Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Most Seahawk fans want to cut Thurmond right now. They are nearly all in agreement that Thurmond focked up.

Me, just me, blame me for this line of thought. I don't trust the NFL as far as I can spit on them. They lie, they cheat, they lie, they don't give a sh!t about anything other than marketing and what's good for business. Because I question every decision they make to figure out their true motive doesn't make me a whiner.

That you question the NFL does not make you a whiner.

That you claim they have something out for the Seahawks because your boys keep failing drug tests makes you a whiner.

Look, Thurmond is in his contract year, making 600,000 a year as a mid round draft pick. He's healthy for the first time in his career. He's starting for the best secondary in football. A big payday is just months away. Bam. Suspension. Logically, you'd think this is the last possible thing he would do to jeopardize his career. I mean, it's the absolute worst possible thing he could have done. So, do we say this guy is a retard, or that the test/league is mistaken? I don't know. To me, either way is just absurd. I think that is what I'm really coming back to here. Absurd. The complete absurdity of the situation. Sometimes the simplest solution is the correct answer; he's guility. Sometimes, it's not. The NFL doctors lied about the damage from concussions for many decades.

So...somehow the NFL wants to ruin the career of Walter Thurmond and his possible payday?

Hell...seems like they will make it cheaper for Seattle to re-sign him.

I blame Thurmond for not being smarter about his recreational pastimes. Maybe he was listening to the same guys who told Sam Hurd that the league tests once per season and if you pass that test you're good for the rest of the year. Whatever. I want him back for the playoffs so may as well take your medicine now.

Still, not looking forward to a 3rd string guy out there on an island against Drew Brees next week. At least Lane and/or Maxwell will get a ton of reps in practice this week.

I look forward to beating the best passing team in the league next week excuse free.

I'm telling you guys, Maxwell and Lane can BALL.

I think Lane can play, but I think he's also a bit of a hothead. I can easily see a 15-yd personal foul or two in his future. Not sure about Maxwell. And what about this kid Shead? Lastly, do we bring back Antoine Winfield??

Browner's done here...good riddance. I'll gladly take back Thurmond though (hopefully a little cheaper due to the weed suspension) :-)

NFL.com previously reported PEDs...which would have pissed me off more. But they've since retracted and stated it was for substance abuse (which I'm more ok with haha...I guess it's not cheating).

The writing was on the wall with Browner anyway.

Honestly, I have no idea what to think at this point, so I think for once I will sit back and see what develops from the Browner situation. Granted, he was expected to be out around 4-6 weeks, so his contribution for the playoffs was iffy. He was widely expected to be allowed to walk at the end of the year. Thurmond, by accepting the suspension, committed financial suicide, so his deal will be cap friendly.

Browner is denying he is in trouble. Antonio Winfield is rumored to be resigned already. Marcus Trufant got a look; why, I have no idea, fock his old non covering ass.

Seattle has the best record in football, and suddenly the league is suspending their best players. What am I supposed to be thinking?

Poor me, poor me, pour me another drink. :(

Just a heads up for the little girls in this thread, SF won't lose again this regular season.

Book it.

Browner's done here...good riddance. I'll gladly take back Thurmond though (hopefully a little cheaper due to the weed suspension) :-)

:thumbsup: :cheers:

Thurmond can no longer expect a sweet 2nd contract deal, not if he's now one step away from a full year suspension. Unless they write his contract with a clause that means he's not owed anything subsequent to another violation, plus a meager signing bonus. Then if he's cut, the amount of dead money is minimal. So he basically focked himself because he couldn't lay off the herb.

To be fair, the quality of the ganja in the Pacific Northwest IS pretty sensational. Who amongst us would deny that.

Just a heads up for the little girls in this thread, SF won't lose again this regular season.

Book it.

Feeling emboldened after a win over the mighty Redskins?

Whats the Seahawks snack budget like?

Are they like just racks of chips and stuff in the locker room like a convenience store

I thought weed was legal in Seatle?

What a pisser. This just made Brees's job that much easier.

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Well, game day. Expected to be shitty weather, probably see snow/sleet/rain. Basically a wintry mess. Does this bode well or not? We should be able to run the ball with a healthy line and a physical running game. Our defense is physical, yet predicated on speed, which is cancelled out in bad weather. Our depth in the secondary is strained, but the rest of the team is healthy. Except for Harvin. Geez. Harvin is the white whale we just can't harpoon into our lineup. Wilson apparently has never played in a cold weather game, since it never got that cold in his one year in Wisconsin, but didn't we play a game in Toronto last year? Several news outlets are reporting that Browner has a good chance to win his appeal because apparently the NFL is using his drug history during time he was never in the league and testimony from former girl friends to charge him. Are you sh!tting me?

Bottom line, even though Carroll is downplaying this game, realistically it can really set up the rest of the season. A win not only officially clinches a playoff spot, but really would make the #1 seed very attainable. Realistically, we can afford to drop this game or next week to SF and still control our complete destiny if Carolina beats New Orleans once in their two upcoming games. But, why make it hard? I expect nothing short of a win in gusty wintry weather. It's going to be really, really noisy.

Seattle 26

New Orleans 17

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Well, game day. Expected to be shitty weather, probably see snow/sleet/rain. Basically a wintry mess. Does this bode well or not? We should be able to run the ball with a healthy line and a physical running game. Our defense is physical, yet predicated on speed, which is cancelled out in bad weather. Our depth in the secondary is strained, but the rest of the team is healthy. Except for Harvin. Geez. Harvin is the white whale we just can't harpoon into our lineup. Wilson apparently has never played in a cold weather game, since it never got that cold in his one year in Wisconsin, but didn't we play a game in Toronto last year? Several news outlets are reporting that Browner has a good chance to win his appeal because apparently the NFL is using his drug history during time he was never in the league and testimony from former girl friends to charge him. Are you sh!tting me?

Bottom line, even though Carroll is downplaying this game, realistically it can really set up the rest of the season. A win not only officially clinches a playoff spot, but really would make the #1 seed very attainable. Realistically, we can afford to drop this game or next week to SF and still control our complete destiny if Carolina beats New Orleans once in their two upcoming games. But, why make it hard? I expect nothing short of a win in gusty wintry weather. It's going to be really, really noisy.

Seattle 26

New Orleans 17

These defenses are almost identical on paper. Just about every category has Seatle 1 and New Orleans 2. Didn't realize that till today. I think this is going to be an ugly low scoring game with the Saints coming out on top. 23-13 Saints

These defenses are almost identical on paper. Just about every category has Seatle 1 and New Orleans 2. Didn't realize that till today. I think this is going to be an ugly low scoring game with the Saints coming out on top. 23-13 Saints

You're an oscar and a gentleman. Appreciate the invite into a thread that one may appreciate if you hear noises when the toilet works just fine.

Initial thoughts and feelings about the game from a Saints fan are; were probably going to lose this game. It's a home game for Seatle and the home crowd is one of the best in the league. The. Saints have historically sucked playing on the west coast and on natural grass fields since Payton and Bree's have been here. Don't know which is worse but we suck playing both. We play better indoors. Being a dome team does that to most and our indoor/outdoor record speaks for that.

The only way the Saints win is if we contain the run. Word here is that we will and play man to man on Seatles receivers and blitz little. We'll try and use the same game plan as we did with San Fran. Wilson will have to do a better job than Kapernick did getting first downs. The Saints took away his ability to run and that changed the game. Wilson is a different animal. He can throw on the run and the swing pass will be his major strength against a Saints defense that relys to heavily on mismatches in the middle playing man. Atlanta showed that last night. Put a man in motion and the Saints D gets confused.

On the flip side, Bree's will dink and dunk all night if that's what he's given. He'll be patient. He has to. Grahm is a beast but gets taken out of some games if he's the focal point. Sproles is the same. Payton has shown his desire to run but he's a throw first guy. Those swing passes to Pierre Thomas are things of beauty and yet, he'll abandon them for no reason. Colton is healthy now and Stills is showing up with his mentor

Meachum and Moore. But this offense is nothing like it was during the SB year.

I know this remark is regurgitated time after time, but. Whichever team wins the TOP battle and wins the turnover battle, wins.

Seatle 24 Saints 17

Oh, Bunny, Bunny, Bunny. :doh:

Good health to all.

As God as my witness, I thought the Saints could fly. :(

U can count on 1 hand the people who gave the Seahawks a chance to win this game. At home even! I'm not even a hawks fan, just a Wilson owner, but I saw the birds winning this game from a mile away. Would be the same result if it were the broncos, but closer. In fact it WILL be since a Seahawks vs broncos SB is almost a guarantee at this point.

U can count on 1 hand the people who gave the Seahawks a chance to win this game. At home even! I'm not even a hawks fan, just a Wilson owner, but I saw the birds winning this game from a mile away. Would be the same result if it were the broncos, but closer. In fact it WILL be since a Seahawks vs broncos SB is almost a guarantee at this point.

The sentiments are nice, but the league is week to week, and with all the injuries we've had this year, we know things can get dicey at any time. Nothing is a guarantee. Hell, Jax just won 3 out of 4 games and Nick Foles is playing more perfect than God. Weird things, man.

Well, the Hawks have official clinched a playoff spot and have reclaimed the Guinness World Record for loudest stadium in a dismantling of the 2nd best team in the conference. Not too shabby.

What the fock are you talking about?

Saints are a very good team and Seattle just dominated...but claiming nobody even gave the Seahawks a chance to win is pure bull.

What the fock are you talking about?

Saints are a very good team and Seattle just dominated...but claiming nobody even gave the Seahawks a chance to win is pure bull.

Maybe it depends where you live? But out here in Mass. Patriots country. All I heard all week was how Seattle loosing both Browner (Which I still don't even get. He was already out for the rest of the regular season with a groin injury) and Thurman were huge, and the Saints would win. It would be a close game, but saints win.

wow. much easier than I thought that was going to be. A win in San Fran would clinch the division title and give us at worst a #2 seed and a first rd bye.

Copied from in game thread:

Kudos to SEA and their fans. As a Who Dat, I didn't "expect" a win tonight but I certainly didn't expect to get embarrassed like we did. Wilson and Co. looked fantastic up there. Best of luck until we (hopefully) meet again...

Vegas had the Hawks by 6 so I'm not sure it really surprised anyone. The complete beatdown was a little tougher to see of course.

wow. much easier than I thought that was going to be. A win in San Fran would clinch the division title and give us at worst a #2 seed and a first rd bye.

I was giving it thought, and I'm somewhat convinced that there will be no let down this week in San Fran. We all know it's a huge rivalry. We had the same secondary depletion last year in the butt whooping of San Fran, of course Maxwell was probably our best secondary player last night, and it seems like we really match up well with Kaepernick, in that we shut him down completely. San Fran is playing some solid defense, but so was New Orleans, and Wilson just sliced and diced them. San Fran doesn't seem to be running like they want to, but they have some injured offensive linemen. They have more receiving options available for Kaepernick, but again, that dude is a one read and throw or tuck and run QB. He doesn't read his progressions. But, does it matter? Drew Brees was mostly Captain Checkdown last night, constantly dumping off short passes instead of challenging with longer throws. I'm feeling good about this upcoming game. Sure, San Fran will play with emotion, but in the end, I don't think it will be enough. Our defensive line is so much healthier than the early matchup this year. I know we didn't have Clemons, Irvin at LB was suspended, Avril saw limited time in his first game action, etc. I'd personally love to see Arizona sneak into the playoffs ahead of San Fran, so winning this game would be nice in order to hurt the Niners.

Ain't that some sh!t. It's only a few hours after pasting the Saints, and I'm already looking full focus on San Fran. Ugh. No rest for the weary.

Also, last night in some pregame crap, Trent Dilfer cherry picked some bullsh!t stats and tried to run down the quality of Seattle's defense, calling it overrated. It was comical to see him have to come forth with a "I was totally wrong" after the game. It's like he never played in Seattle before and doesn't know how it's like playing as an opponent here. Geez dude, you lost your job to Matt Hasselbeck. How long are you going to grind that axe?

Oh wow. The Saints plane had issues last night and was never able to take off and the Saints were grounded.

So not only did the Seattle defense shut down Drew Brees, they shut down the whole airport. :overhead:

I was giving it thought, and I'm somewhat convinced that there will be no let down this week in San Fran. We all know it's a huge rivalry. We had the same secondary depletion last year in the butt whooping of San Fran, of course Maxwell was probably our best secondary player last night, and it seems like we really match up well with Kaepernick, in that we shut him down completely. San Fran is playing some solid defense, but so was New Orleans, and Wilson just sliced and diced them. San Fran doesn't seem to be running like they want to, but they have some injured offensive linemen. They have more receiving options available for Kaepernick, but again, that dude is a one read and throw or tuck and run QB. He doesn't read his progressions. But, does it matter? Drew Brees was mostly Captain Checkdown last night, constantly dumping off short passes instead of challenging with longer throws. I'm feeling good about this upcoming game. Sure, San Fran will play with emotion, but in the end, I don't think it will be enough. Our defensive line is so much healthier than the early matchup this year. I know we didn't have Clemons, Irvin at LB was suspended, Avril saw limited time in his first game action, etc. I'd personally love to see Arizona sneak into the playoffs ahead of San Fran, so winning this game would be nice in order to hurt the Niners.

I agree. The Niners are at their most dangerous when they can deliver a steady ground attack, and that has suffered recently with the loss of Iupati, and I think Staley might have gotten hurt against the Rams too. So I don't think we will see the Niners at full strength. Meanwhile, Lane and Maxwell really stepped up nicely.

I've been saying for weeks that the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs is the Panthers. Newton doesn't have the same caliber of receivers to work with as we do, but his running game is probably just as physical with Tolbert and Deangelo. And Newton on the ground is a headache just like Wilson. Plus, their front 4 is just as good as ours and maybe even better. We have an advantage over them in the secondary, so I still think we win if we play again at home, but I think they present the toughest potential challenge for the playoff run.

I agree. The Niners are at their most dangerous when they can deliver a steady ground attack, and that has suffered recently with the loss of Iupati, and I think Staley might have gotten hurt against the Rams too. So I don't think we will see the Niners at full strength. Meanwhile, Lane and Maxwell really stepped up nicely.

I've been saying for weeks that the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs is the Panthers. Newton doesn't have the same caliber of receivers to work with as we do, but his running game is probably just as physical with Tolbert and Deangelo. And Newton on the ground is a headache just like Wilson. Plus, their front 4 is just as good as ours and maybe even better. We have an advantage over them in the secondary, so I still think we win if we play again at home, but I think they present the toughest potential challenge for the playoff run.

I heard Staley will indeed miss this week's game. As for Newton, yea they are hot now but go back and look at what the defense did to him last year and in game one this year. 19 total points to go along with 266 total yds passing in both games at Carolina. If we had the choice of Newton or Brees in Seattle for a championship game, I know who I would rather face.

Oh wow. The Saints plane had issues last night and was never able to take off and the Saints were grounded.

So not only did the Seattle defense shut down Drew Brees, they shut down the whole airport. :overhead:

Sherman is truly a SHUTDOWN corner! :overhead: :clap:

Ok, I know we all have our favorite players and we know who the big media guys are o nthe team, but I just want to say that one of my favorite Seahawks is a guy that is totally underrated outside of Seattle--Zach Miller! This guy is a flat out baller! This guy ciomes to play every game and does whatever it takes to win. Never complains when he is not catching the ball just goes out and does the dirty work. And every big game, this guy is a factor. For example, check out this video. Just watch Miller lined up on the 30 come across and flatten the Redskin LB to spring Lynch for a TD. Just fukkin awsome!

Here's to Zach Miller!! :cheers: