Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Mendenhall Blows!

Official WTF was I thinking drafting this guy in the 2nd round thread. Seriously, he looks slow, hesitant, and worst of all just dumb.

Lots of early pick RBs sucking it up this year so far....CJ, Mendy, Gore, SJax, not to mention the injuries to Foster and Charles. Some people will act high and mighty over their Mccoy and Mcfadden picks but you never really know.....might be better to reevaluate the whole RB early strategy.

Really wanted McCoy, but he did not fall to me with the 10th pick. Sucks. McFadden scared me because of him being so injury prone, but he was the one to get. I liked Mendenhall's schedule better too, but it doesn't matter.

Mendy is hesistant coming out of the backfield; dancing around, juking.......not quick.

That being said, it doesn't help the Colts are IN the backfield as he's getting the ball.

Regardless of the fantasy implications I've always thought that Mendy looked like a plodding mediocre back.

Pitt's line isn't good anymore but the schedule is.

Lots of early pick RBs sucking it up this year so far....CJ, Mendy, Gore, SJax, not to mention the injuries to Foster and Charles. Some people will act high and mighty over their Mccoy and Mcfadden picks but you never really know.....might be better to reevaluate the whole RB early strategy.

I'm thinking the same. I've always been a RB early guy (usually RB/RB), but I'm rethinking it now. The one 12 teamer where I did go WR/WR (Calvin/Roddy) is 2-1 and put up 148 points in Week 1, and 180 points today. And so far my patchwork RB rotation of Wells/Greene/Danny Thomas are holding their own.

In PPR leagues, he was definitely over-valued. In spite of his lack of receptions I took him 2nd round thinking the power-house Steelers running game would make for it. So far, that ain't the case.

I haven't lost complete faith yet, but it's starting to look like we all over-paid a little.

The o-line sucks and he had approximately 900 carries last season. This shouldn't be a shock. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been hurt yet.

Seriously, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that was Reggie Bush wearing #34 and dancing around like that.

FOCKING RUN D!CKHEAD.

Christ by the time this sh!thead goes North and South, it's too focking late.

Of course they would call a fricken hold on a play where Mendenhall actually gets a point!! Focking frustrating. There was a run on that drive where he had a whole open to the left and he tried to cut and run around to his right for 0 yds....

As in my post earlier. I'd really like to see a lucky 40+ yard TD just for stats.. That way it helps me try to fock somebody into trading me.

Steelers homer here and I've been saying for 2 years that I'm not entirely convinced that Mendenhall is the best RB on his own team (see Isaac Redman's TD run against Seattle last week). The Steelers have not looked particularly effective running the ball in 3 games and Mendenhall hasn't done much to create on his own or pick up the slack as a receiver. I really believe Redman is an instant star if anything happens to Mendy. Think Marion Barber in his prime.

O line is utter garbage. Steelers are going to have a long season with that. 2 dudes that they know are going to bullrush the passer every down keep doing the same thing and they have zero answer. The Colts D as a whole is not very good. IF that Oline can even semi neutralize the 2 ends, Ben would be hitting receivers wide open day and night. Like I said, it's gonna be a very long season for this team if the Oline doesn't smarten up...

Well, now I need to hope Romo gets 26 to win....

Thanks Mendenhall you focking loser! You're not Barry Sanders dumbarse!!!

:wall:

He sucks so bad that he's not even in the game on the last drive!

mewelde looked like the best back on pitt!

groan

this stupid focking POS is like reggie bush WITHOUT the pass catching ability and benefit of being in on third down.

it's really fitting that this asshat is a dancer, as that's all he does before the LOS.

up 15 going into tonight, mendy vs wallace. lost by. thanks a lot ya focker

Ok so we all agree that he sucks but the important questions is what do I do with him now? Trade him, bench him? What kind of value to you get for him? I just cant see anyone giving any real value for him....I think I am FOCKED and just have to keep him...Cant bench him with the cupcakes on his schedule, then again INDY should have been one of those cupcakes....FOCK....I dont know what to FOCKING DO

Pittsburgh O-Line is terrible right now. Can't really put it all on Mendy.

Not in real life, but in fantasy football you can. :pointstosky:

Ok so we all agree that he sucks but the important questions is what do I do with him now?

I'm riding the storm. Gonna start him til he proves to be completely worthless. He ain't there yet. :banana:

Pittsburgh O-Line is terrible right now. Can't really put it all on Mendy.

Name one RB that can be productive when there are 3 and 4 guys waiting for him behind the line of scrimmage. You can't. Pitt needs to get their O Line in order.

Name one RB that can be productive when there are 3 and 4 guys waiting for him behind the line of scrimmage. You can't. Pitt needs to get their O Line in order.

Agreed. Mendenhall is a proven commodity. His o-line is the big problem right now.

It's hard to believe, but the Steelers offensive line is WORSE than last year. I'm figuring that Flozell Adams gets signed tomorrow and maybe someone else too. I was considering offering Gore for Mendenhall but am convinced that neither has trade value.

Mendenhall had 410 touches last season, his poor play should not be suprising.

I think the offensive line was just as bad last season, and it is mendy's play which has gotten worse.

Mendenhall had 410 touches last season, his poor play should not be suprising.

I think the offensive line was just as bad last season, and it is mendy's play which has gotten worse.

The offensive line is much worse this year. It was actually decent last year, this year it is a focking train wreck!

Not much you can do about this but pray.

From the Roto:

Steelers offensive line woes: Pittsburgh lost RG Doug Legursky and RT Marcus Gilbert to shoulder injuries, and LT Jonathan Scott was carted off in the fourth quarter with a leg injury (Gilbert, it should be noted, returned to replace Scott after Scott left)

The loss of Colon on the line really hurts as does the loss of Adams, who was pretty bad in pass protection but a good run blocker.

The loss of Colon on the line really hurts as does the loss of Adams, who was pretty bad in pass protection but a good run blocker.

Nothing worse than an injured Colon.