Sign in to follow this  
WASpartan

TRich over Spiller?

I'm in a 14 team .5 ppr league drafting in the 7th spot. All the Spiller hype has me reconsidering, but i think TRich is gonna be huge this year! Norv has his preferred offensive setup with a tall downfield receiver, big, athletic tight end, big-armed qb, and the bellcow rb to be the centerpiece. I see big improvements for this offense! Am i on point? Or is the potential of what Spiller can do too much to pass up?

Both have there issues (injuries and both on bad teams) - Spiller is being hyped (maybe too much) and jury still out on his rookie qb. Think the Bills will have a tougher time moving the ball, thus Spiller will have less opportunities. So, tough call, and going agains the conventional wisdom, but I say TRich.

Will Calvin be there at 7? If so, I would take him over both of these guys.

IMO ..you are on point. The mess at the QB position for the Bills has me a little jitterish on Spiller this year. Defenses may challenge the Bills QB's to prove they can beat them through the air before allowing Spiller to get his. I'm also in the 7th spot and like the consistency that TRich should provide.

I like TRich a little better at this point. I think Spiller is more expolosive and will have bigger games, but Richardson will offer more consistency.

I like TRich a little better at this point. I think Spiller is more expolosive and will have bigger games, but Richardson will offer more consistency.

I can see this. I also like CLE's QB, OL, offensive weapons and defense better than BUF's. The problem, however, is Richardson's shaky injury history so far and the fact that he's still yet to suit up this season. Spiller definitely has the higher upside, but Richardson offers better consistency most likely and probably more touchdowns. It'll be an interesting call...

Same boat here, 7th spot, back and forth on both guys. Trich is a beast, but unprovin. IMO u have to get a RB in round 1 cause they will all be gone when it comes back. Spiller did look good the few runs he had in game 1.

• Like 1

I was surprised to see rotoworld rank clevelands off line #5 out of #31 teams until I read up on them. They are young and maulers lead by Joe Thomas.

Trent Richardson will have 0 competition at the rb position. Fred Jackson is washed up but still coming in on 3rd down passing plays. I say

with some doubt go Trent Richardson. He is tough....played through broken ribs last year.

tough call

On one hand you have a guy that averages over 6 yards per touch, on the other hand you have a guy that averages less than 4 yards per touch...

Hmmm, let me think....

Personally, I'd take Spiller all day long and it wouldn't be a decision. Having Manuel as his QB works in his favor. They will keep feeding him the ball. The Bills have also quietly put together a very speedy, and deep, WR Corps. Who is usually the first dump off target for a young QB? I'm betting Marrone has him hitting Spiller in the flat all season long. On top of that, Manuel can scramble with the best of them. That is going to keep defenses from focusing on Spiller.

Cleveland is looking up, and I do like TRich quite a bit, but you know what you are getting with Richardson. A guy who is going to end the season averaging 4 ypc, or maybe just over. He isn't a home run threat and while he plays, he's always dinged up. CJ has the potential to win a game for you each week with his speed. TRich has the ability to keep you in games. I'll take Spiller this season without question. As for the offensive line.... Joe Thomas is the best LT in football, in my opinion. That will be needed when they face the front seven of Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and the Bengals twice each.

It's up in the air right now. Gonna have to let the draft play itself out and react accordingly. I'm high on both guys and could see both finishing top 5.

Spiller in all formats. The key to this year (and most years for me) is surviving the 1st three rounds. Spiller, I believe, gives you a better chance at surviving the 1st round.

TRich was on the injury report 15 out of 16 weeks last year. Not to mention, he started a game or two and could not finish which is very frustrating for FF'ers. He was a little dinged up in the off season as well. Throw in his ho-hum performance from last year which was saved by 5 or 6 one or two yard touchdown runs. Give him credit for having a nose for the endzone, I guess.

As for projected 1st rounders, this is one guy I'm staying away from this year.

of the two, TRich w/ Norval Turner as OC.and just hope Chud doesn't try to get too fancy on O like he did last year in CAR...

... though i'd still take Ray Rice over both...

Great question. I have TRich in my deep keeper (non-PPR), and just drafted Spiller in IBL (1 pt PPR). For those who don't know IBL, there are 8 drafts involving 96 mostly-savvy FF owners, and FWIW Spiller was taken before TRich in 6 of the 8 drafts. But their overall ADPs were negligibly close, along with Rice.

My draft was one of the two where TRich went first, but I'd have gone Spiller anyway. TRich has that weird shin injury... shin? Also I view their floors as comparable but Spiller with the higher ceiling. Marrone said they will feed Spiller the ball until he pukes; I want to be a part of that.

That all being said, this is one of those classic cases where there really is no wrong answer; take a deep breath and ask yourself in a deep zen state who you think you should own. Then pick him.

Not even once.

I've got Spiller rated several spots ahead of Richardson.

Fred Jackon scares me.

Trich is safer for this reason.

32 year old slow as shlt rbs scare you? This new coaching regime has no investment or attachment to Fjax like the last one. Why the hell would they jeopardize their reputation by giving Fjax any significant amount of touches outside of injury replacement?

I still cannot believe people are afraid of that geriatric. He showed us last year he was done as any type of dynamic runner.

32 year old slow as shlt rbs scare you? This new coaching regime has no investment or attachment to Fjax like the last one. Why the hell would they jeopardize their reputation by giving Fjax any significant amount of touches outside of injury replacement?

I still cannot believe people are afraid of that geriatric. He showed us last year he was done as any type of dynamic runner.

:thumbsup:

TRich's yards per carry last year: 3.5

Spiller's yards per carry: 6.0

TRich's yards per catch: 7.2

Spiller's yards per catch: 10.7

Extrapolate from there.

where do you rank Mccoy with Spiller and Trich?

flip a coin on Trich and Spiller......Mccoy did score 18tds 2yrs ago and will be playing from behind with the horrible philly def equals lots of catches.

Fred Jackon scares me.

Trich is safer for this reason.

Just the opposite for me. Fred Jackson gives Spiller the edge. A very cheap handcuff that can jump in as a starter in case of injury? Sign me up.

Just the opposite for me. Fred Jackson gives Spiller the edge. A very cheap handcuff that can jump in as a starter in case of injury? Sign me up.

I agree, theres a bad habit people have of thinking the backup spells doom for the starter. If anything you want a good backup to let ur stud rest and keep playing hard all 4 qtrs. I wanted chester behind adrian when I had him. Im not worried about Fjax at all and even wish he had more left in the tank.

Theres only cause for worry if the backup is clearly better than the starter and the coach is just kidding himself and hurting his own team.

Great question. I have TRich in my deep keeper (non-PPR), and just drafted Spiller in IBL (1 pt PPR). For those who don't know IBL, there are 8 drafts involving 96 mostly-savvy FF owners, and FWIW Spiller was taken before TRich in 6 of the 8 drafts. But their overall ADPs were negligibly close, along with Rice.

My draft was one of the two where TRich went first, but I'd have gone Spiller anyway. TRich has that weird shin injury... shin? Also I view their floors as comparable but Spiller with the higher ceiling. Marrone said they will feed Spiller the ball until he pukes; I want to be a part of that.

That all being said, this is one of those classic cases where there really is no wrong answer; take a deep breath and ask yourself in a deep zen state who you think you should own. Then pick him.

Does the fact that Marrone has said they will "feed Spiller the ball until he pukes" concern you regarding his ability to carry the load vs injury risk? TRich is built for this and proven he can play through some injury. I have a hard time believing Spiller can handle any amount of pain and stay in a game.

I love that Norv is the new OC in Cleveland. This tips the scales for me in the debate. Throw last years yards per carry and yards per catch stats out the door. I see TRich's yards per catch/carry going up under Norv and Spillers coming down ...as he wears down.... IMO.

I'll take TRich as Norv Turner's RB over Spiller and Nathaniel Hackett (1 year as OC for Syracuse under his belt). Yes, the Orange offense set multiple school records in 2012 including yards per game (476.0), passing yards (3,757), touchdown passes (26), completions (295) and first downs (328), but will his schemes translate on the NFL stage?

How much value do you put in a RB's OC in ranking him?

Great debate.

Does the fact that Marrone has said they will "feed Spiller the ball until he pukes" concern you regarding his ability to carry the load vs injury risk? TRich is built for this and proven he can play through some injury. I have a hard time believing Spiller can handle any amount of pain and stay in a game.

I love that Norv is the new OC in Cleveland. This tips the scales for me in the debate. Throw last years yards per carry and yards per catch stats out the door. I see TRich's yards per catch/carry going up under Norv and Spillers coming down ...as he wears down.... IMO.

I'll take TRich as Norv Turner's RB over Spiller and Nathaniel Hackett (1 year as OC for Syracuse under his belt). Yes, the Orange offense set multiple school records in 2012 including yards per game (476.0), passing yards (3,757), touchdown passes (26), completions (295) and first downs (328), but will his schemes translate on the NFL stage?

How much value do you put in a RB's OC in ranking him?

Great debate.

I don't see why for redraft purposes you wouldn't want your first round pick getting every touch possible. Maybe he will slow down, but having a ton of touches + the pure ability Spiller has can only lead to great things minus the injury bug.

Trich has better talent around him and no competition for carries especially since Hardesty just had surgery and Dion Lewis broke his leg in tonight's preseason game. Trich looked good against that stout Detroit Dline. I don't like that Trich seems to be hurt or knicked up all the time, but if he can stay healthy he will put up impressive numbers.

ETA: stupid auto correct.

Trich has better talent around him and no competition for carries especially since Hardesty just had surgery and Dion Lewis broke his leg in tonight's preseason game. Trich looked good against that stout Detroit Dline. I don't like that Trich seems to be hurt or knocked up all the time, but if he can stay healthy he will put up impressive numbers.

That promiscuous TRich is always spreading his legs wherever he goes. :wub:

• Like 1

Coaches love the guy. I don't understand it either.

Trich is the only RB on the roster.

This.

I just have a feeling that Spiller is going to have a monster season. Chan Gailey really under-utilized Spiller last year. CJ is extremely elusive and a threat to go the distance any time he touches the ball. He really shouldn't drop past 1.06 in any format, in all candor.

My conspiracy theory:

Bama RBs have been fed steroids on arrival to Tuscaloosa. Roids= injuries later in life

All seem dinged up all the time... TRich, Eddie Lacey, Ingram

Of course im just kidding... kind of :)

Where can I get some deer antler spray???

Bump...

"Why the hell would they jeopardize their reputation by giving Fjax any significant amount of touches outside of injury replacement?"

Because they can... I suppose.

"I still cannot believe people are afraid of that geriatric. He showed us last year he was done as any type of dynamic runner."

Fred must be selling drugs to the bills coaching staff. Why else would they like this "geriatric"?

Should we still be waiting for this?