Sign in to follow this  
BOBnugget

Trent Richardson Traded to Colts

This is a good thing for us Trent owners (both leagues here), right?

I expected TRich to struggle to break 4 YPC but I figured he was a mortal lock for 300+ carries on such a bad O. Now I suspect he will carry the ball less but should end up with 40-50 receptions with many more TD opportunities.

Right? :dunno:

This was my thinking also. I think less carries doesn't mean he'll get less yards. Less stacking the box may give him a higher YPC, maybe more yeards, plus more scoring opportunities because he's on a better team.

current browns front office could care less what the previous front office did to get TRich. there was a growing opinion among brown's fans he wasn't worth the pick(s) they used to get him. the current staff probably were thinking the same thing. this is the probably the most they would ever get for TRich. he also clears a lot of cap space. i think this staff wants to position themselves for a great offseason.

the browns were in the first 2 games they lost. the coaches may think the 2 offensive guys who will not be playing this sunday were not executing as well as some guys on the bench. time will tell.

This is a good thing for us Trent owners (both leagues here), right?

I expected TRich to struggle to break 4 YPC but I figured he was a mortal lock for 300+ carries on such a bad O. Now I suspect he will carry the ball less but should end up with 40-50 receptions with many more TD opportunities.

Right? :dunno:

Less carries but more redone opportunities. The weight of reviving a franchise is also off his shoulders. I think this trade is positive for Trent owners and a complete a@@ rape for Bradshaw owners..

Isn't this Ben Tate's final yr on his contract?

FA this offseason?

Hmmmm

Less carries but more redone opportunities. The weight of reviving a franchise is also off his shoulders. I think this trade is positive for Trent owners and a complete a@@ rape for Bradshaw owners..

....and for us Browns fans.

:thumbsdown:

Less carries? The browns will never have a lead. The Colts will. So they will give him the rock in the 4th all day. Wish I drafted the guy now.

And maybe I don't know exactly how the draft works, but don't we expect Indy to have a fairly low draft pick? So they give up a #3 overall for a #20ish?

You get two draft picks in the first round for a franchise with more holes than any team in the league. Other than a couple of guys on the D-line, O-line, Haden, and maybe a couple of other guys, nobody on the Browns would start on any other team. Who of the Browns draft picks in the last ten years are doing anything in the league? Nobody. This is the first step in another rebuild, which sucks, but they weren't winning more than 4-5 games this year, anyways.

I'm not that bummed about losing a guy who was averaging 3.1YPC and looked like it.

Defensive line this year, offense and secondary next year.

This trade has huge ramifications all around in fantasy football.

Obviously off the top, TRich's value goes up while Bradshaw's value takes a huge hit.

But how does this affect Luck?

How does it affect Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon in Cleveland? Do teams just blanket them now or does their value shoot up with all the passing from behind CLE will be doing now?

Can McGahee step in and be a Jerome Harrison for the Browns for one year?!!!

Actually, they gave up the 2012 #4 pick, #118 (4th round), #139 (5th round) and #211 (7th round) for the 2014 twentieth(ish) pick. :doh:

So does this regime stick with a guy they're not convinced is their man because the last regime spent too many picks to move up to get him?

Now was the time to deal him rather than at the end of they year when he has 900 yards and seven TDs. They got max value for him at the only time they would get that much.

This trade has huge ramifications all around in fantasy football.

Obviously off the top, TRich's value goes up while Bradshaw's value takes a huge hit.

But how does this affect Luck?

How does it affect Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon in Cleveland? Do teams just blanket them now or does their value shoot up with all the passing from behind CLE will be doing now?

Can McGahee step in and be a Jerome Harrison for the Browns for one year?!!!

The Browns gave T-Rich 13 carries the first week, 18 the second. They were ahead in both games when they abandoned the run.

Cameron will be the same, I need to see what Gordon does. I suspect he won't be the next coming of Calvin Johnson like every Cleveland fan hopes.

So does this regime stick with a guy they're not convinced is their man because the last regime spent too many picks to move up to get him?

Now was the time to deal him rather than at the end of they year when he has 900 yards and seven TDs. They got max value for him at the only time they would get that much.

I think football fans underrate the ability to even handle the kind of workload Trent was asked to shoulder last year, a lot of it while playing through pain. Drafting Weedon is what really seems to have set the franchise back more than anything. Not that Richardson played well in Cleveland but the Browns offense has been I believe bottom third in the league every year but 1 since they became an expansion franchise about 15 years ago.

More than anything I think they need a new team name and uniforms that have logos, and I don't mean the diarrhea leprechaun you see on their retro gear. :dunno:

The Browns weren't going to win with TRich and Weeden. They actually made a good move. Ship off T-Rich with the potential to get a franchise QB. Its better than what they have now

Guess I'm in a jam now.

Charles is my RB1.

I also on Trent, Bradshaw and Bush.

Bush may be out.

Bradshaw vs SF sucks

Trent may not play.

Guess I burn my #2 WW on D.richardson.

