Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

What's the favorite part of your job?

At the end of the day I know I have truly made a positive difference in people's lives.

This.

No, wait... I don't do that. :doh:

Then it must be the focking around on the internets all day. Either that or all the free soda I can drink. :cheers:

Top 10 of all time for me. :thumbsup:

Will quite possibly go down with movies like Tombstone in the history of kick ass movies.

The below trailer doesn't do it justice.

I don't know who I would more like to punch in the face, the guy who decided Tom Cruise should play Jack Reacher, or the guy who decided Mark Wahlberg should play Bob Lee Swagger.

This.

No, wait... I don't do that. :doh:

Then it must be the focking around on the internets all day. Either that or all the free soda I can drink. :cheers:

:lol:

Laying people off is the suck.

Flexibility. I pretty much do whatever I want 5 days a week. I'm able to go to my kids school events, leave early to coach etc...I work alone, no office drama. Pretty nice deal

My last job had free cereal. I mean literally, the day you started, you just told the cute girl out front the cereal you liked best and they provided it - along with milk and whatnot.

Of course, that's gone now.

Everything turns to shiit.

There's a theory name for that.

And it's not 'chaos theory'.

But something like that.

I'd appreciate some input on what I'm thinking of.

Or, 'of which I'm thinking' if you don't want your prepositions dangling.

And, who would?

Things were so good when we had free cereal.

Now, life sucks.

I had such a great life.

And now, I have no cereal.

I'm probably having cold bad chinese for breakfast.

Or, toaster french toast sticks.

But regardless, it doesn't change the halcion days when we had free cereal.

Now, I'm just looking for a strong enough post with which to hang myself in this deserted townhome.

All for want of Cinamon Toast Crunch.

And free sodas.

Why do things have to change?

:mellow:

My last job had free cereal. I mean literally, the day you started, you just told the cute girl out front the cereal you liked best and they provided it - along with milk and whatnot.

But something like that.

And, who would?

Now, life sucks.

I had such a great life.

Now, I'm just looking for a strong enough post with which to hang myself in this deserted townhome.

And free sodas.

Entropy?

But something like that.

And, who would?

Now, life sucks.

I had such a great life.

And free sodas.

I think I'd rather have toaster French toast sticks than cereal

I don't know who I would more like to punch in the face, the guy who decided Tom Cruise should play Jack Reacher, or the guy who decided Mark Wahlberg should play Bob Lee Swagger.

I didn't read the book. Do you hate Marky Mark, or is he just wrong for the movie based on what you thought Swagger should be?

In general, I like him as an actor.

I didn't read the book. Do you hate Marky Mark, or is he just wrong for the movie based on what you thought Swagger should be?

+1

Sure, the whole semi retarded girly voice thing is a bit annoying, but he's a pretty underrated actor. Boogie Nights, Departed, The Fighter, Perfect Storm, Basketball Diaries, Invincible, Rock Star, Three Kings, The Other Guys, Italian Job, etc. etc. were all good/above average movies in their respective genre. I'd say Departed and Basketball Diaries are both in my personal top 20 all time.

+1

Sure, the whole semi retarded girly voice thing is a bit annoying, but he's a pretty underrated actor. Boogie Nights, Departed, The Fighter, Perfect Storm, Basketball Diaries, Invincible, Rock Star, Three Kings, The Other Guys, Italian Job, etc. etc. were all good/above average movies in their respective genre. I'd say Departed and Basketball Diaries are both in my personal top 20 all time.

Mark Wahlberg was in Basketball Diaries?

Entropy is the tendency for things to become more random/less organized over time. Is that what you meant?

That certainly describes wiffleball's posts over the past year. :dunno:

Mark Wahlberg was in Basketball Diaries?

Had to check on that as well. I don't remember him but he must have been one of Leo's buddies because he shows up on the credits.

No, I like Marky Mark okay, but book Bob Lee - 'Bob the Nailer' - was a grizzled older Vietnam vet modeled on real-life Vietnam sniper Carlos Hathcock(?). It was just a big departure from one of my favorite book characters. His daddy Earl Swagger is a bad-ass too and stars in a number of Hunter books. And Bob's half-brother, Lamar Pye, is the antagonist in "Dirty White Boys", one of the asskickinest books that ever kicked ass.

Definitely the guy who decided on Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher. Worst casting ever.............

No, I like Marky Mark okay, but book Bob Lee - 'Bob the Nailer' - was a grizzled older Vietnam vet modeled on real-life Vietnam sniper Carlos Hathcock(?). It was just a big departure from one of my favorite book characters. His daddy Earl Swagger is a bad-ass too and stars in a number of Hunter books. And Bob's half-brother, Lamar Pye, is the antagonist in "Dirty White Boys", one of the asskickinest books that ever kicked ass.

Yea..I kinda figured that's the angle you were going with. :thumbsup:

For me, it was Matt Damon trying to do Jason Bourne properly. It was good cinema, but Matt was way too young to be cast as Bourne imo.

Ludlum has always been one of my favorites.

Have you read "The Matarese Circle"?

If you have then you would prolly agree with me that it might be his best work. What's sad is the actors that they are allegedly casting for it.

MGM and Relativity Media picked up the rights to Ludlum's novel for $3 million in 2008.[2] Writers Michael Brandt and Derek Haas have been signed to write the script and Denzel Washington is attached to star as Scofield. Tom Cruise is currently in final negotiations to star as Taleniekov.[3]

Also, could you give me links to the books you are talking about?

Also, also, when the fock is hollywood gonna make some Mitch Rapp movies? (Vince Flynn) :mad:

Yea..I kinda figured that's the angle you were going with. :thumbsup:

For me, it was Matt Damon trying to do Jason Bourne properly. It was good cinema, but Matt was way too young to be cast as Bourne imo.

If you have then you would prolly agree with me that it might be his best work. What's sad is the actors that they are allegedly casting for it.

Also, could you give me links to the books you are talking about?

Also, also, when the fock is hollywood gonna make some Mitch Rapp movies? (Vince Flynn) :mad:

I think I'm okay with Damon the same way you were okay with Marky Mark in the role. I think I read one of the Bourne books a long time ago but I'm not even sure. Haven't read a lot of Ludlum, but I did read the Matarese Circle. I liked it but I couldn't really say where it ranks on his list.

I haven't read any Vince Flynn, but I have meant to. You ever read any Dave Robicheaux books by James Lee Burke? I haven't read the last few because he tends to kind of write the same story over and over, but he's maybe the best writer I've read in this action-guy sort of genre.

The book 'Shooter' was based in is called 'Point of Impact' by Stephen Hunter - http://www.amazon.com/Point-Impact-Bob-Swagger-ebook/dp/B000OI0FVW/ref=la_B000AQ79EO_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370555582&sr=1-1

My favorite Hunter book is 'Dirty White Boys' - http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-White-Boys-ebook/dp/B004G5ZU14/ref=pd_sim_kstore_5

I think I'm okay with Damon the same way you were okay with Marky Mark in the role. I think I read one of the Bourne books a long time ago but I'm not even sure. Haven't read a lot of Ludlum, but I did read the Matarese Circle. I liked it but I couldn't really say where it ranks on his list.

I haven't read any Vince Flynn, but I have meant to. You ever read any Dave Robicheaux books by James Lee Burke? I haven't read the last few because he tends to kind of write the same story over and over, but he's maybe the best writer I've read in this action-guy sort of genre.

The book 'Shooter' was based in is called 'Point of Impact' by Stephen Hunter - http://www.amazon.com/Point-Impact-Bob-Swagger-ebook/dp/B000OI0FVW/ref=la_B000AQ79EO_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370555582&sr=1-1

My favorite Hunter book is 'Dirty White Boys' - http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-White-Boys-ebook/dp/B004G5ZU14/ref=pd_sim_kstore_5

Thanx. :thumbsup:

1. SCUBA diving most mornings. I still look forward to it every night. I never know what I will find but i always find something.

2. Getting home before noon and having the rest of the day to myself. Lunch, nap in the pool and taking the dog for a walk.

3. Looking over my finds each day is fun as well.. as is the selling part.

I don't know who I would more like to punch in the face, the guy who decided Tom Cruise should play Jack Reacher,....

This one. The guy is supposed to be like 6'7 and al muscle. Cruise did not do a bad job and the rest of the movie was good but he was not right for the part. I have read all the Reacher novels and have waited for a film only to get Cruise.

1. SCUBA diving most mornings. I still look forward to it every night. I never know what I will find but i always find something.

2. Getting home before noon and having the rest of the day to myself. Lunch, nap in the pool and taking the dog for a walk.

3. Looking over my finds each day is fun as well.. as is the selling part.

What do I need to do to be as cool as you ??

SERIOUSLY :mad:

What do I need to do to be as cool as you ??

Buy his Megla toofs

It's a start :dunno:

Also, just ordered both. Dirty White Boys sounds like a kick ass book. It also sounds like he got some of his ideas for characters from this place... :banana:

After killing a black inmate, the brutal Lamar Pye breaks out of the Oklahoma State Penitentiary along with his retarded cousin, Odell, and a hapless artist-turned-felon named Richard. They embark on a desperate run across Oklahoma and Texas, pursued by state troopers. The escapees hide out with a convict groupie who has lived alone since murdering her parents as an adolescent. In a parody of domesticity, Lamar embraces these losers as the family he never knew. Unlettered Lamar is a natural leader, more intelligent by far than his pursuers, but his gang screws up every time at a terrible cost in bloodshed. Hunter's (Point of Impact, LJ 2/1/93) portrayal of Lamar is unromantic but sympathetic. Lamar is a loser who never had a chance; he uses his short period of freedom to get his own back and to indulge in the mindless violence that is the only thing that truly satisfies and delights him. This seriocomic chase thriller packs a punch. For most popular collections.

Also, just ordered both. Dirty White Boys sounds like a kick ass book. It also sounds like he got some of his ideas for characters from this place... :banana:

They are very different books even though they were written by the same guy and have some interconnected characters. I don't think you will be disappointed in either one. :thumbsup:

I pleasure my secretary during lunch breaks, and I rather enjoy it.

I didn't know you worked with MDC :thumbsup:

Agreed on both Damon as Bourne and The Matarese Circle as being Ludlum's best. One of the best books I ever read, which includes all of the Ludlum's while he was still writing them.

Buy his Megla toofs

It's a start :dunno:

It is a good start.