Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Just traded for Spiller

10 team non ppr Keeper. one keeper from any round, second keeper from the tenth round or later. Can have a player on your team a maximum 3 years total. Second year kept player moves up 1 round. Non ppr QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB WR/TE K LB, DL, DB. 4 pt passing TD, 6 pt all other, non ppr.

I gave RG3 (8th round), Peterson (2nd round), Decker (who gives a sh1t)

I got Spiller (9th round), Torrey Smith (5th round), Joe Flacco (who gives a sh1t)

I am not looking for any kind of rate my trade advice, just showing what it took to get him. And to those that are going to be d!cks

Fuk you :ninja:

who is your starting QB? Essentially, you traded RG3 and ADP for Spiller.. Sorry, I don't like it. Not when there is no guarantee that he won't split time with Fjax when he returns.

who is your starting QB? Essentially, you traded RG3 and ADP for Spiller.. Sorry, I don't like it. Not when there is no guarantee that he won't split time with Fjax when he returns.

Stafford

Meh. Im 0-2 and need a spark. Not going to start rg3 over stafford. Plus next year there is no way they pay a 32 year old rb to split carries with spiller.

This.

I hope it works out for you, and I assume you got a deal you like, so right on and all that.

But I don't think this really serves as a good indication of what it would take to get Spiller. I'd assume in most leagues with that kind of scoring and keeperology, you'd have to offer up Spiller AND something else pretty tasty to pry RG3 away.

What will be even funnier is when Fjax comes back and Spiller has to atleast share time :wave: Unless you already have Fjax. No way in hell would i even think about that trade unless had Fjax or got Fjax and then still iffy

i traded DMC + Smitty for Spiller + Maclin. 1pt PPR, keeper league. Spiller drafted in rd7. I gave up alot, you gave up much more. But, any given sunday right...

I don't hate it. From a starter perspective, you gave up AP for Spiller and maybe Torrey, who I'm still high on for the year. Looking at next year you are probably keeping Spiller vs. RG3.

This presumes you think Spiller is going to keep up this pace, which obviously you do. :cheers:

dont really understand people wanting to trade for spiller right now. he was an amazing value for those who drafted him but his future is still questionable, and his cost is through the roof right now....

dont really understand people wanting to trade for spiller right now. he was an amazing value for those who drafted him but his future is still questionable, and his cost is through the roof right now....

This. I don't think you got hosed as much as I don't see his future value living up to the cost. You weren't starting Bobby, so its a push. AP for Spiller in a keeper league who becomes an 8th round next year is great provided he keeps the RB1 status in 3 weeks when Freddy returns. IF.

Go big or go home eh?

Stafford

Maybe you could've traded Stafford straight up for Spiller?

That would leave you with RG3, ADP and Spiller. Personally, I would Keep RG3 over Stafford right now. Stafford will not come close to last year's production... and RG3 has a huge upside. Even if Stafford outscores RG3 at the end of the year, it won't be by much.

Wow FBN, you and I are on different ends of the Spiller trade spectrum. I undersold him for AJ Green, while you overpaid RG3 and AP for him. If only we were both trading with each other, we might've gotten an equitable deal haha.

I won't knock the trade, Spiller could still be the #1 RB this year. Just curious, what round was RG3 selected in? He could be just as valueable for keepers depending where he went.

no disrespect but you gave away 3 top tier players at each position..,Decker is going to improve each week as peyton

adjusts..,rg3 is rolling...,and peterson :shocking:

spiller heck of a running back t. smith droppable ..,flacco isn't that good

Torrey Smith is droppable? C'mon, man. Do you even watch football?

This. I don't think you got hosed as much as I don't see his future value living up to the cost. You weren't starting Bobby, so its a push. AP for Spiller in a keeper league who becomes an 8th round next year is great provided he keeps the RB1 status in 3 weeks when Freddy returns. IF.

Go big or go home eh?

Never take advice from anyone who start their posts with "This"!!!

Torrey Smith is droppable? C'mon, man. Do you even watch football?

your right was thinking of titus young

Never take advice from anyone who start their posts with "This"!!!

Did you read the post I was agreeing with or do you troll with such though provoking content all the time?

Did you read the post I was agreeing with or do you troll with such though provoking content all the time?

Always take advice from people who start their posts with "never."

Never take advice from people who start their posts with "always."

This hurts my head. :(

As long as you're happy with the trade that all that matters. There is nothing wrong with over paying to get the player you want. I do it all the time. 0-2 you wanted to shake it up and you did.

This hurts my head too...shouldn't it be swapped? Since you started your post with "always"...according to you we should never take your advice... :huh:

genius

As long as you're happy with the trade that all that matters. There is nothing wrong with over paying to get the player you want. I do it all the time. 0-2 you wanted to shake it up and you did.

Maybe you could've traded Stafford straight up for Spiller?

That would leave you with RG3, ADP and Spiller. Personally, I would Keep RG3 over Stafford right now. Stafford will not come close to last year's production... and RG3 has a huge upside. Even if Stafford outscores RG3 at the end of the year, it won't be by much.

now this is/was good advice. RGIII may outscore Stafford this year, and looks like he should outscore him every year from here on out.

I will not dispute the fact that i gave up a lot. Rg3 would have been a very good keeper fpr next year, but i always try to win this year. I still have faith in stafford to turn it around this year and would have a hard time starting rg3 over him. This is the last year i get to keep stafford so it wasnt about who to keep next year between the two.

My new roster

Stafford, flacco

Spiller, bradshaw, donald brown, hillis, leshoure, lamar miller

Harvin, welker, t smith, hankerson, ryan broyles

Graham

I still have faith in torrey smith, but i do not have a ton of faith in manning finding the arm strength he needs to keep decker consistently involved. Cj spiller is averaging over 10 yards per carry. Do you realize how insane that is? Now i dont put it past the bills splitting reps when jackson comes back, but it would be a horribly stupid move. And yes i do know its only two games but i dont remember a rb in recent memory averaging over 10 yards per carry over a 2 game span.

My team has a bunch of tough matchups this week so being 0-2 already really makes this a make or break week. As for the other owner he isnt the sharpest owner and i already had a lesser offer on the table that he turned down. So i upped the anti and explained why it was a good deal for both sides, especially since we are both 0-2. I still dont know if its enough with my rb2 in question and welker being a smaller part of the offense.

Plus i like to make big trades and gamble on them. I try to draft relatively safe but take risks trading. Bunch of people ripped me for having spiller as my rb1 in the first place.

Plus i like to make big trades and gamble on them.

I'm with you on that. It's tons of fun and very gratifying to broker a deal for a guy you covet and then have him produce for your team. I just wish more people weren't afraid of trading.

I'm with you on that. It's tons of fun and very gratifying to broker a deal for a guy you covet and then have him produce for your team. I just wish more people weren't afraid of trading.

Yeah i keep getting offers for julio and reggie bush with nothing significant coming back in return. I understand starting off with a low offer but when i keep shooting it down, its time to up the anti. Sure i like to come out as the absolute winner of every trade, but thats not possible most of the time unless youre only making one or two trades a year. I am alwyas wiling to offer fair value for a guy i really want.