Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

According to the producers, Vincent was the only one what was guaranteed to be alive. Course they lied and manipulated the audience throughout the series, so it is possible the dog was there.

And footprints on the beach do NOT discount the death of the candidates...Another dumb theory proposed, while missing the obvious one. No one has suggested, ever, that the candidates, or the people who died in the crash, were the only people who ever inhabited the island. Dharma, Ben, Desmond, Rousseau, Richard...The list is LONG of other people who are/were/will be on the island. So footsteps near the crash site is a silly conclusion that they didn't die.

You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.

Posting it again...since it seems to have gone unnoticed.

THE #1 question that needs to be answered is what is the island?

Ok if they all didn't die or were dying in the crash, and their brains manufactured this(ala Jacob's Ladder)...then what happened?

When did Jack die exactly? At the end? If he died at the very end, how can the entire season 6 purgatory/sideways flash take place? At the same time he is alive on the island? Did he die on the island at the end THEN go through the sideways purgatory? It doesn't make sense.

I only somewhat agree with the idea that they all died because then their souls could be on the island(if it exists at all) and they could all collectively work toward redemption, fight the good vs evil battle, with Ben as their pseudo guide.

Three things stand out that make it difficult.

1) Aaron in the church

2) The flash sideways..what was that a second purgatory?

3) Hurley's comment to Ben about him being a great #2.

But...The writers and producers have shown that they aren't concerned with closed connections, so who knows. Looks like they just went for a finale that would keep everyone guessing. And get you to buy the DVD's. Based on the statement, now, that some answers are coming with the release.

Posting it again...since it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Not unnoticed. Understood. Jack dying in the exact same spot as the opener, with the same wound, with the same scene with Vincent. Those are still deliberate attempts by the writers to make you question at a minimum if Jack died right there and never lived at all.

Hooolllllyyyyyshhhhhhiiiiittteeeee.

They didn't die in the god-damn crash. I mean, everyone is entitled to their theories and most theories are conceivable, but they didn't die in the focking damn shitt faced plane focking crash. Any theory that has everything that happened on the island/off the island being real is fine. The true argument is with the purgatory time-line deal. I have come to the conclusion that it was just there to show us the characters resolutions in full circle, it had nothing to do with anything that happened on the island and in the real world.

Hooolllllyyyyyshhhhhhiiiiittteeeee.

They didn't die in the god-damn crash. I mean, everyone is entitled to their theories and most theories are conceivable, but they didn't die in the focking damn shitt faced plane focking crash. Any theory that has everything that happened on the island/off the island being real is fine. The true argument is with the purgatory time-line deal. I have come to the conclusion that it was just there to show us the characters resolutions in full circle, it had nothing to do with anything that happened on the island and in the real world.

I think I understand you don't think they died in the crash.

So when did Jack die?

i think hurley calling ben a #2 was an underhanded shot by the writers effectively calling ben a piece of sh!t...more importantly, i can't believe no one has blamed the jews yet for their ownership of all media outlets thereby authorizing a show of this magnitude to consume middle america for 7 years keeping you stuck in your ho-hum lives...just another example of the jews keeping you stuck in your pathetic lives...way to go moishe!

Bwahaha what a stupid focking show, I'm glad I didnt waste 1 minute ever watching it. You guys just watched people in purgatory for 6 years :lol:

It was one of my all time favorite shows. I'm glad I saw every minute of it and look forward to rewatching the entire series at some point. I'm happy for you, too, though. :wave:

What I would like to see is season 6 on dvd have a feature that would allow us to view the happenings on the island straight through. From the crater to Jack's death. Then as soon as Jack's eye closes cut to Oceanic 815 with Rose and Jack passing through the turbulance and go from there with the off island (purgatory) stuff. In hindsight season 6 , to me, is like two seperate acts of the same play that were acted out at the same time jumping back and forth.

Watched the finale with the wife again last night and all your reasons why they didn't all die in the crash are useless and you all missed the easiest one.

Aaron was in the church. He couldn't have been born if Claire died in the crash correct? Unless the writers were making some sort of statement that his soul was already present before he was born??

So when did Jack die exactly?

Jack died when we saw him die...on the island...in the bamboo...and closed his eye.

THE #1 question that needs to be answered is what is the island?

Ok if they all didn't die or were dying in the crash, and their brains manufactured this(ala Jacob's Ladder)...then what happened?

When did Jack die exactly? At the end? If he died at the very end, how can the entire season 6 purgatory/sideways flash take place? At the same time he is alive on the island? Did he die on the island at the end THEN go through the sideways purgatory? It doesn't make sense.

I only somewhat agree with the idea that they all died because then their souls could be on the island(if it exists at all) and they could all collectively work toward redemption, fight the good vs evil battle, with Ben as their pseudo guide.

Three things stand out that make it difficult.

1) Aaron in the church

2) The flash sideways..what was that a second purgatory?

3) Hurley's comment to Ben about him being a great #2.

But...The writers and producers have shown that they aren't concerned with closed connections, so who knows. Looks like they just went for a finale that would keep everyone guessing. And get you to buy the DVD's. Based on the statement, now, that some answers are coming with the release.

Jack died at the end...its pretty simple.

How can purgatory take place? You are too wrapped up in them showing them concurrently...the events were nto happening at the same time...they were just shown on screen at the same time.

It seems this was done to hide what the LAX/Flash Sideways timeline was all about during the season. Made you think Jughead took them there and made 2 timelines...they reveal in the finale indicates that does not seem to be the case.

Nobody knows what the island really is other than a place to bottle up the evil in the world..its a mythical place of a sci-fi show.

2. It was the only purgatory...the Island was not ever purgatory.

Bwahaha what a stupid focking show, I'm glad I didnt waste 1 minute ever watching it. You guys just watched people in purgatory for 6 years :wave:

If you never watched a minute of it...how do you know it was a stupid show?

Typical.

You're in here saying the damn thing is open to interpretation. But then when folks offer their alternative interpretations, you call them morons.

I view Christian's statements metaphorically. He's not talking about the Losties per se, he's talking about mankind...not just Jack and crew. I mean, he says they built this so they could meet after death. So....then.....why did they have such a hard time meeting up after death? Sure, as it turns out, they ended up meeting, but purely through chance.....or fate. But it didn't seem that it was a certainty they would meet, so why set anything up without installing a few friendly reminders to ensure you all meet up?

Why? Because he wasn't talking literally. He was talking about the role of religion in our lives....how it serves to bind us together. It serves as a means to help bridge the uncertainty inherent with death.

You can't take everything these characters say literally. Personally, I think the writers were making commentary about themes larger than a TV drama.

:wave:

They met because of Desmond. Why him though? I don't get his role in the whole thing.

Not unnoticed. Understood. Jack dying in the exact same spot as the opener, with the same wound, with the same scene with Vincent. Those are still deliberate attempts by the writers to make you question at a minimum if Jack died right there and never lived at all.

Umm...no...they really are not attempts to make you think if he died right there. They tell you he did not with Christian's words telling you that what happened to him actually happened.

If he died right there...why would he be in a Church with a group of people he never knew until after the crash that you think killed him?

I have come to the conclusion that it was just there to show us the characters resolutions in full circle, it had nothing to do with anything that happened on the island and in the real world.

lost and land of lost full article by vozzek69

* The Land of the Lost is a closed universe filled with temporal distortions, time travel, and weird magnetic properties - just like the island.

* Like LOST island, The Land of the Lost is full of people and objects who have arrived there accidentally. Some even describe passing through a storm "full of lightning".

* One of the three main characters who took over for 'Dad' in season 3, was named Uncle Jack.

* The leader of the Sleestak was played by a really tall actor. His name? Jon Locke.

* People in LOTL see characters who aren't there. In Album Holly and Will see their dead mother. Turns out they're seeing only what they want to see... once they deny it (Hurley counting to 5?) these things disappear.

* In Elsewhen Holly runs into an older version of herself, from the future. She gives her past self a locket (just like Richard's compass). She also gets a cut, that turns into a scar on her older version's hand.

* In Hurricane someone parachutes into the Land of the Lost.

* In Hot-Air Artist a hot air balloon lands in the Land of the Lost.

* In The Flying Dutchman an 18th century schooner is landlocked in the middle of the LOTL, looking uncannily like the Black Rock.

* Dialogue from The Flying Dutchman is interesting too. They mention Narcissus blossoms in the valley that have a dream-like effect on everyone. While talking about this, Will says "That's strange... we all seem to have had the same dream..." Later on, the captain uses these blossoms to put Holly to sleep. Before he does he says "Want to sail around the world? See faraway ports? Visit strange islands?"

* In Downstream the Marshalls build a raft to try and escape the LOTL. They travel downstream for a while, only to end up back at their starting point. Much like Sawyer and Michael (and Desmond, who also tried to sail away) they realize that they're stuck in a closed universe that won't allow them leave.

* Beneath the LOTL are a series of underground tunnels called "The Lost City". In Circle, the Marshalls find these tunnels by diving into a small lake and swimming to them through an underwater tunnel, exactly like Jack and Sayid in this year's LOST S5 finale.

* In Possession, Holly gets possessed by an evil being who is currently trapped (Jacob's cabin?) in a special pylon. After Dad destroys the pylon's matrix table, Holly (Claire?) is restored.

* In Split Personality, the Marshalls see trapped versions of themselves from an alternate universe. They're wearing different clothes, but from the same backpacks they had when the first went over the waterfall. Turns out the two universes are "grinding against each other", and they need to free their duplicates by taking a crystal from one of their hands. As Will attempts this, Dad says "Don't touch his hand!" and then goes on to explain about matter touching antimatter (Chang and the rabbits in the Orchid station video?) and the cataclysmic results that might follow.

* In Time Stop, Uncle Jack builds a compass from a tripod and a piece of iron. It doesn't do anything. "Shouldn't it point north?" Will asks him. "Yes it should", Jack says, "but it's not doing anything. There's something weird about the magnetic properties of this place..."

* In Ancient Guardian, the Marshalls find an ancient statue created by the Altrusian ancestors of the LOTL. But it's nowhere near as big (or as cool) as the statue on LOST.

* The original name for LOST was going to be "Circle". The episode where the Marshalls finally make it home... while making it back into the LOTL at the same time??? Circle.

What I would like to see is season 6 on dvd have a feature that would allow us to view the happenings on the island straight through. From the crater to Jack's death. Then as soon as Jack's eye closes cut to Oceanic 815 with Rose and Jack passing through the turbulance and go from there with the off island (purgatory) stuff. In hindsight season 6 , to me, is like two seperate acts of the same play that were acted out at the same time jumping back and forth.

That is a good way to put it...and it seems obvious (to most) that it was done at the same time to not clue in to what the sideways timeline really was.

Umm...no...they really are not attempts to make you think if he died right there. They tell you he did not with Christian's words telling you that what happened to him actually happened.

If he died right there...why would he be in a Church with a group of people he never knew until after the crash that you think killed him?

He would eb in the church because, as I have said, he dies, along with the others and their souls(or whatever) were on the island together and ALL had things to settle before they could move on.

So if Jack died at the end, which is what I thought too(thanks to the helpful poster who said it was obvious) are you saying the purgatory actually happened AFTER Jack died?

So it really wasn't a sideways time line...it was an after timeline.....what Jack went through after he died? That's the prevaling theory?

He would eb in the church because, as I have said, he dies, along with the others and their souls(or whatever) were on the island together and ALL had things to settle before they could move on.

So if Jack died at the end, which is what I thought too(thanks to the helpful poster who said it was obvious) are you saying the purgatory actually happened AFTER Jack died?

So it really wasn't a sideways time line...it was an after timeline.....what Jack went through after he died? That's the prevaling theory?

So...the most important people in each others lives...were actually after their death and because their souls helped each other? That is what you are going with?

And you somehow think that would be more plausible than the explanation that they lived and the things on the island happened while they were alive?

Im saying yes...that purgatory happened after they died...they could not be there until they died. They made it appear as if it was a sideways/concurrent timeline to hide what it was all season...otherwise...would anyone have watched the purgatory timeline after showing Jack die?

There is no time here (purgatory), it happened when it happened for each person (realization of their relationships)

I agree it's hard to wrap your brain around the alternate reality. It didn't happen linearly with the real time-line as shown, as there is no concept of time in the purgatory world. You just have to think 4th or even 5th dimensionally, which is nearly impossible to do. Everything appeared to happen linearly when, if fact, it just...wasn't happening i guess you can say. Like Christian said "Technically, there is no now...or where" it happened outside the realm of the universe, it could have been just consciously created and everyone's consciousness became one when they made contact with certain people. Once again, it's just very hard to wrap your mind around it.

According to that logic, we are all already dead, just somewhere outside of the universe :wave: Which may, in fact, be true.

I can't believe people are confused about when purgatory occurred. All 6 seasons, the flashes were either forward or backwards despite the fact that we were also seeing current happenings on the island. None of them were parallel or happening at the same time.

The LAX/Purgatory timeline was just another flash forward....to post death.

The lost writers made so many mistakes over the years with their writing, it is feasible everyone died in the plane crash and Aaron was still able to be born.

The lost writers made so many mistakes over the years with their writing, it is feasible everyone died in the plane crash and Aaron was still able to be born.

Good point.

It seems obvious that the most important people in Jack's living life wouldn't be people he never met.....but considering that the writers overlooked the fact that MIB had been off the island several times when they decided to center 6 seasons of conflict on MIB never being able to leave the island.....well any mistake is conceivable.

They really were very very very poor writers. It's amazing how much people are letting them get away with just because they were good at character building..

Good point.

It seems obvious that the most important people in Jack's living life wouldn't be people he never met.....but considering that the writers overlooked the fact that MIB had been off the island several times when they decided to center 6 seasons of conflict on MIB never being able to leave the island.....well any mistake is conceivable.

They really were very very very poor writers. It's amazing how much people are letting them get away with just because they were good at character building..

I wouldn't call them important by any means, but he met them on the plane and in the airport. They sort of would be the last people on his mind should the plane have crashed and killed everyone

Why was Boone's sister with Sayid at the end and not Nadia? :doublethumbsup:

I wouldn't call them important by any means, but he met them on the plane and in the airport. They sort of would be the last people on his mind should the plane have crashed and killed everyone

When would Jack have met Ben?

Why was Boone's sister with Sayid at the end and not Nadia? :doublethumbsup:

Just more poor writing. They went for the feel good ending in deciding to bring back original Losties (Shannon) as oppose to wanting things to make sense (Nadia).

Just more poor writing. They went for the feel good ending in deciding to bring back original Losties (Shannon) as oppose to wanting things to make sense (Nadia).

Ben was already dead and living on the island, that is how Jack met him. Even though he was dead, Ben still needed serious spinal surgery to get to the after life.

I sound like one of the lost writers now.

So...the most important people in each others lives...were actually after their death and because their souls helped each other? That is what you are going with?

And you somehow think that would be more plausible than the explanation that they lived and the things on the island happened while they were alive?

Im saying yes...that purgatory happened after they died...they could not be there until they died. They made it appear as if it was a sideways/concurrent timeline to hide what it was all season...otherwise...would anyone have watched the purgatory timeline after showing Jack die?

The fact that Shannon was Sayid's "constant"....she was the most important person to Sayid ruins this for me. And who was Boone there with? I think he's going stag through eternity. This is much better than having their souls interract in some other dimension?

Whatever. I have no problem saying everyone lived on the island....though I think the series loses some of its poetry in doing that. Fine. What happened, happened. And we should just swallow whatever the writers spoon fed us the last 6 years. Personally, I'd like a few loose ends to tie up. After all, despite what the writers insist upon, the show had appeal because you had to pay attention to detail...you had the sense of trying to solve a mystery. If everyone survived the crash, and everything on the island happened as in real life, then there is no mystery left to conjure. What happened, happened.

Personally, I thought they could have died....especially considering the last clip showing the plane wreckage. Seriously, how could anyone dismiss that so easily? As it turns out, it was just a means for transition :doublethumbsup: But I wanted to believe they died because it would add a twist...it would compel me to re-watch....to look for clues that I missed along the way. That everything that happened on the Island was some combination of Vanilla Sky and Solaris.....that it transcribed each person's thoughts, feelings, desires and projected them onto a real life stage.....all in the moments before one dies....when one's life flashes before their eyes. But the show didn't play out like that....and the writers didn't give us any reason to believe anything other than what was shown actually occurred.

What happened, happened.....folks led incomplete, flawed lives. They were summoned to the island to help defend it......against evil destruction (MIB).....against exploitation (Widmore/Dharma) so that all souls could find safe passage into the afterlife. The flash sideways was purgatory....they were all dead....and could only move on once they "awakened". The end.

Why was Boone's sister with Sayid at the end and not Nadia? :mad:

He wasn't meant to be with Nadia, his brother was. :dunno:

I see your point but don't have a problem with blondie, she was much hotter without the annoying accent.

:doublethumbsup:

I see your point but don't have a problem with blondie, she was much hotter without the annoying accent.

:music_guitarred:

Possibly the hottest chick on the show, if she didn't talk.

The fact that Shannon was Sayid's "constant"....she was the most important person to Sayid ruins this for me. And who was Boone there with? I think he's going stag through eternity. This is much better than having their souls interract in some other dimension?

