Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks

Didn't anyone teach the secondary to knock the ball down (or away) during a hail-mary in the endzone?

THAT would have ended this controversy!

If you have a chance to directly knock the ball to the ground sure, but in my own amateur sports experience my team lost on a hail mary that was 'knocked down' right into the other teams hands. It was awful.

Personally if I have a chance at a pick I'm catching the ball.

That's not correct. It's about who establishes control first, and not only did MD Jennings secure the ball first, he also succeeded in putting his body between Tate and the ball, and he did that before they hit the ground. Your judgement is as good as these sh!tty refs.

Beyond even that, Tate fouled Sam Shields blatantly to even put himself in position to touch the ball.

So a catch is now a catch and possession is now possession before you hit the ground? interesting. I did not know about this new magic rule that

somehow usurps the actual process of the catch that every other reception is judged on. It's not your ball until you hit the ground in bounds and hold onto it.

Yep, I think the refs got it right. I mean they totally missed the interference, but that is a separate issue. I'm not a Seahawks fan either.

Uh huh. Nothing else to say to respond to massive stupid than to pat you on your head and move on.

Great tweet: Russell Wilson just because the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

::first:

So a catch is now a catch and possession is now possession before you hit the ground? interesting. I did not know about this new magic rule that

somehow usurps the actual process of the catch that every other reception is judged on. It's not your ball until you hit the ground in bounds and hold onto it.

It's about who demonstrates control first. This wasn't hard. Good luck debating pretty much the entire Tweetverse and anyone who knows a focking thing about NFL football.

N.F.L. Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1: Going to the ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.

ESPN, NFL network, etc, keep showing the rule about 'joint control' of the ball, and that Jennings had the initial control in the air. But that is meaningless because control of the

ball, whether it be for an INT or REC, doesn't mean anything until you hit the ground and hold onto the ball. These analysts are looking at Jennings in the air and deeming it an INT

when it's not at that time.

Tomorrow, we'll wake up to the standard apology from the NFL. Worst-case scenario, we'll get some "we're looking into the situation" comment and that "the officials are improving as a whole each week". Best-case scenario, they'll get back to the bargaining table sometime and come to an agreement in the next 2-4 weeks.

True. That was a bunch of turnstile plays there - their O line is not their strength.

But: McCarthy went unbalanced between run and pass far too early; Benson proved in the second half that he could run against Seattle. In addition, Rodgers caused at least 3 of those sacks himself.

Either way: that drive should never have happened. BS roughing call on Walden. BS PI on Shields. BS no OPI call on Tate; BS TD call by ref.

Rodgers is steaming right now...lol

That is a good Defense. I'm feeling pretty good about having both SEA and ARI D/STs in my FF leagues right now, that's for sure. lol

Yeah great defense when Browner nearly took G. Jennings head off and there was no flag. Every play was nearly f'd up. Crippled the packers offense because they could not get in rythm due to the refs not knowin what the f they were doing.

Uh huh. Nothing else to say to respond to massive stupid than to pat you on your head and move on.

Great tweet: Russell Wilson just because the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

::first:

Nah, Hasselbeck threw a game winning interception to Green Bay in the playoffs once I remember. Haha!

N.F.L. Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1: Going to the ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.

ESPN, NFL network, etc, keep showing the rule about 'joint control' of the ball, and that Jennings had the initial control in the air. But that is meaningless because control of the

ball, whether it be for an INT or REC, doesn't mean anything until you hit the ground and hold onto the ball. These analysts are looking at Jennings in the air and deeming it an INT

He had control when he hit the ground too. Someone having a hand touching the football < > "possession" or joint possession or anything else. :wave:

I actually thought Seattle played amazing D! 8 sacks in the first half? Are u kidding me? Too bad that. Will go untouched because of the refs. Bad call are part of the game. Ask any Seahawks fan about the Super Bowl. For all u posters who are going to say stop shining, gfy. Bad calls are bad calls no matter who makes them.

Peace

206!!!

He had control when he hit the ground too. Someone having a hand touching the football < > "possession" or joint possession or anything else. :wave:

gettnhuge is a cowboy fan from Ohio...so basically he jumped on the bandwagon and to boot, he's dumber than a sack of rocks, he came into this thread to troll ...no need to feed him.

gettnhuge is a cowboy fan from Ohio...so basically he jumped on the bandwagon and to boot, he's dumber than a sack of rocks, he came into this thread to troll ...no need to feed him.

You don't say? :lol:

:bench:

Tate's left hand got to the ball at the same time as Jenning's hands. He had his right hand on the ball before they hit the ground. It doesn't matter who caught it more. They both made the catch and the advantage goes to the WR.

It was a TD.

This is what I am thinking. I think Tate hit this bare minimum threshold for a catch. First hand on the ball simultaneously, 2nd hand on the ball before they go to the ground.

^

End thread. Lock it.

The argument thus far is yes it's taking longer for the replacement officials to get the calls, but at least they've been right.

Throw that out the window now. Not only was the call wrong, but it cost the Packers a game. Thank God this wasn't a playoff game. :thumbsdown:

^

End thread. Lock it.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

yeah...end thread when you don't print the 2nd half of the rule...jackass

Russell Wilson was the first QB in NFL history to throw a game winning Interception

Eh, technically no. Plenty of games have ended when the QB threw a pick 6 to the other team...

^

End thread. Lock it.

:wacko:

The rule that applies is the 'simultaneous catch' rule, and Stuart Scott quoted it several times - and a reading of that rule by anyone with more than a brainstem understands that MD Jennings caught that ball, and Tate was just playing D.

Eh, technically no. Plenty of games have ended when the QB threw a pick 6 to the other team...

c'mon man. The quote was funny line pointing out that a QB cannot throw an INT and win for his team. :rolleyes:

Fock. No wonder the NFL can collect such a bunch of boobs with no insight, reason or judgement. They're focking everywhere.

:wacko:

The rule that applies is the 'simultaneous catch' rule, and Stuart Scott quoted it several times - and a reading of that rule by anyone with more than a brainstem understands that MD Jennings caught that ball, and Tate was just playing D.

Oohhh insults. Is Stu Scott a ref now?

I figure it's time to play this card.

Explain to us how the play went to review, and the review officials crew upstairs, who are not scabs, but

are the legit rule-monger review crew,

upheld the call.

Have at it

c'mon man. The quote was funny line pointing out that a QB cannot throw an INT and win for his team. :rolleyes:

Fock. No wonder the NFL can collect such a bunch of boobs with no insight, reason or judgement. They're focking everywhere.

thank you

Oohhh insults. Is Stu Scott a ref now?

He read the rule. I can fax you a crayon drawing if you'd like. Rule 8, Section 1, article 3 - IIRC.

I figure it's time to play this card.

Explain to us how the play went to review, and the review officials crew upstairs, who are not scabs, but

are the legit rule-monger review crew,

upheld the call.

Have at it

They're stupid. They got the call wrong. It's obvious. They were clearly off their game with the stupid distraction of these incompetent refs.

Has anyone noted that the ref that missed the offensive pass interference is the same one who called it a TD?

I thought that was obvious. It was the idiot with the sunglasses on and his arms straight up in the air.

Don't you get two points if you block a team's extra point and run it back? Why didn't the Packers try for the block?

Nervermind just saw that it's dead in the NFL and 2 points in college.

It was clearly a good catch.

The script called for Green Bay to win that game. That's what ESPN wanted, what the league wanted. Green Bay played dumb, didn't deserve the win, and failed to execute in the end. Boo freaking Hoo. Knock it down, and you don't have to answer questions today why you lost. Green Bay lost, legitimately.

It was clearly a good catch.

The script called for Green Bay to win that game. That's what ESPN wanted, what the league wanted. Green Bay played dumb, didn't deserve the win, and failed to execute in the end. Boo freaking Hoo. Knock it down, and you don't have to answer questions today why you lost. Green Bay lost, legitimately.

CLEARLY a good catch? That's pushing it a bit, eh? At least Seabag fans know that the team can win as long as the game is bizarre with lots of weird calls including a blown call on a Hail Mary. It's a formula for success, I tell ya. Right. By week ten, Seattle will be completely irrelevant just like they always are. Later.

The NFL needs to overturn this outcome. This is the worst robbery of a game I have ever seen.

You think that was bad. You should have tuned in for SuperBowl 40.

:rolleyes:

You think that was bad. You should have tuned in for SuperBowl 40.

:rolleyes:

This is too bad. Before the game, I was hoping/wishing/thinking that our Hawks wouldn't be part of a controversial game with America's darlings-the Packers due to the refs.

Well I'll be damned...

Unfortunately, no one will talk about our DEF, the terrorizing of Rodgers, holding the Pack to 12 points etc...the stuff Hawks fans are excited about and can still find comfort in even if we "lost" the game.

As Hawks fans can tell ya, we are normally on the other sides of these calls and I'm glad this wasn't a playoff game.

^

End thread. Lock it.

Except Jennings had control and possession and Tate never had any of those things.