Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Your regular season champion

7 leagues.

6 first place teams are out of the playoffs.

Not sure if this is out of the ordinary. Anyone else seeing a trend like this?

Doesn't apply here. Two leagues. First place in both. Fantasy Bowl in both next week :cheers:

I did dodge a bullet in one semi-final today though. I over managed but got lucky as my opponent sucked even worse.

Right now looking like the #3 seed versus the #5 seed next week barring something wild on Monday night. That's a little deceiving though, as that #5 seed has been on an absolute tear and playing more like a #1 (high score in the league 4 weeks in a row).

First place team needs 4 points from Greene tomorrow to advance to finals.

Second place team is in finals.

I just beat our regular season champ from my #4 spot.

Highlights:

I have Brady (blew up Sunday Night)

I have Heath Miller (What a great replacement Miller has been for Gronk!)

All my RBs were hitting on all cylindars: Murray, Forte, Law Firm

My WRs were OK but not great: Steve Smith, D. Thomas (quiet day for him) - Smith coming strong here at the end!

Gostkowski - good contributor all year

Miami - tossed em in there for the matchup this week

Classic case of flame out for the regular season champs:

He got good games out of:

Matt Ryan

Adrian Peterson

Denver D/ST

His flame outs:

Ray Rice

David Wilson

Jimmy Graham

Reggie Wayne

So I go into the championship game with:

:cheers: :thumbsup: :overhead:

Tom Brady

Demaryius Thomas

Steve Smith

DeMarco Murray

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Heath Miller (or Gronk) - Miller has been a GREAT WW find!

Flex = Matt Forte

Stephen Gostkowski

San Fran (or Miami)

Other Bench:

T.Y Hilton

Cecil Shorts

Josh Gordon

Eli Manning

Almost happened. #2 got knocked out pretty easily in semis. I'm #1 and was down by 16 points with Kaepernick going and he had welker so I needed Kaep to outscore welker by 16. Pulled a miracle outta my ass but it seems like a lot of the top players were low in pts this week.

Fantasy Bowl: #1 (Me, highest points scored) vs #3 (but had the 2nd best record and 2nd highest points scored - same division as me though).

I was the regular season champ in my 10-team Dynasty and I'm in the SB (top 2 seeds). We don't have a regular season champ in my 14-team league but the 2 top seeds are OUT.

In my main money league, the top two scorers had the top two records and are meeting in the finals. Go figure. :dunno:

5 seed vs 6 seed in my super bowl. I'm the 6 seed, BUT I ran in to most team's best weeks, and was second in pts scored. Just knocked out the 1 seed this week. He beat me H2H twice before, but I had outscored him 11 of the 15 weeks.

5 seed vs 6 seed in my super bowl. I'm the 6 seed, BUT I ran in to most team's best weeks, and was second in pts scored. Just knocked out the 1 seed this week. He beat me H2H twice before, but I had outscored him 11 of the 15 weeks.

Similar boat, #5 vs #6 (me) for the whole thing. I also just took out the #1 seed, although scored about 3 pts less per game than him but had 30+ more scored against me the whole season. Rode Ryan/Julio/Knowshon Moreno into the championship this week!

Technically, the #1 seed is out, but seeds 1-4 were all tied at 9-4. First tie breaker is points for and he was ahead 1,671.58 to 1,625.50.

I was #2 and am in the finals against the #4 seed.

Won points for the year and was the second seed. Got knocked out by the third seed Sunday. The first seed is playing the third seed for the championship.

no obvious trends IMO, one vs two in a league, 4-6 in another..

Yea, I don't see a trend. Oh well. Worth a survey.

in the league i made the playoffs in, the number 1 seed is in the title game in all 3.

:wave:

u rang?

barely. that would have been hilarious if you lost by .3 instead of won by it :lol:

#2 vs #5 in ours. so 1st place and scoring title winner (#3 seed) is out.

the scoring title winner has never won our league in 11 years. the playoffs are a crapshoot. would love to switch to 16 week regular season winner but league prob wouldn't go for it.

barely. that would have been hilarious if you lost by .3 instead of won by it :lol:

hilarious? i dont think it wuld have been hilarious! :mad:

the scoring title winner has never won our league in 11 years. the playoffs are a crapshoot. would love to switch to 16 week regular season winner but league prob wouldn't go for it.

In 20 years of my league, I'd estimate that the regular season scoring champ has won the Fantasy Bowl about a quarter of the time. Definitely not a lot.

This year I led the league in points and under-shot my season average by 40 last week- worst week of the season. Adios to me. Most likely that our 5th highest scoring team is going to win it all. Just got hot at the right time after a pretty mediocre year. Yeah, luck is important.

3 leagues:

A. #1 vs #3 (me)

B. #1 vs #4 - I was #3, lost in 1st round.

C. #2 vs #6 - I didn't make it.

The only thing that matters is how strong you finish.

Not true at all in leagues who are wise enough to pay out toward overall scores on the year. Those are the best teams in your league. Not the championships going on this week.

I'm facing a team in our championship who went 5-8 h2h in the regular season. He's gotten by his past 2 matchups in the playoffs to get to the championship, but his team has not been good all year. The teams he faced the past 2 weeks have had down weeks so the guy is lucky to get a shot.

Championship: #4 (me) vs. #6

These two teams represent the the #2 (me) and #4 teams based on total points scored.

Not true at all in leagues who are wise enough to pay out toward overall scores on the year. Those are the best teams in your league. Not the championships going on this week.

I'm facing a team in our championship who went 5-8 h2h in the regular season. He's gotten by his past 2 matchups in the playoffs to get to the championship, but his team has not been good all year. The teams he faced the past 2 weeks have had down weeks so the guy is lucky to get a shot.

I think it comes down to league preference. If that's your belief, you should play in a league where it's not head to head, it's just overall points. I think that'd be fun to do another year, but I also think it's fun that you just don't know with head to head because anyone can blow up and at any time.