Whatever. I have no problem saying everyone lived on the island....though I think the series loses some of its poetry in doing that. Fine. What happened, happened. And we should just swallow whatever the writers spoon fed us the last 6 years. Personally, I'd like a few loose ends to tie up. After all, despite what the writers insist upon, the show had appeal because you had to pay attention to detail...you had the sense of trying to solve a mystery. If everyone survived the crash, and everything on the island happened as in real life, then there is no mystery left to conjure. What happened, happened.

Personally, I thought they could have died....especially considering the last clip showing the plane wreckage. Seriously, how could anyone dismiss that so easily? As it turns out, it was just a means for transition :music_guitarred: But I wanted to believe they died because it would add a twist...it would compel me to re-watch....to look for clues that I missed along the way. That everything that happened on the Island was some combination of Vanilla Sky and Solaris.....that it transcribed each person's thoughts, feelings, desires and projected them onto a real life stage.....all in the moments before one dies....when one's life flashes before their eyes. But the show didn't play out like that....and the writers didn't give us any reason to believe anything other than what was shown actually occurred.

What happened, happened.....folks led incomplete, flawed lives. They were summoned to the island to help defend it......against evil destruction (MIB).....against exploitation (Widmore/Dharma) so that all souls could find safe passage into the afterlife. The flash sideways was purgatory....they were all dead....and could only move on once they "awakened". The end.

They did not have to be "with" someone in this afterlife.

I think the simple answer is that they wanted to have a "reunion" for the finale of the original people (plus Des, Juliet, Penny and Libby).

Its also possible that these were the people in this "place" the way Jack sees it...not how Boone or Shannon or the others would really see it...but that was Jack's vision of it.

THey explained the damn scene...that it little to nothing to do with the LOST people and was ABC...yet you don't buy it?

But they also can't please everyone of course.

:music_guitarred:

Nadia most likely was smelly, too. I bet Shannon's pussie smells like cinnamon rolls :thumbsup:

They did not have to be "with" someone in this afterlife.

I think the simple answer is that they wanted to have a "reunion" for the finale of the original people (plus Des, Juliet, Penny and Libby).

Its also possible that these were the people in this "place" the way Jack sees it...not how Boone or Shannon or the others would really see it...but that was Jack's vision of it.

THey explained the damn scene...that it little to nothing to do with the LOST people and was ABC...yet you don't buy it?

But they also can't please everyone of course.

True....I guess Locke is going stag as well. Still....Sayid/Shannon.....dumb. Is it from Jack's perspective...maybe. But they're all passing into heaven....together. I don't think Sayid gets to come back and go to the other side with someone else. He gets to go with Shannon....the love of his life.

And I'm fine with the clip not being a part of the show. I roll my eyes at their explanation. It allowed for a transition? Allowed people to decompress? Why show anything pertinent to the show itself? Just scrape together some clips of the island....beaches...jungles....mountains...waterfalls. Plane wreckage? Really? Did these suits even watch the show?

Whatever....I should just adopt complacency and enjoy being entertained by the lowest common denominator. :yawn:

Whatever....I should just adopt complacency and enjoy being entertained by the lowest common denominator. :yawn:

Isn't that exactly why you keep coming back here?

Why is that poor writing? In his sidelife he was living with Nadia and his brother, she obviousely was not that relationship that got him to where he needed to be in orde to move on. We can only guess as to why, peronally it seemed everything about there relationship (both) lead him to do bad things while what he ahd with Shannon on the Island was free of all of that.

True....I guess Locke is going stag as well. Still....Sayid/Shannon.....dumb. Is it from Jack's perspective...maybe. But they're all passing into heaven....together. I don't think Sayid gets to come back and go to the other side with someone else. He gets to go with Shannon....the love of his life.

And I'm fine with the clip not being a part of the show. I roll my eyes at their explanation. It allowed for a transition? Allowed people to decompress? Why show anything pertinent to the show itself? Just scrape together some clips of the island....beaches...jungles....mountains...waterfalls. Plane wreckage? Really? Did these suits even watch the show?

Was reading a recap of the finale on Lostopedia and somebody said they thought Peggy Bundy(Lockes Wife/GF) was there I don't remember seeing her, but it's possible.

Christian definetly said it wasn't Jack's perspective, but a group effort that created the sideways/purgatory universe.

Music, politics, & hilarity

Music, politics, & hilarity

enjoy being entertained by the lowest common denominator

If you never watched a minute of it...how do you know it was a stupid show?

good point, but it sure sounds like it ended stupid

good point, but it sure sounds like it ended stupid

Not stupid at all.

Look how many of us are sitting here 2 days later and yammering about it.

I think we both agree, you're more clever than anything on Lost.