Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Is Cecil Shorts an automatic bench this week vs SEA?

Jags will have to pass as they won't be able to run but I'm not sure they will be able to pass either.

Thoughts?

I don't know that he'll get the Sherman-all-game treatment the way Boldin did. Still, there are probably a lot of better options on most rosters than going against a Seattle team that just slaughtered San Fran.

As stated on other threads, I don't like playing anyone vs SEA right now...

However, my decision is Shorts vs M Williams... WR3

With nothing more than a gut feeling, I will play C Shorts and hope for garbage yards and perhaps an accidental TD.

I feel like Seattle will go up early and play sofer coverage for most of the second half. I can see Shorts being a decent play in PPR for his garbage time catches.

I feel like Seattle will go up early and play sofer coverage for most of the second half. I can see Shorts being a decent play in PPR for his garbage time catches.

I don't know if the Jags are going to get to 100 yards of total offense. Maybe 10 catches for 23 yards for Shorts is possible.

I am debating benching him for Pierce, though he has a really tough matchup too.

I don't know if the Jags are going to get to 100 yards of total offense. Maybe 10 catches for 23 yards for Shorts is possible.

I am debating benching him for Pierce, though he has a really tough matchup too.

I'm on the fence between Shorts and Mathews. I have waiver priority on Pierce this week, but I don't think he's worth a start between facing the Texans and Rice possibly playing a reduced role.

Playing him over the likes of Reuben Randle, Chris Givens, Andre Roberts and Kenbrell Thompkins (aka horrible alternatives). Not happy about it, but I'm hoping for either a slight letdown game from Seattle and/or some garbage time points.

Playing him over the likes of Reuben Randle, Chris Givens, Andre Roberts and Kenbrell Thompkins (aka horrible alternatives). Not happy about it, but I'm hoping for either a slight letdown game from Seattle and/or some garbage time points.

Who are the Rams playing? Givens could be a decent option

• Like 1

Who are the Rams playing? Givens could be a decent option

Cowboys. I have Cook as well and am worried about all the mouths to feed. You may be right though, he is due for a long td.

• Like 1

Yes.

duh.

ICEMAN

Cowboys. I have Cook as well and am worried about all the mouths to feed. You may be right though, he is due for a long td.

I have Givens and Shorts, and I'd definitely play Givens over Shorts this week only.

Just traded Shorts and Wilson for Desean. Neither of those 2 bums are playable this week or most others.

That owner is crazy

That owner is crazy

Yea I'm happy about it. Til Wilson breaks a 60yd td, desean gets held to 75 yds and all of a sudden it's a bad trade for me in eeryones eyes. Things happen, rb depth is far more important than wr depth, but Wilson just looks like he's lost all of his upside besides his natural ability wich is arguably overrated as it is.

With no Blackmon, he will draw Sherman and we saw what happened like week to Boldin. Unless you have absolutely NO other options, I think he is a sit this week.

benched and placed deangelo williams in as flex..... at least i feel confident that williams will get me some points.... i dont like any wrs against those corners in seattle right now

I wouldn't be a worried about it if the game were in JAX... but it's in seattle, which looks like the toughest place in the league to play... i don't see much offense from the jaguars on sunday

Benching him for either KT or Marlon...not sure which yet, but that shows my confidence in Seahawks D.

To the poster who said big lead equals soft coverage...what was Boldins line and the score last week?

To the poster who said big lead equals soft coverage...what was Boldins line and the score last week?

Lets be fair here... SF/SEA was competitive well thru three quarters...

Although I think JAX covers the spread (somewhere around 20), SEA should jump out to big lead early.

No, Jax will score this week. This game reeks of crazy any given sunday week. Seattle is due for a letdown and Jax due for their guys to play hard. To the bank....

after what I saw seattles defense do against San Fran, I'd say yes.

Shorts should be benched this week.

No, Jax will score this week. This game reeks of crazy any given sunday week. Seattle is due for a letdown and Jax due for their guys to play hard. To the bank....

Due for a letdown after 2 games? People are saying this game feels like an upset only because the spread is so ridiculous and the underdog is so weak. It's going to turn out exactly how it looks IMO.

With nothing more than a gut feeling, I will play C Shorts and hope for garbage yards and perhaps an accidental TD.

Week 3 (@SEA) 8-143 0 TD

If you did not start him, you fail. He is a Top 15 guy that with Henne... with Blackmon (soon), should be a must start every week.

Week 3 (@SEA) 8-143 0 TD

If you did not start him, you fail. He is a Top 15 guy that with Henne... with Blackmon (soon), should be a must start every week.

i benched and i would of lost even with him in the line up but had i looked at my line up before the games started and knew finley was out i woud of played him....oh well thats how fantasy goes...he will be in my lineup next week

I seriously underestimated how astonishingly bad Jacksonville was. It was garbage time against the Seattle JV by the third quarter. Big day for Shorts.

I benched him in one league for Josh Gordon (Good move). Benched him in another league for Andre Roberts (Epic fail). Still going to win both leagues but like a previous poster said, it was like a 5th preseason game for Seattle in the 2nd half when they sat the majority of their starters.

like a previous poster said, it was like a 5th preseason game for Seattle in the 2nd half when they sat the majority of their starters.

Irrelevant from a fantasy perspective. All I know is that he put up 8/143.

The game went pretty much how most expected. "Garbage Time" is your friend.

Week 3 (@SEA) 8-143 0 TD

It's just so hard to put a guy in your lineup every week banking on 4th quarter garbage time catches/yards.

Week 1- 0 catches in the first 3 quarters. 3 catches for 40 yards in the 4th quarter.

Week 2- 4 catches for 37 yards in first 3 quarters. 4 catches for 56 yards in the 4th quarter.

Week 3- 3 catches for 24 yards until under 2 minutes to go in 3rd quarter. 5 catches for 119 yards after that.

Can we continue to bank on him putting up reliable fantasy stats in garbage time of the 4th quarter? I know Jacksonville is bad, but it just seems like a tough way to continue to put someone in your lineup. He's been pretty non existent until the games are out of reach.

It's just so hard to put a guy in your lineup every week banking on 4th quarter garbage time catches/yards.

Can we continue to bank on him putting up reliable fantasy stats in garbage time of the 4th quarter? I know Jacksonville is bad, but it just seems like a tough way to continue to put someone in your lineup..

It's a unique siuation because of how bad JAX really is. However, you did the homework for us ... And the numbers you pulled for each of the first three games suggest a trend. Also, do not underestimate how Shorts will draw more one-on-ones once Blackmon returns. I think Shorts will produce steady 80-120yd games every week; however, he may also be the kinda guy that will end up with 100+ rec, 1300 yds... And like only 3TDs end of season.

I'm a fan, will play him every week until further notice. Dude is good.

It's a unique siuation because of how bad JAX really is. However, you did the homework for us ... And the numbers you pulled for each of the first three games suggest a trend. Also, do not underestimate how Shorts will draw more one-on-ones once Blackmon returns. I think Shorts will produce steady 80-120yd games every week; however, he may also be the kinda guy that will end up with 100+ rec, 1300 yds... And like only 3TDs end of season.

I'm a fan, will play him every week until further notice. Dude is good.

I like him. I drafted him in just about all of my leagues. I don't know if I agree with you if Gabbert comes back and starts though. There is a huge difference between Shorts' production with Henne versus Gabbert. So I'm hoping Henne remains the starter.