Sign in to follow this  
FakeFoozballIzFun

Jordy Nelson's value with Arod out?

I see the packers going run heavy now...combine that with Seneca's ineffectiveness and it probably drops his value to WR3 or worse. Think Larry Fitz last year except less passing attempts and Jordy being no Larry Fitz. Or maybe compare it to the #1 WR for the Jets, whoever that is.

His value is nothing. I agree he is a WR3. I am sure he will get in the end zone occasionally but otherwise you can't trust him. There are two things that could happen with Wallace. He could be like last night and do very little. Or he could lock onto Jordy who will then be double covered because the defense knows Wallace won't go anywhere else.

Obviously his value is not very good with Rodgers out.

I think I throw a better football than Seneca Wallace.

Of will everyone be stacking the box against Lacy, leaving Jordy with more 1 on 1 matchups? Maybe fewer targets, but more yardage with nobody over the top?

Of will everyone be stacking the box against Lacy, leaving Jordy with more 1 on 1 matchups? Maybe fewer targets, but more yardage with nobody over the top?

This I hope

I believe he finished the game with 9 targets. His value definitely takes a hit but I will keep him in my lineup. He should at least be a solid WR3.

He's a WR1 until proven otherwise on the field, not based on opinions.

Personally I think it's best to assess someone's value at that moment rather than waiting 2-3 weeks to find out what value he has or doesn't have. If you can accurately predict how guys are going to produce ahead of time that gives you an edge over everyone else.

After crunching some numbers I think Jordy has low-end WR2 to high end WR3 value with Seneca at the helm.

This. I hope.

The one league where I have Jordy I am utterly stacked at receiver and will be benching him for Decker until further notice.

I think he's a low-end WR2 now. Seneca Wallace sucks but Jordy's still the #1 receiver on the team and will get targets.

Dreaming. Qb driven offenses rely entirely on them to function. Sure Jordy could have great wr1 games, but he's just as likely to now as any other wr on the team who plays any decent number of snaps. He's simply a guy now. Elite Qbs make guys studs, rarely is it the other way around (Calvin, AJ etc.).

I believe he finished the game with 9 targets. His value definitely takes a hit but I will keep him in my lineup. He should at least be a solid WR3.

That points out the exact problem. In games 1-8 Jordy caught 72% of the balls thrown to him. On Sunday if you ignore the one catch he got from Rodgers, he caught 37%. That is a problem.

Rodgers receives all the QB snaps in practice, much like all other starting QB's in the NFL. How effective does anyone think the backup is going to be when he has very little chemistry with the other starters when thrown into game action?

I'm not saying Seneca will duplicate Rodgers production but he should be better this week with the 1st team practice reps.

Between bye weeks and injuries, how many people have the luxury of leaving a Jordy Nelson on their bench no matter who's throwing the ball? In an 8-10 team league maybe. Also, don't underestimate the Packers offensive brain trust . Remember, this is the team that made Matt Flynn look like the second coming of Steve Young.

Seneca Wallace has played in 27 games since he last threw for multiple TDs. That was way back in 2008.

Not sure if that bodes well for Jordy's chances of doing much. Thank goodness I have much depth at WR.

The one league where I have Jordy I am utterly stacked at receiver and will be benching him for Decker until further notice.

awesome. I was kinda worried about your situation. Thanks for clearing that up. Now off to bed I go, haven't slept in 3 days worrying about this...

Dreaming. Qb driven offenses rely entirely on them to function. Sure Jordy could have great wr1 games, but he's just as likely to now as any other wr on the team who plays any decent number of snaps. He's simply a guy now. Elite Qbs make guys studs, rarely is it the other way around (Calvin, AJ etc.).

this. Jordy is not in the tier of receivers who get their irrelevant of the qb. That offense as a whole is going to sputter. Think of it in simple terms, you think they're gonna be scoring 30 a game with Seneca? If not, then everyone on the O suffers, because less points are being scored. Unless you believe Jordy will go for 250 yards a game somehow. Offense will sputter, Jordy will not be close to wr1. Maybe Lacy gets more touches and thus produces more, but that is even doubtful...

Guy in one of my leagues just traded Rice for Jordy Nelson. Rice owner asked my opinion before and I said I wouldn't give up Nelson for Rice. Even without out Rodgers for couple few weeks I'd rather have Nelson. Nelson at worst WR2

awesome. I was kinda worried about your situation. Thanks for clearing that up. Now off to bed I go, haven't slept in 3 days worrying about this...

And I was worried about what some guy I don't know online would think, so in glad we could help each other out. :cheers:

And I was worried about what some guy I don't know online would think, so in glad we could help each other out. :cheers:

That's what this board has evolved. Internet egos that fight that have nothing to do with this thread other than patting yourselves on back because your the best internet person.

That's what this board has evolved. Internet egos that fight that have nothing to do with this thread other than patting yourselves on back because your the best internet person.

actually the board has evolved into, 'hey look at me, please look at me, someone pay me attention, check out my team, check out my moves, aren't I smart, PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME I NEED ATTENTION!'

I'm bored just the right amount during business hours to take the piss on stuff like that. Tis a sad state of affairs, I'll agree to that...

actually the board has evolved into, 'hey look at me, please look at me, someone pay me attention, check out my team, check out my moves, aren't I smart, PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME I NEED ATTENTION!'

I'm bored just the right amount during business hours to take the piss on stuff like that. Tis a sad state of affairs, I'll agree to that...

This certainly ain't no disco.

:lol: It's fantasy football my man, relax.