Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

If Denver beats NE

if Denver beats NE...

the Patriots have officially become The Colts - a team that piles up stats, records, regular season wins, but throws up on itself when it counts the most - Playoffs.

The world will come to an end....

Mayan Calendar says 12-21-12 so Tebow wins SB and reveals himself as the next prophet instead of going to Disney World

if Denver beats NE...

the Patriots have officially become The Colts - a team that piles up stats, records, regular season wins, but throws up on itself when it counts the most - Playoffs.

The Colts in the last 6 seasons - 2 SB appearances, one win.

The Pats in the last 6 seasons - 1 SB appearance, one loss.

I would say the Colts have done a lot better lately in the playoffs.

But if Denver beats NE, it just means they go to the championship game. I don't see it personally, NE already showed them the humble loss of a defeat. If the weather is Cold or Snow, NE wins. Tom can play in a blizzard and has done it plenty of times.

if Denver beats NE...

It would be 3 one and dones over the last 3 seasons. It could be considered a trend at that point. They're aware of it and I have little doubt they plan to break that before it becomes a trend.

It would be 3 one and dones over the last 3 seasons. It could be considered a trend at that point. They're aware of it and I have little doubt they plan to break that before it becomes a trend.

I've posted it before - but now I'm really hoping this is a "makeup" year for NE.

They're not a SB caliber team - way too many deficiencies.

But in the recent past, they've been a juggernaut and underachieved; Brady could easily have 4+ rings by now if the chips fell a bit differently.

mzf5c5 I was being a bit snarky so good job not flying off the handle. I have tons of respect for the Colts, but for a while there, their post season ineptitude was reaching epic proportions... Bill Polian was in on the Bills 4 Straight SB losses and now in charge of the Colts annual post season collapse.

It wasn't until the Colts became more like the Pats (effective RBs, Good Defense, not all on the QB) that they won.

And now the Pats have in many ways become like the Colts that failed in the post season every year (all on the QB, no defense, pass happy, record breaking, stats loaded)

Brady could easily have 4+ rings by now if the chips fell a bit differently.

True.... But he could also very, very easily have zero right now ;)

mzf5c5 I was being a bit snarky so good job not flying off the handle. I have tons of respect for the Colts, but for a while there, their post season ineptitude was reaching epic proportions... Bill Polian was in on the Bills 4 Straight SB losses and now in charge of the Colts annual post season collapse.

It wasn't until the Colts became more like the Pats (effective RBs, Good Defense, not all on the QB) that they won.

And now the Pats have in many ways become like the Colts that failed in the post season every year (all on the QB, no defense, pass happy, record breaking, stats loaded)

The sad part, you are right about it though. The Pats look like the early 2000 teams of the Colts. Not a good defense, built to play with a lead. Last couple years, lost at home in the playoffs, which to win in NE in the winter isn't an easy feat for anyone.

Polian does have skills in finding good players. Elite players....Honestly, the last few years, he has done better in the middle rounds though. I am ok with seeing him leave. I truely hope the new GM brings in a new Coach also, except we are losing out on the best one available I believe, in Jeff Fisher.

I know Chad was brought in to maybe be the outside guy, but the Pats are winning with a slot reciever and two top 5 TE's.

I do see them getting past Denver though. If not, I would be worried a lot.

Brady could easily have 4+ rings by now if the chips fell a bit differently.

Yeah, that whole gettin' caught cheating chip kinda slowed all that down.

the Patriots have officially become The Colts -

Let's hope they are like the Colts in their SB winning year. If memory serves they were the worst defense going into the playoffs, but then completely, inexplicably, turned it around and played lights-out in the playoffs. :praying:

Right on!! :)

The Broncos will lose but it has nothing to do with Tebow and the offense. They will be fine going up against that joke of a defense.

At home, Tom Brady carves up the Bronco D. Pats by 2 TD's

Nah - the cheating didnt have much to do with it. Its more that they lost too many good players on defense, dont have a running game, and dont make incredibly lucky plays like they did in the past: The tuck rule, Troy Brown stripping the ball when San Diego had them beat, etc, etc.

The Broncos will lose but it has nothing to do with Tebow and the offense. They will be fine going up against that joke of a defense.

That joke of a defense is giving up fewer points per game than Denver's defense. :dunno:

That joke of a defense is giving up fewer points per game than Denver's defense. :dunno:

I never claimed The Broncos had a good defense. they've looked good a at times this season, but with Von slowed have lost their mojo.

New England wins by outscoring Denver. They will give up a lot of yards but get some timely turnovers and a couple close calls in their favor.

Nah - the cheating didnt have much to do with it. Its more that they lost too many good players on defense, dont have a running game, and dont make incredibly lucky plays like they did in the past: The tuck rule, Troy Brown stripping the ball when San Diego had them beat, etc, etc.

:thumbsup: lots of truth there.

they got a lot of luck. made some of their own luck. and capitalized everytime they got lucky.

no denying it.

They played mistake free football in a very blue collar, unspectacular fashion.

Whenever the opponent made a mistake - lucky or not - NE capitalized.

DEN and Playoffs still stings for this Pats fan - when Tom Brady threw the red zone INT, Troy Brown fumbled the return, and Adam Vinatieri missed the FG - three "unthinkables" happened in one game - it was one of the losses that always stuck with me (most of you probably remember Ben Watson running down Champ Baily on the int Return.).

Pats 'should' win...

I've heard this before.

Still concerned as a Pats fan.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the SB - it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose this week to DEN.

tough team to gauge right now.

It would surprise me to see them beat GB, NO, or NYG in the SB though.

Jets fan really gonna be pulling for Denver next week.

I just don't see it though.

I think Baltimore can give them a run if they can beat Houston.

Jets fan really gonna be pulling for Denver next week.

I just don't see it though.

I think Baltimore can give them a run if they can beat Houston.

I know who Baltimore will be rooting for between NE & Den.

DEN and Playoffs still stings for this Pats fan - when Tom Brady threw the red zone INT, Troy Brown fumbled the return, and Adam Vinatieri missed the FG - three "unthinkables" happened in one game - it was one of the losses that always stuck with me (most of you probably remember Ben Watson running down Champ Baily on the int Return.).

Cry me a river pal. That was the one NFL game I've been to in person, and I went with three Broncos fans. Then I had to ride home with them for 10 hours.

Next week better be payback time. :mad:

I've heard this before.

Still concerned as a Pats fan.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the SB - it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose this week to DEN.

tough team to gauge right now.

It would surprise me to see them beat GB, NO, or NYG in the SB though.

:thumbsup:

That was the one NFL game I've been to in person, and I went with three Broncos fans. Then I had to ride home with them for 10 hours.

that is awful. I'm so sorry.

:(

I laugh every time I see people talk about how teams "figured things out" and shut down Denver/Tebow over the last three weeks of the season. Buffalo did. KC did, though I think much of that was his hesitation after everything going wrong the week before. Happens to young QB.

Denver had their way with the New England defense. The Broncos ran for over 250 yds (Tebow around 95 of them), and he threw for just under 200. They scored 23, which is better than their season average.

The Patriots offense exploited the Denver D. From about beginning of the second quarter until roughly 5:00 into the second half, Denver had 7 offensive snaps. They fumbled two of them away (one by Tebow). That's just about 20:00 of game time where the Pats kept the Broncos offense off the field.

It was a great game plan and execution. Exactly what Denver hoped to do to NE. But it had zip to do with anything the Pats D did. They don't have the personnel to matchup with Denver like the Jets or Bears did, just as Pittsburgh didn't ( which was exacerbated by the injuries in game).

New England is vulnerable. We saw during the last match up that Denver can run the ball on them and put up points. The key to Denver is to limit those fumbles that have been plauguing them of recent. Tebow, Ball, and McGahee have to hold on to the football. If they do that, they keep the NE offense off the field (the best D you can have).

I know this sounds so cliche' but it's true. If Denver can win two categories: the time of possesion and turnover battle, they win the game IMO.

The one thing that does concern me is that these guys met not long ago, and I trust Belichick to make more necessary adustments than I do John Fox. For that reason, even tough I'm pulling for Denver, it's gonna be an uphill battle and I see a final score of:

Patriots 27

Broncos 20

As a Patriots homer I gotta say that I am somewhat concerned. Just look at what happened with the Jets last year..45-3 whipping and then Brady comes out flat and gets shut down.

I think getting McDaniels back will be somewhat of a help, but the defense needs to make some big plays. Im gonna say it'll be a close game until the 4th quarter, with the Pats finally pulling away about halfway thru.

34-28 Pats is my prediction.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit tho if Denver does indeed pull off the upset.

Have we gone mad????

I'm seeing close score predictions and even Denver pulling off a victory here????

The pat's offense is an absolute juggernaut and i really can't see how Denver can keep up in 4 quarters of play.

again, tough to gauge skinny.

I'm with you - I could see a Pats blowout. If that offense gets going early and DEN is forced the throw and play from way behind... yup. Perfect for NE.

But there's a chance that NE's offense isn't clicking. That Brady's shoulder is worse than we think and that Dumerville slams him to the ground again multiple times.

There's a chance the DEN gets the fluke turnover or lucky bounce and hangs around just long enough for Prater to hit a FG and beat NE the same way NE used to beat the one-dimensional, offensive juggernauts.

Broncos should lose approximately 17-30 (according to Vegas)which I think makes them about a 9-1 dog. The key to the game is going to be turnovers (as it is in almost every game). If the Broncos didn't give up 17 points on turnovers the last game vs NE would have been much closer. My head tells me that NE is going to win 27-20 but my homerism forces me to predict a 24-20 Broncos win!

Yes the Pats are an offensive juggernaut, but they were last year too....

Believe me I want to say they blow Denver out of the water but I just don't think its going to be that easy.

Broncos should lose approximately 17-30 (according to Vegas)which I think makes them about a 9-1 dog. The key to the game is going to be turnovers (as it is in almost every game). If the Broncos didn't give up 17 points on turnovers the last game vs NE would have been much closer. My head tells me that NE is going to win 27-20 but my homerism forces me to predict a 24-20 Broncos win!

They gave up 13. 3+7+3=13. Patriots also had 3 80 yard+ drives in that game. They pretty much did what they wanted offensively, with very little challenge by the Denver D (Denvers best defensive series were after 2 of those turnovers, holding the Pats to FGs). Pats D plays bend don't break. Even though they are last in total yardage given up, they are top 15 in points allowed and even higher in takeaways. If the Pats offense is on, and they put up 24-28 in the first half, game over.

I do give credit to Denver for last week. I was blasting them that they had no business being in the playoffs, I guess they do. Party is over now though.

Believe me....I would LOVE to see the Broncs pull off the upset, and will be rooting for them. However, aside from Direct Divine Intervention (seriously), Pats win this one at home easily.....similarly to their last meeting.

Offensive Fact Check:

Belichick > Fox

Brady > Tebow

Welker > Thomas

Grok/Hernandez > Fells

Law Firm/Ridley = McGahee/Ball

Gotskowski = Prater (maybe)

Advantage NE

The Patriots have to prove that they can win a playoff game again. It hasn't happened since 07. Horrific SB loss to the Giants and two one and dones since then. So no, I don't think Denver will beat New England, but it is certainly not an outlandish thought.

I laugh every time I see people talk about how teams "figured things out" and shut down Denver/Tebow over the last three weeks of the season. Buffalo did. KC did, though I think much of that was his hesitation after everything going wrong the week before. Happens to young QB.

Denver had their way with the New England defense. The Broncos ran for over 250 yds (Tebow around 95 of them), and he threw for just under 200. They scored 23, which is better than their season average.

The Patriots offense exploited the Denver D. From about beginning of the second quarter until roughly 5:00 into the second half, Denver had 7 offensive snaps. They fumbled two of them away (one by Tebow). That's just about 20:00 of game time where the Pats kept the Broncos offense off the field.

It was a great game plan and execution. Exactly what Denver hoped to do to NE. But it had zip to do with anything the Pats D did. They don't have the personnel to matchup with Denver like the Jets or Bears did, just as Pittsburgh didn't ( which was exacerbated by the injuries in game).

I agree with quite a bit here. Denver was up early, actually big early. The bottom fell out with the rapid fire turnovers. It didn't feel like NE deserved to win that game by more than 3-5 points. Should be an interesting game in NE. As will many playoff games this year, since it seems that the teams with the best records can't play a lick of defense.