Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks

Oohhh insults. Is Stu Scott a ref now?

I figure it's time to play this card.

Explain to us how the play went to review, and the review officials crew upstairs, who are not scabs, but

are the legit rule-monger review crew,

upheld the call.

Have at it

Because they can't overturn "possession" of the ball like that.

Only thing they could do was see if the ball hit the ground or tate was out.

ESPN and the ex ref (not just Stu Scott who had the rules correct...as did everyone else on ESPN)...they both explained this.

It was clearly a good catch.

The script called for Green Bay to win that game. That's what ESPN wanted, what the league wanted. Green Bay played dumb, didn't deserve the win, and failed to execute in the end. Boo freaking Hoo. Knock it down, and you don't have to answer questions today why you lost. Green Bay lost, legitimately.

Predictable that the Seahawks fans on here (read...idiots) feel this way...especially you.

You whined for years about bad calls in a SB that did not necessarily decide the game...and you applaud atrocious calls and missed calls that gave Seattle a win.

There was nothing legit about Seattle's win other than they dominated the first half.

ESPN and the ex ref (not just Stu Scott who had the rules correct...as did everyone else on ESPN)...they both explained this.

Correct.

You think that was bad. You should have tuned in for SuperBowl 40.

:rolleyes:

Nope...not even close.

yeah, bigger magnitude of this and all...but it was not one call that if they get it right...game is over like this.

The other difference...Packer fans won't whine about this for 15 years like you all will continue to do.

You think that was bad. You should have tuned in for SuperBowl 40.

:rolleyes:

Yea I love this phony outrage. No outage when Bill Leavy robbed Seattle, no outrage when Phil Luckett robbed Seattle, but now that it is the Packers getting hosed, the NFL needs to overturn the win. Gotta love it! LOL

Predictable that the Seahawks fans on here (read...idiots) feel this way...especially you.

You whined for years about bad calls in a SB that did not necessarily decide the game...and you applaud atrocious calls and missed calls that gave Seattle a win.

There was nothing legit about Seattle's win other than they dominated the first half.

Did GB score more than 14 points? No

Did GB have the ball with less than 2 minutes to go with a chance to run out the clock and did they run our the clock to secure the win? NO

Nope...not even close.

yeah, bigger magnitude of this and all...but it was not one call that if they get it right...game is over like this.

The other difference...Packer fans won't whine about this for 15 years like you all will continue to do.

Sho...look up 1998 Vinny Testaverde Phantom TD that knocked Seattle out of playoff hunt and pretty much helped re-instate instant replay.

Maybe this will help get the real officials back.

However, you shouldn't be surprised with some Seahawk fans reactions...we've had our share of participation in badly officiated games (now including this one) and usually are on the other end of the stick.

However, you shouldn't be surprised with some Seahawk fans reactions...we've had our share of participation in badly officiated games (now including this one) and usually are on the other end of the stick.

And some of our reactions are a bit subtle and tongue-in-cheek, but posters that have been around for 10+ years still can't pick up on that. Ay, Carumba.

And some of our reactions are a bit subtle and tongue-in-cheek, but posters that have been around for 10+ years still can't pick up on that. Ay, Carumba.

Pete Carroll's comment of "good call" was also tongue-in-cheek in the post-game interview but ESPN is running it on the ticker on Sportscenter this morning...taking it out of context, making him look like an arrogant douche (more so than he already is).

This was a sad way for a good game to be decided. (Other then some of the other bad calls)

I'm not sure how Hawk fans are justifying this? And bringing up that Pitts game is stupid. That's over and done with. Really need to move on from that. Bad refing is bad, regardless. I hate all of it no matter who it's for or against. No matter which sucky Ref's they have.

That was a pick and the Ref's blew it bad. It's a real shame we have to take a cheezy win. (haha, no pun meant) :)

It was a great hard fought battle throughout. I enjoyed the game, but feel bad for GB. You guy's got screwed.

This was a sad way for a good game to be decided. (Other then some of the other bad calls)

I'm not sure how Hawk fans are justifying this? And bringing up that Pitts game is stupid. That's over and done with. Really need to move on from that. Bad refing is bad, regardless. I hate all of it no matter who it's for or against. No matter which sucky Ref's they have.

That was a pick and the Ref's blew it bad. It's a real shame we have to take a cheezy win. (haha, no pun meant) :)

It was a great hard fought battle throughout. I enjoyed the game, but feel bad for GB. You guy's got screwed.

For the record, as a Hawks fan, I don't agree with the call...the refs effed up. Like I posted earlier in this thread, it's too bad folks aren't talking about our DEF, terrorizing Rodgers and holding the Pack to 12 points. All things Hawks fans can be excited about even with a "loss".

Instead, the poor officiating is the only thing being talked about...*sigh*

It was a great battle til then.

They screwed so much up of what was a great defensive game.

Seattle D dominated the first half.

Packer D controlled the 2nd half.

For the record, as a Hawks fan, I don't agree with the call...the refs effed up. Like I posted earlier in this thread, it's too bad folks aren't talking about our DEF, terrorizing Rodgers and holding the Pack to 12 points. All things Hawks fans can be excited about even with a "loss".

Instead, the poor officiating is the only thing being talked about...*sigh*

Agree! :)

Our Def looks amazing. They really did take it to GB and look like SB caliber Def. I'm definatley excited about that. ;)

Offense needs a ton of work still, but hopefully that improves and the opens up more.

It's crazy...for my friends and relatives who were at the game, that was probably the most exciting game they've witnessed/been a part of (MNF, Packers, Def and Victory).

For us at home, with the benefit of replay and commentary, it was probably one of the worst games to have witnessed.

I texted my buddy who was at the game that replay shows a GB int and he was like "really...what?!"

You are missing the point bad refing should never be accepted yet it has been year after year with no outrage. Now, that it is a team more popular than Seattle who gets hosed and all of a sudden the NFL has to act. The outrage is just a bit phony. How do I justify it? Easy. It was our turn to get the benefit of a shite call. We're 2-1.

We won. I don't care how at this point. We WON! YES!!! :pointstosky:

Aside from a couple Chuck Knox years. I've seen nothing but mediocrity at best from Seattle. Add that to go along with a massive east coast bias, where the pacific northwest doesn't even count to the majority of the NFL, or the sports world in general. Plus the bad luck and bad calls left and right we've recieved over the years.

And the 1 year when we finally put it all together and have that 1 special season. We get the opportunity to win the big one taken from us in such blatant fashion, and our 1 special year is turned into nothing but bad memories.

I apologize for nothing. We won period.

If the dumb@ss defender had knocked the ball down like he's supposed to, the game would've been over and G.B. wins. But he didn't, and we won.

YES YES YES!!!

We won. I don't care how at this point. We WON! YES!!! :pointstosky:

Aside from a couple Chuck Knox years. I've seen nothing but mediocrity at best from Seattle. Add that to go along with a massive east coast bias, where the pacific northwest doesn't even count to the majority of the NFL, or the sports world in general. Plus the bad luck and calls left and right we've recieved over the years.

And the 1 year when we finally put it all together and have that 1 special season. We get the opportunity to win the big one taken from us in such blatant fashion, and our 1 special year is turned into nothing but bad memories.

I apologize for nothing. We won period.

If the dumb@ss defender had knocked the ball down like he's supposed to, the game would've been over and G.B. wins. But he didn't, and we won.

YES YES YES!!!

:pointstosky:

I've no love for the Packers - but wow that was incredibly awful. Let's table the interception call for a second, clearly it was GB's ball, but whatever - how in the fock did the back judge miss the offensive pass interference call??? I"ll tell you how, he missed the call bcoz his dumbass was watching the ball in the air instead of the players on the field - it is the only explanation, at least the only one outside of him being on the take.

Rog your sport is a joke, and you're a joke. Of course you're getting paid millions so I don't think you really give a shiat - shame. :thumbsdown:

I've no love for the Packers - but wow that was incredibly awful. Let's table the interception call for a second, clearly it was GB's ball, but whatever - how in the fock did the back judge miss the offensive pass interference call??? I"ll tell you how, he missed the call bcoz his dumbass was watching the ball in the air instead of the players on the field - it is the only explanation, at least the only one outside of him being on the take.

Rog your sport is a joke, and you're a joke. Of course you're getting paid millions so I don't think you really give a shiat - shame. :thumbsdown:

When is the last time you saw a pass interference called on a Hail Mary pass? It just doesn't happen. The refs swallow their whistles.

When is the last time you saw a pass interference called on a Hail Mary pass? It just doesn't happen. The refs swallow their whistles.

Good point. Then again, I've never seen a defender bulldozed and assaulted in a HM like the GB defender was - that was beyond ridiculous.

When is the last time it was as blatant as that?

That it has not been called before by officials does not mean it should not be or was not there.

That...and when was the last time you saw a player never have possession of the football yet get credited for a TD reception?

You are missing the point bad refing should never be accepted yet it has been year after year with no outrage. Now, that it is a team more popular than Seattle who gets hosed and all of a sudden the NFL has to act. The outrage is just a bit phony. How do I justify it? Easy. It was our turn to get the benefit of a shite call. We're 2-1.

Bad calls do happen all the time! Agreed. And No, it's not just Seattle that gets them or more often then anybody else. That's just a homer way of looking at it. Good teams overcome the bad calls. We have just never been able to over come it so everybody wants to blame the refs for us losing in the past. It IS a shame there are always so many bad calls. And yes, the old ref's were bad too.

But, losers blame refs - Winners over come it and win anyway.

Granted GB should have not put themselves in this position (To over come it) However, this bad call actually did decide the game.

Final play. That's a shame.

But whatever, it's done deal now. We are 2-1. We got a big time lucky call.

Can we talk about how horrendous the Seattle offense is? This Wilson midget is a joke, he looks lost out there and the OC has no faith in his arm at all. It's hard to imagine seattle won't at least be 2-1 with Flynn... Possibly 3-0 with some offense and no controversy. This is Seneca Wallace all over again

This is too bad. Before the game, I was hoping/wishing/thinking that our Hawks wouldn't be part of a controversial game with America's darlings-the Packers due to the refs.

Well I'll be damned...

Unfortunately, no one will talk about our DEF, the terrorizing of Rodgers, holding the Pack to 12 points etc...the stuff Hawks fans are excited about and can still find comfort in even if we "lost" the game.

As Hawks fans can tell ya, we are normally on the other sides of these calls and I'm glad this wasn't a playoff game.

I was really impressed with the Seattle D - but I was before (I drafted them in all my leagues). This was just about a series of rotten calls that Green Bay clearly got the worst of.

A good friend of mine just returned from Seattle - she attended the game with friends who have season tickets. They didn't show this on the big screen while it was being 'reviewed' (it was a possession play; I didn't think they were reviewable?!?) - so the fans were simply cheering for a favorable outcome. Later, though, then fans were leaving the other TVs in the halls were on, and the fans were just aghast that the play was called a TD.

Bad calls do happen all the time! Agreed. And No, it's not just Seattle that gets them or more often then anybody else. That's just a homer way of looking at it. Good teams overcome the bad calls. We have just never been able to over come it so everybody wants to blame the refs for us losing in the past. It IS a shame there are always so many bad calls. And yes, the old ref's were bad too.

But, losers blame refs - Winners over come it and win anyway.

Granted GB should have not put themselves in this position (To over come it) However, this bad call actually did decide the game.

Final play. That's a shame.

But whatever, it's done deal now. We are 2-1. We got a big time lucky call.

You got four drive-sustaining calls in that last series. You got the BS 'roughing' call on Walden. You got the phantom pass-interference call against Shields, which really should have been against Rice, and then you got the granddaddy of non-calls (missing PI against Tate) and then the subsequent non-TD call.

Good teams overcome bad calls - but not even a good team can overcome an entirely bad series of calls - particularly against another good team like Seattle.

You got four drive-sustaining calls in that last series. You got the BS 'roughing' call on Walden. You got the phantom pass-interference call against Shields, which really should have been against Rice, and then you got the granddaddy of non-calls (missing PI against Tate) and then the subsequent non-TD call.

Good teams overcome bad calls - but not even a good team can overcome an entirely bad series of calls - particularly against another good team like Seattle.

Dont forget the non-call pass interference Charles Woodsen committed on Evan Moore on that drive too which would have given Seattle 1st down I think somewhere near 20 yrd line. Agreed all bad officiating...

Can we talk about how horrendous the Seattle offense is? This Wilson midget is a joke, he looks lost out there and the OC has no faith in his arm at all. It's hard to imagine seattle won't at least be 2-1 with Flynn... Possibly 3-0 with some offense and no controversy. This is Seneca Wallace all over again

Ah - GB made Cutler look a whole lot worse then Wilson looked, and he's got Marshal to throw too. That TD throw was sweet. His running helped on drives where Flynn would have been sacked.

The penalty's are also not helping Wilson much. The play calling is Vanilla and a joke, but so our are Wides. They can't shake defenders and get open whatsoever. Even Rice is more suited as a #2 wide who is facing the top cover corners.

Nobody is open, We are predictable, and 3rd and long. Wilson is doing a fine job for a rookie. He's not making mistakes!!!!

They need to open the offense up.

In Seattle its now legal to adopt a child by grabbing a pregnant woman’s belly from behind and falling to the ground. :doh:

Ah - GB made Cutler look a whole lot worse then Wilson looked, and he's got Marshal to throw too. That TD throw was sweet. His running helped on drives where Flynn would have been sacked.

The penalty's are also not helping Wilson much. The play calling is Vanilla and a joke, but so our are Wides. They can't shake defenders and get open whatsoever. Even Rice is more suited as a #2 wide who is facing the top cover corners.

Nobody is open, We are predictable, and 3rd and long. Wilson is doing a fine job for a rookie. He's not making mistakes!!!!

They need to open the offense up.

Russell Wilson nearly single-handedly carried the Badgers last year - but even serious Badger fans didn't envision him being the starting QB of Seattle. I'm amazed they went that direction, but I think he's playing really solidly, and isn't fazed by the pressure. Carroll has to open it up a bit.

I guess you forgot about the phantom PI call on Kam Chancellor during GBs TD drive. That by the way was on 3rd down and had the refs got that right the hawks would have forced GB to punt thus no TD. But just keep cherry picking the calls that support your argument. The Hawks won, GB lost. End of story.

I guess you forgot about the phantom PI call on Kam Chancellor during GBs TD drive. That by the way was on 3rd down and had the refs got that right the hawks would have forced GB to punt thus no TD. But just keep cherry picking the calls that support your argument. The Hawks won, GB lost. End of story.

I agree - that was a bad call too - though I don't remember when it took place, and I know other BS calls took place in the scoring drives of Seattle. Clearly though, Green Bay got the worst of the calls. It's okay to admit that. Some calls are more obnoxious than others, and I don't think the Chancellor call was that close (clearly not a PI), but it also wasn't nearly as egregious as what I saw during the last drive.

I agree - that was a bad call too - though I don't remember when it took place, and I know other BS calls took place in the scoring drives of Seattle. Clearly though, Green Bay got the worst of the calls. It's okay to admit that. Some calls are more obnoxious than others, and I don't think the Chancellor call was that close (clearly not a PI), but it also wasn't nearly as egregious as what I saw during the last drive.

The refs were bad both ways (unlike SB 40); GB had the ball with less than 2 minutes remaining and could have put the game away. They didn't. I am not apologizing for this win, and I don't care that GB got screwed. NFL fans had a chance to make a stand on incompetent refs after SB 40. They didn't. Instead Seahawks fans were told that the refs don't cost teams games. We were told the Hawks didn't make enough plays to overcome the refs. Therefore, that logic must hold true now. GB didn't make enough plays to overcome the refs.

Lets zoom out for a bigger picture look here. How awful has the Goodell Commish run been? Where are all the white knight, ESPN sports "journalists" telling it how it is and flat out saying Roger Goodell sucks and has sucked at almost everything he's done since 2006? From inconsistent player punishments, the handling of spygate, the handling of the whole Saints bounty fiasco, to a million other things I just can't think of right now. Even with the A team refs the game has grown increasingly unwatchable every single focking season.

Last night was a terrible game and no matter who won it was going to feel tainted. There were horrendous calls and non calls going both ways and it was inevitable that the game was going to end in controversy. I'm just glad that:

A. For once it finished in my team's favor. And it's week 3, no WAY this makes up for anything jackasses!!!! :rolleyes: :cry:

B. The Seattle Seahawks were front and center for one of Goodell's most embarrassing public black eyes.

But I have a great idea! A beautiful blend of viewer interactivity and just a swell outlet for our rage over NFL officiating. During next week's monday night game why don't we have the officials (whether it's the scabs or the "elite") wear shock collars!! after every flag or supsect ruling America can vote on if they felt the call was right. We can do it over Twitter. If America rules that it was a bad call we zap the entire focking crew!!

Now Gruden and Tirico seemed pretty opinionated last night, and I don't want to leave them out of the fun, so we'll let them determine the voltage based on how outraged they are over the call!!! Now this will probably mean that even when the "expert" referees come back we will still need to keep the B team guys around to sub in, juuust in case Mike and Jon are feeling extra salty.

It's a great idea! Great for the game AND America all in one!! :clap: :banana:

ESPN was totally wrong on that. Instantaneous possesion between the goal lines is not reviewable. Instantaneous possesion in the end zone is reviewable. ESPN focked up.

ESPN was totally wrong on that. Instantaneous possesion between the goal lines is not reviewable. Instantaneous possesion in the end zone is reviewable. ESPN focked up.

Yeah...but there are questions about that as well as it does not appear in any of the NFL rules to allow it...or distinguish between on the field or in the endzone...the NFL is stating it...but there is nothing out there supporting that at this point.

Kind of odd.

Makes it even worse...not only did the replacement refs get it wrong on the field...someone with the benefit of slow mo got it wrong in the replay booth.

How do I justify it? Easy. It was our turn to get the benefit of a shite call. We're 2-1.

I have no words. How can you support this kind of farce? Forget about your regional affiliations for 2 seconds, this just makes no sense as a FOOTBALL FAN.

Instantaneous possession? We watching a different game?

I saw one player catch a ball and then another one try and grab it too but failing.

I have no words. How can you support this kind of farce? Forget about your regional affiliations for 2 seconds, this just makes no sense as a FOOTBALL FAN.

New to FlaHawker?