Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Which player are you staying away from this year!

Randy Moss - In my eyes, he's a slacker and age is starting to be a factor. I'll let someone else have him in the first two rounds. He was too inconsistent last year as well.

Ronnie Brown - How effective can he be with that surgically repaired knee?

Kevin Smith - See above

Donovan McNabb - why does he fade at the end of every season? UGH, this kills me!!

Peyton Manning/Reggie Wayne - they kill me every year in the playoffs. At least Dallas Clark gets some action in thoe late games

I agree with Randy Moss and Ronnie Brown. Both let me down last year.

Steven Jackson - add up all the touches and punishment he has taken , mix in the back injury and his poor team = Stay Away ( For the record I am a huge fan of him and always draft him if possible )

In one league I drew the 10 spot this year and it will be hard for me to not pull the trigger if he's there.

Brandon Jacobs - isn't Bradshaw a better short yardage back now anyway

Steven Jackson - no way in he11 will I touch this guy in the first round - you'll have to give me 6 budlights before I take him in the 2nd round also. I'll take a chance on practically anybody else vs SJ

Beannie - doesn't Hightower produce just as well and is available about 5 rounds later?

Reggie Wayne early/mid 2nd round - no thank you. He killed me last year at crunch time

Both old Seahawk receivers (Branch and Housh) STAYING FAR AWAY- - I'm ok with TE Carlson though.

Randy Moss - In my eyes, he's a slacker and age is starting to be a factor. I'll let someone else have him in the first two rounds. He was too inconsistent last year as well.

Ronnie Brown - How effective can he be with that surgically repaired knee?

Kevin Smith - See above

Donovan McNabb - why does he fade at the end of every season? UGH, this kills me!!

Ronnie Brown didn't have a knee injury last year.

Ryan Matthews

I do not trust rookies, nor the SD o-line.

Those who stay away from drafting hyped rookies (RB,WR,QB's in redrafts) are proven correct the VAST majority of the time.

You are welcome.

For the second time in three seasons, Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown will enter training camp coming off a season-ending injury. This time, Brown's 2009 season was cut short after nine games due to a Lisfranc fracture in his right foot. But Brown said in an interview with CBSSports.com in February that he's on track to return for the start of the 2010 season. "The toughest part of being injured is not being able to participate and go out there," Brown said. "To suffer an injury and not being able to go out there and help your team, it was hard for me. I used what happened this season as fuel for next season." Despite the injuries, Brown has been productive with 18 touchdowns in the past two seasons. He finished 2009 with 648 rush yards, 98 receiving yards and nine total touchdowns (one passing). He will continue to share carries with Ricky Williams in 2010, but Brown is expected to return as the starter. And while the Dolphins did trade for Brandon Marshall, the team should still be focused on running the ball a good amount of the time. Go into the season with Brown as a No. 2 Fantasy running back worth a pick beginning in Round 3 in all leagues -- his foot injury is serious but not as serious as the ACL he tore in 2007. When healthy, Brown is a must-start option in all formats

per cbssportsline

My Bad, you're right, it was foot surgery!! Still staying away, too injury prone!!

I am reading to stay away Moss and Wayne, who is a safe pick instead? I draft in the 9th spot and figured I would be going wr. Fitz could have problems, CJ on bad team, Jennings I like but got burned last year, Austin someone is protecting. There is not many options.

Stay away from Randy Moss in a contract year? No thanks. I expect Moss believes he has one big contract left in him and that it would take a complete collapse in Foxboro for him to start dogging it. With Brady as his QB, he's finished WR1 and WR2 (and finished WR9 with Matt Cassel!). The lack of Welker may hurt him a bit, but I'll take that chance.

All you guys who are staying away from Randy Moss, send him my way, I'll take him every chance I get.

I have concerns about where Schaub is going in Mocks. Sure he has the talent but is he worth it if you only get 9-10 games out of him which I think is likely.

Matt Forte worries me too - way too early in most drafts when it may be a 50/50 timeshare with Chester Taylor who can be had 6 rounds later.

CJ Spiller also has bust written all over him, not his fault. The talent around him or lack thereof mean defenses can key on him all year, not an enviable position for a rookie as he learns the ropes.

That was like 3 years ago. Last year it was his foot and his knee looked pretty dam good.

DetroitGodfather1

Posted Today, 04:53 PM

I agree with Randy Moss and Ronnie Brown. Both let me down last year.

Please explain to me how the hell Randy Moss let you DOWN :wacko: He was the #2 WR in all leagues that i played in. So i guess all WRs except AJ let you down :lol: :clap:

No one is saying stay away from Chris Johnson. Did anyone notice the graphic ESPN put up when he signed his extension yesterday?? NO running back that has gotten to 2,000 yards has produced anywhere close to what they did the year before. Think the best was something around 1200 yards.

Im not saying dont pick him if he falls to #4 which he wont but if im sitting with the #2 pick im hoping CJ goes #1 so i get AP.

No one is saying stay away from Chris Johnson. Did anyone notice the graphic ESPN put up when he signed his extension yesterday?? NO running back that has gotten to 2,000 yards has produced anywhere close to what they did the year before. Think the best was something around 1200 yards.

Im not saying dont pick him if he falls to #4 which he wont but if im sitting with the #2 pick im hoping CJ goes #1 so i get AP.

This stat has to break sometime doesn't it? He's only in his 3rd year, and the first season he split carries with Lendale White. Plus there have only been 5 chances before him to take this data from. 6th time is a charm :lol:

1600 rushing yards

275 receiving yards - all in one play!

This stat has to break sometime doesn't it? He's only in his 3rd year, and the first season he split carries with Lendale White. Plus there have only been 5 chances before him to take this data from. 6th time is a charm :lol:

1600 rushing yards

275 receiving yards - all in one play!

True just saying in past the following year has not been to good to 2,000 yard rushers.

That was like 3 years ago. Last year it was his foot and his knee looked pretty dam good.

Please explain to me how the hell Randy Moss let you DOWN :wacko: He was the #2 WR in all leagues that i played in. So i guess all WRs except AJ let you down :lol: :clap:

I can explain it for him in two words: TOO INCONSISTENT!!

Week#2: 4-Rec 24-yards

Week#5: 1-Rec 36-yards

Week#7: 5-Rec 69-yards

Week#11: 5-Rec 34-yards 1-TD

Week#12: 3-Rec 67-yards

Week#14: 2-Rec 66-yards 1-TD

Week#15: 1-Rec 16-yards

He's was up and down to much last year for me. Here are 7 games from last year you DO NOT want your #1 WR to have. Yes, every one has off games. He just had too many for me IMO.

True just saying in past the following year has not been to good to 2,000 yard rushers.

I agree - here's hoping to the 16% chance he has this year. Better than 10% I guess:)

He's was up and down to much last year for me. Here are 7 games from last year you DO NOT want your #1 WR to have. Yes, every one has off games. He just had too many for me IMO.

Agreed. It irks me to no end when Moss acts like a little girl and dogs it like a punk. You will never see an AJ or Steve Smith(Car) or Hines Ward or Derek Mason or Donald Driver or Fitzy pulling that crap. Not that these guys are on a Moss talent level (except AJ and Fitz, of course), but they show up every week and play their butt off........every play. I like that.

Jay Cutler- With Martz in town hype for him is going to go through the roof. He'll be better then last year, he pretty much has to be. I still dont see him approaching the numbers he put up in Denver. IF he manages to avoid injury playing in a slow-developing offense behind a leaky offensive line he'll probably have a career high in INT's. Closer to Jon Kitna then Kurt Warner, and a worse leader then either. Expect lots of finger pointing and possibly another whiny, beeyotch-assed trade demand.

Larry Fitzgerald- Beast of a player but his name is going to get him drafter higher then he should be. No way I would pay retail.

Chad Johnson- Run-first team and his mind obviously isn't fully invested in football (probably never was). With two @ssholes starting at WR, the Bengals become the Bungles once again.

Kolb and LeSean- Not guys I wouldn't touch, but I don't think they'll live up to their hype and draft position. I think MCNabb's season last year is Kolb's ceiling. LeSean Mccoy could be pretty good but he won't be Westbrook. He'll also be sharing touches with Weaver and Bell.

This stat has to break sometime doesn't it?

Well, I think Barry Sanders already broke it:

1997 - 2,053 rushing yards, 305 rec yards

1998 - 1,491 rushing yards, 298 rec yards

Of course, that's still nowhere near what he did in 1997. Obviously every 2k back is going to take a "step back" the following year, because expecting back-to-back 2000 yard seasons is just dumb. Doesn't mean they should always be avoided though. In CJ's case, even if he "fell back" to his 2008 numbers, that's still 1,500 total yards and 10 TD....and I think he'll be more in the 98 Sanders range, personally. That's worth a #1 or #2 pick.

Stay away from Randy Moss in a contract year? No thanks. I expect Moss believes he has one big contract left in him and that it would take a complete collapse in Foxboro for him to start dogging it. With Brady as his QB, he's finished WR1 and WR2 (and finished WR9 with Matt Cassel!). The lack of Welker may hurt him a bit, but I'll take that chance.

Exactly. People staying away from Moss are stupid. Barring injury, he will do at least as well as he did last year and probably better.

Now Steven Jackson is a good one to stay away from. Way too many touches and the Rams offense is awful. I am also staying away from:

Matt Schaub: getting drafted high, but he has always been a majory injury concern

Ryan Mathews: Rookie RBs tend to hit the wall around weeks 10-12, so even if he meets the considerable fantasy expecations people are placing on him he will probably still hurt you in the fantasy playoffs

Cedric Benson: I won't ever believe in this guy. He is WAY TOO STUPID to put it all together for consecutive seasons.

Marques Colston: Doesn't have a very high ceiling for where he is getting drafted. He'll be a good performer, yes, but you won't win a league because of his production. Let me put it this way: last year the Saints were one of the best offensive teams ever, yet Colston did not set the world on fire. Why would he do better this year???

Mike Sims-Walker: One year wonder.

Jermichael Finley: Hasn't proved he belongs among the top TEs yet, but everyone is drafting like he is already one of the top 5.

Beannie - doesn't Hightower produce just as well and is available about 5 rounds later?

I owned both backs at times last season - Beanie is 10 times the better RB. I believe he missed parts of training camp because of college obligations, which is what lead to a slow start for him last year. Arizona seems to be transitioning into a run-first team. New QB, solid OLine, 1st round-talent RB primed to produce, leaned on the run a little more last year.

In many mocks I've seen, Beanie has been around the 16th-20th RB taken off the board - behind guys like Cedric Benson, Knowshon Moreno, Pierre Thomas, and LeSean McCoy. If I have a top QB and WR fall into my lap in the first 3 rounds, I'll gladly take Wells in the 4th as my RB #2.

SS #2

Deasaun Jackson

Jamal Charles

Benson

Bowe

Great - I'm actually targeting 3 of these players in most of my drafts.

As a general rule (that's been sucessful) I try to draft fantasy players who are either on the front end of their career curve or in thier prime. Guys I shy away from are players on the back end of their career curve as in the NFL once the decline starts it rarely flatlines or goes back up. Obviously there is no hard and fast rule but for general purposes it's around the age of 30 for RB's and 33 for WR's.

It's why I was so down on LT2 prior to last season. It's why more than likely (unless great value is there) I will probably not have guys like Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Ricky Williams, and Clinton Portis on my fantasy team. It's why I WILL have guys like Moreno, Mendenhall, S.Greene, Nicks, Sims-Walker, and Crabtree on my teams.

I love having 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th year guys (RB/WR/TE) on my teams. You have a sense (unlike rookies) of what you're getting and you are owning them on their upswing or at their peak. Sorta like buying a stock before it hits it's ceiling. :music_guitarred:

Just a little sumptin sumptin I find myself doing. :bandana:

Agreed. It irks me to no end when Moss acts like a little girl and dogs it like a punk. You will never see an AJ or Steve Smith(Car) or Hines Ward or Derek Mason or Donald Driver or Fitzy pulling that crap. Not that these guys are on a Moss talent level (except AJ and Fitz, of course), but they show up every week and play their butt off........every play. I like that.

Andre Johnson last season

week 1: 4 rec, 35 yards, 0 TD

week 3: 4 rec, 86 yards, 0 TD

week 4: 2 rec, 66 yards, 0 TD

week 7: 2 rec, 66 yards, 0 TD

week 8: 6 rec, 63 yards, 0 TD

week 12: 5 rec, 67 yards, 0 TD

week 17: 6 rec, 65 yards, 0 TD 1 rush, 7 yards, 0 TD

Might want to change your evaluation methods concerning the WR position.

I'm going to stay away from Fitzgerald. Having Leinart and not having Boldin might hurt as he gets double teamed more. He'll be good, but just not as good.

Randy Moss? Who cares if he is a slacker or not, he is a top 5 receiver year in and year out. He will again top all wr's in touchdowns. I hope everyone stays clear of Moss and let him slide in the draft. On the flip side, I want no part of Ronnie Brown. The dude just can't stay healthy and Ricky should get a heavy dose of carries until his wheels fall off.

