Sign in to follow this  
Tacks

A Foster

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

Arian Foster was limited with a knee injury in Thursday's practice.

Foster left early after developing soreness in his knee, but coach Gary Kubiak assured that he's "OK" and should be ready for Sunday's game versus the Dolphins. While it sounds like Foster is safe to plug in as a RB1, we recommend checking back Friday afternoon to ensure the soreness isn't of the lingering variety.

Source: John McClain on Twitter Sep 6 - 2:57 PM

Just something to keep an eye on.

(scrambles to see if ben tate is available on ww in any leagues)

Luckily for me I grabbed Tate in the later rounds of my draft. So if Foster is out then that would make me reap the benefits :overhead:

Grabbed Tate as well. I don't have Foster but couldn't let the Foster owner wait any longer. Got Tate in the 12th (10 team). Foster owner should have grabbed him much earlier.

I have them both in one league.. but while Ben Tate may be a talented backup, he's no Arian and it's at least a mild bummer to hear that he already has knee soreness.

I should probably have avoided any of this drama. I'd have a shiny Shady or Rice in the garage.. and a much better 3rd WR than I have now.

:unsure:

I have them both in one league.. but while Ben Tate may be a talented backup, he's no Arian and it's at least a mild bummer to hear that he already has knee soreness.

I should probably have avoided any of this drama. I'd have a shiny Shady or Rice in the garage.. and a much better 3rd WR than I have now.

:unsure:

Fock that. You made the right call. Whoever starts is almost a lock for top 5 in any given week.

Foster @ 1.02

Tate @ 7.02

He'll be fine and we will all be laughing at this thread 1800 yards later.

Fixed.

:thumbsdown:

Hopefully he practices in full Friday and we avoid the dreaded game-time decision crap. I just want a clear cut decision. Either start Foster or Tate.

This is making me very glad I drafted B.Tate in 8th or later in all of my leagues. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :banana:

Seriously. It's going to avoid a lot of stress for me this season.

A friend of mine who's sister's husband works in a deli next to the Houston practicing facility saw Foster limping out and into a car service.

Take it for what it's worth.

"limping" = Can't drive

Can't drive = bad news

:shocking:

That's just silly, Mr. Hindsight.

It's not really that silly, at worst it's only 3 spots lower than he goes. To say u like the next 2 best rbs is not a stretch. Not using hindsight, I think he's fine and not hurt right now too bad. To say Rodgers is safer is closer to fact than silly.

Grabbed Tate as well. I don't have Foster but couldn't let the Foster owner wait any longer. Got Tate in the 12th (10 team). Foster owner should have grabbed him much earlier.

I typically don't waste bench spots on handcuffs, but with Tate's talent (and Houston's front line) I was targeting him this year to cover off Foster (6th round keeper). I can't say when I would have drafted him, but someone else in the league snagged him at 5.02. Waaaaay earlier that I expected. Here's hoping his reach doesn't pay off. That, or I need to figure out a good trade to pull Tate over to my roster.

A friend of mine who's sister's husband works in a deli next to the Houston practicing facility saw Foster limping out and into a car service.

Take it for what it's worth.

"limping" = Can't drive

Can't drive = bad news

:shocking:

Well my cousin's friend's nephew has a girlfriend whose brother's buddy works for the car service that Foster uses. He said they drive him around everywhere and it's no big deal that they picked him up after practice.

Take it for what its worth though.

Maybe if he had a a steak once in a while...

I almost posted something about that, but I figured it would draw more sarcasm than serious consideration, but if you have any vegan friends, do you know any of them that appear fit and healthy with a ton of energy? I know I'm evaluating from a limited sample size of 4 or 5 people, but when I saw that earlier in the year I really did have serious concerns over his durability due to the diet.

I almost posted something about that, but I figured it would draw more sarcasm than serious consideration, but if you have any vegan friends, do you know any of them that appear fit and healthy with a ton of energy? I know I'm evaluating from a limited sample size of 4 or 5 people, but when I saw that earlier in the year I really did have serious concerns over his durability due to the diet.

I agree with this - though I think certain body types are ok with vegan diets.

I just don't think NFL players are one of them.

Took Tate in 7th round. Just felt he was a better value than some of the running backs left at that point. Not even a foster owner but viewed Tate the same as i viewed LJ back in the day with Priest.

Arian Foster (knee, questionable) missed Texans practice on Friday and will be a game-day decision Sunday against the Dolphins.

We're becoming more and more concerned with Foster's availability. Per beat writer John McClain, coach Gary Kubiak "said he's optimistic" about Foster's Week 1 status, but "didn't sound real encouraging." Foster came down with a sore knee at the end of Thursday's practice. The Texans were concerned enough to give him an MRI. While they insist the exam came back clean, Foster didn't take the field on Friday and looks questionable at best for Week 1. Ben Tate would be a 25-touch candidate if Foster were to be inactive. For what it's worth, Foster told reporters Friday he "expect(s) to play on Sunday." We'll see.

Related: Ben Tate

Source: John McClain on Twitter Sep 7 - 1:53 PM

Foster is a millionaire....I'm sure he can afford a nutritionist. Foster is a millionaire because some billionaire invested that money in him. Teams are so skittish about their players doing anything that might harm their bodies in the offseason.....forget about during the season. If the Texans really were concerned about the diet on their newest investment's performance, they'd have a little sit down with Arian and strongly urge him to reconsider. Maybe they did....dunno, haven't heard anything to that effect though.

I could see the argument if the guy appeared lethargic or ran out of juice week 3. But it's a knee injury. Not exactly the first RB to suffer one of those. :dunno:

As for this weekend, gotta figure Tate is the play. Players missing Friday practices after some goofy injury to their knee on Thursday usually aren't good bets to handle a full workload. Even if he does start, Houston should win this one pretty easily. No reason to push the injury.

Now this begins the who do I start questions for non foster but Tate owners.

Steven Jackson or Ben Tate? Humm.

I am tormenting the foster owner which is fun.

Foster is a millionaire....I'm sure he can afford a nutritionist. Foster is a millionaire because some billionaire invested that money in him. Teams are so skittish about their players doing anything that might harm their bodies in the offseason.....forget about during the season. If the Texans really were concerned about the diet on their newest investment's performance, they'd have a little sit down with Arian and strongly urge him to reconsider. Maybe they did....dunno, haven't heard anything to that effect though.

I could see the argument if the guy appeared lethargic or ran out of juice week 3. But it's a knee injury. Not exactly the first RB to suffer one of those. :dunno:

When I was watching one of their preseason games, the announcers were saying that Foster said this new diet has him feeling better and stronger then he's ever felt. I don't know. I know I sure as hell couldn't be happy without a nice juicy Cheeseburger or steak in my diet.

Un f'ing believable... Really, Arian?!?

Looks like I'll be glad that K. Smith REALLY fell in my draft. I'll start him as my RB2 (could also go with R. Jennings or W. McGahee).

Now this begins the who do I start questions for non foster but Tate owners.

Steven Jackson or Ben Tate? Humm.

I am tormenting the foster owner which is fun.

I wouldn't want Tate either, they'll both be part timers in this as long as AF is gametime decision, or plays 1st half, etc.

Better off going with another RB not on Texans.

Arian Foster (knee, questionable) missed Texans practice on Friday and will be a game-day decision Sunday against the Dolphins.

We're becoming more and more concerned with Foster's availability. Per beat writer John McClain, coach Gary Kubiak "said he's optimistic" about Foster's Week 1 status, but "didn't sound real encouraging." Foster came down with a sore knee at the end of Thursday's practice. The Texans were concerned enough to give him an MRI. While they insist the exam came back clean, Foster didn't take the field on Friday and looks questionable at best for Week 1. Ben Tate would be a 25-touch candidate if Foster were to be inactive. For what it's worth, Foster told reporters Friday he "expect(s) to play on Sunday." We'll see.

Related: Ben Tate

Source: John McClain on Twitter Sep 7 - 1:53 PM

Just hooked him for Tate for now.

Glad I have Ben and more glad my opponent has MJD & Beast Mode, but no R. Jennings & Turbin.

My opponent is a buddy, who got called away at the last second and wound up having to "autodraft" his picks. Still kind've ridiculous to not at least plan for Jennings with MJD in his queue. I'll take it though.

Sorry fellow Arian owners.. it's too early for this tedious stuff.

Terrible way to start with your #1 pick, but if Arian is even limited, Tate should do more than fine.

Anyone think the Texans will have much trouble beating the Fins?

Even if he plays it may not be much or for very long.

Anyone think the Texans will have much trouble beating the Fins?

Even if he plays it may not be much or for very long.

Most of us are hoping they scratch him completely.

:overhead:

with all this recent news about foster...

if you had both would it be smarter to start ben tate anyway? garbage time, plust the first sign of foster hurting they will probably shelf him

i have foster, tate, and marshawn lynch in one league... i'm thinking of rolling with both foster and tate.