Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

I'm 25 minutes into the final episode and I'm ready to turn it off.

wtf is this trash? :music_guitarred:

Turn it off now.

I agree with most everyone else who's followed this show since Season 1: This entire last season felt like a total ripoff. It's like the writers abandoned every plot intrigue they had going for 5 fraking years and decided to goof off and make something they thought might be "cool." The fact that they were so snide and condescending about it in interviews makes me want to punch them both in the face, then turn them over to phillybear and a blowtorch.

It was mildly entertaining, but an epic fail.

It's sad because they totally ruined any re-watchability the series may have had. It'd be so ridiculous watching seasons 1-5 ever again knowing they were totally inconsequential and unrelated to what season 6 tells us the entire show was about.

How did Desmond know what to do when he got to the light?

Anytime you don't know the answer to something on LOST, just think about the fact that the light in the center of the island is the light inside us all. Thus, it magically

makes anything that doesn't make sense happen.

I for one was very confused thinking about the fact that they time traveled back into the 1970's. I couldn't figure out why that happened or what the purpose of it was up against the rest of the show. Then I remembered that the light in the center of the island is the light inside us all. Know what I mean?

He's special, dumbass. Just like you.

Pathetic. Two years lead-time to rap this up and this was the best they could do?

Just happened to be a nice brand new roll of duct tape to fix the airplane. :thumbsdown:

How many times did Sawyer say "Son of a b1tch" during the 6 seasons of Lost?

Maybe I blacked out for a minute, but how the hell did they get the tree of Ben? One minute they can't move the tree, the next scene Ben is walking with them through the jungle.

And for that matter, how did a tree landing on him not hurt him? It was a big tree.

Maybe I blacked out for a minute, but how the hell did they get the tree of Ben? One minute they can't move the tree, the next scene Ben is walking with them through the jungle.

And for that matter, how did a tree landing on him not hurt him? It was a big tree.

No, they didn't show how they got it off and it's Lost, what more you need to know?

I honestly saw more realism watching Star Wars

I love the nice perfect runway the plan had to take off, bent wing and all. :thumbsdown:

Why didn't Hurley and Linus turn into smoke monsters from going into the cave?

you know, you were a real good number 2.

Why didn't Hurley and Linus turn into smoke monsters from going into the cave?

Or even Jack.

When we saw his bloody beat up body laying there similar to how Jacob found MIB, I thought for a sec that he'd be a smoke monster now. But nope, the cave only turns people into smoke monsters sometimes apparently.

I'm still very confused by all of that. How the hell did the light turn MIB into a smoke monster of all things? :thumbsdown:

Wait, now I remember. The light in the center of the island is the light inside us all. Thus, it magically

Or even Jack.

When we saw his bloody beat up body laying there similar to how Jacob found MIB, I thought for a sec that he'd be a smoke monster now. But nope, the cave only turns people into smoke monsters sometimes apparently.

I'm still very confused by all of that. How the hell did the light turn MIB into a smoke monster of all things? :rolleyes:

Wait, now I remember. The light in the center of the island is the light inside us all. Thus, it magically

:thumbsdown:

Sayid ends the show with a hot piece of tail and Jack ends the show with a dog laying next to him.

I thought the same thing. And why would they even want to free Ben, who half an hour earlier had a gun in Sawyer's back?

Also, Lapidus >>>> Sully. He cranks up the engines....sh!t flying around all over the place....but magically none of it ends up in the engines......magic.

The final shot still bugs the hell out of me. I can live with everything else in the story arc....no matter how fantastic....unrealistic it all was. But why show the plane wreckage at the end? Why leave that as the final image we see?

Sayid ends the show with a hot piece of tail and Jack ends the show with a dog laying next to him.

Full circle, the show started with Jack opening his eyes with the dog near him.

The final shot still bugs the hell out of me. I can live with everything else in the story arc....no matter how fantastic....unrealistic it all was. But why show the plane wreckage at the end? Why leave that as the final image we see?

It was trickery.

They wanted the last image to be from way back when the show actually made sense. The hope was to leave a good taste in our mouth. Like a spoonful of sugar to top off the shiit sandwich we'd just been fed.

Or even Jack.

I'm still very confused by all of that. How the hell did the light turn MIB into a smoke monster of all things? :thumbsdown:

MIB did kill his mom in cold blood...so maybe that's why he turned into smokie. Or maybe the fact he was murdered and sent down stream? Don't know why he turned into a huge bong hit instead of like a giant scorpion though.....who cares really.

I don't think you can possibly get a more emotional series finale. There is Juliet, broken, dying, pounding on the bomb that leaves the TV screen blank. Perfect, simply perfect ending for the series.

I don't think you can possibly get a more emotional series finale. There is Juliet, broken, dying, pounding on the bomb that leaves the TV screen blank. Perfect, simply perfect ending for the series.

:rolleyes:

I would have rather they never had a season 6.

You guys are a bunch of babies. It was a great show and the finale was fine. Go watch fringe.

Personally, i don't think the endgame was worth it. The whole point of the series was to have some kind of purgatory where everyone meets up? Like everyone else has said, the flash sideways has nothing to do with the rest of the series. There is NOTHING that happened in the first 5 seasons that you can point to and say, this why a purgatory makes sense. Or this is why they went to purgatory.

Obviously being at the island isn't a requirement to be in purgatory as we saw lots of people there. I dunno. The whole ending i think sucked. What did it have to do with the island at all? Seasons 6 could have been for whatever show it wanted it to be. It could've been its own one season show. What they remembered as they touched each other was inconsequential. Thats what makes it a sh1tty ending for me.

Personally, i don't think the endgame was worth it. The whole point of the series was to have some kind of purgatory where everyone meets up? Like everyone else has said, the flash sideways has nothing to do with the rest of the series. There is NOTHING that happened in the first 5 seasons that you can point to and say, this why a purgatory makes sense. Or this is why they went to purgatory.

Obviously being at the island isn't a requirement to be in purgatory as we saw lots of people there. I dunno. The whole ending i think sucked. What did it have to do with the island at all? Seasons 6 could have been for whatever show it wanted it to be. It could've been its own one season show. What they remembered as they touched each other was inconsequential. Thats what makes it a sh1tty ending for me.

:thumbsup:

I thought I understood why Jack's neck was bleeding when I thought the time lines were bleeding together....

But why would Jack's neck be bleeding in purgatory? It wasn't a parallel time line at all. :thumbsup:

I thought I understood why Jack's neck was bleeding when I thought the time lines were bleeding together....

But why would Jack's neck be bleeding in purgatory? It wasn't a parallel time line at all. :thumbsup:

I think the purgatory time-line could've started with Jack's death. Kimmel thought when the plane hit turbulence, then stopped and Rose tells Jack "I think you can let go now" that was the start. So, his injuries were still somewhat there, like the scar on his stomach.

The island, first 5 seasons, had great purpose in it brought them all together and "fixed" their lives just so they can come back together before they let go in the after-life. They told the complete story of the characters like no show ever did. Sorry if you thought it was mostly about the mythology.

I think before or early in the season, they were asked about the season and what questions would go unanswered/answered. They said this show was about the CHARACTERS and not the mythology. I think they brought it upon themselves that they introduced this complicated and deep mythology, and a lot of people really took to that and put the characters on the back burner like philly. However, they got a lot of feedback that people actually didn't like the whole sci-fi mythology portion of the show. Sorry, but most people that watched the show were mostly interested in the characters. Not on here, but we represent the minority on here. I was interested in everything, i saw early in season 6 that they were not going to wrap up the mythology and answer a lot of mysteries that have plagued us for years. So, i just came to terms with it, made up my own conclusions on those, and moved on.

However, they did as job of job you can possibly do at telling all the character stories. Just beautifully done. However, i would be lying if i said i was completely satisfied. In fact, my first reaction to the end was "Really?!?! WTF was that?!?!?" Then i i thought about it and got it, and it's really good. There were, apparently big plots holes, that did go unexplained. The light i think we are to assume is some sort of super-element that needs water to run it, that creates the island and allows it to be as special as it is.

Also, i think it's obvious why we didn't see a lot of characters. They weren't as strongly connected to Jack/the island as the others, or simply weren't ready to join them. Like Ben, i am sure many of them had stuff to work out before they were able to "let go". Like Eloise wanted more time with her son. The "purgatory" gave people a second chance, but ultimately they had to let go and move on. The losties needed to move on together.

I think they realized they couldn't tie together the mythology part, they did get themselves in too deep with that, so they figured they would show us a few things but leave most of those mysteries open, and instead focus on the characters and completing their story as best they could. They did an incredible job at that.

They said that the DVD set will have extras that answer a lot of mysteries. If you own all of them like i do, you know the extras are usually really cool.

Oh yeah, i saw this post on another forum and thought it was a good description....

-If you've loved season 6 you probably will love it

-If you've hated season 6 and still expected the finale to magically tie all lose ends together, you will hate it even more

-If you've disliked season 6 and realized after across the sea that they would never tie up a bunch of lose ends, you mike like it allot like I did.

-If you only cared about answers, you will be greatly dissapointed

-If you look at it as a stand alone piece of art, its amazing

Oh yeah, i saw this post on another forum and thought it was a good description....

-If you've loved season 6 you probably will love it

-If you've hated season 6 and still expected the finale to magically tie all lose ends together, you will hate it even more

-If you've disliked season 6 and realized after across the sea that they would never tie up a bunch of lose ends, you mike like it allot like I did.

-If you only cared about answers, you will be greatly dissapointed

-If you look at it as a stand alone piece of art, its amazing

First off, not even the apologists seem to have loved season 6. That group doesn't exist.

But I agree that as a stand alone piece of art it was pretty damn good. But that's the problem. The whole LAX timeline was a standalone piece that was totally unrelated to the other 5 seasons, not to mention the island time line of season 6.

As a series finale, while being very entertaining as a stand alone piece, it was a massive failure.

First off, not even the apologists seem to have loved season 6. That group doesn't exist.

But I agree that as a stand alone piece of art it was pretty damn good. But that's the problem. The whole LAX timeline was a standalone piece that was totally unrelated to the other 5 seasons, not to mention the island time line of season 6.

As a series finale, while being very entertaining as a stand alone piece, it was a massive failure.

I thought season 6 was cluttered, but wasn't a bad season like a lot of people would suggest. I thought the ending was perfect for the character portion of the show, so no one can say it's a massive failure. It showed the characters in full circle, even after their death, no show has ever done that. It's like flash-forwards and flash-backs, people don't realize that seeing people before the island and off the island had nothing to do with that happened on the island. The purpose of the flashes was to tell the character's stories completely. They did this better than anyone has.

Now, the mythology portion of the show was an epic fail, i do agree with this. I came to terms with this a long time ago as should have most of you.

I thought season 6 was cluttered, but wasn't a bad season like a lot of people would suggest. I thought the ending was perfect for the character portion of the show, so no one can say it's a massive failure. It showed the characters in full circle, even after their death, no show has ever done that. It's like flash-forwards and flash-backs, people don't realize that seeing people before the island and off the island had nothing to do with that happened on the island. The purpose of the flashes was to tell the character's stories completely. They did this better than anyone has.

Now, the mythology portion of the show was an epic fail, i do agree with this. I came to terms with this a long time ago as should have most of you.

That's actually a pretty good point. One of the better points I've seen. All the "flashes" were context essentially....and truth be told, I don't have a major problem with the purgatory storyline. In the end, it was entertaining and I do agree they did a decent job with the character's stories.

____

My issues weren't with the little things as far as mythology goes. It was the big giant things.

- I don't really understand what the island is. I understand basically it's just the place that the light is housed. But the explanation of the light is one of the weaker things I've seen on any tv show. It seems as if they came up with that explanation in 5 minutes just before the show in which they explained it. Beyond half assed.

- MIB leaving the island in prior seasons. Yes, the basis of 6 seasons of conflict. I know some here claim it was someone else occupying Christian's body at the time. Whatever. Just the fact that it's so ambiguous and we aren't sure is a pretty major flaw. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

- I don't understand the point of entire seasons of this show. Time travel? What was the deal with that? Why were scientists studying it? Why did any of that matter?

I didn't need all the mysteries solved. I just needed it to feel like they had a plan like they kept promising. They had no plan.

That's actually a pretty good point. One of the better points I've seen. All the "flashes" were context essentially....and truth be told, I don't have a major problem with the purgatory storyline. In the end, it was entertaining and I do agree they did a decent job with the character's stories.

____

My issues weren't with the little things as far as mythology goes. It was the big giant things.

- I don't really understand what the island is. I understand basically it's just the place that the light is housed. But the explanation of the light is one of the weaker things I've seen on any tv show. It seems as if they came up with that explanation in 5 minutes just before the show in which they explained it. Beyond half assed.

- MIB leaving the island in prior seasons. Yes, the basis of 6 seasons of conflict. I know some here claim it was someone else occupying Christian's body at the time. Whatever. Just the fact that it's so ambiguous and we aren't sure is a pretty major flaw. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

- I don't understand the point of entire seasons of this show. Time travel? What was the deal with that? Why were scientists studying it? Why did any of that matter?

I didn't need all the mysteries solved. I just needed it to feel like they had a plan like they kept promising. They had no plan.

I agree that they messed up with the mythology. I think they got so deep into it they realize they wouldn't able to explain everything in a manner that had any logic. So they basically gave us very broad reasoning(ala light in a cave) were we can come up with our own conclusions without any true reasoning. I liked that we can a better look at the light and what it is and what the cave is. Like i said, i think we can assume it's some super-element that needs water to be powered and gives off a lot of electromagnetism.

Still, i agree it's disappointing that a lot of the mystery went unexplained. That is acceptable even, keep it a mystery and lets us come up with out own conclusions, that's fine. However, there are glaring plot holes that went unexplained.

All that being said, the ending was still perfect for what they were trying to do.

By the end of the series, every living character as well as many of the recently dead, had endured an exhausting series of events and been thrust into numerous sets of unbearable circumstances. Through all the trials and and struggles, the producers of Lost created a palpable feeling of hopelessness and fatigue in every character on the show. Finally, during the allegedly "pointless" flash sideways, the characters each have their "Awakening" and can finally "let go" and realize that they don't have to wander lost (or Lost) any longer.

The series finale showed me that, despite my months of disagreement with this notion, I actually WAS more interested in the character stories than all the mysteries. Yes, I was much more satisfied with seeing Sawyer and Juliet reunited than in being told why MIB turned into a Smokie.

It was very good.

I am not pleased. :thumbsdown:

Fock the Kimmel sh!t. I going to try to get some sleep and forget this raping of our sensibilities. Enjoy hashing this out. I will reserve further comment for a few days. After writing up the this final abortion, I will have to compile a series of articles chronicling the thousands of unanswered questions and the lack of anything resembling anything that made sense as far as the ending of the show.

Or I'll just flush my DVDs down the crapper and forget all the wasted time.

I stopped caring about your opinion on this show months ago. I thought this was an outstanding ending to an amazing show. Well done all!

Not one mention of how fawking hawt the b!tches looked in the finale. dayyyuuuummmm...

1. Juliette, total smokin

2. Kate, looking real cute

3. Penny, sexy mama

4. Charlotte, I would do red lookin like that

5. Sun, I'll give her 5 buckie

6. Rose, bend over

There are more...

I stopped caring about your opinion on this show months ago. I thought this was an outstanding ending to an amazing show. Well done all!

Outstanding? Seriously?

I know taste is subjective and all, and I'm not trying to bust your balls here jets, but I honestly don't understand how any long-time fan of the show (particularly a male fan) could come away from that not feeling like it was at least a bit of a senseless clusterfock down the stretch.

I did not love Season 6. I thought it was ok...far from the ripping of the writing that you and philly and a few others give it.

Simply not true. Your stats.

Far more liked the ending and the series than took your point of view.

Though, its obvious why you disliked it...it was so character centric...and you hated most of the main characters.

Outstanding? Seriously?

I know taste is subjective and all, and I'm not trying to bust your balls here jets, but I honestly don't understand how any long-time fan of the show (particularly a male fan) could come away from that not feeling like it was at least a bit of a senseless clusterfock down the stretch.

I thought it was the PERFECT end for the character part of the show. They did nothing to answer the mythological part other than show us the light and cave up close. So it was like a 50% success/fail. Again, i came to terms with they would not answer the mythological questions after Across The Sea, and myself started to focus on the characters. The character's stories were told in full circle. From before they came to the island, during the island, when they got off the island then came back together, and when they eventually all meant again in the afterlife. Just perfect.

To me, it looks like my theory of it simply being Christian's ghost/spirit was correct. It wasn't someone else occupying his body, not even MIB. Didn't seem sloppy to me at all. Seems like you just don't like it, which I have no problem with.

Far more liked the ending and the series than took your point of view.

Though, its obvious why you disliked it...it was so character centric...and you hated most of the main characters.

Actually, he was kind of right. I would say it's more like 75/25. That also includes retards who are like "What about the polar bears?!?!?!"

Philly, your a great poster and i appreciate all your input over the 6 years, but you are in the minority with your thought process on the show. You had the meaning of the show wrong, if the show had answered all the questions, it would have took about from why the show was created. It is true mystery. Of course i too wish they would have at least gave us more insight on many of the questions.