time-line, what if, and bare with me; what if when MIB succeeds, the island implodes, gets sunk, and everyone in that particular time-line dies, and is "reborn" in the new time-line. They will vividly remember the island and everyone, and realize that was the only way to truly leave the island. Now their lives are fixed and go on living happy, insignificant lives with the memories of what brought them there.

That being said, i noticed something that could be significant that not too many people will like. Look at everyone in the flash forward; they are all better off now. Locke has Helen, a good outlook on life and is willing to let go and get fixed. Benjamin is a teacher, has a similar relationship with Alex and may have found his SO in Danielle, so he would officially become her father(honestly, that is crazy). Jack has something to live for in his son and continuing to fix things, such as Locke. Sawyer is on the right side of the law, same with Miles. Hurley is a highly successful business man who is not crazy, but is still one flubby mexican. The Kwons...well who cares, they're dead. Sayiid...again dead, but he was a better person supposedly, but was still a killer so maybe that's why he died. Who is missing?

Kate.

Nothing has changed in her time-line, she was still a fugitive, we are to assume for the same reason and her mom still hates her and so on. Kate is special, i am sure her time-line is different but she is not better off. Desmond too, he is successful now but doesn't have Penny. The only reason he met Penny was because of Charlie making him brush time-lines. A big part of the show is based off of choice, free will. I think the candidates will be given a choice, this is why MIB made the other time-line. All the others will choose the other time-line. Desmond is a "fail-safe" because he won't. Neither will Kate. Actually, that theory doesn't make much sense, but fock it. Just note that Kate and Desmond are special.

Also, anyone catch Hurley saying to Desmond "I didn't know you were bringing Ana Lucia too?" I didn't catch that the first time and it's pretty significant. That is like total recall, they both remember a lot, maybe everything, who knows.

Seriously, these major, major questions NEED to get answered. The history of the island and the mythology, fine, don't answer those. But, you NEED to answer what is the "flash-sideways" and the significance of everything in there. They will because it of the upmost importance to the characters, and they said the character's stories will be completed.

Not bad, CTT. I've had similar feelings. I still think it ends with Locke and Jack on the beach ala jacob/mib

Question...remember the tattoo on Jack's shoulder? There was that whole episode around it....what the fvck is the significance of the tat?

Here is a kind of hot chick who has never seen Lost but describes it based on what we all say. Apparently everyone is a lesbian and a doctor....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8OHWR9RlCM

Wow. Seriously. Every single Lost fan has to watch this video, i think it sums up all of our feelings on the ending perfectly...

Also, they said many unsolved mysteries will be answered on the DVD that comes out in August. I think that is awesome, i think 95% of Lost fans were going to buy the DVD set anyways...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/20/lost-dvd-extras/

Seriously, guys....it's about to be over. Put your feelings on how this season has played out on the side-burner, this is seriously about to end.

Not bad, CTT. I've had similar feelings. I still think it ends with Locke and Jack on the beach ala jacob/mib

Question...remember the tattoo on Jack's shoulder? There was that whole episode around it....what the fvck is the significance of the tat?

That is the most likely scenario.

I think everyone besides Kate and Desmond die(and Jack of course), and are "reborn" in the new time-line. We already know about Desmond, but like i said about Kate, she hasn't changed. Jack, though has a son, hasn't changed either; i think something that most of us overlooked was when he said to Locke "Don't mistake coincidence for fate" he said that in an earlier season before his dramatic change. He really hasn't changed in the other time-line.

Jack is the protector. Kate is his SO(just to make all the chicks happy). Desmond is the new Richard, an intermediary between Jack and the people that come to the island. Locke remains MIB. Locke is already dead and has already been reborn in the other time-line, his death likely started it all.

We will see why these time loops played out the way they did. We will see what made Jacob...Jacob...ala how he can leave the island, how he can know everything about everyone apparently, ect, ect. Hopefully at least.

That is how i think it plays out. And the last scene, which has been described several times, will be Jack and MIB on the beach. Like i said, though it is somewhat expected, it would be the perfect way to end the series, imo.

Or everyone dies.