Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

This is pure speculation. Unless there's a direct quote from the writers, I'm not buying it.

Personally, I think they all died in the crash. They were a part of the afterlife throughout most of the series....including all island scenes. It helps explain why there are smoke monsters....and time travel...and how spirits can possess dead bodies. That sh!t doesn't happen in the real world...but it could happen at some metaphysical....spiritual hub, which is exactly what the island is. The island is essential in allowing all souls to find salvation before moving on. Without it, all souls would perish.

That's just my personal take, and really the thrust of the show remains the same if they had survived the crash too. Whether they're alive or dead, they needed the island to allow their souls to move on....and the island needed their help in protecting "the light". Either way, the show is still about the same thing: personal redemption/salvation.

If they died in the crash, then nothing makes sense.

Christian said the most important things these people did in life were done together, thus they were connected. What did they do together besides get on a plane? How did they even know each other's names?

What were they being awakened too throughout season 6? A second purgatory time line? Even for a sci-fi show, it would be ridiculous to say they lived out one purgatory, and couldn't advance in the parallel 2nd purgatory until they remembered the 1st purgatory.

Why would Ben need to apologize to Locke for killing him when he never killed him? Not to mention if all the Losties died in the crash, then Ben never even existed. So what the hell is he doing in the 2nd purgatory where people are awakened to the first purgatory?

Clearly, them dying in the crash makes little to no sense. What happened on the island really happened. Thus the characters are connected. The LAX time line and it only was purgatory.

If they died in the crash, then nothing makes sense.

Christian said the most important things these people did in life were done together, thus they were connected. What did they do together besides get on a plane? How did they even know each other's names?

What were they being awakened too throughout season 6? A second purgatory time line? Even for a sci-fi show, it would be ridiculous to say they lived out one purgatory, and couldn't advance in the parallel 2nd purgatory until they remembered the 1st purgatory.

Why would Ben need to apologize to Locke for killing him when he never killed him? Not to mention if all the Losties died in the crash, then Ben never even existed. So what the hell is he doing in the 2nd purgatory where people are awakened to the first purgatory?

Clearly, them dying in the crash makes little to no sense. What happened on the island really happened. Thus the characters are connected. The LAX time line and it only was purgatory.

News Flash

None of it happened, it was a tv show written by writers that were morons.

The guy who wrote this actually worked for Bad Robot productions.

He very well may know...but it could just be speculation.

Its a sci-fi show...

Nope..It's a CHARACTER show. Or so the writers told us.

So everything that happened was guided by science..everything.

It seems very obvious they did not die in the crash. The notion that they died in the crash is a massive contradiction to the whole finale and series.

so the plane broke apart a couple thousand feet in the air, 1/2 landed on the beach and 1/2 landed in the woods and that many people survived? Uh huh.. sure. :thumbsup:

I cant believe there are people who are convinced that the crash killed everyone...

Does anybody have any idea why I'm so pissed?

I've pointed out nearly a thousand continuity errors, blatant contradictions in the rules they set up, things that moved from scene to scene, and NONE of it was addressed. Rules they broke. Plot lines they dropped. I'm still waiting for Chaire and Aaron to get on that helicopter because Charlie died. Oh, yeah. It never happened. Paintings and pictures different from scene to scene. Sawyer watching Claire give birth and Charlie and Jin are standing in the wrong spots.

Either they don't give a fock about any fan, or they are seeing how their lazy writing just doesn't matter. The characters were not likeable for the most part. This could have been Survivor, except THEY decided to turn it into Mystery Science Island, then stuck a d!ck in everybody's ass.

And you just shovel that spoonful of sh!t into your mouths and call it plum pudding. Hey, you can all be pissed at me. But I was on board early on this year that things would not end well. And I was a huge fan of what they were doing until this year. And some of you folks just can't admit what you just saw.

For 6 years, "it's not purgatory, we swear".

Last night, "it's purgotary". "And magic"

Some fans :thumbsup: thank you, may I have another. :thumbsup:

:lol: You really are a dope. There are no rules. It's a TV Show!!!! :lol:

I cant believe there are people who are convinced that the crash killed everyone...

At the very least...

In an interview the creators of LOST mentioned that at the end of LOST the only character they can promise will be alive is Vincent. (Official Lost Podcast/February 5, 2009) Indeed, the final shot of the series showed Vincent alive, laying next to the dying Jack.

Nope..It's a CHARACTER show. Or so the writers told us.

So everything that happened was guided by science..everything.

:thumbsup:

Its both. You do realize a sci-fi show can focus on characters don't you?

I think Bill E summed this up quit nicely during his couple of posts. And others have really caught on as well such as Cant touch this and a few others.

It was a great ending for all of us who weren't expecting to get every question answered. Really it was Jack's conversation with Christian that explained everything, and it was nicely done.

As long as your not a nitpicker for every fine detail, and just watched the show as a whole. It was a fantastic ending.

:thumbsup:

so the plane broke apart a couple thousand feet in the air, 1/2 landed on the beach and 1/2 landed in the woods and that many people survived? Uh huh.. sure. :rolleyes:

Of course that is not likley in real life. But the writers and producers intention was not that they died in the crash.

If they died in the crash there is no reason for the special purgatory place "they created because it was one of the most important parts of their lives." They never knew each other till after the crash. Hence no need to create such a place to come together in the afterlife. Christian stated explicitly that Jack was dead, some died before him some long after. That is about as straightforward as it gets.

I honestly don't think you will find many people arguing they all died in the crash.

I cant believe people believe in fairy tales or that THAT MANY People could survive a catastrophic plane crash.

Or that there is a mythical "light" in some weird island somewhere that travels though time.

I mean seriously.. :rolleyes:

I believe it killed them all, but I find other theories interesting.

I just want to know .... how some of them kept clean shaven.

They used razors. They are small plastic and metal instruments constructed for the sole purpose of removing body hair.

so the plane broke apart a couple thousand feet in the air, 1/2 landed on the beach and 1/2 landed in the woods and that many people survived? Uh huh.. sure. :rolleyes:

News Flash

None of it happened, it was a tv show written by writers, you're a moron.

I know during season 6 they started saying not everything will be answered. But that was only because they realized they couldn't. Its just dumb they kept saying everything will make sense in the end. But it doesn't. I can kinda get the purgatory thing. We're seeing their whole life from flash backwards to the afterlife. I don't like how the purgatory worked. They all went to heaven at the same age they were at the island. So that means locke had to wait 50 or so years while jack only had to wait 30 or so years. Plus, whats the point of living a whole second life?

The afterlife thing i could accept. But i just wish they tied up the island better in the finale. The island and purgatory are just too unrelated. Beyond it being the place they met, the island has no significance in the grand scheme of the series.

Of course that is not likley in real life. But the writers and producers intention was not that they died in the crash.

If they died in the crash there is no reason for the special purgatory place "they created because it was one of the most important parts of their lives." They never knew each other till after the crash. Hence no need to create such a place to come together in the afterlife. Christian stated explicitly that Jack was dead, some died before him some long after. That is about as straightforward as it gets.

I honestly don't think you will find many people arguing they all died in the crash.

No, it isn't. Richard died before Jack, because he was killed when he was chained inside the hull of the black rock. He didn't see the MIB until after he was already dead.

Penny wasn't on the plane, she probably died later. All the candidates died in the plane crash.

I mean Locke gets shot by Ben and lives.

Ben gets shot by Sayid and lives

They all get BLOWED UP by a nuclear bomb but all live???

Nope...Unless they were already dead.

No, it isn't. Richard died before Jack, because he was killed when he was chained inside the hull of the black rock. He didn't see the MIB until after he was already dead.

Penny wasn't on the plane, she probably died later. All the candidates died in the plane crash.

:rolleyes:

Richard didn't age... Why? because he was already dead. :headbanger:

Someone really doesn't get it at all.

Someone really doesn't get it at all.

I think my theory is solid. You can't say my answer to Christian is incorrect. You can just speculate, like me.

I think my theory is solid. You can't say my answer to Christian is incorrect. You can just speculate, like me.

Your theory is retarded. If the Island is the afterlife then how did Dharma (and Ben's Group) recruit from off the Island (like in Juliet's, Roger's, and Ben's case)?

Your theory is retarded. If the Island is the afterlife then how did Dharma (and Ben's Group) recruit from off the Island (like in Juliet's, Roger's, and Ben's case)?

I said that the candidates died in the crash. I believe Ben dies on the island and did live there. I believe the DHARMA initiatve was actually on the island. Maybe the supernatural forces on the island bled into the real world somehow and the DHARMA initiative tried to tap into that.

How did everyone survive a focking NUCLEAR EXPLOSION????

Yeah, and my theory is retarded.

How did everyone survive a focking NUCLEAR EXPLOSION????

Guess I missed the part where there actually was a nuclear explosion. We don't know how the bomb interacted with the pocket of energy.

The "flash sideways" of Season 6 is more like an UBER "flash forward". That's why you have Ben and Hurley referring to their exploits as the Island Protectors in the past tense. I'm sorry that you're having trouble comprehending this.

Guess I missed the part where there actually was a nuclear explosion. We don't know how the bomb interacted with the pocket of energy.

The "flash sideways" of Season 6 is more like an UBER "flash forward". That's why you have Ben and Hurley referring to their exploits as the Island Protectors in the past tense. I'm sorry that you're having trouble comprehending this.

Really? You missed the huge focking crater at the construction site at the beginning of season 6?

Something exploded....but the nuclear reaction was muted by a fully conscious piece of rock because it felt a strong affinity for certain people....so they survived...wink, wink......before eventually succumbing to relatively inoccuous stab wounds....because the island didn't need them anymore. :rolleyes:

If they all survived, then there was no reason whatsoever to show the plane wreckage. They all died. Just accept it.....and move on.

Really? You missed the huge focking crater at the construction site at the beginning of season 6?

Something exploded....but the nuclear reaction was muted by a fully conscious piece of rock because it felt a strong affinity for certain people....so they survived...wink, wink......before eventually succumbing to relatively inoccuous stab wounds....because the island didn't need them anymore. :rolleyes:

If they all survived, then there was no reason whatsoever to show the plane wreckage. They all died. Just accept it.....and move on.

The crater was the same as after Desmond turned the failsafe key.

I think his thought was that they were sent from the 70s back to the proper time after the hatch exploded.

They all survived...they said as much in the finale.

If they were all dead on the crash...none of those people would have been finding each other in the flash sideways? You all who think they died in the crash simply can't really get past that part.

I liked it better on a second viewing once I knew what to expect.

Simply put...if they all died during the crash...why would they be waiting in "purgatory"/sideways timeline with people they had no connection to prior to the crash or life on the island?

Why would Desmond and Penny be there? Juliet?

They all died, just not in the crash. Boone died when he got injured helping Locke, Locke died when Ben killed him. Jin and Sun died when the sub sank, Charlie died in the looking glass. Same with Shannon. Why would they die in the crash only to die again? Granted there are things that don't make sense but that makes less sense to me than anything. I think its a stretch to presume they died in the crash due to some footage during the closing credits that really was not even part of the main show. My take was the wreckage shot was just a closing tribute to the show itself.

Why would Jack have a scar in purgatory from a knife wound he sustained in, umm.... purgatory? The whole point was that they needed to connect with each other to remember a important part of their lives so they could move on from purgatory. Not so they could remember a special part of their purgatory so they could move on from purgatory.

and again..

CHRISTIAN TOLD JACK THAT BEING WITH THOSE PEOPLE WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME IN HIS LIFE.

Simply put...if they all died during the crash...why would they be waiting in "purgatory"/sideways timeline with people they had no connection to prior to the crash or life on the island?

Why would Desmond and Penny be there? Juliet?

We have a winnah. I can't believe we're still discussing this two days after the finale.

They all died, just not in the crash. Boone died when he got injured helping Locke, Locke died when Ben killed him. Jin and Sun died when the sub sank, Charlie died in the looking glass. Same with Shannon. Why would they die in the crash only to die again? Granted there are things that don't make sense but that makes less sense to me than anything. I think its a stretch to presume they died in the crash due to some footage during the closing credits that really was not even part of the main show. My take was the wreckage shot was just a closing tribute to the show itself.

Why would Jack have a scar in purgatory from a knife wound he sustained in, umm.... purgatory? The whole point was that they needed to connect with each other to remember a important part of their lives so they could move on from purgatory. Not so they could remember a special part of their purgatory so they could move on from purgatory.

and again..

CHRISTIAN TOLD JACK THAT BEING WITH THOSE PEOPLE WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME IN HIS LIFE.

WE HAVE A WINNAH!!!!! :rolleyes:

The crater was the same as after Desmond turned the failsafe key.

I think his thought was that they were sent from the 70s back to the proper time after the hatch exploded.

They all survived...they said as much in the finale.

If they were all dead on the crash...none of those people would have been finding each other in the flash sideways? You all who think they died in the crash simply can't really get past that part.

Yeah...the crater from the hatch explosion....that could be. I just don't get why the island would transport a ton or two of construction materials along with Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, and Juliet.

How do you know they wouldn't have found themselves in the flash sideways regardless? Isn't that how fate works? They were fated to be with one another. Whether in this life.....or some manifestation afterward. And you can't explain the very last scene....except to say it was the writers focking with you. Meh.....I take it to mean everyone died. Case closed.....story over.

And you can't explain the very last scene....except to say it was the writers focking with you. Meh.....I take it to mean everyone died. Case closed.....story over.

:lol: :bandana: :rolleyes:

Some people...

So now you are on the other side of the issue. :bandana:

1st one that made sense and was short enough for me to read. :rolleyes:

Why would they die in the crash only to die again?

Keamey died twice. Charlie could have died twice. I assume Sun could have died if the bullet lodged itself a little to the left.

And all this happened in purgatory.....when they were already dead.....dead, dead. Everyone agrees on that.....everyone in the flash sideways was already dead.....and seemed like they could be killed off anyway.

We have a winnah. I can't believe we're still discussing this two days after the finale.

Nothing to discuss. Explain How they all survived a nuclear explosion and the plane wreckage

Explain why Jack dies on the same spot he landed on when the plane crashed. You can't. Which is why the all dead theory has value. Not saying others are bad, I just believe this is the right one.

Yeah...the crater from the hatch explosion....that could be. I just don't get why the island would transport a ton or two of construction materials along with Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, and Juliet.

How do you know they wouldn't have found themselves in the flash sideways regardless? Isn't that how fate works? They were fated to be with one another. Whether in this life.....or some manifestation afterward. And you can't explain the very last scene....except to say it was the writers focking with you. Meh.....I take it to mean everyone died. Case closed.....story over.

I think it was a cya to the show...just something to show how far they have come.

I never looked at it and thought...man, did they really just die on the crash.