Sign in to follow this  
murf74

NBC

The problem in this situation was there wasn't enough guns at the scene. The only way she lives that day is if she had a gun to protect herself from an nfl linebacker.

Dunno if you guys remember his classic halftime soliloqy after the Andrea Yates story came out.

All I know now is that I have to fill out all KINDS of paperwork in order to buy a bathtub... :unsure:

Countdown to Greenberg going completely OFF on the dead horse that is concussion syndrome (CES). He did the same thing with Jr. Seau. Then, when the news came out that Jr. didn't HAVE CES, ESPN completely ignored the story.

They'll probably completely ignore the story of Rick Moranis dying on the same day. He was WAY underrated in GhostBusters and absolutely MADE Spaceballs. - I Had absolutely no idea he was a great basketball coach too. Talk about your definite renaisance men. :(

Bad weekend to be sure... :unsure:

It was Rick Majerus (the Utah basketball coach) that died. But conservatives don't let facts get in the way of their beliefs ...

Wow, they are really biting today.

No kidding! :lol:

and to think, if concerts didnt exist, there wuld have been no chance she would have been home too late. wat a shame.

get on it costas.

Dunno if you guys remember his classic halftime soliloqy after the Andrea Yates story came out.

All I know now is that I have to fill out all KINDS of paperwork in order to buy a bathtub... :unsure:

Countdown to Greenberg going completely OFF on the dead horse that is concussion syndrome (CES). He did the same thing with Jr. Seau. Then, when the news came out that Jr. didn't HAVE CES, ESPN completely ignored the story.

They'll probably completely ignore the story of Rick Moranis dying on the same day. He was WAY underrated in GhostBusters and absolutely MADE Spaceballs. - I Had absolutely no idea he was a great basketball coach too. Talk about your definite renaisance men. :(

Bad weekend to be sure... :unsure:

Honey I blew up my heart.

Bob Costas will be waxing poetically next week at halftime about the death of Rick Majerus and the dangers of eating too many hamburgers.

I'll be front and center with a handful of granola.

You folks are missing the obvious. Belcher shot his wh0re slut who was about to drown his kid Andrea Yates style in the tub. Knowing he could not get a fair trial from anti-gun fagguts, he had to think about the future of his kid and took himself out of the equation.

We should all bow our heads in a moment of silence for all the domestic abuse women cause. -_-

It's Rick Majerus.....

:lol: I couldn't figure out where it was stated that Rick Moranis died. No disrespect, but Majerus could hide Moranis in his pocket.

Wut

You mean I need to proof my posts, you elitist arse.

Too many of my FB friends are outraged by the threat a business my restructure its employees so as not to provide health care.

Problem is, this it has been known before the legislation was based this would likely happen.

anyways, its another way to illustrate how some over simplify the root to a problem to the wrong thing. It isn't the gun, its the person.

Bob you dumb arse, you portrait yourself as having reason. Where does it go?

People kill people.

OMG! You want to ban PEOPLE? :shocking: How'd that work out for a certain Mister HITLER? :mad:

I have no horse in this race, have long believed mankind will wipe itself out through whatever means necessary, so moot point arguing about guns and what not, but here's te thing about guns...that make it very easy to inflict violence...

In this scenario, it would have been a thousand times harder for him to strangle this girl and then stab himself to death for example. Pulling a trigger makes all of that so much easier...

And before you ignorant fools start up with some nonsense, do some research and educate yourself. Guns don't kill people I know, but they make it a lot easier for people to kill people...

I have no horse in this race, have long believed mankind will wipe itself out through whatever means necessary, so moot point arguing about guns and what not, but here's te thing about guns...that make it very easy to inflict violence...

In this scenario, it would have been a thousand times harder for him to strangle this girl and then stab himself to death for example. Pulling a trigger makes all of that so much easier...

And before you ignorant fools start up with some nonsense, do some research and educate yourself. Guns don't kill people I know, but they make it a lot easier for people to kill people...

This is the most sensible post from this entire thread.

Guns don't kill people I know, but they make it a lot easier for people to kill people...

That's the part I don't get. Gun zealots won't even acknowledge this fact, that guns (specifically handguns) make killing people much more efficient than clubbing / strangulation / whatever. That *doesn't* means these weapons should be banned, but at least admit that a society without handguns would have fewer murders.

BTW, IMHO any restrictions to gun ownership should be done the correct way - by amending the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. I think it is chicken**** how so many gun restrictions are already in place in total disregard for the 2nd Amendment.

That's the part I don't get. Gun zealots won't even acknowledge this fact, that guns (specifically handguns) make killing people much more efficient than clubbing / strangulation / whatever. That *doesn't* means these weapons should be banned, but at least admit that a society without handguns would have fewer murders.

BTW, IMHO any restrictions to gun ownership should be done the correct way - by amending the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. I think it is chicken**** how so many gun restrictions are already in place in total disregard for the 2nd Amendment.

Because gun nuts are fairly brainwashed people, and the same 3 arguments are repeated over and over. Guns don't kill people, why don't you outlaw knives, i need a gun I protect me from fillinthenlank, etcetcetc. As if everything is that black and white. It's a useless argument if you're dealing with simpletons that have a very rigid outlook on life and need everything black and white, unable to comprehend the subtle shades of grey.

Because gun nuts are fairly brainwashed people, and the same 3 arguments are repeated over and over. Guns don't kill people, why don't you outlaw knives, i need a gun I protect me from fillinthenlank, etcetcetc. As if everything is that black and white. It's a useless argument if you're dealing with simpletons that have a very rigid outlook on life and need everything black and white, unable to comprehend the subtle shades of grey.

yep, no horse in this race for u at all. :rolleyes:

wat shade of gray is ur portrayal of these 'gun nuts'? black or white?

You are an idiot.

Democrats: Rewriting the Constitution since 1912

Democrats: Rewriting the Constitution since 1912

Or in the last 4 years, ignoring it.

BTW, IMHO any restrictions to gun ownership should be done the correct way - by amending the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.

People would first have to get past "The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed." Uh huh.

And in typical liberal elitist fashion, Costass excuse for his stupid commentary is that we are too STUPID to understand him.

And so I saw what Jason Whitlock had written and a portion of what he wrote resonated with me and given the time that I had, I thought that was on aspect that I could put out there and maybe, maybe I gave the audience too much credit, but I said if you're looking for perspective, a bit of it could be found

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/12/04/nbcs_bob_costas_says_anti-gun_commentary_was_a_mistake.html

Liberals are soooo much smarter than everyone else, we hick folk just don't have the ability to comprehend.

We have increasingly seen our media, and our society, quick to judge, quick to blame and quick to resolve issues.

Sometimes where issues do not exist. Sometimes where issues are not fully known. Sometimes where issues are not fully understood. Often wherein issues are only seen in terms of our view point of what is right and proper. Often without willingness to appreciate these pov may not be the only answer, option or more importantly the best solution (if one is even needed).

Many ways, we have too many laws that have originated more as political public relations than for the betterment of society (generalization I am not going to support).

In this instance, Costas will represent the know it all expert of everything that is quick with the simple yet grand solution.

Problem is, as in many cases, it isn't really addressing the underlying issue.

Civility.

Instead of looking at the ways we can develop and foster civility. The solution we are being told will solve this problem is removal of a tool used in a murder. Problem is, in this case as many, had that tool not been available, another would have been used. A highly trained athlete didn't need to have access to any other tools than their hands.

But more important, the issue here is a lack of tools necessary to foster civility. These tools may come in the form of communication, faith, respect, etc.

Bigger issue I have though, is I don't need to hear it from Costas. Please just remise about Baseball and leave everything else to others.

He said that if Jovan Belcher did not own a handgun, he almost certainly would be alive today, as would his girlfriend.

And he is right, which really pisses off a lot of people in this thread.

Right - because strangling her and then jumping off a bridge wouldnt have caused their deaths. Typical bedwetting liberal - blame the object not the person. :rolleyes:

Shades of gray? Like what? Guns are legal in this country and thats the way its gonna be. The same liberal, whiny arguments get made by the left too over and over - "If they didnt have a gun they couldnt kil anyone... blah blah blah.

Whats the point? And, pointing out that gun owners are simpletons is also rather generalized but yeah, maybe it IS simple: The 2nd amendment allows me to own guns and I do. I have them because target shooting is fun and if it comes down to it I want the capability to mow down anyone messing with me or my family. Period. Very black and white, you're right. :doublethumbsup:

hey tell us how this dude would have just gone into this school and strangled 30-50 people, guns had nothing to do with the carnage experienced by innocent children...

morons

hey tell us how this dude would have just gone into this school and strangled 30-50 people, guns had nothing to do with the carnage experienced by innocent children...

morons

homemade pipe bomb, schmuck

homemade pipe bomb, schmuck

indeed. Technically he could have walked in with a nuclear suitcase as well and blown up half of CT. I get your point though, guns don't kill people, people do. Got it...

Here's the deal...and I'm definitely a gun enthusiast (I own several guns including hand guns, hunting rifles and shot guns)

1) Gun enthusiasts need to acknowledge the fact that guns make it easier to kill. It's a fact. Pulling a trigger is far easier (both physically and emotionally) than gruesomely stabbing, beating, strangling or whatever other kind of ways there are to physically murder someone.

2) Anti Gun people need to acknowledge the fact that legislation on gun ownership that only affects law abiding citizens is not going to reduce the amount of murders committed by people with hand guns. It's not hard to get a gun illegally. It's really, really easy. If someone wants one to go shoot up a school, they will get one regardless of the legislation in place to restrict them having one.

Now, if both sides can acknowledge those two things, I think we can come together as a Country and find the proper solution to a problem we are all against...violence against each other. Gun restrictions like wait periods and background checks are good things. And those things go long way and should be as far as legislation goes. We need to really take a look at mental health issues in this country...properly diagnosing and treating kids early and getting them the help they need.

morons

BEIJING -- A man with a knife slashed 22 children and one adult outside an elementary school in Henan province Friday morning, China's worst such incident in more than a year.

The attack was reminiscent of a spate of knife attacks on schoolchildren that took place across China in 2010. In most cases, the attackers were unemployed middle-aged men, leading to speculation that the assaults stemmed from economic and social discontent.

Friday's attack occurred at about 7:40 a.m. as children were arriving outside the gate of Chenpeng Village’s Wanquan Elementary School. The suspect, Min Yingjun, 36, allegedly slashed an elderly woman as well as the children. Local propaganda officials said later that Min had a psychological illness.

Pictures uploaded to the Internet by bystanders show family members carrying young children with bandages on their heads. The local reports state that four seriously wounded children were transferred to other hospitals for intensive care.

The scene of the attack lies within the limits of Xinyang City, a mountainous and poor municipality 600 miles south of Beijing. The region is renowned for maojian, a bitter and aromatic green tea grown in the mountains. Xinyang is also known as one of the areas hardest hit by the famine that accompanied Communist Party agricultural policies in the 1950s and 1960s. More recent government policy has encouraged the adult population in rural Henan to migrate to cities to look for employment.

In another incident, a 25-year-old man was arrested Thursday night in Beijing after a series of incidents in which young women were slashed on the subway with a box cutter. The New China News Agency said the young man had recently been jilted by a girlfriend and wanted "revenge on society."

In 2010, nearly 20 children were killed and 50 wounded in a string of copycat incidents around central China. China has strict gun control laws, so knives are the weapon of choice in violent crimes.

Probably like this.

:dunno:

My link

You have made so many dumb posts in this thread I had a hard time picking one to quote. I chose this one because it captures the subtle irony of... you are the most polarized, myopic, black and white poster on this board. Every opinion you have on anything is presented with guns blazing (pardon the pun), with a smug attitude that says a person would be a blithering idiot to disagree with you. Anyone who has read at least a handful of your posts rolls their eyes instantly discounts about 90% of what you say. My guess is you are around 17 years old.

100,000 people are shot every year. 30,000 of them die. 75% of these shootings are done by a person legally registered with a gun.

Who needs criminals when your next door neighbor might shoot you or your kids by accident.

No other nation has this problem.

Today's shooting was done by a 20 year old who had mental issues. He got the guns from his mother. Why did the mother own these guns in one of the safest neighbors in America?

Today's shooting was done by a 20 year old who had mental issues. He got the guns from his mother. Why did the mother own these guns in one of the safest neighbors in America?

I live in San Luis Obispo, CA...I can assure you there are a ton of people here that own guns...and this is the "happiest place in the US". The bigger question is why would she own these weapons with a child that had emotional and possible mental health issues.