Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Roddy White

I see him being undervalued in real drafts....I think he played better when Julio was in at end of regular season.

See him as undervalued hope to get him in my draft tonight.

If everyone is on Ryan bandwagon but devalue Roddy

Doesn't add up

He went 1.10 in my draft this past thursday. I was shocked.

He went 1.12 in my league. Everyone fell out of their chairs laughing.

See him as undervalued hope to get him in my draft tonight.

He went at 2.09 in my 10 team non ppr redraft today. Forget where he went in my other drafts.

I just grabbed him at 3.08 in my 10 team redraft and I'm very happy.

was it antsports by chance?

I took him at 2.4. Over Julio I might add. Consistency is worth a ton in ff, let me know when roddy gets old, slows down, is not on a high octane pass offense or doesnt rank Among league leaders in targets.

I agree with the consistency bit. I took him over Julio before the preseason hype train really got started. Kinda regretting it now since its not PPR and in preseason he looked to be more like used in more like a possession receiver role than usual, but even if Julio lights it up I still gotta think he'll end up with 1100+ 10 TDs since he may get the 2nd CB each week.

I took him at 2.4. Over Julio I might add. Consistency is worth a ton in ff, let me know when roddy gets old, slows down, is not on a high octane pass offense or doesnt rank Among league leaders in targets.

People are acting like he lost a step or something. And he is still in his prime. Imagine when they start doubling julio after he gets behind the defense....it will be Roddy all day

People are acting like he lost a step or something. And he is still in his prime. Imagine when they start doubling julio after he gets behind the defense....it will be Roddy all day

Exactly, I really don get it. Rarely do I see a stud devalued because another guy on his team is also a stud. Last year I drafted roddy and PRAYED for Julio to light it up an take coverage away. This year I'm all in and got roddy and Ryan.

I was excited to grab him in the 3rd round of a 12 teamer. 8 WRs were off the board before him! Megatron, Fitz, Julio, Cruz, AJ Green, A Johnson, Nicks, & Welker. Jennings and Marshall went next after White, allowing me to get Harvin on the comeback in the 4th. Locked down at the WR position. I think White was a steal there.

Got him with the 4th pick in the 3rd round of a 12 team league. I like the lack of hype since everyone is going after Julio.

You guys are so lucky to have gotten such great value! I guess my 2nd round pick of him was a reach?! He was borderline 1st rnd value last year and I really don't see how he lost much if any at all this year!

I don't know if this is an example of things "coming full circle", but with the hype building up beginning in August over Matt Ryan and JJ, Roddy became the forgotten man. He too dropped in my draft and there are very few surer hands in the NFL than his and as much as the talk about getting JJ more involved has circulated, Roddy is the epitome of consistent and reliable.

I won't be surprised if he ends up with nearly the same points as JJ in a PPR format but can be had 1 - 2 rounds later.

I took him at 2.3 yesterday as the 3rd WR off the board. No regrets!

I took him yesterday a 4.01 in a 12 team PPR league... Julio Jones went 2.07. when it was my turn to draft at the horn I actually went on line quickly ot make sure that he wasn't hurt our something. I a was completely shocked that Julio would go so early and that he would be around for me so late!

Also, I personally have a rule to never draft a WR earlier than round 5- the rule has worked for me over the years because I'm good at finding value late (drafted Jordy Nelson in round 12 last year) for WR, but I can't find the stud RBs late. I broke the rule this year, so hopefully it pays off!

I took him yesterday a 4.01 in a 12 team PPR league... Julio Jones went 2.07. when it was my turn to draft at the horn I actually went on line quickly ot make sure that he wasn't hurt our something. I a was completely shocked that Julio would go so early and that he would be around for me so late!

Also, I personally have a rule to never draft a WR earlier than round 5- the rule has worked for me over the years because I'm good at finding value late (drafted Jordy Nelson in round 12 last year) for WR, but I can't find the stud RBs late. I broke the rule this year, so hopefully it pays off!

Great value at 4.01 with Roddy, you had to draft him there. Which WRs values are you looking at in mid to late rds?

After reading this I was waiting patiently on him for my next pick 3.11 but he was chosen @ 3.7

:(

:ninja:

I had my choice. Julio or Roddy tonight at 2.10. I took Julio.

Next pick : Roddy.

Guy after me was pissed because he wanted Julio. But either way both were going to go back to back. Do I regret not taking Roddy after being so enamored with him thus far? Not necessarily. But I will now look back at this draft selection as one of the top make or break moments of my draft.

I find it fascinating to watch a second-year player leap-frogging one of the best in the game. Based on what, exactly? Good grief, people, this isn't Anquan Boldin walking into a situation bereft of wide receiving talent and filling the void. Even Randy Moss wasn't jumped immediately over Cris Carter, and you could argue that Carter was getting close to the end.

I'll take the safe, established really talented option over the new, relatively unproven really talented option EVERY day.

Big part of a championship squad for me in 2010. One of the steadiest, most reliable fantasy players I have ever owned. Last year he started off the year with injuries. When he got healthy, he was a stud!! I get the feeling that whoever laughed at the owner for taking him early in the second round will be get burned by him when they go head to head. Fantasy Gods!!!

