Sign in to follow this  
Know Doubt

Anybody here ever see a hole in one? Get a hole in one?

I've seen one, cool as hell. #6 at Foxboro CC. Downhill, like 190 yards.

It was the 'course pros' from our place and a couple of others.

Threada title

Anybody here ever set a hole in one

:blink:

I came inches away. I mean ###### inches.Hit a wood on a short tee. Everyone was all....its going to go wayyyyyy over. It was a low line drive with a hook. Bounced right on the lip of the green and rolled UPHILL to settle about an inch away from the cup.

Threada title

Anybody here ever set a hole in one

:blink:

So you fixed it.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Close...With a guy on a 140 yard par three. He hit a great shot and from the tee, we were SURE it went in. We all cheered, high fived..I was thinking of my drink order. We got there, and it was a few inches out. Still a great moment---but a bummer it didnt go in.

I've seen two:

1) One of my Dad's friends hit one on 17 in Martinsville, IN. Pretty cool, we all saw it drop into the hole.

2) A friend of mine hit one, it was funny because it was uphill and you couldn't see the green from there. He was looking all over because he thought it went over the green ... then he checked the hole :overhead:

I had an ace about 10 years ago in Destin Florida. 128 yds.

It didn't feel like a good shot when I hit it, but it went straight at the pin. The ball bounced on the green twice, hit the stick and dropped in.

2 holes later I chipped one in from the fairway from 80 yds. out. Almost the same shot. It bounced twice, hit the stick and dropped in.

I haven't been closer than 3 ft. from a pin on a par 3 since that day.

Never made or seen one. Prolly been within about 18 inches is my closest. Did hole out from the fairway for eagle from 185 yards out a couple years ago on the hardest hole on the course I'm a member at. :pointstosky:

I've had two aces. Both of them were on the same hole at the Mt. Washington (14th hole 150 par 3). The first one was in 1997 and the second one was in 2008. Both times used an 8 iron from the tee box.

I've had two aces. Both of them were on the same hole at the Mt. Washington (14th hole 150 par 3). The first one was in 1997 and the second one was in 2008. Both times used an 8 iron from the tee box.

TGIAFP

I've been within half a rotation. 156 yards, 7 iron. I actually thought I caught it just a touch thin. About a quarter of the ball was hanging over the cup.

The only one I've witnessed was while getting ready to putt, the group on the next teebox a few feet away hit. I heard someone yell something along the lines of "That's going to go in!" and I looked at the green just in time to see the ball disappear. Pretty cool.

an 8 iron going 150? I think I was doing that when I was 12. Most golfers I know hit their 8s 180-200. The ladies go about 150.

an 8 iron going 150? I think I was doing that when I was 12. Most golfers I know hit their 8s 180-200. The ladies go about 150.

Mine isn't powered by megatoofs.

:rolleyes:

The closest I've ever come was a 165 yard par 3, hit a 7 iron that was right at the pin, but a little strong. Hit near the top of the pin in the air and bounced to about 4 feet away. I was

:unsure:

:shocking:

:bandana:

I then went on the botch the birdie putt and make par. :wall: :wall:

The closest I've ever come was a 165 yard par 3, hit a 7 iron that was right at the pin, but a little strong. Hit near the top of the pin in the air and bounced to about 4 feet away.

According to gettnhuge, you're a phag for using a 7 iron from 165. He can hit the ball 200 using his d1ck.

According to gettnhuge, you're a phag for using a 7 iron from 165. He can hit the ball 200 using his d1ck.

didn't you read his post? the 7 hit the top of the pin, it was likely going another 40 yards.

didn't you read his post? the 7 hit the top of the pin, it was likely going another 40 yards.

He two putted with his c0ck.

His d1ck tends to catch everything thin though.

I've had 2 - a 183 yarder & a 205 yarder.

Have been in the group and witnessed 3 others.

No, I haven't met Nikki yet.

my aunt had 2 in the same round of golf. on a difficult course too :dunno:

DP

Very few people hit their 8 iron 180-200. You either play with exceptionally long hitters (like top 2% exceptionally long), or they are leaning forward/closing the clubface. I hit an 8 about 160 if I'm using good tempo; 175 if I step on it - and there aren't a ton of people who hit it farther than I do off the tee.

I'm still looking for my first hole-in-one. I've gotten close several times, and I've holed out from the fairway on a couple of occasions (nearly had a double eagle, though).

Yes, My best one went under the windmill and bounced off two walls. The one on 18 doesn't count since even people with Tourette's could get a hole-in-one there.

Honestly, this is what seperates you guys from me, there has never been a point in my life when I could afford a round of golf.

i once shot an 18. So you do the math

Last year....135 yds, 8 Iron. Theres a thread around here somewhere.

:pointstosky: