Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

[**Official Silverback Status Update 2011**]

8 years seems kinda random Rusty, and recent - why not 10?

Looking through this thread, '01 produced a hella lot of great posters. And Rusty. :thumbsup:

Looking through this thread, '01 produced a hella lot of great posters. And Rusty. :thumbsup:

01 was the mass migration from thehuddle.com when they decided to go all pay.

2003? I mean WTF - maybe that's math for 10 years and you're in. Happy 8th year? Who celebrates that sh!t? Horrible, just horrible :wall:

If you cant claim 10 years you are a juvenile silverback....at best :D

Well what do you know...I'm still in :headbanger:

I pride myself on having never been a member at any other football site. 2 dudes that don't post here anymore (nafxaj and lord of the rings) turned me onto this one.

I pride myself on having never been a member at any other football site. 2 dudes that don't post here anymore (nafxaj and lord of the rings) turned me onto this one.

Same here.. I stumbled on to this site when I was searching for fantasy football on the internet. I might have been using Alta Vista search at that time. :shocking:

I came here through a Jihad attempt believe it or not....it was linked in a post a thehuddle and mike banned me in like 2 days. Then I ended up starting this account and have been here every since. The only other board I use is theshroomery.com and i have been a member there for longer than I have been here. Thats where I went when mike banned me for a month this year(before I said fock it and got an alias)

I joined in 01 when I was asked to join my first FF league... two days before the league draft. :unsure: I don't recall if I found it myself or if the guy who asked me pointed me to it. Nevertheless, I found a 1-page cheatsheet (Mike still does them, gawd bless him :wub: ) and it was my primary guide. It was a keeper league; I inherited Dorsey Levens who was ranked 4th that year. After the draft, I traded the same above guy Levens for the RB ranked 3rd on the sheet. Guy who just was traded to the Rams, I think his name was Marshall Faulk. That worked out well for years to come. :doublethumbsup:

Also, I always wondered if nafxaj was real. That thread about the slut coworker remains the measuring stick for all threads. :overhead:

I joined in 01 when I was asked to join my first FF league... two days before the league draft. :unsure: I don't recall if I found it myself or if the guy who asked me pointed me to it. Nevertheless, I found a 1-page cheatsheet (Mike still does them, gawd bless him :wub: ) and it was my primary guide. It was a keeper league; I inherited Dorsey Levens who was ranked 4th that year. After the draft, I traded the same above guy Levens for the RB ranked 3rd on the sheet. Guy who just was traded to the Rams, I think his name was Marshall Faulk. That worked out well for years to come. :doublethumbsup:

Also, I always wondered if nafxaj was real. That thread about the slut coworker remains the measuring stick for all threads. :overhead:

Mike always had draft day documents, like bye weeks and lineup pages on the main page. The other owners of my local leagues could never figure out why I tracked their drafts on those sheets! This was the Mother Board for me and still is.

I came in back in "99". I never did figure out what happened and had to redo everything in "00".

I believe we were latin pimped

You were Tepid Joe? That was way too clever to be you.

I can neither confirm or deny until valoridated as a silverback status geek.

I can tell you that I also did the fake danzone' that did fake GTG's with links to songs such as who let the dogs out.

im not an elitist

Very real. He's good dude.

:thumbsup: that's right jerry... THAT'S RIGHT!

It took me a while to get here after thehuddle meltdown. And I had already been well established there.

I stuck with the pay huddle for the first year. The 'free' thehuddle was worth paying for, the pay thehuddle wasn't. 80% of the people were gone. At the same time I and lots of otherfrom the thehuddle diaspora was busy getting abused at the noob site FBG. I set up a FFToday account because after the Interboard League's first season, Jetdoc wanted FFT to join the next year (2002).

Since I had founded the league and was the original commissioner, I wanted to register here to be able to help answer questions and acclimate everybody. FBG focking sucked, but FFT was the closest things came to what we had at thehuddle before it imploded, so I stuck.

It would be so cool if FFToday could get back to the time before Latin Pimp...

It would be so cool if FFToday could get back to the time before Latin Pimp...

back in the ghb days?

back in the ghb days?

Yeah like in the beginning of the GHB days of 2002/2003...

Yeah like in the beginning of the GHB days of 2002/2003...

part of the problem I think is that I was 23/ 24 then just finishing college and now I'm married with three kids and a real life

It took me a while to get here after thehuddle meltdown. And I had already been well established there.

I stuck with the pay huddle for the first year. The 'free' thehuddle was worth paying for, the pay thehuddle wasn't.

Im glad I didnt stick around for that. I just remember thinking that there is no way im paying for a message board when everyone else has one thats free. I figured this place was about as close to what we had at thehuddle at the time before they went pay.Plus really mike has done a great job with this site and its far better than any others that deal with this. My only complaint is he wont put up a subsection for fantasy baseball.

How much did she cost, and how big are her cans?

:overhead:

3 kids!

:wacko:

:thumbsup: that's right jerry... THAT'S RIGHT!

I think if we really want to narrow this down to when the quality really came in it would have to be August 7, 2001. :cheers:

I thought this was going to be an update about apes....

Pretty close though :thumbsup:

It has been proclaimed that anyone who claims to be a silverback on this board wants me to put silver on his back. Claim away homos...

:music_guitarred:

I believe we were latin pimped

That happened 6 years later. Many of us were on this thing before it actually ....was... :blink: then it became :unsure: , and some of us had to .....sign up again. :( I swear 1 day cost me 2000 style points! :bandana:

That happened 6 years later. Many of us were on this thing before it actually ....was... :blink: then it became :unsure: , and some of us had to .....sign up again. :( I swear 1 day cost me 2000 style points! :bandana:

Yea I can never remember when the big events happen. Seems like we have had 3 or so times when I didnt think the board was going to recover.

I call bullsh!t and demand a vote on letting these sperm burpers in.

Agreed

Yea I can never remember when the big events happen. Seems like we have had 3 or so times when I didnt think the board was going to recover.

About five years ago or so, this board was so slow I was forced to seek exchanging snarky remarks elsewhere. Tis a day that will live in infamy.

I am seeing a lot of old names in this thread. Im glad to see James Thrash has made it through the rough times as well.

:pointstosky:

Agreed

I second this. Its not quantity, or a date, its quality that counts. Shat look at all the GFIAFP post, not a single one worth a shat, and they get worse everyday. One crappy thread of his is usually out trumped by another crappy thread. Which does take talent I suppose :dunno: .