Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Christian Shepard is the key.

My theory would look good if Desmond wasn't talking about "leaving".

You know, i am now at the point where i know a lot of the questions won't get answered, but i don't care. So far this finale has been epic.....

The series ends with the Losties (minus Jack) off the island, Kate looks over somewhere, sees Jack, and smiles.

Ick, only bad part so far "I love you" "I love you" ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, bullllllllllshiiiittttt, Kate just feels guilty, and Jack is just dumb when it comes to that.

YES, Ben is staying, Ben still wants his island and he never gives up.

The series ends with the Losties (minus Jack) off the island, Kate looks over somewhere, sees Jack, and smiles.

:shocking: I believe i just suggested something similar.

I now think Ben, Desmond, Jack, and Hurley stay there. Maybe along with the other dead people. And Claire.

Epic Fail. I simply can't believe the writers have taken this approach.

How about Jack stop holding his lower stomach wound, because MIB stabbed him from the side upper rib cage, about two feet away from the bleeding?

No answers. And the script is just plodding along without a care in the world. I don't give a fock about the LAX memories. Who cares? For fock's sake, there is less than an hour left in this show, and MIB is dead. There is no happy ending, the wrong people are winning, and I am begging for the end of the world. Somebody give the writers a clue. Soon.

OK. The sun sometimes shines on the ass of a dog. The Sawyer Juliet reunion was decently done.

What happened to the explosives on the plane?

What happened to the explosives on the plane?

MIB blew the sub up with it.

Sorry Philly, completely disagree with you on this one.

MIB blew the sub up with it.

Sorry Philly, completely disagree with you on this one.

No, last week (week before?) Ben grabbed his secret stash of C4.

Jack's death scene is taking almost an hour now. :doh:

I really liked the ending and the explanation of the two timelines.

I am not pleased. :doh:

Fock the Kimmel sh!t. I going to try to get some sleep and forget this raping of our sensibilities. Enjoy hashing this out. I will reserve further comment for a few days. After writing up the this final abortion, I will have to compile a series of articles chronicling the thousands of unanswered questions and the lack of anything resembling anything that made sense as far as the ending of the show.

Or I'll just flush my DVDs down the crapper and forget all the wasted time.

Definitely have to re-watch the last 10 minutes.

So they were all dead all along? The LAX time-line was full of dead people. I seriously don't know what just happened. I mean Hurley, Ben are the candidates, which is what i figured with about 40 minutes left. Are they dead too? Ben being dead makes no sense. Maybe that's why he stayed behind? Damnit. Damnit. Damnit. The finale was completely epic up till that point, but i kind of got jumbled the last 10 minutes.

So they were all dead all along? The LAX time-line was full of dead people. I seriously don't know what just happened. I mean Hurley, Ben are the candidates, which is what i figured with about 40 minutes left. Are they dead too? Ben being dead makes no sense. Maybe that's why he stayed behind? Damnit. Damnit. Damnit. The finale was completely epic up till that point, but i kind of got jumbled the last 10 minutes.

They're all dead, yes, but them being there doesn't mean they're dead at the conclusion of the "Island" series. "There is no now here" or whatever Christian said. That's why they had the Ben/Hurley convo about #1 and #2. That part of their lives hasn't "happened" yet in terms of the time we understand.

Christian said there was no "now" where they were, and that some of the people died before Jack, some long after him.

Just cant believe no answers to so many questions. wow great show just bad final season. Hurley was in the church when he was the new Jacob in the end people that didn't die in church as well unless everyonr died in the crash.

I really liked the ending and the explanation of the two timelines.

I'm left with more questions than answers:

1) so were they dead to begin with, before arriving at the island, or did they all die on the island?

2) the "off island" timeline is if the plane doesn't crash and they make it to LAX.......but they are dead in that timeline....so, back to question 1 - were they dead to begin with?

3) so Jack kills Locke - good presides over evil. How is this not how the series ends? What is the significance of having to undo what Desmond did? What happens if Jack doesn't do that? Does the world end? But, they are dead anyway, right?

Too many things left unanswered, and very dissapointing ending. It's like the writers started off the season with an end in mind, and then either changed their minds at the last moment, or didn't know how to finish it.

Like everyone else, at times I thought the series was brilliant, at other times I had to hang in there, and I feel a little let down with how it was ended. I'll still probably buy the DVD collection at some point though.

OK. One more comment. It's bullsh1t. They have a gathering, invitation only country club snobs. Where was Daniel, Charlotte, Eloise, AnaLucia, Nikki, Paulo, Michael, Walt, Aaron, Richard, Frank, Mr Eko, Miles, and on and on in this cool kids death clique.

Time and space is bendable. But not your invitation list. LOST is for queers.

No, Sawyer and his group live. Hurley and Ben take care of the island, they lived. Everyone else died. Sometime in the future Hurley, Sawyer, Kate the rest will die. The LAX timeline is just where those people went after death to reunite (heaven whatever). I may be crazy but I liked it. But I was not into it as much as everyone that remembers every question.

Just cant believe no answers to so many questions. wow great show just bad final season. Hurley was in the church when he was the new Jacob in the end people that didn't die in church as well unless everyonr died in the crash.

I think at the church, Hurley and Ben are both dead too. They both used past tense, which I took to mean they were currently dead. Question is, were they already dead all along on the island too?

Question is, were they already dead all along on the island too?

No, Christian said that some of the people there died before Jack, some long after.

So the island wasn't purgatory, it was "real".

And eventually Hurley died, likely after finding a replacement, like Jacob before him.

I think at the church, Hurley and Ben are both dead too. They both used past tense, which I took to mean they were currently dead. Question is, were they already dead all along on the island too?

no, the stuff on the island happened as we saw it. Hurley and Ben were alive at the end of the island timeline but will die at sometime just as Jacob did. The people flying away are alive but will also die someday. They were dead at the church. I did not see Richard at the reunion though but the gray hair suggests he will age now. Christian said there is no now where they were at.

I'm left with more questions than answers:

1) so were they dead to begin with, before arriving at the island, or did they all die on the island?

2) the "off island" timeline is if the plane doesn't crash and they make it to LAX.......but they are dead in that timeline....so, back to question 1 - were they dead to begin with?

3) so Jack kills Locke - good presides over evil. How is this not how the series ends? What is the significance of having to undo what Desmond did? What happens if Jack doesn't do that? Does the world end? But, they are dead anyway, right?

As of now, i feel the same way about these. I am going to re-watch it and make some analysis. I could understand if the island was the harbor to their death, and the LAX time-line wasn't truly real. However, they got off the island for 3 years. Was that real?

The finale was great up until that, now i am just jumbled headed.

Absolutely epic series. Questionable end and purpose.

By the way...the reason you don't see people like Richard, Farrady (etc...) at the church is that they were already with their loved ones. Desmond said he wouldn't take them away to where he was going.

There's Sayid/Shannon

THat got close to a tear jerk moment. The real tear jerk moment was Charlie and Claire though.

DESMOND IS GOING TO TURN INTO A SMOKE MONSTER TYPE BEING!!!

Jack said he will use him as a weapon. Desmond won't go anywhere, he will turn into an immortal being that Jack can use to kill MIB or at least prevent him from destroying the island...maybe.

When Jack was the only one left in the cave, I thought he was going to become a smoke monster, once the cave got back to normal. :doh:

THat got close to a tear jerk moment. The real tear jerk moment was Charlie and Claire though.

Yeah...I couldn't help but let go of a few tears during Sun/Jin, Charlie/Claire, and Sawyer/Juliet.

There's still an hour and a half left. It seems like it's about to end. Um. MIB is mortal now. The cave scene was actually quite epic.

:doh: :doh: Definitely a better explanation than what folks were thinking about it before, imo.

no, the stuff on the island happened as we saw it. Hurley and Ben were alive at the end of the island timeline but will die at sometime just as Jacob did. The people flying away are alive but will also die someday. They were dead at the church. I did not see Richard at the reunion though but the gray hair suggests he will age now. Christian said there is no now where they were at.

Wow. Out of everyone on here, it's Bill E that explains everything. Thanks, that makes a lot more sense and i am much happier with the ending now.

Guys like Miles, Ana Lucia, ect weren't attached to anyone on the island. Love it what brought them together in the other time-line, and they weren't truly loved by anyone.

Like was said previously, when you boil it down, Lost was just a love story, but an extremely epic love story.

Pretty sure the people at the church were all linked via a constant. Miles and the other "minor" characters didn't have a strong connection to them there. Or, as Christian put it, their time on the island with those people wasn't the most significant part of their lives.

Only fools are trapped by time and space? What was that line from the Dharma subliminal torture room?

Interesting ending. And, yes, it almost guarantees a movie.

Also interesting: Ben doesn't go in the church, but he's there outside. Close, but not close enough. Odd.

Also interesting: Ben doesn't go in the church, but he's there outside. Close, but not close enough. Odd.

Very. Not sure what to make of it.

:doh: :doh: Definitely a better explanation than what folks were thinking about it before, imo.

I guess the reason I really like it is because I was not expecting much. i got a better ending than I expected.

By the way...the reason you don't see people like Richard, Farrady (etc...) at the church is that they were already with their loved ones. Desmond said he wouldn't take them away to where he was going.

:doh:

Yeah...I couldn't help but let go of a few tears during Sun/Jin, Charlie/Claire, and Sawyer/Juliet.

For some reason, Charlie and Claire got the best of me. They were all pretty good though. I liked them all.

Some of those actors involved gave their best performance of the season. Hell, a couple may have gave their best performance of the series in those moments. :doh: