Sign in to follow this  
Dsausage

Waiver wire for week 3 wide receivers.

Just going to throw out several names that are out there in most of my leagues and see what people think about their respective upsides.

Nate Washington

David Nelson

Eric Decker

Brandon Lafell

Danario Alexander

Brandon Gibson

Brian Hartline

Preston Parker

Early Doucet

Feel free to add and I would like to hear who people value the most out there.

Just going to throw out several names that are out there in most of my leagues and see what people think about their respective upsides.

Nate Washington

David Nelson

Eric Decker

Brandon Lafell

Danario Alexander

Brandon Gibson

Brian Hartline

Preston Parker

Early Doucet

Feel free to add and I would like to hear who people value the most out there.

Decker

Nelson

Washington

forget about the rest

This is the order in my opinion but after Nate Washington I wouldn't touch the others unless a real deep league. (I added Moore and McCluster)

Eric Decker

D Moore

David Nelson

D McCluster

Nate Washington

Brandon Gibson

Brandon Lafell

Danario Alexander

Brian Hartline

Preston Parker

Early Doucet

I'm going after Decker. McCluster should be on that list too!

Agreed. I drafted McCluster in most of my leagues so thats my fault for missing him.

So far it looks like Nelson, Washington and Decker are the only real viable options with a couple people looking at the Rams wr's Gibson and Alexander.

I personally think Washington has the most upside as he has had a crap QB for years and finally has someone used to spreading the ball to receivers like him. In Seattle there was always a Washington type receiver getting his reps. Doesn't hurt that Britt will be doubled every game.

Nelson has lots of upside if Bills keep throwing it so much and Decker will be a wr2 at best once Lloyd gets back. Lloyd is way more athletic and has a great repoire already with him.

you've got to really be wanting at WR to go after any of those guys.

So far my waiver list is:

Nelson

Decker

Moore

McCluster-WR-Yahoo

Nelson: I really think can produce very similar stats to Stevie. He was targeted very similar to stevie and is a decent red zone target. Fitz is a for real. Fred Jax is better than we think Bills will be behind and throwing often. Even against the Jets I think Nelson will benefit from not facing Revis. Clearly the Miami and New England secondaries are horrible. I think he could be this years Stevie Johnson. Extra bump b/c Roscoe Parrish is out for a few games.

Decker: Honestly don't know too much. He looks like one of the new breed of smart, am I allowed to say that?, white receivers. He has clearly benefited from Lloyd and Royal missing time. Royal looks to be out further. Good value but tougher for me to read for some reason. Help me out here....

Moore: Hmmm I think I might switch Moore with Decker the more I think about it. Moore has flashed serious talent, possibly the highlight of camp-that includes McFadden. I think he's got legit talent and could excel if given the opportunity. The AFC West is pretty wide open and outside of San Diego I think the Ds are crap. Downside: Jason Campbell and a ton of receivers on Oakland.

McCluster: WR Yahoo league. Maybe he should be #1 based on ceiling but I don't trust this chiefs team and I don't think turning this guy into a running back is a long term viable option. He'll have some great games but might disappear. Worth a flier but I don't think much of KC.

Ok guys I'd love any added insight on these guys/situation and how you'd rank them. I have requests in for them in all leagues but want to solidify by order by tomm. Thanks.

Damn check out these Moore Week 2 Highlights:

* Must see is his 50 yard td over 2 defenders. It's 2:20 in. One of the best catches-maybe the best- I've seen this season. This guy is a play maker. He would jump to the top of my list if I knew he would play. I might pick him up on ceiling alone. This guy has special talent. DAMN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEqmgnAckk

Brandon LaFell is an interesting name on that list that nobody is mentioning, so I guess I will. I'm strongly thinking about making him one of my sleepers for the upcoming week. He has four catches in each game so far, 119 total yards, and a TD. Cam Newton doesn't mind looking his way--as opposed to the "official" #2 WR on the team, Legadu Naanee, who has only three catches in the two games combined--and as defenses learn to take away (or at least contain) Steve Smith, LaFell seems the most likely target to increase in production.

After this week's game, it appears that Denario Alexander might have some value, at least until Amendola gets back, and there are some who argue that Alexander is the Rams' most talented WR overall--and his catches on Monday Night kind of bore testimony to that. Watch him next week, and see if Bradford continues to nurture this relationship--if so, Alexander might be worth a long-term roster spot. God knows no one ELSE is stepping up for the Rams.

Right now, though, David Nelson probly heads the list in terms of being solidified as the Bills' WR2 no matter what. He should provide fairly consistent production for the remainder of the season, not far behind his counterpart, Stevie Johnson. Decker will be good so long as there are injuries to the other Denver WRs, but it remains to be seen how much of a role he will play when Lloyd and Royal are healthy again. Moore is likewise kind of in the spotlight due to injuries; it will take more than one spectacular catch to keep him there for the long haul. Washington is kind of the poor man's Burleson, so I'd probly list him second behind Nelson, if you can stand some inconsistency from him--which you will get.

I'd hate to have to start any Chiefs at this point, but McCluster might be a spot/flex starter in PPR leagues. Hartline, Doucet and Gibson are all about the same; barely worth a roster slot except in large leagues, good for maybe 25-45 yards per game and about 5 TDs on the year. Preston Parker isn't even worth mentioning; he's behind Williams and Benn on a team that throws for 200 yards per game--if they're playing from behind.

So for this week:

Nelson, Decker, Moore, Washington, Alexander, LaFell, McCluster, Gibson, Doucet, Hartline, and Parker.

For the long term:

Nelson, Washington, Decker, LaFell, McCluster, Alexander (?), Moore, Gibson, Doucet, Hartline and Parker.

you've got to really be wanting at WR to go after any of those guys.

In any league size over 12 teams, half those guys are already rostered.

I drafted Moore in a 14 team league, good to see him step up in week 2 and live up to the camp hype. I also was more impressed with Hagan in preseason than with Heyward Bey, so I'm curious if he'll continue to get targets when Ford and DHB return.

Alexander seems to be a hot pickup, but what happens to him when Amendola comes back? He only had 3 catches 2 of those coming by burning a bad corner.

I'm intrigued by Preston Parker, he seems to be getting 6-8 targets per game and catching most of those. Could turn into a ppr guy who gives you 4-5 points on catches alone.

I also own Doucet in a 16 team league, but I don't see him doing much except for the occasional big play / big game. I don't think he's a viable week to week starter especially in PPR.

Only one person showing some love for Denarius Moore? He was absolutely awesome last week and all the guys ahead of him on the depth chart are hurt and suck.

Only one person showing some love for Denarius Moore? He was absolutely awesome last week and all the guys ahead of him on the depth chart are hurt and suck.

I am sold on this kid. I am burning all off my free agent money on him...I am hurting at WR2 in an auction league.

Raiders coach Hue Jackson confirmed Monday that Denarius Moore's 146-yard Week 2 performance has earned him more playing time.

"Oh, boy, you better believe he has," Jackson said. "There’s no doubt. ... He is as advertised. He made some plays. It’s going to be hard to keep that young man off the field." It's worth noting that Moore benefited from Jacoby Ford (hamstring), Louis Murphy (sports hernia), Darrius Heyward-Bey (knee), and Kevin Boss' (knee) Week 2 inactivity. Moore will be a more confident fantasy option when he's playing full time with all of those guys back. Source: Oakland Tribune

~rotoworld.com

What about Jerome Simpson? Dude finished 2010 pretty strong and I've read that Dalton looks his way alot so far this season.

I'd rather have Nelson, because BUF is gonna pass alot this year...and I just trust the BUF offense more than the others mentioned.

And although I like Moore's talent, I like Simpson's situation better. At least you know he'll see the field. Moore? Once Ford and DHB return....who knows how he'll be used.

And I agree with with AE....LaFell should get some attention too. Good play this weekend against a bad JAX secondary.

*edit- Didn't include Decker because someone in my league drafted him. But I'd probably put him behind Nelson, in front of Moore/Simpson.

He and Decker are 1a/1b this week, I think. Moore looked incredible, justifying the late round fliers taken on him for sure. The plus to Decker is that with Royal now hurt, he's definitely going to be starting for the next few weeks. When Ford is healthy, Moore might go back to WR3. The Raiders are stubborn on DHB. Still, Moore will get a lot of opportunity even in 3WR sets.

Also, if you're looking at immediately impact, the Raiders play the Jets this week. I'm not sure they're a together-enough passing offense to make a dent against New York.

What about Deion Branch? Does he make this list in a ppr league? How does he compare....thoughts?

if you are in a league where branch is available, find a new league cause yours sucks.

From those highlights and his production moore looks like he is exactly what the raiders need. The achilles heel of this team has been horrible WR play for too long--guys who are fast and perform well at the combine but just don't perform when it comes to gametime. Moore seems to be the cure and I hope the raiders can see this.

What about Jerome Simpson? Dude finished 2010 pretty strong and I've read that Dalton looks his way alot so far this season.

I'd rather have Nelson, because BUF is gonna pass alot this year...and I just trust the BUF offense more than the others mentioned.

And although I like Moore's talent, I like Simpson's situation better. At least you know he'll see the field. Moore? Once Ford and DHB return....who knows how he'll be used.

And I agree with with AE....LaFell should get some attention too. Good play this weekend against a bad JAX secondary.

*edit- Didn't include Decker because someone in my league drafted him. But I'd probably put him behind Nelson, in front of Moore/Simpson.

Whats your take on Nate the Great Wash?

Whats your take on Nate the Great Wash?

Meh. I think at this point we kinda know who Nate Washington is. He could be a decent spot starter in a bigger league, but I just don't think he'll ever consistently produce. And I think last week was a bit of an abberation in that BAL took the TEN running game out of play, forcing Hass to chuck it up. Usually, and if TEN has its way, they'll run the ball more...or at least more effectively....and pass less.

Don't see him as having the potential upside as Moore/Nelson/Decker.

Meh. I think at this point we kinda know who Nate Washington is. He could be a decent spot starter in a bigger league, but I just don't think he'll ever consistently produce. And I think last week was a bit of an abberation in that BAL took the TEN running game out of play, forcing Hass to chuck it up. Usually, and if TEN has its way, they'll run the ball more...or at least more effectively....and pass less.

Don't see him as having the potential upside as Moore/Nelson/Decker.

I feel ya, he has always been hit or miss with potential but I like his QB this year better then years past (obviously) as V Young only threw it 25 times or so a game and Hass is around 30-35 in the past. Just think he averages 3-4 more looks a game and it gives more upside then in previous years.

I like Nelson more then anyone on the wire because is apparently a solid offense that is not afraid to throw it 40 times a game. Plus with Roscoe "chicken and waffles" Parrish out for the season it only boosts his looks. Stevie Johnson's groin is apparently an issue but I dont think that would really help him as most likely it may get him some more doubles.

Finally Moore has upside but I am not sold yet. Oakland WR's are notorious over the last few years for throwing up huge games and then duds. No consistency and I am still chapped at taking Jacoby Ford earlier then I should have in one of my leagues. Thank you for the feedback.

I would avoid Washington personally. People love upside, and IMO he doesn't have much. 6 years in the league and he's never topped 700 yards or 6 TD's.

He's also started off well in the past and fizzled out:

last year - TD's in each of the first 2 games, but only 4 more the rest of the season

2009 - 3 TD's in the first 4 weeks, then only 2 more the rest of the season

2008 - 3 TD's in the first 5 weeks, didn't get another one after that

I would avoid Washington personally. People love upside, and IMO he doesn't have much. 6 years in the league and he's never topped 700 yards or 6 TD's.

He's also started off well in the past and fizzled out:

last year - TD's in each of the first 2 games, but only 4 more the rest of the season

2009 - 3 TD's in the first 4 weeks, then only 2 more the rest of the season

2008 - 3 TD's in the first 5 weeks, didn't get another one after that

Great info, TY

So far my waiver list is:

Nelson

Decker

Moore

McCluster-WR-Yahoo

I think these are the only 4 I'd put waiver claims on as well, but if I don't get any (Moore is the only one already rostered in my league but am putting claims in on the other 3) I may need to look at some of the other options.

IMO I would probably keep them in the same order you have them listed here. I like Nelson the best since his situation likely won't change much. I'm not completely sold on how Decker will do without all the injuries, but I still like him. Nothing against Moore, but the Raiders have not had a WR with more than 800 rec yards since Randy Moss in 2005, so it may be tough for him to break that trend, especially since Campbell himself has only ever had one 1,000-yard receiver - Santana Moss in 2008.

Not to be a complete Nate Washington hater, but one other point on him since I just noticed someone actually thought he "had the most upside" since he's had "crap at QB": Last year Kerry Collins and Vince Young combined for over 3,000 yards, 24 TD's and 11 INT's, yet Washington only managed 687 of them. That's twice as many TD's as Hasselbeck had last year, and Collins alone had 14 TD's in 7 starts, compared to Hasselbeck's 12 in 14 starts. I don't think Hasselbeck is going to average 300+ yards per game the rest of the season.

I was wavering between Nelson, Moore, and Decker...this article from rotoworld convinced me that Moore is the pick this week (over Nelson and Decker):

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/38809/64/there-goes-that-man-again

Sure, you might get more consistency from Nelson or Decker, but if you want the kind of upside that can win a season for you, you take risks on upside. Moore seems to be that kind of talent.

A Raider WR will not win a season for you. Nelson is the pick.

Agreed. Nelson is the top add imo.

I keep flip flopping on Moore/Decker but rotoworld sold me(along with that youtube of the week 2 highlights and training camp reports) to make him my # 2.

:thumbsup:

I feel ya, he has always been hit or miss with potential but I like his QB this year better then years past (obviously) as V Young only threw it 25 times or so a game and Hass is around 30-35 in the past. Just think he averages 3-4 more looks a game and it gives more upside then in previous years.

I like Nelson more then anyone on the wire because is apparently a solid offense that is not afraid to throw it 40 times a game. Plus with Roscoe "chicken and waffles" Parrish out for the season it only boosts his looks. Stevie Johnson's groin is apparently an issue but I dont think that would really help him as most likely it may get him some more doubles.

Finally Moore has upside but I am not sold yet. Oakland WR's are notorious over the last few years for throwing up huge games and then duds. No consistency and I am still chapped at taking Jacoby Ford earlier then I should have in one of my leagues. Thank you for the feedback.

Props for the Tapeheads reference :thumbsup:

good article and it sounds like Moore has a ton of talent, but ugh.... he's a rookie, plays for crappy Oakland, and hopes to keep the job once starters are healthy.

I can't do it. Gotta go with Nelson who has 19 targets so far this season. A 2nd year player who (according to CBSSportsline) already owns the #2 spot. I also like Fitzpatrick being on pace for a career best season. Also Roscoe Parish has been placed in IR and Steve Johnson has a groin injury.

Landed Nelson in 2 leagues. Missed out on Moore. I'll take it.

How much would u bid on Nelson if you only had 70 for the whole season?

$100 budget

decker went for 15 in my league

a desperate owner for a wr went 50 on nelson

no one bid on moore

mccluster was already rostered

I just waived Henne for McCoy for $0 ... but it's just a shell game at backup QB for me. Waived Crabtree for Decker. I gotta rank my WRs behind Megatron at Boldin, Burleson, Lance Moore and now Decker. I think Nelson would have been the better pick for consistent production, but I can afford to wait and see if there is a higher upside with Decker.

Nelson was grabbed ahead of me on the waivers so I picked up Donald Jones. No hype on him this week but with Parrish out and Stevie with the sore groin, he could be a sneaky grab before this week when he blows up against the pats. :doublethumbsup: