• Doug Williams
    • Warren Moon
    • Josh Freeman
    • Kordell Stewert
    • Steve McNair
    • Daunte Culpepper
    • Randell Cunningham

Jim McMahon

Way too early for RG3 to be on the list. Moon wins it by a country mile, but I bet there will be people coming into this thread soon claiming Andrew Luck is better than them all already.

It's Warren Moon followed by Randall Cunningham. RGIII has the skills & mindset to get there one day, but he's only played 11 games so far in his young career.

I went with Randall Cunningham. The man was smooth like a gazelle, I used to love to watch him play..

Without a doubt to date.....Mr. Warren Moon

When all is said and done, as much as i dislike the Skins....RG3 has a great chance to climb to the top.

Did moon take his team to 4 NFC championship games?

Moon played 6 more seasons than Mcnabb. Comparing stats, id say Mcnabb is better. Add 6 yrs of avg stats or even below avg and Mcnabb would have him beat. Plus higher career rating. Controversial I know, but Mcnabb was a beast for a decade. Moon had the all time int record, was a product of decent play over a long time, mcnabb had great play for a shorter time.

Jam. Russell

This is not the "who makes the best purple drank" thread.

Actually it prob is.

I went with Randall Cunningham. The man was smooth like a gazelle, I used to love to watch him play..

I'm inclined to agree.

He had kind of an odd throwing motion where it seemed like the ball would just flip out of his hand, but then it took off as if he just fired an RPG.

I gotta go with Bill Clinton on this one. Arguably our best Black President ever, too :thumbsup:

Correct!

I will go against the grain and say, Andre Ware... If we are assessing college career only. OP did not specify professional career.

That aside, several problems with this thread...

including the spelling of a couple player's names and the fact that one still refers to who I am assuming are African-Americans, as colored people. OP sounds like my disgruntled great grandfather after about a half bottle of bourbon.

Rattling off the first ten or so black quarterbacks that you can think of does not make for a good poll... I call out DRUNK POST all day, and will regret for even participating.

I will go against the grain and say, Andre Ware... If we are assessing college career only. OP did not specify professional career.

That aside, several problems with this thread...

including the spelling of a couple player's names and the fact that one still refers to who I am assuming are African-Americans, as colored people. OP sounds like my disgruntled great grandfather after about a half bottle of bourbon.

Rattling off the first ten or so black quarterbacks that you can think of does not make for a good poll... I call out DRUNK POST all day, and will regret for even participating.

There are more problems with this post than the op thread. First off, this is an nfl fantasy forum, so yes it's specified that it doesn't include college. That's like going on a baseball forum thread titled "who is the best player?" and responding "tiger woods".

Second, this is not just a list of the first black qbs he could think of. I'm pretty sure a list of the best black qbs would include the listed qbs, he didn't leave off anyone.

anyone that says anything other than Moon is kidding themselves. He is everything every single black QB should be looking to as a role model.

I totally understand votes for Running Randall... his game play was unreal. He did some amazing things with the Eagles, but, I still gotta go with Moon. Using ONLY his NFL stats, he is still in the top 10 for career passing yards and career passing touchdowns.

NOt that it would ever count in a discussion on NFL QBs, but, also consider what he did in the CFL. Edmonton won five consecutive Grey cups with Moon, who also threw for more than 20,000 yards and 144 TDs in his CFL career.

anyone that says anything other than Moon is kidding themselves. He is everything every single black QB should be looking to as a role model.

I think Moon was a good role model for married black QB's, too.

Steve McNair...... Not so much.......

Jam. Russell

J Russell can throw a football 90 yards in the air.. From his knees

Cam Newton isn't a selection? Already writing him off without even 2 full years huh?

With only 10 poll options Newton did not make the top 10 at this time.

Why hasn't this turned into an argument yet?

Because Moon is the best and it's not even close.

There are more problems with this post than the op thread. First off, this is an nfl fantasy forum, so yes it's specified that it doesn't include college. That's like going on a baseball forum thread titled "who is the best player?" and responding "tiger woods".

Second, this is not just a list of the first black qbs he could think of. I'm pretty sure a list of the best black qbs would include the listed qbs, he didn't leave off anyone.

Poor analogy. To my knowledge, Tiger Woods does not play baseball, but thanks for playing. As for the list, it is preposterous. How does someone who has played 10 professional games be even mentioned with Moon or Cunningham?

Tanatastic, you either post under multiple names of have your junk hard for the OP, because there is no other conclusion as to why you would support this garbage.

:cheers:

J Russell can throw a football 90 yards in the air.. From his knees

Which is helpful, since 1) He can't stand up whilst on the purple drank and 2) SO OFTEN opposing defenders are on their bellies crawling toward him.

...The 2nd most sacked QB in the history of the league? :unsure:

:thanksGoddailyforDavidCarr:

and the fact that one still refers to who I am assuming are African-Americans, as colored people.

This quote brought to you by the NAACP hereinafter referred to as the NAAAAP. :banana: