Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

CJ Spiller, why do you suck so bad?

I don't understand why they're not throwing him the ball. He's not an up the gut runner. Needs to be used like a Reggie Bush. Why they haven't thrown more to him is beyond me.

He must be puking a lot with only 9 carries.

I wish they'd throw him the ball so much he pukes!

I'm not able to watch the game, but what I don't get is how they aren't able to get him in space where he's mist effective. He dominated last year because he had room to make things happen. How do you ruin your best option on offense?

They need to utilize him more like JCharles.

• Like 1

I am... was a big Spiller advocate. I don't think it's going to happen for a few weeks at the earliest. I just don't know what else to say. Every defense knew he was dynamic last year, and he didn't have too much trouble finding space to run.

In fairness he did have a good game last week averaging over 5 ypc. The knee and 2 fumbles though... Fock.

We can't forget the big fantasy killer, coaching staffs and front offices who are focking retarded.

I know some posters on here worship the ground that any coach/front office man walks on and says that they know better than us just because they have to. Overall sure, they know more than me. It doesn't mean they still aren't stupid focks who truly know how to run a team.

its an interesting question. i guess chan gailey is a better offensive coach than who ever is the coach now.

as a bills fan, in buffalo, watching the games, they arent running an offense. there is no flow. just blah

EJ Manuel is a joke. If websites didn't continually emphasize the fact that were going to give Spiller the ball until "he threw up" maybe some of us would have stayed away from him. I made the huge mistake of taking him over McCoy. Never would have happened if I didn't waste my time reading articles with people all over Spillers jock. What a waste. At least I handcuffed him with Jackson.

EJ Manuel is a joke. If websites didn't continually emphasize the fact that were going to give Spiller the ball until "he threw up" maybe some of us would have stayed away from him. I made the huge mistake of taking him over McCoy. Never would have happened if I didn't waste my time reading articles with people all over Spillers jock. What a waste. At least I handcuffed him with Jackson.

Blaming others because you took their advice......that's classic.

Ha. Agreed. I thought Spiller was a deal at pick #8, and may still be. But the injury and his utilization looks just wrong.

Did anyone see how the injury happened? Contact injury? I imagine non-contact would have already been reported. Took him #2 overall in a league. #3 on my list: LeSean McCoy. :wall:

I am... was a big Spiller advocate. I don't think it's going to happen for a few weeks at the earliest. I just don't know what else to say. Every defense knew he was dynamic last year, and he didn't have too much trouble finding space to run.

In fairness he did have a good game last week averaging over 5 ypc. The knee and 2 fumbles though... Fock.

We can't forget the big fantasy killer, coaching staffs and front offices who are focking retarded.

I know some posters on here worship the ground that any coach/front office man walks on and says that they know better than us just because they have to. Overall sure, they know more than me. It doesn't mean they still aren't stupid focks who truly know how to run a team.

I don't know... fred Jackson has proved that he deserves some carries... maybe not as many as he's getting, but he looks far more effective that spiller early... must be the knee

I only have Spiller in one league, but I hope he misses next weeks game so I won't be forced to start him. I have no idea what the Bills are doing with him, but he's obviously not being used in the passing game or in space. Thought they were going to run him til he puked, but Spiller owners are the only one's puking at this point. In this league, I drafted D. Wilson as my RB2. How I am 2-1 is beyond me...

I didn't see the injury, but the Jets D for most of the game had everything covered and closed very quickly on the ball. They gave up a handful of chunk plays during the game, and also imploded late in the game with penalties to keep the Bills somewhat in the game. But it was pretty much just a blowout.

The Jets D looked like the Ravens Ds of old. Probably the most surprising thing, and I doubt people will believe me, is that somehow Rex convinced Cromartie to become a big time tackler. That same Cromartie who used to run from contact like a little girl was now confidently wrapping up and taking down ball carriers as if he had been doing that his entire career. I don't know if it has been like that the past few years since outside of Thanksgiving I did my best to avoid Jets games last year, and at least the year before that if not longer. But this is a very strong D.

Spiller will have more space next week if he's healthy...probably.

I haven't watched the Bills much but I'd imagine it has something to do with EJ Manuel. Maybe he sucks at effectively getting Spiller the ball in space?

It was ultimately my fault for not going with my heart. With that being said... It's hard to pass up a guy at #7 that nearly everyone thought was the only guy to rival AP for points leader. Still 3-0 with him on my team but first round busts are not good for your fantasy team.

I only have Spiller in one league, but I hope he misses next weeks game so I won't be forced to start him. I have no idea what the Bills are doing with him, but he's obviously not being used in the passing game or in space. Thought they were going to run him til he puked, but Spiller owners are the only one's puking at this point. In this league, I drafted D. Wilson as my RB2. How I am 2-1 is beyond me...

Have the same situation as you with Spiller and Wilson and somehow I'm the highest scoring team in my league even though for the 3rd week in a row I've gotten a zero or less out of one of them. :thumbsdown:

Getting hurt is one thing, but he plain sucked even when on the field. Blaming EJ Manuel is silly, he looks every bit like he deserved to be the first qb taken, the kid can play. Spiller went 3 in my league while I took Mcoy at 6 and was ecstatic. But I agree, the only reason I had him ranked anywhere near the top 7 was due to to rampant speculative reports and all that run til he throws up nonsense, plus he was electric with his carries last year. I usually avoid the miracle darling each year since the nfl has a tendency to do the opposite like AP dominating when he was supposed to struggle last year.

Even more fun is the tale of 2 halves rbs that start slow and kill ur team but bust out after week 8 and end the year with great stats like CJ2k last year.

Looks like Spiller is ok. Not sure if that's good or bad. According to Rotoworld:

C.J. Spiller (knee) said he expects to play against the Ravens in Week 4.

Spiller said he twisted his knee during the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Jets and lost some explosiveness. But the fact that he's just a little sore and expects to play next week confirms that there's no structural damage. It sounds like a minor sprain. We'll know more once the Bills get back in practice Wednesday.

It was ultimately my fault for not going with my heart. With that being said... It's hard to pass up a guy at #7 that nearly everyone thought was the only guy to rival AP for points leader. Still 3-0 with him on my team but first round busts are not good for your fantasy team.

dunno dude....lots og sites were pumping different stuff, it's kinda what they need to do, what they make money off. But most in the know agreed that after AD, it was a mixed bag from 2-9ish. All those RBs were basically the same tier, and you took who you preferred. Now some are rising to the top like Shady, some are really faltering, and some are what we though they'd be. I didn't recall a single person state that he'd push AD for the top spot tbh. Regardless, this is what happens in FF EVERY year. Dudes, for whatever reason, just don't come close to performing. That's why I go with proven commodities early, and take chances late in the draft. Shady, proven. I took foster at 2 spot in 1 league, because he's proven. But he's not doing much for me either. It's just how FF plays out. Lots of luck. You do the best you can on draft day and let the chips fall where they may. Doesn't make spiller a sux0r. Just how shite goes...

Updating a previous item, C.J. Spiller actually hurt his thigh -- not his knee -- during Sunday's loss to the Jets.

The injury is not considered serious and Spiller is fully expected to play against the Ravens in Week 4. It sounds like he may have taken a shot to the lower part of his quad or strained a muscle, causing some discomfort in the knee. Spiller himself said he's just a little sore Monday and confirmed he'll play next week. There's a nice window here to throw in some buy-low offers.

Spiller had 1700 total yards in 7 starts last year. He's proven.

Proven to me is doing it at least 2 times and at least 1 time in a featured role. Example: Peyton Hillis, unproven and now garbage after his 1 miricle season.

Proven to me is doing it at least 2 times and at least 1 time in a featured role. Example: Peyton Hillis, unproven and now garbage after his 1 miricle season.

yeah it's semantics, but that's what I meant when I said proven. Guys that have done it over a duration of time. Hell even TRich can't be called proven. The NFL is riddled with 1 year wonders, and Hillis is a perfect example. Is he even on a roster this year? Dude was this close to getting paid. Not saying Spiller will be a 1 year wonder, but for every back that turns into a tiki barber, there are 5 peyton hillis', and probably 20 that land somewhere in the middle.

Bunch of so called wannabe experts claiming spiller to be the next barry sanders doesn't mean sh!t to me. In case you guys haven't figured it out by now, most of these so called experts on the internet know as much or as little as the rest of us. It's their job to hype this player over that, and then claiming success on the 20% they hit on and ignoring the other 80. Kind of like what many do on this forum too. Going by any of their 'rankings' and then bitching about it is a terrible way to go through life...

yeah it's semantics, but that's what I meant when I said proven. Guys that have done it over a duration of time. Hell even TRich can't be called proven. The NFL is riddled with 1 year wonders, and Hillis is a perfect example. Is he even on a roster this year? Dude was this close to getting paid. Not saying Spiller will be a 1 year wonder, but for every back that turns into a tiki barber, there are 5 peyton hillis', and probably 20 that land somewhere in the middle.

Bunch of so called wannabe experts claiming spiller to be the next barry sanders doesn't mean sh!t to me. In case you guys haven't figured it out by now, most of these so called experts on the internet know as much or as little as the rest of us. It's their job to hype this player over that, and then claiming success on the 20% they hit on and ignoring the other 80. Kind of like what many do on this forum too. Going by any of their 'rankings' and then bitching about it is a terrible way to go through life...

I never follow this advice but the only way to rank is to shut out all media and sit in a quiet empty room and create ur own preseason ranks based purely off of your gut, relevant facts and logical speculation. Then simply adjust according to REAL football happenings like preseason injury etc. No being scared of what others will think when u rank welker ahead of Roddy or TRich outside the top 10, none of that cancerous bull that plagues us or pressures us into putting guys higher than we like "just because were supposed to". If we are knowledgeable about football, we can make a good rank list ourselves with zero help from experts.

It's the playcalling too. They keep having him run up the gut where the oline isn't creating space for him. He needs to get into space! I think Gailey understood this better than the current coaching staff.

You cant place all the blame on Spiller... He's getting hit in the backfield pretty much every play. Sure, defenses are keying on him, but they also key on AP, Charles and other stud RB's with no QB.

To me the fault lies with the OC, OL, RB, QB in that order.

The OC needs to call plays based on what the defense is doing...

The OL needs to be able to block...

The RB needs to be able to find the holes, run and hold onto the ball...

The QB needs to be able to keep defenses honest and adjust at the line if needed...

Of those 4, Buffalo is doing 1 or 2 on each play. It's no wonder they suck!

Is Spiller being compared to Peyton Hills?.. just wow..

Yea ur right, thats not fair to Peyton hillis who actually delivered when he was given a feature role. Sorry Peyton.

I like him as a buy-low candidate this week. What would you guys offer for him? I'm thinking of tossing sproles + a wr3 out in my 0.5 ppr league.

Is Spiller being compared to Peyton Hills?.. just wow..

Yea ur right, thats not fair to Peyton hillis who actually delivered when he was given a feature role. Sorry Peyton.

I'm not comparing him to hillis but do you know how many RBs show some flash for a season or half season, and then never to be heard again. You're telling me SPiller is 100% above that?!? Hillis is just an easy example, there are tons of RBs that fit into this category. Lets not go putting Spiller in Canton just yet...