Andre Johnson last season

week 1: 4 rec, 35 yards, 0 TD

week 3: 4 rec, 86 yards, 0 TD

week 4: 2 rec, 66 yards, 0 TD

week 7: 2 rec, 66 yards, 0 TD

week 8: 6 rec, 63 yards, 0 TD

week 12: 5 rec, 67 yards, 0 TD

week 17: 6 rec, 65 yards, 0 TD 1 rush, 7 yards, 0 TD

Might want to change your evaluation methods concerning the WR position.

No kidding. It's hard to get consistent play from WRs because their production depends so much on the QB having a decent game and the type of game that unfolds (i.e., if a WRs team builds an early lead the team probably won't be throwing a lot in the second half). That's precisely why everyone prefers elite RBs over elite WRs.

I'm staying away from S. Smith (CAR). I love the guy as a player, and I like Matt Moore as a QB in that system (which is hand the ball the DWILL or JSTEW). I really think he is on the downside of his career, and being slightly on the short side, I think he career could drop off very quickly if he loses a step or two in those DBs. Not to mention the recent broken arm.

I already have the other Steve Smith on my roster, but I'm not thrilled with his value either non-ppr especially). I think Nicks will be the center of that offense, and Maningham is also primed for a good year.

Steven Jackson is the man, but I want no part of him or any other Lambs.

Gypsybrat already covered this pretty well, but that week #14 number helps make a point. 66 yards and a TD doesn't look that great, right? A receiver putting up 12.6 points a week would have ranked as high as WR2 and no lower than WR5 over the past 10 seasons. Gotta have perspective.

I'm not terribly interested in Boldin at his ADP this year. Too much running, not enough opportunities to get big numbers. He'll move the chains well but will likely get significantly more attention from opposing Ds than he did in Arizona.

I'm not terribly interested in Boldin at his ADP this year. Too much running, not enough opportunities to get big numbers. He'll move the chains well but will likely get significantly more attention from opposing Ds than he did in Arizona.

Mason

:pointstosky:

Mason

:pointstosky:

This. Flacco has been using Mason as his safety blanket for his entire career. Adding Boldin isn't necessarily going to change that, and if anything, will take defensive attention away from Mason.

Mason's never had a high ADP, is always looked down on, yet continues to put 1,000 yard season after 1,000 yard season.

Boldin isn't going to put up much better numbers than DMase, at least, not good enough to justify an 8 round gap in ADP.

You can have Boldin and low-end WR2/high-end WR3 stats in the 4th round...I'll take Mason and the same stats in the 12th.

Great - I'm actually targeting 3 of these players in most of my drafts.

i feel they are the worst possible options in picks 30-60

Who knows :dunno:

SS #2

Deasaun Jackson

Jamal Charles

Benson

Bowe

I can see SSNY, DeSean, Jamaal, and Benson being guys to stay away from, but why Bowe?

I can see SSNY, DeSean, Jamaal, and Benson being guys to stay away from, but why Bowe?

The stats are there, but i believe he has a greater injury risk or chance of slumping than i want to take on. Due to his offseason laziness.

Last season he arrived overweight, this season at least he went to fitzgeralds camp, although the reports out of the camp were that bowe was in terrible shape. Take it for what its worth.

The stats are there, but i believe he has a greater injury risk or chance of slumping than i want to take on. Due to his offseason laziness.

Last season he arrived overweight, this season at least he went to fitzgeralds camp, although the reports out of the camp were that bowe was in terrible shape. Take it for what its worth.

I haven't seen any reports that Bowe is in bad shape, but that makes sense now.

Shonn Greene. He is a second round pick in most drafts. He has LT there to steal goal line carries and a second year QB. The guy also gets knicked up alot. Good luck with that.

Miles Austin. I like the guy and he won me money last year. He is going in the second round in lots od drafts.Thats to high for me on a guy who has had one great year. I like Romo but he has weapons in Witten, Bryant and R.Williams. Don't forget to throw in Felix.

J.Addai. OK he bounced back from a down year in 2008. They drafted D.Brown in the first round last year. He did get hurt. Do you not think they will try and get him involved more this year? He looked better to at times then Addai.

Just a few guys for you.

I am not drafting these guys either unless they really fall.

S.Jackson

C.benson

McCoy

D.DRiver

J.Harrison

O.Daniels

Caddy

Santonio

No kidding. It's hard to get consistent play from WRs because their production depends so much on the QB having a decent game and the type of game that unfolds (i.e., if a WRs team builds an early lead the team probably won't be throwing a lot in the second half). That's precisely why everyone prefers elite RBs over elite WRs.

Ding Ding RB/RB SEE YOU IN THE FINALS! lol.