Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

God gave us the right to carry guns. LOL @ gun freaks

So, this latest loser to send ricin to Obummer and crew actually wrote that he has a "god given" right to carry guns.

Did I miss that somewhere in the bible? Pretty sure guns weren't even invented back in the time when God gave us the 'right' to own slaves, kill our children and stone women..

Xtians and Gun-nuts: And you wonder why so many think you're total focking loons.

• Like 1

Thing I don't get is I thought the gun control thing was pretty much dead. Shouldn't this loon habe done his thing a few months ago? :blink:

So, this latest loser to send ricin to Obummer and crew actually wrote that he has a "god given" right to carry guns.

Did I miss that somewhere in the bible? Pretty sure guns weren't even invented back in the time when God gave us the 'right' to own slaves, kill our children and stone women..

Xtians and Gun-nuts: And you wonder why so many think you're total focking loons.

Don't forget that he gave us the right to bang our brothers wife, if he dies.

Huh... I think the right to protect yourself is a God given right, too. I guess I'm a whackjob.....

Link?

I guess in your version of the bibble, Geegus would've gone all "Commando" on his way to Golgatha, huh?

Can't be any loonier that wanting to have cack in your mouth or ass and have a parade about it

Link?

I guess in your version of the bibble, Geegus would've gone all "Commando" on his way to Golgatha, huh?

A link for the right to protect oneself????

Huh... I think the right to protect yourself is a God given right, too. I guess I'm a whackjob.....

Any rights in the Bill of Rights should be considered God given rights.

Very little I read here makes me shake my head in dismay. This did.

God felt the need to give people the right to choose to follow other religions? :wacko:

Very little?

You probably don't hang out it here long enough.

You probably don't hang out it here long enough.

No, I've been around here a long time. After a while, there's not much that's surprising or elicits much of a reaction. Desensitized, I suppose.

But thanks for chiming in, Yoda.

thats just because you're the only one whose dont stink

If I'm not mistaken, the Founding Fathers said something along those lines in the Declaration Of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

These would be the same fellas that wrote the 2nd Amendment outlining our right to bear arms.

If I'm not mistaken, the Founding Fathers said something along those lines in the Declaration Of Independence:

These would be the same fellas that wrote the 2nd Amendment outlining our right to bear arms.

Two mutually exclusive documents, one written by Jefferson and intended solely to declare the Union as independent of British rule. Edited and approved by the Continental Congress in 1776.

The second, written over a decade later by a convention of all the states, was the outline as to how the new government would operate. The only reference to God or a deity in the Constitution is in the Signatory section, where it reads "...the year of our Lord". The second amendment wasn't added until a couple years later, in 1791.

So each had different authors and one makes no reference to God or rights given by a supreme being aside from the common terminology of the day to establish the date.

Let me know if you see any overlap of names on these two lists, Sport. :thumbsup:

Signers of the Declaration Of Independence:

New Hampshire:
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut:
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York:
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania:
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware:
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland:
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina:
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina:
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia:
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Signers of the U.S. Constitution:

1. Read, George, DE
  2. Bassett, Richard, DE
  3. Spaight, Richard Dobbs, NC
  4. Blount, William, NC
  5. Williamson, Hugh, NC
  6. Jenifer, Daniel of St. Thomas, MD

1. King, Rufus, MA
  2. Gorham, Nathaniel, MA
  3. Dayton, Jonathan, NJ
  4. Carroll, Daniel, MD
  5. Few, William, GA
  6. Baldwin, Abraham, GA
  7. Langdon, John, NH
  8. Gilman, Nicholas, NH
  9. Livingston, William, NJ
  10. Paterson, William, NJ
  11. Mifflin, Thomas, PA
  12. Clymer, George, PA
  13. FitzSimons, Thomas, PA
  14. Ingersoll, Jared, PA
  15. Bedford, Gunning, Jr., DE
  16. Brearley, David, NJ
  17. Dickinson, John, DE
  18. Blair, John, VA
  19. Broom, Jacob, DE
  20. Jackson, William, Secretary

Let me know if you see any overlap of names on these two lists, Sport. :thumbsup:

Any? Sure. But as the king of the semantics game when shown to be wrong, you know they're not, as you clearly stated. "the same guys".

And it doesn't change the fact that they're two different documents that exist for two different purposes. There's no transitive property that makes a reference in one a part of the other.

Any? Sure. But as the king of the semantics game when shown to be wrong, you know they're not, as you clearly stated. "the same guys".

And it doesn't change the fact that they're two different documents that exist for two different purposes. There's no transitive property that makes a reference in one a part of the other.

Most of the major players were involved in both.

Makes your claim the first was written by Jefferson kinda misleading, seeing as how there were so many involved in the process.

Most of the major players were involved in both.

Kinda makes your claim the first was written by Jefferson kinda misleading, seeing as how there were so many involved in the process.

And again, "most" is not "the same guys". More than kinda misleading.

That Jefferson wrote the initial draft of the Declaration and it was edited by others is an acknowledged fact. That's a common practice for authors to this day.

But that's incidental, as what you've done is sidestep the main issue and the point of the thread, which is that there is no link between "God" and the 2nd amendment to the Constitution.

If you discount what the Founding Fathers said, you are correct.

I discount any instance where a mortal man says he knows what everyone's relationship to an unseen deity is.

If there is a God, he/she/it is quite capable of speaking for him/her/it self.

I'm sure those people in North Korean jails probably wouldn't consider the Bill of Rights important.

I'm sure those people in North Korean jails probably wouldn't consider the Bill of Rights important.

I'm really tall, but you must have incredibly long arms to reach that far.

Clearly, to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension, my dismay in this instance has nothing to do with the Bill of Rights or the people in North Korean jails and everything to do with the wrong headed notion that God is mentioned in the Constitution.

I'm really tall, but you must have incredibly long arms to reach that far.

Clearly, to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension, my dismay in this instance has nothing to do with the Bill of Rights or the people in North Korean jails and everything to do with the wrong headed notion that God is mentioned in the Constitution.

True...the word God is never mentioned in the Constitution but that does not mean that people cannot believe that God is the reason they have unalienable rights.

Too funny. So according to some here, the world began with and was created by the Founding Fathers.

Or, more to the point: FF=God. :doh:

I think the point is that the preamble to our Constitution was the first to recognize individuals all had the right to life.

It goes without saying that they also then have the right to protect that life if someone were to threaten to take that from them.

It's not that much of stretch when pretty much every civilized country on the planet recognizes the right to defend yourself.

I think the point is that the preamble to our Constitution was the first to recognize individuals all had the right to life.

It goes without saying that they also then have the right to protect that life if someone were to threaten to take that from them.

It's not that much of stretch when pretty much every civilized country on the planet recognizes the right to defend yourself.

amen brother

It's a bit of a stretch when you think that God = the Founding Fathers and that God gave us the right to retain firearms - when the last time God spoke to us, the closest thing to a firearm was a burning bush.

It's really no different than saying that God gave us the right to communicate via free unlimited bandwidth without the fear of pop-ups and government monitoring.

God never once mentioned firearms. - Even if you consider the ENTIRE bible to be the literal word of God.

And please, let's remember that God can see "as far into the future as the west is from the east."

Which means, he knew about guns.

He also knew about raping children, but somehow that didn't make his list of top ten things not to do when he finally dained to show himself to mankind.

But that's a whole 'nother story. .

So, saying you have a God given right to carry and retain firearms is, well, just plain stupid.

And while I'm trying to be very open minded, this is one where you literally cannot intellectually support otherwise without looking like a total focking moron.

While the bible can be used to justify the worst possible acts of mankind, even the farthest reaching idiot cannot make a liturgical link to firearms.

But I'd be damn impressed if you could.

ETA: I fully support the right to own firearms. I just think you're an idiot if you think Jeebus overtly supports this idea in any supportable way. There's actually more liturgical proof that God supports slavery than gun ownership. Beat that with a stick.

Too funny. So according to some here, the world began with and was created by the Founding Fathers.

Or, more to the point: FF=God. :doh:

The point isn't that FF = God it's that their ideas to create a society where individual rights of white men were protected is God influenced.

What about the Magna Carta that was established over 500 years before ?

Those Damn founding fathers, it really pisses me off that they were influenced by their beliefs in God.

Why do you need a gun when you have god protecting you?

Those Damn founding fathers, it really pisses me off that they were influenced by their beliefs in God.

When you're influenced by something one of the first things you do is remove it?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

True...the word God is never mentioned in the Constitution but that does not mean that people cannot believe that God is the reason they have unalienable rights.

People are free to believe whatever they want. I can believe I'm ten feet tall and bulletproof if I choose to.

Just don't try to present it as fact when there is nothing to support it.

ETA after reading the late night posts: It's interesting that to some every word of the Bible and/or Constitution are to be taken literally, with no room for interpretation...until that doesn't work in their favor. Then they're all scholars who can tell you just what it's all supposed to mean... with the proper interpretation, of course.

Why do you need a gun when you have god protecting you?

God helps those that help themselves?

When you're influenced by something one of the first things you do is remove it?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

They included that to prevent the Govt from establishing a national religion all must adhere to. It gives the right to worship who you want, or none at all, without the Govt telling you what you have to do.

That is a far cry from "removing" religion. Very poor effort.

In Wiffle's world, that means you think the FF = God. :D