Damn

I think football fans underrate the ability to even handle the kind of workload Trent was asked to shoulder last year, a lot of it while playing through pain. Drafting Weedon is what really seems to have set the franchise back more than anything. Not that Richardson played well in Cleveland but the Browns offense has been I believe bottom third in the league every year but 1 since they became an expansion franchise about 15 years ago.

More than anything I think they need a new team name and uniforms that have logos, and I don't mean the diarrhea leprechaun you see on their retro gear. :dunno:

Yes, and they have so few assets that would get them anything, they dealt the only one that had the potential to get the assets to pull them out of their draft tailspin. Don't worry, Weeden will be gone by next season, too.

The only thing I worry about is Mike Lombardi/Joe Banner's drafting skills. I'm impressed with what they pulled off here, now they have to make the right decisions next year.

Guess I'm in a jam now.

Charles is my RB1.

I also on Trent, Bradshaw and Bush.

Bush may be out.

Bradshaw vs SF sucks

Trent may not play.

Guess I burn my #2 WW on D.richardson.

Damn

Yeah I wish I had your problems.

TRich will play. Bush will play. Both will yield decent results. Save your waiver position and bail on Bradshaw.

Yes, and they have so few assets that would get them anything, they dealt the only one that had the potential to get the assets to pull them out of their draft tailspin. Don't worry, Weeden will be gone by next season, too.

The only thing I worry about is Mike Lombardi/Joe Banner's drafting skills. I'm impressed with what they pulled off here, now they have to make the right decisions next year.

Im a huge Suxers fan and I stood up and applauded when Sam Hinkie hit the detonate button on my franchise and traded our only good player for the chance at a brighter future so I absolutely get where you're coming from, and I respect Browns fans for passionately supporting a team that has given them so little resin to stick by them over the years. :thumbsup:

As an outsider it just seems unfortunate since Cleveland appeared on the verge of turning it around with T Rich as part of the solution, but we've all seen this story for many years now so I can't blame them for collecting assets instead.

Im a huge Suxers fan and I stood up and applauded when Sam Hinkie hit the detonate button on my franchise and traded our only good player for the chance at a brighter future so I absolutely get where you're coming from, and I respect Browns fans for passionately supporting a team that has given them so little resin to stick by them over the years. :thumbsup:

As an outsider it just seems unfortunate since Cleveland appeared on the verge of turning it around with T Rich as part of the solution, but we've all seen this story for many years now so I can't blame them for collecting assets instead.

Don't get me wrong, the knowledge that we are now essentially the worst team in the NFL (again) sucks, but we were going to be that anyways. This offense in the first two games was as bad as I've seen it since they've been back.

Don't get me wrong, the knowledge that we are now essentially the worst team in the NFL (again) sucks, but we were going to be that anyways. This offense in the first two games was as bad as I've seen it since they've been back.

Actually i think the Jags are the worst team in the NFL

Looks like Clevelands planning to draft Manziel

What would have been Trent Richardson ADP going into this year if he was on the Colts instead of the Browns. Would he have been top 5 drafted?

Browns fan here and its ogbonnya all the way until McGhee gets up to speed. Rainey was signed like a week before the season started I don't see how they throw him in....he has to be 3rd down back...ogbonnya has started in the past and at least shower he can handle 20 touches and can catch the ball..

I was way down on the WW and I picked him up- hope you are right and he gets the shot.

Steeler jerseys are selling out in Cleveland! :ninja:

Second in sells behind the Steeler jerseys, Brown paper sacks. :banana:

Nice owning Richardson except for 2 of the next 3 games (@ SF and against SEA)

This is the biggest thing. Owning Trich is going to blow for the next few weeks, as if it hasn't been mediocre enough.

Actually i think the Jags are the worst team in the NFL

Stillers

If you're going to rebuild, it helps to have a solid O-line to do it. I think the Browns have one of the best, with perhaps as many as three Pro Bowlers there. BTW, on drafts, they definitely hit on Mitchell Schwartz in 2012. That defense is not bad either, 9th in takeaways and 11th in sacks last season, and jumped from last overall to 16th in fantasy points in 2012.

I agree, Weeden was the mistake, but also something somewhere behind the scenes caused the number three overall to get his ass shipped out of town on a rail.

Ka-boom.

Am I the only one that thinks that TRich slept with Chuds wife??? WTF is going on?

LOL... a glossy stack of 8x10's in a manila envelope delivered by some dude in a blue suit and cop shades totally comes to mind, anyone old enough to remember Rockford files??

• Like 1

We all can speculate on why they traded Richardson. This behind the scenes stuff is kind of funny. Richardson was clearly their best offensive player. Jordan is not the next anything and now with a third stringer at qb the sky is the limit yea right. All I know is that I can not remember the last time Cleveland made a good football decision. It is easy to see cause they have been a mediocre to a bad team since coming back to the nfl. This was a bad decision and whom ever they draft with the pick they get from Indy will not be consider even close to the talent they gave away.

The guy in my league who owned Trent panicked and didn't want him. I somehow parlayed it into a three team trade where I gave up bench players but got AJ Green. Thank you Cleveland.