Big part of a championship squad for me in 2010. One of the steadiest, most reliable fantasy players I have ever owned. Last year he started off the year with injuries. When he got healthy, he was a stud!! I get the feeling that whoever laughed at the owner for taking him early in the second round will be get burned by him when they go head to head. Fantasy Gods!!!

Yeah but wasnt the rookie an even bigger stud the second half? Or at least they were really close to each other.

Yeah but wasnt the rookie an even bigger stud the second half? Or at least they were really close to each other.

No. Roddy had a better second half than Julio. Stand by for the stats.

No. Roddy had a better second half than Julio. Stand by for the stats.

I wasnt sure and if i was at my comp i would have checked. I know jones had some monster games in there.

Roddy- Last 7 weeks, Recpt, Yds, TD

4, 62, 0

7, 147, 0

10, 120, 1

4, 51, 1

7, 84, 1

10, 135, 2

11, 127, 0

Jones

3, 131, 2

2, 7, 0

0, 0, 0

4, 68, 0

3, 104, 2

5, 85, 1

8, 128, 1

Roddy- Last 7 weeks, Recpt, Yds, TD

4, 62, 0

7, 147, 0

10, 120, 1

4, 51, 1

7, 84, 1

10, 135, 2

11, 127, 0

Jones

3, 131, 2

2, 7, 0

0, 0, 0

4, 68, 0

3, 104, 2

5, 85, 1

8, 128, 1

In that span i averaged both their stats. I took out the two games julio was hurt. Roddy averaged 7.5 catches per game, 103 yards, and 5 total td in 7 games. Julio averaged 4.6 catches per game, 103 yards, and 6 total td in 5 games. So yes whites stats were better overall but their averages were pretty close giving an edge to white in rec and an edge to julio in td.

In that span i averaged both their stats. I took out the two games julio was hurt. Roddy averaged 7.5 catches per game, 103 yards, and 5 total td in 7 games. Julio averaged 4.6 catches per game, 103 yards, and 6 total td in 5 games. So yes whites stats were better overall but their averages were pretty close giving an edge to white in rec and an edge to julio in td.

In determing "the better second half" one cannot take out Julio's injury games. All I'm saying is that Roddy White is poised for another big year and taking him ANYTIME in the second round or even 1.12 is not crazy. I love them both.

In determing "the better second half" one cannot take out Julio's injury games. All I'm saying is that Roddy White is poised for another big year and taking him ANYTIME in the second round or even 1.12 is not crazy. I love them both.

Thank you for pointing that out. Even though I said White's stats were better overall... But it is more important to look at average per game IMO unless you are talking about a seriously injury prone player. As a rookie Julio scored only a few less points per game in ppr and a few more points in non ppr. As a rookie. That too is a very important aspect not to overlook. I agree that White is still elite and I would love to put him on my team, but if you are comparing the two side by side I think the ceiling for Julio is a bit higher with both having an equal floor.

I find it fascinating to watch a second-year player leap-frogging one of the best in the game. Based on what, exactly? Good grief, people, this isn't Anquan Boldin walking into a situation bereft of wide receiving talent and filling the void. Even Randy Moss wasn't jumped immediately over Cris Carter, and you could argue that Carter was getting close to the end.

I'll take the safe, established really talented option over the new, relatively unproven really talented option EVERY day.

How about Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in 2005....Fitz's second year? Both players put up huge stats. I think Julio and Roddy can both put up numbers this year. As much as I love Julio, the better pick between the two will be the guy getting drafted second as he presents more value. That's turned out to be Roddy.

You can't go wrong with either guy. Both are studs. I understand the apprehension with Julio as he doesn't have the longevity of Roddy, and so you pretty much know exactly what you're getting with White. But Julio, when healthy, has produced well. Don't forget, he was a rookie last year without much of a training camp. This offseason should have benefited him greatly. Plus everyone's talking the dude up. Everyone. FFers drafting Julio ahead of White are trying to get in on the next big thing....they're more willing to roll the dice early on.

Which guy you take is personal preference, but at the end of the day both will produce.

You really need to watch the final 10 weeks of Atlanta last year and the first 3 pre-season games.

Beyond the stats, Julio Jones is a real freak of nature. Not Megaton, but more like a quicker and faster Andre Johnson. The guy is an absolute beast (very physical) and a load for majority of the corners in this league.

Even Roddy himself are in awe with Julio and his abilities.

You really need to watch the final 10 weeks of Atlanta last year and the first 3 pre-season games.

Beyond the stats, Julio Jones is a real freak of nature. Not Megaton, but more like a quicker and faster Andre Johnson. The guy is an absolute beast (very physical) and a load for majority of the corners in this league.

Even Roddy himself are in awe with Julio and his abilities.

One of greatest games by a college WR I have ever witnessed (TV) was Julio's game versus Tennessee in 2010. Freak of Nature is not an understatement. Vols could not stop him. I'm buying the hype on this kid!!

Has anyone thought about drafting both of them? If they fall to the 2/3 turn, I might have that opportunity.

I'm assuming Roddy now gets the single coverage, I like the way that sounds as a White owner. :headbanger: