Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Not one mention of how fawking hawt the b!tches looked in the finale. dayyyuuuummmm...

1. Juliette, total smokin

2. Kate, looking real cute

3. Penny, sexy mama

4. Charlotte, I would do red lookin like that

5. Sun, I'll give her 5 buckie

6. Rose, bend over

There are more...

REALLY? I would rank it like this:

1. Kate- that black dress at the end sealed it for me.

2. Alex- Wasn't in finale, but damn. DAMN.

3. Charloette- Red head AND an accent? Hot.

4. Juliet- Show her bewbs more plz.

5. Sun - Although she has a weird face, still hot.

6. Penny - I would steer her boat any day.

7. Claire- The whole preggo/crazy thing ruined her hotness on the show, but I can see through that stuff, she is hot.

ETA: Also, 1920. We should try to get this thread to 2000.

Outstanding? Seriously?

I know taste is subjective and all, and I'm not trying to bust your balls here jets, but I honestly don't understand how any long-time fan of the show (particularly a male fan) could come away from that not feeling like it was at least a bit of a senseless clusterfock down the stretch.

:thumbsdown:

So, you know taste is subjective and all but you don't understand my opinion? Huh.

What does being a male fan have to do with it? That's a fairly ignorant statement.

This wasn't some groundbreaking book that required the perfect ending. It was a TELEVISION SHOW. It told a great story for 6 years and kept my interest throughout. I found myself getting really pumped as they all started to realize the island memories as they came across each other. I got choked up during both the Charlie/Claire and Sawyer/Juliet scenes. I didn't have any expectations that all questions were being answered. I was one who enjoyed the people and their relationships. I wasn't concerned as much about the island as Phillybear. There was no way they were going to make everybody happy. Like I said, outstanding ending to an amazing show.

My three favorite shows of all time are in no order

Lost

The Shield

BSG

The diehards hated the way they all ended. I was happy with all three endings. With Lost I was happy that they took the ending out of the hands of Jacob and MIB and returned it to the main characters. I give it all :thumbsdown: and will really miss the show.

This wasn't some groundbreaking book that required the perfect ending. It was a TELEVISION SHOW. It told a great story for 6 years and kept my interest throughout. I found myself getting really pumped as they all started to realize the island memories as they came across each other. I got choked up during both the Charlie/Claire and Sawyer/Juliet scenes. I didn't have any expectations that all questions were being answered. I was one who enjoyed the people and their relationships. I wasn't concerned as much about the island as Phillybear. There was no way they were going to make everybody happy. Like I said, outstanding ending to an amazing show.

I agree 100%. The best part of the show is they develped some amazing characters.

Another thing i don't get. Jacob said he chose them because they were like him. Lonely, flawed, etc. Did he know they were gonna be like that when they were just kids or what? Is he able to see the future? He touched sawyer and kate when they were both under 15.

Does anybody have any idea why I'm so pissed?

I've pointed out nearly a thousand continuity errors, blatant contradictions in the rules they set up, things that moved from scene to scene, and NONE of it was addressed. Rules they broke. Plot lines they dropped. I'm still waiting for Chaire and Aaron to get on that helicopter because Charlie died. Oh, yeah. It never happened. Paintings and pictures different from scene to scene. Sawyer watching Claire give birth and Charlie and Jin are standing in the wrong spots.

Either they don't give a fock about any fan, or they are seeing how their lazy writing just doesn't matter. The characters were not likeable for the most part. This could have been Survivor, except THEY decided to turn it into Mystery Science Island, then stuck a d!ck in everybody's ass.

And you just shovel that spoonful of sh!t into your mouths and call it plum pudding. Hey, you can all be pissed at me. But I was on board early on this year that things would not end well. And I was a huge fan of what they were doing until this year. And some of you folks just can't admit what you just saw.

For 6 years, "it's not purgatory, we swear".

Last night, "it's purgotary". "And magic"

Some fans :mad: thank you, may I have another. :pointstosky:

I stopped caring about your opinion on this show months ago.

That's OK. I picked up a couple of thousand other readers along the way.

Another thing i don't get. Jacob said he chose them because they were like him. Lonely, flawed, etc. Did he know they were gonna be like that when they were just kids or what? Is he able to see the future? He touched sawyer and kate when they were both under 15.

Considering when he "touched" both of them...they were at lonely and flawed points in their lives weren't they?

Because even after all your ramblings and notes you took you have no clue what the ending was?

Hint...the Island was not purgatory.

Because even after all your ramblings and notes you took you have no clue what the ending was?

Hint...the Island was not purgatory.

You aren't paying attention to anything I'm saying. You frustrate me. I wish that I may smite thee.

You aren't paying attention to anything I'm saying. You frustrate me. I wish that I may smite thee.

Im paying attention...plenty of your criticisms are valid...plenty are very very very nitpicky...and you ended up, several seasons ago, hating several the most important characters...thus, I don't think a show about those very characters could ever please you after about season 3.

Im paying attention...plenty of your criticisms are valid...plenty are very very very nitpicky...and you ended up, several seasons ago, hating several the most important characters...thus, I don't think a show about those very characters could ever please you after about season 3.

I stayed upbeat after the polar bear cages, Dammit Kate Run up to about the Kate centric episode of this season, 6.3. Maybe some of that is that most of the main characters during that time were not Jack and Kate and Sun as much as Locke, and Ben, and Sawyer, and Juliet, and Desmond, and Dharma, and time traveling, and Daniel and the other scientists, and other great stuff. I suppose it's possible that all that goodness went away and they reestablished Jack and Kate and Hurley this year, and I was not pleased. It's like trading gold bars for a a bushel full of hay. That is my character beef. You got rid of the interesting, talented actors, and gave us Kate again.

That would make me angry. If that's what happened. But that's not what happened. :mad:

WALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE most over-hyped Lost character EVER!!!

Now Mr Eko was a different story.

THE most over-hyped Lost character EVER!!!

Now Mr Eko was a different story.

That is the one thing i really, really didn't like about this show, especially this season. I was told Mr.Eko's character would have closure, yet nothing. I mean, i even would've took him dealing smack on a street corner in LA, just something.

Walt i will give the writers a pass on, it's hard to deal with a Kareem growth spurt he had.

Walt i will give the writers a pass on, it's hard to deal with a Kareem growth spurt he had.

It's an example of bad planning.

In a series when practically no time is passing, you can more or less hide the aging of the older actors. The baby can be replaced since they all look pretty much alike.

But it's impossible to hide an actor going through puberty.

That is the one thing i really, really didn't like about this show, especially this season. I was told Mr.Eko's character would have closure, yet nothing. I mean, i even would've took him dealing smack on a street corner in LA, just something.

:) :thumbsup: As great as this show was, I always thought it could have been even better if Mr. Eko stayed with it. Probably the most disappointing departure of a character for me in ANY show I have ever watched. Hell, him leaving is worse for me than all the unanswered questions. My personal favorite character out all that were on this show. And there were a lot of outstanding characters, so that is saying something. Not all characters were awesome the whole series, but at times, most had an amazing performance somewhere and most of the other times, were at least decent. THere were a few that were awesome most of the time, and Eko was at the top of that list.

:music_guitarred: :wave: As great as this show was, I always thought it could have been even better if Mr. Eko stayed with it. Probably the most disappointing departure of a character for me in ANY show I have ever watched. Hell, him leaving is worse for me than all the unanswered questions. My personal favorite character out all that were on this show. And there were a lot of outstanding characters, so that is saying something. Not all characters were awesome the whole series, but at times, most had an amazing performance somewhere and most of the other times, were at least decent. THere were a few that were awesome most of the time, and Eko was at the top of that list.

Mine too actually. I guess you can give the writers a semi-pass, they killed him off because Adewale wanted off the show, not much you can do if the actor wants out. It was a bizzare reason too, he said he hated Hawaii :shocking: . However, i think he would've came back for an episode or two for closure, i think he said he would like to come back to give his character closure. They have mentioned many times that they had big plans for Eko, i am willing to bet he would've been there until the last episode and played a big role in the ending.

1. Eko

2. Locke

3. Ben

4. Desmond

5. Juliet

Those are probably my top 5 characters on Lost. Vincent just missed the list, he made his first appearance in a while. That dog has to be old too, probably 9 or 10 years old, maybe he is invincible.

Mine too actually. I guess you can give the writers a semi-pass, they killed him off because Adewale wanted off the show, not much you can do if the actor wants out. It was a bizzare reason too, he said he hated Hawaii :shocking: . However, i think he would've came back for an episode or two for closure, i think he said he would like to come back to give his character closure. They have mentioned many times that they had big plans for Eko, i am willing to bet he would've been there until the last episode and played a big role in the ending.

1. Eko

2. Locke

3. Ben

4. Desmond

5. Juliet

Those are probably my top 5 characters on Lost. Vincent just missed the list, he made his first appearance in a while. That dog has to be old too, probably 9 or 10 years old, maybe he is invincible.

:music_guitarred: :wave: Great list. Hard to argue against it. Hell, I think I totally agree with it. Sawyer is prolly next for me on that list. To wrap up the top tier if you will.

Just finished watching it.

It was a ending for the masses. Not for people who were lured into the series because it was built on attention to details and complex interconnected story lines. But I am glad others enjoyed it.

I am totally with the nitpickers on this one, the show's legacy could have been so much more. I think the writers took an easy way out because they either out thought themselves or were worried about an overly complex season 6 that a casual viewer might lose interest in.

I feel like I could make a rather large list of question and inconsistencies but I suspect Philly might be writing one up (I would love to read/contribute/critique it) So I will just hammer out a few things now that made me scratch my head about the finale.

Ben crushed by a tree, seemingly trapped only to be inexplicably free and fine moments later? Why bother trapping him in the first place? So we think he goes out like a chump? So we don't think Kate will shoot MIB? Bah... That is 3 minutes that could have been spent explaining something remotely interesting like why Jacob appears as a young boy or why Smokey hates ash or HOW THE MOTHER FOOKING ISLAND CAME TO BE AND WHO BUILT THE RUINS, TEMPLES, GIANT STATUES, FROZEN DONKEY WHEELS, HEART OF ISLAND / ISLAND PLUG, WHAT THE VALENZETTI EQUATION HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING, ECT ECT ECT to the 100th power. (But I am not bitter of anything :wave: )

One thing I really thought was inconceivable was ending the series without clarifying "The Rules." At one time Ben could not kill Whitmore due to them and we really never got to definitively learn why MIB needed a loophole to kill Jacob. This one is pretty high on the list of things that needed to be addressed in my opinion.

MIB and Jacks fight was kinda weak. Similar to Jacobs fireside speech last week, this fight scene should have been epic but it came across vanilla to me. Comparatively, Sawyer and Jacks fistfight in "The Incident" was on a whole 'nother level. I expected a bit more from the culmination of Black vrs. White.

I, along with many others, though Jack looked destined to become a smoke monster. This was an intriguing thought that would probably have caught just about everyone off guard and could have given "The End" some teeth. Unfortunately like many other situations this season it kind of defied what we have previously learned and for some strange reason only MIB has the right stuff to become a Smokey. Desmond I can let slide, he is special and my guess would be the electromagnetism is involved in the process therefore he is immune. But I can't figure out why Jack was spared. Of how the fook he ended up outside the hole in the water, but hey Philly and others are right, this stopped being a show that paid attention to details a while back.

The line "There is no now here" is an massive cop out IMHO. This is why they were so adamant about stating season 7 is not an "alternate" time line. Weak. I can hear Nelson from The Simpsons saying Haaa Haaa!! about the entire alt time line. Its going to be tough for me to re watch my LOST blurays down the road knowing so much of the show is inconsequential to the end. I really hate to say it but Philly might be correct when he says the series ended with Juliette smashing the bomb.

It was entertaining to see all the characters converging just to give the illusion of a "happy ending" but it is not the way I wanted the show to go. I would have settled for a nice ass shot of Kate in her dress pants though.

It's been a great ride and I truly enjoyed it but I will always be left with the feeling it could have and should have been so much more. That and knowing that Vincent will most likley eat Jacks face not long after he is cold. :music_guitarred:

Have you not read my posts the last week? It's about time your diabetic stricken fucck head showed up so someone besides me would point out that the godddamn show is over and we don't even know what the hell the island is! Not to mention I'm still not convinced MIB didn't visit Jack in the hospital.

And yet everyone here loved it because all the characters made out in the end. Sheesh. Everyone is gay. The finale was entertaining, but completely pointless.

WALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He came out of retirement an appeared to Locke when he was near death, helped him, then got an unimportant cameo later.

I too was disappointed only because the writers did want us to show interest in both the characters AND the mysteries. But in the end, they abandoned the mysteries and focused on just the characters.

I have always said that LOST was very watchable week to week, even if they frustratingly never answered questions and just piled more on.

However, now if anyone asks me if the show is watchable and if they should rent it, I will tell them sure but don't pay any attention to the mysteries, because they don't matter.

The finale was a great episode, as most LOST shows were. I was always entertained. But I really was hoping for a payoff. Season 6 was a disappointment.

Also, I think they all died in the crash. All of them that were on it anyway. Thus the plane parts and Jack being back to the exact place he was when the show started with the same injury and the dog. All this happened in the characters "purgatory" and happened in an instant. "There is no now here." That wasn't referring to the Church, it was referring to the afterlife. Christian's comment that some died earlier, some later didn't refer to Hurley. Earlier was Richard. He died when the black rock landed on the island and he was shackled to the ship. Desmond died when he was trying to circle the globe for Penny and crashed on the island. Penny dies later, which may have been one Christian was referring to. Juliet? Not sure when she dies but probably on the island with the DHARMA initiatve.

I think Ben's time on the island was real, and he died there.

I think the MIB died when Jacob killed him and wanted "to leave" the island so he could go to his final place. I can't figure out the Jacob angle. How was he able to keep the MIB on the island? He said "as long as I'm alive you're not going anywhere" but that was wayyyy back in time. Seems like a plot hole. and why did Jacob not want MIB to leave? Would he have been lonely?

Is it possible their souls were being fought over by Jacob and MIB?

I was trying to think if all the candidates committed one of the seven deadly sins:

Hurley = Gluttony Obvious..

Jack= Jealousy Jealous of his father

Sawyer=Greed/Wrath Wrath for his parent's deaths, greed from his cons

Sayid=Wrath Obvious again.

Kate=Wrath For her abusive stepfather.

Ben=Envy?

Maybe that made them "candidates" for evil to claim their souls and until they could run this scenario and join with good or evil they could not leave?

But I also think that the writers did NOT have this in their mind when they created the show. They just threw this answer together and forced it on us.

REALLY? I would rank it like this:

1. Kate- that black dress at the end sealed it for me.

2. Alex- Wasn't in finale, but damn. DAMN.

3. Charloette- Red head AND an accent? Hot.

4. Juliet- Show her bewbs more plz.

5. Sun - Although she has a weird face, still hot.

6. Penny - I would steer her boat any day.

7. Claire- The whole preggo/crazy thing ruined her hotness on the show, but I can see through that stuff, she is hot.

ETA: Also, 1920. We should try to get this thread to 2000.

Just kinda threw my list together.

Juliet and Kate ate pretty much tied at 1-2

So pretty much this

1a Juliet - hard for me to get past the nice rack

1b Kate - smokin athletic bod, really cute, her last scene with Jack and her "fock me" eyes totally melted me

(I'd have to flip a coin if I had the choice and let fate decide.)

3. Penny - girl i would like to marry

4. Charlotte - yeah

5. Alex - I like em young (gotta be 18) she was right?

6. Sun - her talking normally, she is much hotter

No, pretty much this:

The executives at the network have some ideas for new shows in the Lost time slot.

The writers are told to come up with an end. And they do.

In other words, if the writers were given another year to write stories .... they would have written another year.

The ending, and the meaning, was not important. As long as they kept you interested in these imaginary characters while it was on. See: The Sopranos. Also see: All My Children and General Hospital.

It's not broadcast soap opera crap .... it's HBO.

I hope that Breaking Bad has an actual end game, because I really like that show.

It's a bluff

It's all smoke and mirrors. You got fed dog shiat, and you loved it. You are a perfect little stupid consumer. Hah hah, hah .... you cared, REALLY CARED about fictional characters that dodn't exist.

Did they ever answer how the one guy kept shaving his head? On a desert island .... with no kinda, fresh razor resource?

Haven't read the first 48 pages of this thread, but I have watched since Season 1. I'll chime in with a few comments.

1. It felt like the writers liked too many of the characters - basically every character except Smokey - and didn't want anything bad to ultimately happen to them.

2. So many questions unanswered, it is a bit frustrating.

3. Kate in that dress has to be top of the list. Damn!

From Lostpedia...and pulled from another board...

The island…

It was real. Everything that happened on the island that we saw throughout the 6 seasons was real. Forget the final image of the plane crash, it was put in purposely to f*&k with people's heads and show how far the show had come. They really crashed. They really survived. They really discovered Dharma and the Others. The Island keeps the balance of good and evil in the world. It always has and always will perform that role. And the Island will always need a "Protector". Jacob wasn't the first, Hurley won't be the last. However, Jacob had to deal with a malevolent force (MIB) that his mother, nor Hurley had to deal with. He created the devil and had to find a way to kill him -- even though the rules prevented him from actually doing so.

Thus began Jacob's plan to bring candidates to the Island to do the one thing he couldn't do. Kill the MIB. He had a huge list of candidates that spanned generations. Yet everytime he brought people there, the MIB corrupted them and caused them to kill one another. That was until Richard came along and helped Jacob understand that if he didn't take a more active role, then his plan would never work.

Enter Dharma -- which I'm not sure why John is having such a hard time grasping. Dharma, like the countless scores of people that were brought to the island before, were brought there by Jacob as part of his plan to kill the MIB. However, the MIB was aware of this plan and interferred by "corrupting" Ben. Making Ben believe he was doing the work of Jacob when in reality he was doing the work of the MIB. This carried over into all of Ben's "off-island" activities. He was the leader. He spoke for Jacob as far as they were concerned. So the "Others" killed Dharma and later were actively trying to kill Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley and all the candidates because that's what the MIB wanted. And what he couldn't do for himself.

Dharma was originally brought in to be good. But was turned bad by MIB's corruption and eventually destroyed by his pawn Ben. Now, was Dharma only brought there to help Jack and the other Canditates on their overall quest to kill Smokey? Or did Jacob have another list of Canidates from the Dharma group that we were never aware of? That's a question that is purposley not answered because whatever answer the writers came up with would be worse than the one you come up with for yourself. Still ... Dharma's purpose is not "pointless" or even vague. Hell, it's pretty blantent.

Still, despite his grand plan, Jacob wanted to give his "candidates" (our Lostaways) the one thing he, nor his brother, were ever afforded: free will. Hence him bringing a host of "candidates" through the decades and letting them "choose" which one would actually do the job in the end. Maybe he knew Jack would be the one to kill Flocke and that Hurley would be the protector in the end. Maybe he didn't. But that was always the key question of the show: Fate vs Free-will. Science vs Faith. Personally I think Jacob knew from the beginning what was going to happen and that everyone played a part over 6 seasons in helping Jack get to the point where he needed to be to kill Smokey and make Hurley the protector -- I know that's how a lot of the writers viewed it. But again, they won't answer that (nor should they) because that ruins the fun.

In the end, Jack got to do what he always wanted to do from the very first episode of the show: Save his fellow Lostaways. He got Kate and Sawyer off the island and he gave Hurley the purpose in life he'd always been missing. And, in Sideways world (which we'll get to next) he in fact saved everyone by helping them all move on ...

Now...

Sideways World:

Sideways world is where it gets really cool in terms of theology and metaphysical discussion (for me at least -- because I love history/religion theories and loved all the talks in the writer's room about it). Basically what the show is proposing is that we're all linked to certain people during our lives. Call them soulmates (though it's not exactly the best word). But these people we're linked to are with us duing "the most important moments of our lives" as Christian said. These are the people we move through the universe with from lifetime to lifetime. It's loosely based in Hinduisim with large doses of western religion thrown into the mix.

The conceit that the writers created, basing it off these religious philosophies, was that as a group, the Lostaways subconsciously created this "sideways" world where they exist in purgatory until they are "awakened" and find one another. Once they all find one another, they can then move on and move forward. In essence, this is the show's concept of the afterlife. According to the show, everyone creates their own "Sideways" purgatory with their "soulmates" throughout their lives and exist there until they all move on together. That's a beautiful notion. Even if you aren't religious or even spirtual, the idea that we live AND die together is deeply profound and moving.

It's a really cool and spirtual concept that fits the whole tone and subtext the show has had from the beginning. These people were SUPPOSED to be together on that plane. They were supposed to live through these events -- not JUST because of Jacob. But because that's what the universe or God (depending on how religious you wish to get) wanted to happen. The show was always about science vs faith -- and it ultimately came down on the side of faith. It answered THE core question of the series. The one question that has been at the root of every island mystery, every character backstory, every plot twist. That, by itself, is quite an accomplishment.

How much you want to extrapolate from that is up to you as the viewer. Think about season 1 when we first found the Hatch. Everyone thought that's THE answer! Whatever is down there is the answer! Then, as we discovered it was just one station of many. One link in a very long chain that kept revealing more, and more of a larger mosiac.

But the writer's took it even further this season by contrasting this Sideways "purgatory" with the Island itself. Remember when Michael appeared to Hurley, he said he was not allowed to leave the Island. Just like the MIB. He wasn't allowed into this sideways world and thus, was not afforded the opportunity to move on. Why? Because he had proven himself to be unworthy with his actions on the Island. He failed the test. The others, passed. They made it into Sideways world when they died -- some before Jack, some years later. In Hurley's case, maybe centuries later. They exist in this sideways world until they are "awakened" and they can only move on TOGETHER because they are linked. They are destined to be together for eternity. That was their destiny.

They were NOT linked to Anna Lucia, Daniel, Roussou, Alex, Miles, Lupidis, (and all the rest who weren't in the chuch -- basically everyone who wasn't in season 1). Yet those people exist in Sideways world. Why? Well again, here's where they leave it up to you to decide. The way I like to think about it, is that those people who were left behind in Sideways world have to find their own soulmates before they can wake up. It's possible that those links aren't people from the island but from their other life (Anna's parnter, the guy she shot --- Roussou's husband, etc etc).

A lot of people have been talking about Ben and why he didn't go into the Church. And if you think of Sideways world in this way, then it gives you the answer to that very question. Ben can't move on yet because he hasn't connected with the people he needs to. It's going to be his job to awaken Roussou, Alex, Anna Lucia (maybe), Ethan, Goodspeed, his father and the rest. He has to attone for his sins more than he did by being Hurley's number two. He has to do what Hurley and Desmond did for our Lostaways with his own people. He has to help them connect. And he can only move on when all the links in his chain are ready to. Same can be said for Faraday, Charlotte, Whidmore, Hawkins etc. It's really a neat, and cool concept. At least to me.

But, from a more "behind the scenes" note: the reason Ben's not in the church, and the reason no one is in the church but for Season 1 people is because they wrote the ending to the show after writing the pilot. And never changed it. The writers always said (and many didn't believe them) that they knew their ending from the very first episode. I applaud them for that. It's pretty fantastic. Originally Ben was supposed to have a 3 episode arc and be done. But he became a big part of the show. They could have easily changed their ending and put him in the church -- but instead they problem solved it. Gave him a BRILLIANT moment with Locke outside the church ... and then that was it. I loved that. For those that wonder -- the original ending started the moment Jack walked into the church and touches the casket to Jack closing his eyes as the other plane flies away. That was always JJ's ending. And they kept it.

From Lostpedia...and pulled from another board...

That's a good article. Helps with arranging some of my thoughts.

Still doesn't explain any of the sloppy writing or unexplainable choices that were made, but I suppose now that the show is over it's time to accept that the writers, while talented and great at character building, were pretty bad at their jobs when it comes to the rest.

It's like they should have let Lindelof and Cuse handle 2/3 of the writing, then just brought in one more guy that understood quality control and cared about the show's legacy to clean up what they'd written.

Still doesn't explain any of the sloppy writing or unexplainable choices that were made, but I suppose now that the show is over it's time to accept that the writers, while talented and great at character building, were pretty bad at their jobs when it comes to the rest.

It's like they should have let Lindelof and Cuse handle 2/3 of the writing, then just brought in one more guy that understood quality control and cared about the show's legacy to clean up what they'd written.

Thing is...some of you have complained about the writing and specifically season 6...but it more seems you had a problem all along...because these open questions went unanswered all along.

And Id love answer to a lot of things too...they claim they will in some of the extras on the DVDs...but man...how about a nice listing by the writers?

Oh...and more of Kate in that freaking black dress.

Thing is...some of you have complained about the writing and specifically season 6...but it more seems you had a problem all along...because these open questions went unanswered all along.

In hindsight, yes the writing was poor all along. They got a pass for years because we assumed the things that made no sense would be cleared up in season 6.

Time loops for example would have explained away many problems. In fact, I believed that the "errors" (an obvious example is boat arriving by storm, then by perfect weather) weren't in fact errors but obvious clues that we were seeing loops. Hence, the writing was great...........But nope, they were just horribly written and sloppy errors.

And the fact that they focked up so much makes it more believable that they messed up giant things like MIB being off the island.

Maybe I am wrong about everything and someone will come up with an article explaining all the disgusting errors, but I'm doubting it.

I don't buy any of it.

It was real. Everything that happened on the island that we saw throughout the 6 seasons was real. Forget the final image of the plane crash, it was put in purposely to f*&k with people's heads and show how far the show had come. They really crashed. They really survived.

This is pure speculation. Unless there's a direct quote from the writers, I'm not buying it.

Personally, I think they all died in the crash. They were a part of the afterlife throughout most of the series....including all island scenes. It helps explain why there are smoke monsters....and time travel...and how spirits can possess dead bodies. That sh!t doesn't happen in the real world...but it could happen at some metaphysical....spiritual hub, which is exactly what the island is. The island is essential in allowing all souls to find salvation before moving on. Without it, all souls would perish.

That's just my personal take, and really the thrust of the show remains the same if they had survived the crash too. Whether they're alive or dead, they needed the island to allow their souls to move on....and the island needed their help in protecting "the light". Either way, the show is still about the same thing: personal redemption/salvation.

This is pure speculation. Unless there's a direct quote from the writers, I'm not buying it.

Personally, I think they all died in the crash. They were a part of the afterlife throughout most of the series....including all island scenes. It helps explain why there are smoke monsters....and time travel...and how spirits can possess dead bodies. That sh!t doesn't happen in the real world...but it could happen at some metaphysical....spiritual hub, which is exactly what the island is. The island is essential in allowing all souls to find salvation before moving on. Without it, all souls would perish.

That's just my personal take, and really the thrust of the show remains the same if they had survived the crash too. Whether they're alive or dead, they needed the island to allow their souls to move on....and the island needed their help in protecting "the light". Either way, the show is still about the same thing: personal redemption/salvation.

Agreed. Also, people generally don't survive plane crashes.

The guy who wrote this actually worked for Bad Robot productions.

He very well may know...but it could just be speculation.

Its a sci-fi show...so those things can happen in such a thing. Though...they seemed to have made it open for so many interpretations...who is to say if yours is wrong or right.

Eko wanted 5 times what they offered to appear on the finale.

:pointstosky:

I think they all died in the crash