Sign in to follow this  
ICEMAN

Roddy White expectations

With all of the time that he has missed in preseason and being listed as Questionable for Sunday's game, I am getting more than a little worried about his production this week. I am certain that he will play, but I need this guy to produce at a high level. anybody got an inside scoop on how he has looked now that he has been practicing again?

ICEMAN

Hes never missed a game in 8 years. Roddy will be Roddy. That said, I kind of view him as having a limited ceiling because of Julio. His floor is very high wich keeps him a WR1, but last years numbers feel like the best he can do now, give or take a few TDs wich are fluky.

I expect a slight decline in production this year as Julio continues to take the reigns. But expect low-end WR1 production.

1200 yards and 8 tds, dudes a rock

This. Gonzo is getting old. He should have retired last year but hopes of a Super Bowl championship drew him back. I see Julio getting the most coverage (yet still producing) and roddy slipping in and straight up having a lot of monster games as well

If you have a player you drafted in the first 6

or so rounds on the Saints or Falcons... Play all of them this weekend. There may be 100 points scored in the game

I hope you are right. I gotsa me some White and some Ryan, however whenever we expect a shoot out we get some 17-10 game.

Yeah, I got worried, too, when I saw that he was listed as "Questionable" for the game. But I'm sure he'll play and put up fairly good numbers. I think this is going to be one of the higher scoring games this weekend, and I think Roddy catches at least 1 TD in the game.

As a Saints fan I hate to say this, but Roddy White is someone you want on your fantasy team if you get a decent deal for him. He is a tremendous asset in a world of overvalued, inconsistent WRs. WR1 production most weeks with a WR2 floor at a low-end WR1 price. Even the top tier WR1s (other than Calvin) are more inconsistent. Part of his value is the fact that he rarely misses games. It's also no secret that he is getting old for an NFL WR. He will be an entirely different player if he starts missing games.

With all of the time that he has missed in preseason and being listed as Questionable for Sunday's game, I am getting more than a little worried about his production this week. I am certain that he will play, but I need this guy to produce at a high level. anybody got an inside scoop on how he has looked now that he has been practicing again?

ICEMAN

nope

From Adam Schefter via Roto:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Roddy White is battling a high-ankle sprain that is "worse than the Falcons are letting on."
Schefter adds that it will "make it challenging" for White to play in Sunday's opener against the Saints, while NFL Network's Jeff Darlington hears from a team source that White "will indeed play." Both coach Mike Smith and GM Thomas Dimitroff denounced a rumor that White had suffered a high-ankle sprain in the second preseason game. The good news is the Falcons and Saints kick off at 1 PM ET. Inactives will be announced at roughly 11:30 AM. Stay tuned. Sep 8 - 9:58 AM

Sounds like he will start in a game that will assuredly being high scoring. In games past he has played but very much been the dumny when it's been a serious injury. I'm thinking about starting Thompkins or Mike Williams over him.

What are you doing with him? I really hate this; it's week 1 and I'm already regretting the pick.

Seems like all my players have injuries they are coming off or tweaks this year (Richardson, MJD) so I will lose the rest of my hair this year. I just took Rody out and put in Deshaun. I don't know maybe that new Philly offense turns him into the next Percy.

It looks like he's going to start. It remains to be seen how effective he will be. He now becomes a risky fantasy play but it all comes down to your tolerance for risk and how deep your other wide receiving options are. White has a great matchup today in what should be a high-scoring game but he could very well be limited.

Benching him for givens. Not risking a zero. Would rather Roddy not play much and try to get healthy. If he goes off so be it ill never bench him again.

Thinking of going with Lance Moore over him...hate that I don't have another great option...but the risk here is killing me and Moore has typically done well against Atlanta.

So who do you guys like more than White this week. Have the choices of C Shorts, M Williams or C Givens??

I'd prob start any of them over him, but that's just me not wanting to take a 2-18-0 line from rowdy. Givens would be last on the list for me.

Glazer reported that he has yet to cut on it since he injured it in the 2nd preseason game. That means he hasn't been running routes in practice to me.

I'm pulling him in my two leagues I own him in, in favor of Austin (Tavon in one league... Miles in another).

Crap. High ankle sprain and hasnt cut on leg since week 2 of preseason :shocking:

Dont think i can play Tavon Austin over him and definetly not Lacy vs SF. DAMNNNNNNNNN

starting with confidence and expecting atleast 15 points standard scoring

not sure how anyone can start him with confidence. not saying its a bad move...but with confidence? GL.

not sure how anyone can start him with confidence. not saying its a bad move...but with confidence? GL.

Based on all the reports coming out this morning it is insane to start him with confidence. We went from him being 50/50. Then 80/20 against, to now he will play but he probably won't be much more than a decoy since he won't be able to really cut. If he tweeks it at all he will be off the field the rest of the game.

I have White up against me in 2 leagues that his owners won't be sitting him, and the one league I have him in I am now benching him for M Williams.

Crap. Probably will still start him over Lance Moore...

+1

He looks alright warming up, not the same as playing but I am going with him over the above 3 I posted at this point. Thinking back to a similar situation last year a lot of people benched White and he went off and had 2 TDs.

Screw it, rolling with him.

Crap. Probably will still start him over lance moore... but worried. Is that dumb?

Ended up sticking with Roody over Moore...hoping I don't regret it.