Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Gay marriage

Personally, my opinion is I disagree with same sex marriage. My problem is people who are classifying me as a "hater" or "homophobe" because I do not agree with their position. Those for same sex marriage seem to take the position their opinion is the only, and correct version of the topic...end of discussion.

So I ask any of you who are in favor of same sex marriages, if it's about 2 people who are in love and should be able to express it, why can't a father marry his daughter? A mother marry her son? A father marry his son? Where does this stop? :dunno:

Incest and bestiality (just to get the jump on your next homophobic comparison) are totally different from ghey marriage.

Incest and bestiality (just to get the jump on your next homophobic comparison) are totally different from ghey marriage.

:thumbsup:

Bestiality is. Incest, not so much. Other than society still says incest is wrong, and has softened its stance on homosexuality.

As for the original post, personally, I think marriage should be between a man and woman. Politically, I've got no problem with legalizing ghey marriage, but don't believe that banning it is unconstitutional.

Animals and children can't consent. Incest has a potential victim at least: the possibility of a little drobeski. Also, what's to keep family members to marry right now? I'm assuming we've got laws against that. I also doubt many family members would be getting married if ghey marriage were universally legal. Was there a big uptick in incest and man-dog marriage in Massachusetts?

The government has NO FOCKING business what goes on in your bedroom or mine. If you choose to suck cack, go for it. Don't sit there in public and expect people to approve of your PDA if you are two dudes. Your church may not like it, but it's your choice to join a certain church. Benefits should be equal to any couple and so should the consequences of their 'divorce'.

Animals and children can't consent. Incest has a potential victim at least: the possibility of a little drobeski. Also, what's to keep family members to marry right now? I'm assuming we've got laws against that. I also doubt many family members would be getting married if ghey marriage were universally legal. Was there a big uptick in incest and man-dog marriage in Massachusetts?

Little Drobeski... LMAO

The government has NO FOCKING business what goes on in your bedroom or mine. If you choose to suck cack, go for it. Don't sit there in public and expect people to approve of your PDA if you are two dudes. Your church may not like it, but it's your choice to join a certain church. Benefits should be equal to any couple and so should the consequences of their 'divorce'.

+1

+1

Great, now I'm a bored libtard. :wall:

:D

At least you aren't for ghey marriage cuz you wear skinny jeans.

or are you? :bench:

Should a person with multiple personality disorders be able to marry himself? :dunno:

You jackoff don't you? :unsure:

It's not right to let the homos marry, and exclude the polygamists from marriage. I say both should be able to get married, and one is religious discrimination to boot(Mormons are polygamists, but can't practice it due to the law, so these days they say they aren't, even though the book of Mormon says their god tells them to multiply wives).

libtard and atheist. double whammy. :(

It's a slippery slope. If you're going to allow gay marriage, how can you outlaw sex with sheep (or dogs, in Burt's case)?

And how can you outlaw that Mormon dude (not Romney) from arranging marriages with his young cousins?

I mean, South Korea's age of consent is 12.

Ghey marriage? No.

Civil union to where the homos get the same financial benefits and downfalls from traditional marriage? Sure.

Hell, marriage is a religious thing. Until we take the word 'God' out of everything in our society, marriage should remain as such.

Bottom line is equal rights, not special rights.

Also...PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA :overhead:

As an alleged homo, I approve the above post

A bottle of alcohol recently proposed to me. Can I marry it? Can I name it? Can I have it sign a legal document? Can I get arrested for domestic abuse if I abuse it? Can I get an answer?

Ghey marriage? No.

Civil union to where the homos get the same financial benefits and downfalls from traditional marriage? Sure.

Hell, marriage is a religious thing. Until we take the word 'God' out of everything in our society, marriage should remain as such.

Actually, pretty solid.

A bottle of alcohol recently proposed to me. Can I marry it? Can I name it? Can I have it sign a legal document? Can I get arrested for domestic abuse if I abuse it? Can I get an answer?

We Geeks know that you abuse alcohol all the time :D

It's a slippery slope. If you're going to allow gay marriage, how can you outlaw sex with sheep (or dogs, in Burt's case)?

Marriage qualifiers:

1. Human

2. Legal age

3. Sound mind

Eliminating the different sex qualifier won't effect the remaining 3. It's not a "slippery slope."

We Geeks know that you abuse alcohol all the time :D

:mad: You of all people!!! Just answer the damn question legal eagle? :D

Actually, pretty solid.

does this mean that you'll finally 'sleep' with me? :wub:

Marriage qualifiers:

1. Human

2. Legal age

3. Sound mind

Eliminating the different sex qualifier won't effect the remaining 3. It's not a "slippery slope."

So you support polygamy and mother/son and father/daughter (if legal age)?

Why not?

Birf defects always make for good jokes

Incest is easy to fix by adding a fourth requirement: not related (well at least not directly related).

Polygamy is a tougher one though. I don't think it should be legal, but it's difficult to explain the principle that should make it illegal.

4. Not immediate relative

Why not? What if they don't plan to have kids? A ghey couple certainly won't give birf. :dunno:

does this mean that you'll finally 'sleep' with me? :wub:

You have to sweeten the pot by offering a shirt.

Then, yes :wub:

Why not? What if they don't plan to have kids? A ghey couple certainly won't give birf. :dunno:

A lot of people don't plan on getting pregnant, but accidentally do. Do we prohibit other people with heritable disorders (and increased risk of disease in their offspring) marry and procreate? Do we let older women have kids even though they have a higher risk of genetic defects in their children?

There really isn't a rational argument against marriage between adult, consenting relatives. Or polygamy. Arbitrarily I don't think the former should be legal, but have no problem with the latter (though LDS often choose their brides before age of consent, which is wrong).

The slippery slope argument is nonsense.

Ghey marriage? No.

Pretty sure the concept of marriage has been around before Christianity, and hasn't always been affiliated with religion period.

Married people have a whole legal framework that is designed to equitably dissolve a marriage, deal property/debt division, custody/support/visitation,etc. Spouses also have rights to make medical decisions if their spouse is unable to make them. To me, denying gay people the right to marry is s denial of equal protection under the law.

What happens in my bedroom stays in his bedroom. :angry:

:lol:

In the words of Governor Schwarzanegger (sp?): "I believe that ghey marriage should be between a man and a woman". :huh:

This "slippery slope" talk is utter nonsense and is just a red herring. Today, it is legal for two dudes to blow each other. They can buttfock each other if they want as well. Totally legal. If edjr gets caught having sex with a dog, then he is breaking the law. If drobeski decides he wants to bang his sister, then they are breaking the law (unless he is in NJ, I think).

Bottom line is that providing for a legal union between people of the same sex is not some huge line that we are jumping across. Afford them the same legal rights and problems (read: divorce) as any other legal union between man and woman. If the term "marriage" gives people a problem, call it a "civil union" and see how it goes. We get hung up on terms more than the meaning.

Incest is easy to fix by adding a fourth requirement: not related (well at least not directly related).

Polygamy is a tougher one though. I don't think it should be legal, but it's difficult to explain the principle that should make it illegal.

Well, if we're arbitrarily adding requirements, we could add a fifth one: different sex.

Actually I think the legal argument against polygamy is much easier. Jackaroot mentioned things like dissolution of assets, medical decisions, etc. that the current marital legal framework does not address for multiple people.

A lot of people don't plan on getting pregnant, but accidentally do. Do we prohibit other people with heritable disorders (and increased risk of disease in their offspring) marry and procreate? Do we let older women have kids even though they have a higher risk of genetic defects in their children?

There really isn't a rational argument against marriage between adult, consenting relatives. Or polygamy. Arbitrarily I don't think the former should be legal, but have no problem with the latter (though LDS often choose their brides before age of consent, which is wrong).

The slippery slope argument is nonsense.

I don't understand this post. You just did a bangup job of defending both, and then say the slippery slope is nonsense. :unsure:

In many places in this country, sodomy is illegal. Yet, now there is now a push to legalize something that promotes an illegal act. Weird.

Anyway, faggos need to stop pushing to become elevated class of people who get special rights like marriage that is different from everybody else. Everybody should be equal.

If gays keep pushing their unprovable theory that they are born with a different genetic makeup that normal people, we have no choice but to equate them with the other genetic misfits, the retards. So, what is the feeling with retards getting married and having kids. Is this legal, retards married and procreating? Or even more importantly, is it a good idea? And if they do prove it's genetic, by some unexpected breakthrough, we could abort faggo babies and eliminate the problem completely in 50 years or so.

And why is it that straight men get married and do the butt thing in jail? Born that way, or is it adapting to environment.

Why are almost all kid touchers also faggos? Why are almost all faggos also kid touchers. Makes you think.

Gentlemen, I rest my case.

In many places in this country, sodomy is illegal. Yet, now there is now a push to legalize something that promotes an illegal act. Weird.

Anyway, faggos need to stop pushing to become elevated class of people who get special rights like marriage that is different from everybody else. Everybody should be equal.

If gays keep pushing their unprovable theory that they are born with a different genetic makeup that normal people, we have no choice but to equate them with the other genetic misfits, the retards. So, what is the feeling with retards getting married and having kids. Is this legal, retards married and procreating? Or even more importantly, is it a good idea? And if they do prove it's genetic, by some unexpected breakthrough, we could abort faggo babies and eliminate the problem completely in 50 years or so.

And why is it that straight men get married and do the butt thing in jail? Born that way, or is it adapting to environment.

Why are almost all kid touchers also faggos? Why are almost all faggos also kid touchers. Makes you think.

Gentlemen, I rest my case.

Sodomy laws in the US were invalidated in 2003. Go buttfock to your heart's content.

It's like abortion. If you don't agree with it, don't have one. If you're against ghey marriage, don't be ghey and get married. It's that simple. The Republicans, the party of freedom and limited government, sure wants a lot of restriction and gov't involvement in these issues.

Sodomy laws in the US were invalidated in 2003. Go buttfock to your heart's content.

What? Even in the Deep South. No way. They aren't going to stand for that. Well, standing is probably the only option. Unless you have one of those inflatable doughnut thingies.