Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Seriously I think this was a major f-you to all the lost fans

Basically they all died in the crash cause that's reality. Richard died on the black rock cause that's real. Everything happened On the characters heads as they sucked their last breaths. There is no mystery, no magic, Just facts.

Nothing to discuss. Explain How they all survived a nuclear explosion and the plane wreckage

Explain why Jack dies on the same spot he landed on when the plane crashed. You can't. Which is why the all dead theory has value. Not saying others are bad, I just believe this is the right one.

People survive plane crashes sometimes...but again...its a freakin sci-fi show.

The explosion, as people have said...we don't know how the explosion reacted with the properties of the island...it appears it skipped them from the 70s back into the proper time. Not actually just a big explosion.

Why did Jack die there...because he walked his dying ass back there (I thought it was a bit cheesy to go to that spot myself).

Your "all dead" theory has no value given Christian Shepherd told us specifically it was not the case...and it has no value given the purgatory of the flash sideways was connecting and going with people that they had never met before their supposed death.

Again...why would people they had no connection with in life be getting together in purgatory?

Why was everyone so happy to be dead?

They were with the people they loved

Seriously I think this was a major f-you to all the lost fans

Basically they all died in the crash cause that's reality. Richard died on the black rock cause that's real. Everything happened On the characters heads as they sucked their last breaths. There is no mystery, no magic, Just facts.

And just you...either being stubborn and idiotic...or just fishing.

Keamey died twice. Charlie could have died twice. I assume Sun could have died if the bullet lodged itself a little to the left.

And all this happened in purgatory.....when they were already dead.....dead, dead. Everyone agrees on that.....everyone in the flash sideways was already dead.....and seemed like they could be killed off anyway.

Granted there are things that don't make sense but that makes less sense to me than anything.

Keamy is the exception not the rule. We actually don't know if any of the Losties were truly capable of dying in the ALT. Regardless its kind of moot because Keamy was not on the plane when it crashed so he would have had to been dead (I assume) to interact with the dead Losties on the Island (if they did indeed die in the crash) and then die again on the island via Ben and again off the island in the ALT via Sayid. Which further illustrates why the whole dead on impact scenario is a huge stretch to me.

I think Bill E summed this up quit nicely during his couple of posts. And others have really caught on as well such as Cant touch this and a few others.

It was a great ending for all of us who weren't expecting to get every question answered. Really it was Jack's conversation with Christian that explained everything, and it was nicely done.

As long as your not a nitpicker for every fine detail, and just watched the show as a whole. It was a fantastic ending.

:bandana:

:rolleyes:

can we all agree lost would have been just fine without the stupid alternate reality or whatever else the fock it was called?

People survive plane crashes sometimes...but again...its a freakin sci-fi show.

The explosion, as people have said...we don't know how the explosion reacted with the properties of the island...it appears it skipped them from the 70s back into the proper time. Not actually just a big explosion.

Why did Jack die there...because he walked his dying ass back there (I thought it was a bit cheesy to go to that spot myself).

Your "all dead" theory has no value given Christian Shepherd told us specifically it was not the case...and it has no value given the purgatory of the flash sideways was connecting and going with people that they had never met before their supposed death.

Again...why would people they had no connection with in life be getting together in purgatory?

Um I don't know can I use your very weak " its a scifi show" to explain these thongs you want explained? Seems to Bea valid reply

If you're going to chalk it all up to magic o can accept that

I don't buy it. And Christian shephatd did nor say that.

Um I don't know can I use your very weak " its a scifi show" to explain these thongs you want explained? Seems to Bea valid reply

He said those people were important in their "LIVES".

Not after death...in their LIVES.

So yes...he most certainly said what happened on the island actually happened to them.

And the point of it being a sci fi show would not reconcile while a group of people would set up this purgatory thing to find each other after death when they never freaking knew each other prior to supposedly dying in a plane crash.

Sorry...you theory holds absolutely zero water.

I use sci fi to explain things like time travel, richard being ageless...a smoke monster you can't shoot, crazy electromagnetic events and so on.

And another thing...Christian specifically did say that some died before him, some long after him. Did he claim they mostly died at the same damn time?

Nope...yet...you still think they did.

:doublethumbsup:

As much of a minority that Philly is in of people completely hating the finale and the last season...you are in an even smaller minority of morons who think they all died in the crash.

I think it was a cya to the show...just something to show how far they have come.

I never looked at it and thought...man, did they really just die on the crash.

Seems like a strange tribute to a show that was supposedly always about the characters.

Christian Shephard says to Jack, and I quote him directly....

"The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people."

Life = Not dead. Not dead means he was actually alive on the island with the other "survivors of Oceanic 815"

Moving on....

Seems like a strange tribute to a show that was supposedly always about the characters.

So...the few second tribute somehow trumped the 2.5 hours of bringing the characters together in the purgatory thing and the final sendoff of them all sitting down in church?

It's no wonder the show had such a hard time pleasing everyone. We've got people that would take a sighting of Vincent's red rocket to dictate that the whole show is a metaphor for bestiality.

Nothing to discuss. Explain How they all survived a nuclear explosion and the plane wreckage

Explain why Jack dies on the same spot he landed on when the plane crashed. You can't. Which is why the all dead theory has value. Not saying others are bad, I just believe this is the right one.

Wow. Are you serious? Did you watch the episode? Did you hear what Christian said to Jack?

Supermike was completely owned in this thread. :doublethumbsup:

Also, I think the writers were brilliant. Here it is...two days later and there is more discussion about the show then ever before. Well played by them I think.

And another thing...Christian specifically did say that some died before him, some long after him. Did he claim they mostly died at the same damn time?

Nope...yet...you still think they did.

As much of a minority that Philly is in of people completely hating the finale and the last season...you are in an even smaller minority of morons who think they all died in the crash.

Typical.

You're in here saying the damn thing is open to interpretation. But then when folks offer their alternative interpretations, you call them morons.

I view Christian's statements metaphorically. He's not talking about the Losties per se, he's talking about mankind...not just Jack and crew. I mean, he says they built this so they could meet after death. So....then.....why did they have such a hard time meeting up after death? Sure, as it turns out, they ended up meeting, but purely through chance.....or fate. But it didn't seem that it was a certainty they would meet, so why set anything up without installing a few friendly reminders to ensure you all meet up?

Why? Because he wasn't talking literally. He was talking about the role of religion in our lives....how it serves to bind us together. It serves as a means to help bridge the uncertainty inherent with death.

You can't take everything these characters say literally. Personally, I think the writers were making commentary about themes larger than a TV drama.

:pointstosky:

I was owned? Guys, seriously, its a TV show. I like this theory and the whole point of the ending was to create this debate. For the record. Christian never referred specifically to the oceanic survivors in the church. Desmond was there yes? Is it all possible He Was referring to non crash peeps? Also IT DOESNT MATTER CAUSE IT WAS IN JACKS HEAD!! that part anyway. He died in that jungle or possibly in the ocean)and the island was made up too) he never left the island. He just died there in minutes and the 6 seasons of LOST were BS. Yep that's what happened. No magic. Just science.

I thought the stained glass window in the coffin room was cool with the muslim sign, donkey wheel, jewish sign, and 3 other things i cant recall, I just remember thinking it was cool.

:music_guitarred:

I was owned? Guys, seriously, its a TV show. I like this theory and the whole point of the ending was to create this debate. For the record. Christian never referred specifically to the oceanic survivors in the church. Desmond was there yes? Is it all possible He Was referring to non crash peeps? Also IT DOESNT MATTER CAUSE IT WAS IN JACKS HEAD!! that part anyway. He died in that jungle or possibly in the ocean)and the island was made up too) he never left the island. He just died there in minutes and the 6 seasons of LOST were BS. Yep that's what happened. No magic. Just science.

You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...ash-images.html

Thanks Mike...

Seriously guys, they survived the plane crash. EVERYTHING besides the purgatory time-line was as real as it gets. You could make arguments about what the purgatory time-line really was, but everything besides that was real.

They survived the plane crash and the "Nuke" because the of the special properties of the island, the island wanted the one who survived to survive. I know some of you will go "Really?!?!? We are just suppose to believe this crap?!?" Yes. This show is based off of faith, it was been from the start when Locke and Jack were talking about science vs. faith. Faith ended up winning out. Maybe the island was special because God was controlling everything. Maybe it was because of something scientific. That is left for speculation. Even i hoped some of the major mysteries would get explained, or at least gave us good "tools" to speculate with. However, with the exception of some sloppy writing at times, i think everything was suppose to remain a mystery.

What was the light? They never answered that.

Nope, i think if they wanted to they would have. I am just glad we got a better look at the cave and the light. We know it needs water to run. We know if it goes out the island goes into self-destruct mode and is the key to everything on the island, it was also why MIB was the smoke monster and immortal. I think that is enough explanation for the most part.

I was owned?

Yes, big time. Maybe you should stick to Desperate Housewives there buddy.

Yes, big time. Maybe you should stick to Desperate Housewives there buddy.

Gee whiz colts I think yer missing my point. Who cares about being owned in an opinion thread. Duh

back on topic however, is it possible Ben was some sort of island guide? Helping those there? Guiding them? He always seemed to know just a little more than everyone else

Gee whiz colts I think yer missing my point. Who cares about being owned in an opinion thread. Duh

back on topic however, is it possible Ben was some sort of island guide? Helping those there? Guiding them? He always seemed to know just a little more than everyone else

I was just joking man. Seemed like a good place to throw out the DH jab.

Typical.

You're in here saying the damn thing is open to interpretation. But then when folks offer their alternative interpretations, you call them morons.

I view Christian's statements metaphorically. He's not talking about the Losties per se, he's talking about mankind...not just Jack and crew. I mean, he says they built this so they could meet after death. So....then.....why did they have such a hard time meeting up after death? Sure, as it turns out, they ended up meeting, but purely through chance.....or fate. But it didn't seem that it was a certainty they would meet, so why set anything up without installing a few friendly reminders to ensure you all meet up?

Why? Because he wasn't talking literally. He was talking about the role of religion in our lives....how it serves to bind us together. It serves as a means to help bridge the uncertainty inherent with death.

You can't take everything these characters say literally. Personally, I think the writers were making commentary about themes larger than a TV drama.

:music_guitarred:

Certain things were open to interpretation...that they all died in the crash simply is not one of them

And again...why would a group of people who don't know each other...build a reality for after death where they could get together? They did not know each other before the crash...so why would they build something to meat up after death...if they had not yet even met?

Yes...they are touching on some large themes...but none of them are...hey, after you die, you are going to set up a place to meet up with people you did not even know when you were alive.

Certain things were open to interpretation...that they all died in the crash simply is not one of them

And again...why would a group of people who don't know each other...build a reality for after death where they could get together? They did not know each other before the crash...so why would they build something to meat up after death...if they had not yet even met?

Yes...they are touching on some large themes...but none of them are...hey, after you die, you are going to set up a place to meet up with people you did not even know when you were alive.

Sho Nuff has been 100% wrong with every opinion he has posted in ttie thread. That alone is a very solid argument for everyone dying in the plane crash.

But this is the one time that the answer is so obvious that even someone that is wrong about everything is right about this. They did not die in the crash. The characters were not stuck in Purgatory Number 2 until they could remember Purgatory Number 1. I'm shocked it's even a theory in all honesty.

Sho Nuff has been 100% wrong with every opinion he has posted in ttie thread. That alone is a very solid argument for everyone dying in the plane crash.

:pointstosky:

I prove that alone wrong by saying how freaking hot Kate looked in that black dress.

But this is the one time that the answer is so obvious that even someone that is wrong about everything is right about this. They did not die in the crash. The characters were not stuck in Purgatory Number 2 until they could remember Purgatory Number 1. I'm shocked it's even a theory in all honesty.

At least you got that right.

I think what we just witnessed was the equivalent of a RB breaking the single game rushing record in the 3rd quarter and then just tanking it for the rest of the game.

You can't really argue that it was an awesome game.....but, come on dude, you could have had like 50 more yards. :wall:

:doublethumbsup: A lot of the questions have been answered, one i specifically recall was Faraday went off the island to do research at U of M. A couple i forgot, one was when Eko said "they're next" i guess meant for the candidates. There were some good ones there though. Oh well. I will be first in line for the Lost movie.

Battlestar Galactica fans....what series is the good one? I looked it up, there was a reason one and an older one. I am guessing it was the older one?

Ok, what would you guys recommend seeing from start to finish?

BSG

The Wire

Other

? I should be getting caught up on Breaking Bad, i heard it won't take long and i will hopefully follow that show now if i end up liking it.

Watched the finale with the wife again last night and all your reasons why they didn't all die in the crash are useless and you all missed the easiest one.

Aaron was in the church. He couldn't have been born if Claire died in the crash correct? Unless the writers were making some sort of statement that his soul was already present before he was born??

So when did Jack die exactly?

I just re-watched the last 20 minutes of the finale. The first time i watched it, my head was spinning, i couldn't really get into it because i wasn't sure what was going on. Now that i knew what was going on, i was able to pick up on a few things. First off, i won't lie, one of the last moments on the island where they show Jack and Vincent lying there; i did get a bit teary eyed, and that never happens for me.

The credits scene with the plane debris, there is footprints and other little things that show evidence of alive people. I don't even think it's a question anymore, to logical people at least.

Christian said "You all made this place together so you could find each other". Is it the whole time-line or just the church, was it in their head or did Hurley or someone make it for that. Obviously it focused, the show and the whole series for that matter, on Jack.

Oh yeah, and Benard and Rose were there, i didn't catch that the first time. I bet Vincent was there too.

Bwahaha what a stupid focking show, I'm glad I didnt waste 1 minute ever watching it. You guys just watched people in purgatory for 6 years :doublethumbsup:

I just re-watched the last 20 minutes of the finale. The first time i watched it, my head was spinning, i couldn't really get into it because i wasn't sure what was going on. Now that i knew what was going on, i was able to pick up on a few things. First off, i won't lie, one of the last moments on the island where they show Jack and Vincent lying there; i did get a bit teary eyed, and that never happens for me.

The credits scene with the plane debris, there is footprints and other little things that show evidence of alive people. I don't even think it's a question anymore, to logical people at least.

Christian said "You all made this place together so you could find each other". Is it the whole time-line or just the church, was it in their head or did Hurley or someone make it for that. Obviously it focused, the show and the whole series for that matter, on Jack.

Oh yeah, and Benard and Rose were there, i didn't catch that the first time. I bet Vincent was there too.

According to the producers, Vincent was the only one what was guaranteed to be alive. Course they lied and manipulated the audience throughout the series, so it is possible the dog was there.

And footprints on the beach do NOT discount the death of the candidates...Another dumb theory proposed, while missing the obvious one. No one has suggested, ever, that the candidates, or the people who died in the crash, were the only people who ever inhabited the island. Dharma, Ben, Desmond, Rousseau, Richard...The list is LONG of other people who are/were/will be on the island. So footsteps near the crash site is a silly conclusion that they didn't die.