Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Best And Worst Present You Ever Received

Best- A go-cart when I was twelve

Worst- Crabs from a very hot chick (36D) I met at a bar one Christmas eve.

Best: This thing was awesome. It was a contraption that would throw you footballs. It basically was like a waterballoon launcher with a thin rod down the middle. The football was a hard plastic that had holes at each end. So you would pull the launcher back....set the timer...you'd run out and throw you passes.

Now it was horrifically dangerous....which is why they arent sold anymore as the launch point was waist level....or about a 9 year olds head. But dang it was awesome

Worst: Tea. When i was 16. Really? Tea?

Best: This thing was awesome. It was a contraption that would throw you footballs. It basically was like a waterballoon launcher with a thin rod down the middle. The football was a hard plastic that had holes at each end. So you would pull the launcher back....set the timer...you'd run out and throw you passes.

Now it was horrifically dangerous....which is why they arent sold anymore as the launch point was waist level....or about a 9 year olds head. But dang it was awesome

Mr. Quarterback, I had one back in the 70's. They still make them, but they look nothing like the old one. My granddad bought it and it was typical of the kickass presents he got me. Always good stuff.

Worst present, when I was 6 my Aunt got me a set of wash Towels. I think that was when the phrase WTF was started. Even my parents said it. Wash towels for a 6 year old boy, I mean, WTF.

Worst present, when I was 6 my Aunt got me a set of wash Towels. I think that was when the phrase WTF was started. Even my parents said it. Wash towels for a 6 year old boy, I mean, WTF.

:lol:

When I was like 25, my aunt and uncle got me a Santa Claus toilet seat cover. Exactly what any single guy in his mid-20s wants.

At that point why even waste the money?

Best (all in the same year 1984?):

Commodore 64

8 Stompers along with the tractor pull set

Dukes of Hazzard slot car track

Can't say I've ever had a "worst" gift. :dunno: I'm even down with fruitcake. I think it taste's awesome. :banana:

Maybe not the "best", but the most memorable was my SNES the year it launched.

The worst was from my Grandma a couple years back. She got me a lint roller. I'm serious.

best: a silver lexus with the bow on top

worst: a lexus with the bow on top...but the car was verdigris mica coloured on the exterior, and alabaster pearl coloured interior. I mean Cmon what a

joke. verdigris and alabaster? Thanks but no thanks you can keep your ugly 'gift'. :thumbsdown:

I've answered this here before but... I played the trumpet in HS, and in 9th grade I got a silver Bach Strad trumpet which is about as good as you can get. I grew up in blue collar PA and we didn't have that kind of money, and I had never gotten a present like that. I still have it, and Rusty: you still can't have it. :nono:

Can't say I could name a worst one. I remember that awkward transition to teen years, back before video games, where you started getting clothes and shiot instead of cool toys. That kinda sucked. :dunno:

worst - fireplace log from the inlaws. yeah thanks, let just throw my presesnt in the fire

Time to tell you my father's favorite joke that he tells every Christmas like it's the first time we ever heard it.

I was born on Christmas Day 1971 but my due date was January 1st, 1972.

So my dad's joke is that the best Christmas present I ever got him was a 1971 Income Tax deduction.

Best: Your mom slobbering on my cack :music_guitarred:

Worst: Your Grandpa trying to help :mad:

Time to tell you my father's favorite joke that he tells every Christmas like it's the first time we ever heard it.

So my dad's joke is that the best Christmas present I ever got him was a 1971 Income Tax deduction.

Happy B-Day Voltaire!!

:cheers:

:headbanger:

Happy Birthday, Volty. :cheers:

:headbanger:

Happy Birthday, Volty. :cheers:

TY Tiki and CH.

Sadly, I don't like birthdays anymore and I don't know how to turn them off. This one is acceptable but the next one is a milestone I'm not looking forward to hitting.

Kids today think of Gulf War vets the same way we thought of Vietnam vets. It sucks.

TY Tiki and CH.

Sadly, I don't like birthdays anymore and I don't know how to turn them off. This one is acceptable but the next one is a milestone I'm not looking forward to hitting.

Kids today think of Gulf War vets the same way we thought of Vietnam vets. It sucks.

Kids today are mostly retards who can't even do simple math problems so I wouldn't care too much what they think.

Best: not sure, I've had some real good ones as a kid.

Worst: clothes. not all clothes. but damn immediate family should sort of know what you wear.

Worst: Socks...as a kid. WTF?

Amen! Who the hell buys socks as a gift?

Best - 9mm from father-in-law. Only an Alabama redneck would give a pistol as a Christmas gift, and I loved it.

Worst - Ben Kenobi.... it was the third Ben Kenobi I got in three years from my Mom. If she'd gotten me multiple Stormtroopers, ok, but how many Ben Kenobi's can a kid play with?

Best: A BJ. Christmas BJs are usually good ones. But one in particular was really good.

Worst: Nothing.

Pretty much got nothing last year, and was upset about it.

Best: Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle

Worst: Socks...as a kid. WTF?

Same exact gifts for me. the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle was kickass..

2nd favorite.. An Intellivision Game Console.. Helluva lot better than Atari.

I remember that toy. It had that long plastic notched thing that you would pull through it to get it running. That was a cool toy.

Remember those smash up derby cars that you could run into each other and they would break, and then you could put them back together?

Those were cool toys, back in the day.

I remember that toy. It had that long plastic notched thing that you would pull through it to get it running. That was a cool toy.

Remember those smash up derby cars that you could run into each other and they would break, and then you could put them back together?

Those were cool toys, back in the day.

Ahhh...the T-Handled Zip Cord... :wub:

One year I got my first computer. Actually, I saved up and paid for half of it. Was like $300 total, and I hooked it up to our TV. No modem.

Commodore Vic 20, with cassette drive.

2nd favorite.. An Intellivision Game Console.. Helluva lot better than Atari.

Except for the goofy ass controller disc...That always pissed me off.

We're so used to joysticks and such, and those basturds had to throw that crap in there. :wall:

One year I got my first computer. Actually, I saved up and paid for half of it. Was like $300 total, and I hooked it up to our TV. No modem.

Chit...I got the C64 and the cassette drive, also.

Fun times...Except when we were waiting for the focking cassette drive to load Lemmings <_<

Chit...I got the C64 and the cassette drive, also.

Fun times...Except when we were waiting for the focking cassette drive to load Lemmings <_<

Yeah, I remember the floppy drive was more than the computer. It was like $300 with the cassette drive and $1000 with the floppy. Had no HD, no OS .... turned on like a TV, flip a switch and it's on .... and it took cartridges in the back. Otherwise, you were pretty much limited to running programs written in BASIC.

The Vic 20 had 4k of RAM. The Commodore 64 was a HUGE leap forward.

I'll just go with best and worst of this year because thinking back to all-time would be difficult.

Best: Glee Karaoke Revolution for Wii. (this is the only thing I really wanted)

Worst: A Jets jigsaw puzzle because my mom couldn't find an Eagles one and I used to be a half Jets fan before Rex Ryan, the Sanchise, and Revis Island. I let my sisters do the puzzle and walked away.

P.S. I also got lots of diamonds and gift certificates for clothes so it wasn't really that bad.

Ahhh...the T-Handled Zip Cord... :wub:

Exactly .... had like a T handle and you would pull it through as fast as you can, whipping your little brother in the face, blinding him.

Good times.

OMG. This brings back memories. One year when I was like 5 maybe? My parents bought an Atari computer from Santa Claus. And they stayed up all night to copy the text from a book to program a Christmas tree to show up on the screen when we woke up. Remember those books that had thousands of lines of code in them that you had to copy verbatim to have something really simplistic show up on your computer? Well Santa Claus also left us Frogger, Space Invaders, and Pacman. Awesome Christmas. Thanks for the memories. That by far was the best Christmas ever.

Yeah, they were programs in BASIC. And if you typed it all in EXACTLY right you could run it and play a game.

I once programmed my own D&D type came where you had a character ... and I never figured out how you would have characteristics like strength or intelligence, but pretty much every keystroke was an action. J was jump, F was fight. It was a big series of IF THENs .... character strings. It was too big for my Vic 20 though. You got about 4 moves through the engine before it failed.

Commodore machines were particularly BASIC friendly, for instance PRINT HEART would make a heart shaped character.

I remember teaching my little sister who was like 5 ...

10 PRINT HEART

20 GOTO 10

That's a program written in BASIC. Fills up the screen with hearts. I guess my Dad found her one day, filling up the screen with hearts, and he tells that story like it's amazing that somehow she knew how to do that when she was 5.

Why do ya think Dad? What's the one possibility that makes sense? I taught her how to do it. I never get any credit for anything.

Except for the goofy ass controller disc...That always pissed me off.

We're so used to joysticks and such, and those basturds had to throw that crap in there. :wall:

you also got cards that slid onto the controller disc for each new game. I wore the football one out. :banana: